Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sign the petition - eliminate computerized drawings!

Topic closed. 338 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 7 of 23
PrintE-mailLink
Maverick's avatar - yinyang
USA
United States
Member #8242
October 29, 2004
1133 Posts
Posted: January 11, 2005, 11:40 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by pigskin on January 6, 2005

Todd..in computerized drawings, do these states insure that the machines making the drawings do not know what combo selections have been made by the players? 

Interesting
    Buford, GA
    United States
    Member #1215
    March 3, 2003
    433 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2005, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Todd;

Please sign me up!!!  Wow, this forum has progressed HUGELY since my last visit!!  Keep up the GREAT work Todd!!!

billyloco

&n

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: January 24, 2005, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

i think what is happening in delaware needs to be seized upon by other states that are computerized and hopefully we can get some of these computerized states to switch back to ball drawings,wouldn't it be great if we could change the momentum and swing it back in favor of ball drawings,tell your state if its computerized you demand a change!!

Lee's Summit, Mo.
        United States
        Member #6519
        August 26, 2004
        192 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2005, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Todd...my problem is I see a posting and later if I want to come back to it I can't find it.  For instance, earlier today I saw one of your tutorial postings-pressing the control key and other letters to save a posting-and tonight I can't find it.  How do I go about finding these postings?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23273 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2005, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

pigskin: Use Search in the Forums menu

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MollyG's avatar - happy
            TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
            United States
            Member #9019
            November 25, 2004
            523 Posts
            Posted: January 28, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Hello,

Ms Nettles says Texas is going computerized on Cash 5 in March, and intends to follow suit with the rest, dventually.  In a sense, I'm looking forward to such...only because: the past hasn't proved prosperous, maybe the future will....who knows. (Maybe the Random Picker on my computer will match more with theirs....lol)

Texas has changed the Lotto so much, they have almost gone 'belly-up' with it...

If, by some miracle, the computer drawings become more profitable for the public, they will change it....like they do for everything else.

What I'm saying is, in Texas I have no preference....for you other states that want to keep the balls, I hope you get your wish.

Best of luck

LAKE FOREST
              United States
              Member #4741
              May 22, 2004
              10 Posts
              Posted: January 30, 2005, 3:36 am - IP Logged

Thats a great idea Todd. I`m with you.

Thanks.

Zoom3 

spyder417's avatar - spider
                clarksville TN
                United States
                Member #10415
                January 12, 2005
                6 Posts
                Posted: January 30, 2005, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I DID IT

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23273 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2005, 12:19 am - IP Logged

zoom3 & spyder417: GREAT - hopefully your support -- and everyone else's -- will help.

MollyG: What can I say? I hope there's not too many other people with that same opinion, because if you think things are bad or untrustworthy now, just wait until a computer selects all your lottery numbers. Once you go down that path, it will be seemingly impossible to come back.

Justin's avatar - hatchap
                    Stevens Point
                    United States
                    Member #6457
                    August 24, 2004
                    3030 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2005, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Wisconsin has changed something in their draws in the last two weeks, for 3 months they drew a 4 43% of the draws. almost every other draw. they have drawn 3 4's in the last two weeks, its disgusting. as for texas, i dont think things can get much worse for them. lol

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

MollyG's avatar - happy
                      TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                      United States
                      Member #9019
                      November 25, 2004
                      523 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2005, 1:08 am - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by Todd on January 31, 2005

zoom3 & spyder417: GREAT - hopefully your support -- and everyone else's -- will help.

MollyG: What can I say? I hope there's not too many other people with that same opinion, because if you think things are bad or untrustworthy now, just wait until a computer selects all your lottery numbers. Once you go down that path, it will be seemingly impossible to come back.

I do understand your point....but, if it gets any worse...I'LL QUIT PLAYING, all together. The only change they've made in Pick 3, is the PreTest and the amount of ballsets used. (that was bad).  So, I'm ready for a change, even if it's computerized.  They apparently haven't thought of front/back pairs or anything else  the other states have.  In the words of Justin "it is bad".

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23273 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2005, 8:16 am - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by MollyG on January 31, 2005

I do understand your point....but, if it gets any worse...I'LL QUIT PLAYING, all together. The only change they've made in Pick 3, is the PreTest and the amount of ballsets used. (that was bad).  So, I'm ready for a change, even if it's computerized.  They apparently haven't thought of front/back pairs or anything else  the other states have.  In the words of Justin "it is bad".

I don't think going to a computerized drawing is the kind of change that will help Texas in any way.  If anything, it will decrease sales and lead to further distrust.  You should be careful what you wish for.  Saying that you're willing to change to a computerized drawing because you're currently having bad luck is a deal with the devil that you will later regret.

Throwing in terms like "it is bad" is cute, but doesn't really say much.

MollyG's avatar - happy
                          TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                          United States
                          Member #9019
                          November 25, 2004
                          523 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2005, 9:52 am - IP Logged

I don't think going to a computerized drawing is the kind of change that will help Texas in any way.  If anything, it will decrease sales and lead to further distrust.  You should be careful what you wish for.  Saying that you're willing to change to a computerized drawing because you're currently having bad luck is a deal with the devil that you will later regret.

Todd, I don't make the rules for TLC and they certainly aren't going to ask for my opinion OR take heed of it, if I should make a request. Lots of us Texans had done that in the past, and it doesn't work.  So, we will HAVE to abide by whatever they choose, or forget it and don't play if we don't like it.  I'm actually not 'overly wishing', just standing by and waiting to see what happens.

As far as the "is bad"....I won't comment.

Thanks,

MollyG

MollyG's avatar - happy
                            TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                            United States
                            Member #9019
                            November 25, 2004
                            523 Posts
                            Posted: January 31, 2005, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Todd, now you've gotten my curiousity up.  When I made my comment, I was only speaking for myself...not everyone else (in Texas).  I don't know how the others feel about the upcoming change....but, I would like to know.  I think I'll do a Poll about it...although, it probably won't be very accurate because anyone can vote and probably a lot of people that play on will...so, we'll not actually get Texas voters only. Oh, what the heck...let's do it.

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23273 Posts
                              Posted: January 31, 2005, 11:05 am - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by MollyG on January 31, 2005

Todd, I don't make the rules for TLC and they certainly aren't going to ask for my opinion OR take heed of it, if I should make a request. Lots of us Texans had done that in the past, and it doesn't work.  So, we will HAVE to abide by whatever they choose, or forget it and don't play if we don't like it.  I'm actually not 'overly wishing', just standing by and waiting to see what happens.

As far as the "is bad"....I won't comment.

Thanks,

MollyG

MollyG,

The point I am trying to get across is that (1) computerized lottery drawings are NEVER the answer to bad luck (they only make matters worse), and, (2) in order to make sure computerized lottery drawings do not get implemented people cannot just sit back and let others decide what happens for them -- they must be active participants against computerized drawings.

The people who "make the rules" will listen if everyone sticks together, and if we are a large group with a loud voice.  It all goes back to getting into political office, and staying in office.  They will not implement computerized drawings if doing so would get them tossed from office.

However, politicians will use dissent and confusion to make a point that there is no consensus on the matter, even though the vast majority of players polled on this site have always been firmly against computerized drawings.  We must remain singularly on-topic in order to succeed.

Page 7 of 23