Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sign the petition - eliminate computerized drawings!

Topic closed. 338 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 8 of 23
PrintE-mailLink
casper's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg
Burton,Texas
United States
Member #3289
January 8, 2004
249 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2005, 11:52 am - IP Logged

I also would sign against it, but my wife and I use the same post sight. I think that computorized drawings would allow them to control what comes out. Maybe or may not be true, but I don't trust them.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: February 4, 2005, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

i was just wondering what was the first state to go computerized because whatever state that it was has led to this......i hope everything is going well on the petition

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
      Greenfield
      United States
      Member #3587
      February 2, 2004
      557 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2005, 8:53 am - IP Logged

Why is it important that this Petition be signed? Here is why:

Here are the Midday and Evening Pic 3 payout amounts  for Indiana on 2/9 (Yesterday)

Pic 3  Midday-----  0 Straight winners-- total pd 5300

Pic 3 Evevning----  2 Straight winners---total pd 10,990

Total Midday and Evening payouts for pic 3 = 16,290!

An amazing 2 winners total for midday and evening combined. Of course, as you know, and have seen for yourself, this is not unusual.

Greenfield
        United States
        Member #3587
        February 2, 2004
        557 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2005, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Oh, I forgot to mention that South Carolina had 342 straight winners yesterday on Midday and Evening combined Pic 3. They have 2 million less people than Indiana.HHHMMMM? Interesting isnt it? 

Greenfield
          United States
          Member #3587
          February 2, 2004
          557 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2005, 9:00 am - IP Logged

1 July will change this forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23273 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2005, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Jeff: I hope so (about July 1), but the bill is only in its infancy.  We need to keep on top of it, to be sure it passes!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Greenfield
              United States
              Member #3587
              February 2, 2004
              557 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2005, 9:52 am - IP Logged

YYou are right Todd! We have to stay on it, and we will! By the way, were last nights payouts humble or what. I think they are more impossible than humble.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23273 Posts
                Posted: February 10, 2005, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Jeff,

Can you find a way to get the number of tickets sold for each game, by day?  If you could track this down, we could really see if the payouts are out of whack.  I agree that the payouts are stunningly low, but without the number of tickets sold, the picture is incomplete.

Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: February 10, 2005, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

thats right jeff you need to see how many tickets are being sold,if for some reason nobody is buying pick 3 and pick 4 tickets then all of our suspicions about this are invalid.however i do think jeff that you will most likely find that quite a bit are being sold and can start presenting this stuff to your local senator showing the low payouts of indiana vs. south carolina and the huge differences that just scream of CORRUPTION.....

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8362 Posts
                    Posted: February 10, 2005, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

in either dvent the amount of people playing the lottery dosen't have anything to do with the amount of people who play a certain number. Every number isn't necessarly bet every day twice a day. By the masses of people in any given state. I will agree as it is evident that there aren't very many winners in your states pick 3 and 4 games. Without knowing the ratio of people playing, and what numbers they are betting on. How can anyone say it was a poor turnout of numbers If 888 had came out or some other popular number then i'm sure there would have been a larger payout. Providing of course that many people played the number in the first place.

However if your state is running a crooked game and they are de selecting numbers that have been bet. And are drawing numbers that haven't been bet to turn a profit then some one should be brought to justice. You guys need to have some one dig into their daily records for the information to verify the amount of tickets being purchased for the pick 3 and 4 games. And or audit the firm that supposedly audits the lotterys main terminal RNG pc's

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: February 19, 2005, 4:55 am - IP Logged

just from what losingjeff has said and looking at indiana stats in conjunction with states of a similar size like south carolina where they have hundreds of more winners everyday not to mention the recent scandals in indiana lead me to believe that more than likely than not that the indiana lottery is not being run fairly at all,something is amiss big time............hopefully the indiana and delaware bills will pass and the momentum will propel other states that are computerized to start having thoughts on voting too..........

S.Windsor, CT
                        United States
                        Member #4580
                        May 4, 2004
                        119 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2005, 4:35 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by Todd on August 29, 2004

We're taking on computerized drawings all the way before it's too late!

This petition is going to get national attention in congress.

Please show your support by signing it right now!

Click here to sign the petition

See the news story: Lottery petition attacks computerized drawings

Todd, I'm wondering what the primary reason is for wanting

to eliminate computer drawings. RickG called attention to

the site random.org where we learn that truly random

numbers can be generated without any algorithm. Thus they

are not PRNG and nobody can break into the process and

control what numbers to generate or not.

Is it the true randomness that scares people?

Bertil

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23273 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2005, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Bertil,

From your comments, I think it's safe to assume that you did not read the text of the petition, which describes in great depth why there's a need to eliminate computerized drawings.

I suggest that you read it first, and then we can discuss whatever points you'd like.

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

to put it in simple terms,no computerized drawings because......

1-you can't see the drawing live as it happens

2-it is numbers programmed into a computer,this means its not secure,anyone with enough time could hack into it.vulnerable

3-this could also lead to the lottery in a state having its computer put out numbers each day that were not bet on which is cheating players and guarantee big money everyday for the lottery in that state,players lose in the process.

S.Windsor, CT
                              United States
                              Member #4580
                              May 4, 2004
                              119 Posts
                              Posted: March 11, 2005, 9:08 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by Todd on March 10, 2005

Bertil,

From your comments, I think it's safe to assume that you did not read the text of the petition, which describes in great depth why there's a need to eliminate computerized drawings.

I suggest that you read it first, and then we can discuss whatever points you'd like.

Tod,

It is true that ordinary RNG numbers are not truly random

because they are based on a formula. But numbers from

the type of tru RNG described at "random.org" are based

on electronic noice, nuclear decay or a lavalamp. Even the

most powerful super computer could never predict the

next number from such a process regardless of how many

previous numbers it analyzed. Thus true randomness

can be assured.

Secondly, the Congress is not empowered to intrude

into state run lotteries. It could only legislate about inter-

state business, such as powerball. Therefore I think the

petition is a futile attempt to force the state lotteries

to conduct drawings as you would prefer them do it.

Bertil 

Page 8 of 23