Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 2:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sign the petition - eliminate computerized drawings!

Topic closed. 338 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 18 of 23
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2005, 7:27 am - IP Logged

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Even though my picks seem to be much closer, or 'winners' during DAY time drawings, I prefer the ball drawings.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
    Member #12618
    March 18, 2005
    2060 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2005, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I've actually won more with ball drawings then computerized drawings. I am losey at Pick 3. (Which is computerized here.)

I signed the petition awhile ago, but I got my mom to sign it as well. She's not really into the lottery or anything, but I asked her to sign it and she did. Heh.

Dance like no one is watching.

United States
      Member #119
      February 19, 2002
      527 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2005, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

We can land a man on the moon.  We can make a missile hit a target the size of a dime from a thousand miles away.

And yes, Virginia, we can rig a lottery through computerized drawings. 

Yes, there ARE software programs and computers powerful enough in the year 2005! that can scan all the combinations players selected in the half hour BEFORE the drawing to make sure the WINNING combination selected does NOT match any of what the PLAYERS selected.  How can there not be in this day and age?

I'm personally convinced this is what happens in Delaware with its computerized Lotto.  Do I have proof?  No.  But do you need proof of the winter to know winter is coming?

The ONLY reason computerized drawings exist is to increase the states' profitability, at OUR expense.  I no longer play ANY lottery that is computerized.  If everyone followed suit, they would cease to exist because then that state would be brought to its knees. 

Who's with me?

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2005, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Yea too bad I actually won more, and got closer with computerized DAY draws than night. LOL Nothing substantial though. Also A LOT more one digit miss teasers to keep me wanting to play.

Columbia City, Indiana
          United States
          Member #2978
          December 9, 2003
          381 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2005, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Greg:

I'm with you - except for the part about Delaware. I'm not saying you're wrong; only that I don't know enough about Delaware's lottery commission, their draw methods or their scandal history to be able to judge.

I do know that the Hoosier Lottery uses methods similar to what you describe, except that their RNG software contains code meant to scan the database to find the number with the least amount of play.

LosingJeff and I have spent the better part of three years gathering evidence against this crooked agency. We've met with Hoosier Lottery officials, state legislators, newspaper reporters, retailers, grand jury investigators, attorneys and countless others; we've chased down, procured and verified documents which supposedly didn't exist; we've read and copied our state gaming laws, searched the internet for related stories, written letters, made phone calls, traveled overnight for meetings and made enough copies to drive the price of Kinko's stock to record highs.

Despite all these efforts, the Hoosier Lottery continues to operate, but every day brings us closer to our goals.

Many people suspect their lottery is cheating them, but making blanket statements without some type of evidence to support your claims will only earn you the label of "conspiracy theorist," and you don't want that.

If you suspect your state's lottery of wrongdoing, look into it. If you find something, look into it some more, and then keep looking until you find what you need to bring them down. 

On the other hand, if you don't find anything to support your suspicions, it's probably because there's nothing to find, and that's okay, too. Actually, this is the result you're hoping for, because it indicates that your lottery games are being run honestly and fairly.

Jeff and I use Delaware, South Carolina and other states with lesser populations to show the massive disparity in daily game payouts between those states and Indiana. This alone is compelling evidence that our suspicions have merit, although it's not conclusive by itself. That's why you need to keep looking. Once you have several hundred "coincidences" crammed into a file folder, other people will begin to see that what you say is true.

Todd is notoriously skeptical about claims of crooked lotteries, but once he was made aware of the proof we have, even he agreed that our situation was dire. The evidence we have is so strong it simply cannot be denied, but it took a lot of effort to obtain that evidence.

I'm reasonably certain you're correct about the coming winter (we had one last year, so I don't doubt it), but that doesn't really qualify as evidence of a crooked lottery. You should look a little deeper.

Please understand that I'm not trying to discourage you, and I'm not discounting your suspicions. I'm only suggesting that you verify the true status of the games you play. If there's nothing to find, so be it; you can play with confidence and with the knowledge that you're playing a fair and honest game. You'll also be able to alleviate the suspicions of others who don't have the information you've taken the trouble to gather. Conversely, if you do find something to indicate your state lottery commission isn't playing by the rules, then you must commit to the search, and continue digging until you find the proof you need.

Whatever you find, accept it. Should it turn out that you're wrong, that's okay - no harm, no foul; at least you'll know. If you do find evidence of wrongdoing, though, you'll have to accept that as well. But you'll save yourself, and others, a lot of money by refusing to play a game you know you can't win.   

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

cahaba's avatar - moon
            Birmingham
            United States
            Member #18850
            July 21, 2005
            82 Posts
            Posted: November 10, 2005, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

computerized drawing must go

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you can speculate on what you're going to get through trial and error"

JAZZY JASPER's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg

United States
              Member #786
              October 14, 2002
              2723 Posts
              Posted: November 10, 2005, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Six-too-One odds, in the States favor!

No matter, how, or how much you play.

Know that!

"It's not easy, being, GREEN! "

Skony1's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                Streetsboro, Ohio
                United States
                Member #1163
                February 20, 2003
                5981 Posts
                Posted: November 11, 2005, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

computerized drawings must go.......Skony  I Agree!

United States
                  Member #25881
                  November 12, 2005
                  62 Posts
                  Posted: November 12, 2005, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I just signed it, thanks!  Type

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: November 12, 2005, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

computerized drawing must go

i can say that it looks good that oklahoma started with balls.if north carolina starts with balls to this will be even better...

United States
                      Member #26469
                      November 18, 2005
                      160 Posts
                      Posted: November 18, 2005, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that the people of NC would trust the computerized picks as much as they would the balls.If the lottery wants to get off to a good start,they will go with the tried and true.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: November 18, 2005, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that the people of NC would trust the computerized picks as much as they would the balls.If the lottery wants to get off to a good start,they will go with the tried and true.

i hope your right.balls would be best.......

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
                          Springfield,Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #14006
                          April 19, 2005
                          3972 Posts
                          Posted: November 21, 2005, 2:13 am - IP Logged

Computer suck.. Balls are the only way!!

Let your state know you dont trust there computers.. Lets see Federal law legislate BALLS ONLY!!!!

If it weren't for Vtracs and STXS where would we be?

JAZZY JASPER's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg

United States
                            Member #786
                            October 14, 2002
                            2723 Posts
                            Posted: November 21, 2005, 9:58 am - IP Logged

It's 'all', an illusion.

dfms's avatar - chipmunk
                              Dublin, CA
                              United States
                              Member #23527
                              October 13, 2005
                              8 Posts
                              Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

We don't need a computer to pick random numbers. We as players should be able to watch the drawings live on TV and watch the balls roll down the shute. If it becomes a computerized game, I won't play any more, the odds are bad enough now. The fastest way to bring down something good is the hire poor management, just ask employee's at Delta, United, and GM.

You can learn something new every day.Hit With Stick

Page 18 of 23