Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sign the petition - eliminate computerized drawings!

Topic closed. 338 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 10 of 23
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2005, 4:58 am - IP Logged

If someone can take the time to carefully compile a list of states and the specific games within them that are computerized, I will create a new page here at Lottery Post and I'll maintain it as well.

I personally just don't have the time to compile the list myself, especially the part about the individual games that are computerized, because it would involve checking out every single game among the hundreds out there.

Anyone have the ability to do this?

computerized states....missouri, california, kansas, delaware, oregon, minnesota, colorado, south dakota, idaho, louisiana, nebraska, indiana, arizona, washington, wisconsin

ball drawings....connecticut, florida, georgia, illinois, iowa, kentucky, maine, maryland, massachusetts, michigan, new hampshire, new jersey, new york,new mexico, north dakota, rhode island, ohio, south carolina, virginia, vermont, texas, tennessee, west virginia

anyone notice any errors feel free to correct me

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: May 11, 2005, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

i made these charts as a way to see where we stand right now as far as computerized and non computerized lotteries,as we speak some of the ball drawing lotteries are sneaking in computerized games like michigan.....

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23275 Posts
      Posted: May 11, 2005, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Mike,

I added some spaces between the states, so that the lines would wrap and people wouldn't have to scroll the page to see all the states.  In the future when you're creating a comma-separated list, just add a space after each comma (like I did after "list, "). 

That's a good list, but unfortuantely we need to put Michigan in the computerized column.  See today's news story.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2005, 12:20 am - IP Logged

thanks,thats bad about michigan though,now you have ball drawing states sneaking in computerized games,that way when they do go computerized they can try to use that as a valid excuse,these states are getting more sneaky about sliding in a computerized game.

MollyG's avatar - happy
          TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
          United States
          Member #9019
          November 25, 2004
          523 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2005, 10:25 am - IP Logged

I received this from Michigan lottery:

Dear Molly,

The random number generator is used for Fantasy 5, Keno and Winfall. Winfall ends on Saturday and the RNG will be used for Classic Lotto 47, which begins on Sunday.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Lottery PR Department

Jimmysand posted on the Lottery Discussion about Mi using RNG's since Oct,2002. 

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: May 14, 2005, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

all i can say is that its sad when they use computers for half of the games in michigan and ball machines for the other half,gve it a little while longer and everything in michigan will be computerized.this is the new way they are doing it now......sneaking in computerized drawings when they still have ball drawings.

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
              Greenfield
              United States
              Member #3587
              February 2, 2004
              557 Posts
              Posted: May 20, 2005, 3:05 am - IP Logged

States that use RNG are no longer lotteries. Instead, they are devices to rig games and make sure the States bilk you for everything you got. There is nothing random about it. Why do you think they are doing it? So they can take in about 99 percent of everything you spend. RNG means no risk for the States. Personally, its just a matter of time till the people get  wise to this scam and quit playing.

Greenfield
                United States
                Member #3587
                February 2, 2004
                557 Posts
                Posted: May 20, 2005, 3:06 am - IP Logged

Just look at Indiana. They boast of record sales, yet pay nothing out on their daily games. Kinda strange huh?

Greenfield
                  United States
                  Member #3587
                  February 2, 2004
                  557 Posts
                  Posted: May 20, 2005, 3:08 am - IP Logged

Can someone do a comparison today for Indiana and South Carolina daily games; I get tired of doing it to show this all the time.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                    San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1394 Posts
                    Posted: May 20, 2005, 10:17 am - IP Logged

I think most folks agree that the MegaMillions game is run by a quasi-secret organization. The met in secret and came up with the new odds. They haven't given any explanation that I've heard about.

I think I found the answer - the play slip.

All lotteries have playslips having 5 panels, to entice players to spend $5.

I don't know if other states use the same playslip, but in Texas there only room for 2 additional numbers in the main number panel. In order to make room for 4 numbers, a 7th line must be created. This takes space away from the Mega ball panel, thus the reduction to 46 numbers. 

Otherwise, the panels would have to be made smaller, which would make it harder for folks with poor vision to mark their numbers.

I haven't seen the new playslips. It will be interesting to see if they decided to make everything smaller.

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23275 Posts
                      Posted: May 20, 2005, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I think most folks agree that the MegaMillions game is run by a quasi-secret organization. The met in secret and came up with the new odds. They haven't given any explanation that I've heard about.

I think I found the answer - the play slip.

All lotteries have playslips having 5 panels, to entice players to spend $5.

I don't know if other states use the same playslip, but in Texas there only room for 2 additional numbers in the main number panel. In order to make room for 4 numbers, a 7th line must be created. This takes space away from the Mega ball panel, thus the reduction to 46 numbers. 

Otherwise, the panels would have to be made smaller, which would make it harder for folks with poor vision to mark their numbers.

I haven't seen the new playslips. It will be interesting to see if they decided to make everything smaller.

That's the first time I've heard that one.

I don't agree that there is anything malicious or suspicious (sorry for the rhyme) about changing the matrix.  They just want to create larger jackpots, while keeping the game so that people still feel like they will win something.

The reason for fewer Mega Balls is so that people will win lower-tier prizes.  It's that simple.

I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with their decision, but I don't question the integrity of the decision.  They did what they feel would generate more sales.

I think the play slip is the last thing on their mind when evaluating changes.

Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: May 21, 2005, 4:57 am - IP Logged

If someone can take the time to carefully compile a list of states and the specific games within them that are computerized, I will create a new page here at Lottery Post and I'll maintain it as well.

I personally just don't have the time to compile the list myself, especially the part about the individual games that are computerized, because it would involve checking out every single game among the hundreds out there.

Anyone have the ability to do this?

computerized states....missouri, california, kansas, delaware, oregon, minnesota, colorado, south dakota, idaho, louisiana, nebraska, indiana, arizona, washington, wisconsin

ball drawings....connecticut, florida, georgia, illinois, iowa, kentucky, maine, maryland, massachusetts, michigan, new hampshire, new jersey, new york,new mexico, north dakota, rhode island, ohio, south carolina, virginia, vermont, texas, tennessee, west virginia

anyone notice any errors feel free to correct me

does anyone notice that new mexico is the only lottery out west maybe besides texas that is ball oriented,every state out west is computerized.....that is where all the computerized stuff is originating is out west.....

United States
                          Member #1826
                          July 11, 2003
                          2645 Posts
                          Posted: May 22, 2005, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Hate to say it, but NM has gone to the rig-o-matic too.

(insert signature here)

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23275 Posts
                            Posted: May 22, 2005, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I really need to put together a page on this, describing each and every game that is computerized.  ("Games to Avoid").

I'll put it high on my to-do list.

hosni's avatar - hosni
                              Escondido, CA
                              United States
                              Member #70
                              December 31, 2001
                              12800 Posts
                              Posted: May 22, 2005, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I really need to put together a page on this, describing each and every game that is computerized.  ("Games to Avoid").

I'll put it high on my to-do list.

Hokey-Dokey Todd. Let's start with sunny and warm California.

Daily-3 Mid and Eve:  Computer Picks

Fantasy-5:  Computer Picks

California Super Lotto Plus, the old fashioned way with Ping-Pong balls.

From my airconditioned computer room,  Platinum John

Retired Grumman Aerospace Corporation F-14 Tomcat AVIONICS Field Engineer Extraordinaire

Page 10 of 23