Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Psychic aligning energy

Topic closed. 102 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 7 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1759
June 29, 2003
1156 Posts
Posted: February 7, 2005, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

And as for VISION-DUDE if he wants to Believe that GOD acts like us HUMANS then that's his FREE WILL too do so,but I can't believe that a SUPREME BEING would act like us by wanting or demanding OBEDIENCE or ENFORCING Laws upon us that if BROKEN result in Hellfire and Damnation.I didn't know GOD needed too scare us into OBEYING HIM I thought he just wanted LOVE and UNDERSTANDING of who

he TRULY is, he created this world for us too live our lifes FREELY not with RESTRICTIONS that's what MAN does with his LAWS GOD is not our Landlord or Warden he is our CREATOR and FRIEND he doesn't want a PARENT/CHILD relationship those are HUMAN behaviours.We can discuss anything we want too with him even personal stuff like what would be the most EROTIC sexual position too experience with our significant other Married or Not after all he can SEE what goes on in our Bedroom.Rules and Laws "SQUEEZE" the Life out of living they don't preserve it or make it better that's why GOD gave us FREE WILL so our SPIRITS can be FREE hence the term "FREE SPIRITED" and so they can experience freedom inside the Body as best they can under MANS Rules and Laws.The only so called RULES GOD has is too Love others and Live Life too the Fullest without causing Harm to each other and if there are people that haven't Evolved to that level of Consciousness then they get as many chances as they need too "Do The Right Thing" which is where "RE-INCARNATION" comes in.Anyway this will be my last post on this Subject as I am not here to change anyones beliefs just share mine and if you want too believe in a GOD that PUNISHES us when we get out of Line then Go right ahead I'll continue believing in a GOD of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!!!!!!

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3352 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2005, 11:00 pm - IP Logged
    Found this discussion on a highly unlikely site.  Shows there are different views, different takes on the world each of which is as valid as the other.  Thankfully we're not in a "one size fits all" view of the world and how things come about.... which allows each of us to come up with winning lottery numbers by our chosen methods no matter what they are. 

"FAITH AND SPIRITUALITY VS. RELIGION

Have you read any of the books in Neale Donald Walsh's  Conversations with God series?  I think I read Book 1 in 1998 and soon thereafter had Walsh as a guest on the show.  Reviewer Dave Schweir pretty much summed it up when he wrote:  "Conversations With God has its finger on our culture's spiritual pulse. This book appeals to those who have been hurt in life - by family, friends, authority figures, "organized religion" and failures in career and relationships.  In short - all of us." 

I pretty much stay in constant trouble with a segment of my listenership because I just don't seem to fit their judgment of what a Christian should be.  These people are always anxious to send me rather unpleasant emails telling me in no uncertain terms that God doesn't like me, and neither do they.  Their messages usually usually end with the standard "I'm never going to listen to you again" line.

Sunday afternoon I picked up Conversations with God, Book II and started reading.  I happened upon a particular passage that fairly summed up my own feelings, and I thought I would share it with you here.  The passage opens with Neale Donald Walsh talking to God: 

Do we need to return to religion?  Is that the missing link?

Return to spirituality.  Forget about religion.

That statement is going to anger a lot of people.

People will react to this entire book with anger  . .  unless they do not.

Why do You say, forget religion?

Because it is not good for you.  Understand that in order for organized religion to succeed, it has to make people believe they need it.  In order for people to put faith in something else, they must first lose faith in themselves.  So the first task or organized religion is to make you lose faith in yourself.  The second task is to make you see that it has the answers you do not.  And the third and most important task is to make you accept its answers without question.

If you question, you start to think!  If you think, you start to go back to that Source Within.  Religion can't have you do that, because you're liable to come up with an answer different from what it has contrived.  So religion must make you doubt your Self; must make you doubt your own ability to think straight.

The problem for religion is that every so often this backfires -- for if you cannot accept without doubt your own thoughts, how can you not doubt the new ideas about God which religion has given you?

Pretty soon you even doubt My existence -- which, ironically, you never doubted before.  When you were living by your intuitive knowing, you may not have had Me all figured out, but you definitely knew I was there! 

It is religion which has created agnostics.

Any clear thinker who looks at what religion has done must assume that religion has no God!  For it is religion which has filled the hearts of men with fear of God, where once man loved That Which is in all its splendor.

It is religion which has ordered men to bow down before God, where once man rose up in joyful outreach.

It is religion which has burdened man with worries about God's wrath, where once man sought God to lighten his burden. 

It is religion which told man to be ashamed of his body and its most natural functions, where once man celebrated those functions as the greatest gift of life!

It is religion which taught you that you must have an intermediary in order to reach God, where once you thought yourself t be reaching God by the simple living of your life in goodness and in truth.

And it is religion which commanded humans to adore God, where once humans adored God because it was impossible not to.

Everywhere religion has gone it has created disunity -- which is the opposite of God. 

There is so much more, but I'm not going to copy Walsh's entire book here.  Read this particular dialogue for yourself.  You'll find it starting on page 247.  Those of you who are deeply troubled, even outraged by what Walsh has written .... these books could do you some good."

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Good luck to everyone!

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
      light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: February 8, 2005, 12:04 am - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by BIRD on February 7, 2005

Quote: Originally posted by BIRD on February 6, 2005

vision your random selection hits ohio

bird, 

this was my point exactly.  now that i hit the first day on a completely random number,  out of curiousity,  what do YOU make of my "hit"?

vision

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2005, 12:18 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by kbcherokee on February 7, 2005

VISION:

Is "screen door" the same as a "flap" on a Tipi? If it is, good idea. Keep "Bugs" out.

What is "Submarine"?

Chief

chief,

what i was referring to was an old joke about a screen door in a submarine being ineffective at stemming the flow of water into the sub as it submerged.  but despite it's obvious ineffectiveness,  the one who installed it somehow believed that he did "enough" to fix the problem.  someone with common sense would never have allowed the "hole" to be there in the first place, or patched it altogether.

20/20

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2005, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by LuckyFoxTerrier on February 7, 2005

I'm not trying to change your beliefs, or anyone else's here on this website, I was just sharing some things I thought some of you might find interesting.....however, I do get defensive when other people, such as yourself, keep winging your beliefs in my direction and insisting you are right!  And constantly insinuating or outright insisting I am wrong! 

neither am i.  i am sharing information just like you are so you can relax now.  you have people who like what you share and so do i.  that makes both of us equal in here.  you are only getting defensive because of what i have to say. i am not defensive toward you so whats the problem?  me and pick4 don't see eye to eye and we are doing just fine.  i have strong opinions about what i believe, but show me where i insisted that i am right.  i have purposefully laid it out as an opinion so that i do not violate the rules in here.  so please continue.. 

If you don't like what Seth has to say, that's fine!  I"m not out to try and win anyone over to Seth

why target me only?  obviously i am not the only one in here with a differing opinion about "seth".  it's not ok for me to post opposing info about seth,  but of course it is ok for you to post opposing info about religion/christ?  i don't get that logic.  we just have different opinions. 

.... first of all I DON'T CARE!  Secondly, wouldn't that be the equivalent of what all you stupid christians do in trying to bowl everyone over to believing, and thinking and breathing all the same exact things you believe, whether you're right or not!?  There's never any room for DISCUSSION of opinions and views with people like you, VisionDude!

sure there is.  i showed you the proper respect in three ways.  i have stated in here on several occasions that it is my "opinion"  ...... that i was "aiming" toward christians and not you  ....and if you read thru my posts i left it open to a "what if" scenario based on common sense and not christianity on several occasions.  why would you possibly have a problem with that?

And with regards to Seth, I have a problem with you pretending you know more than you do about a subject that I have studied in depth and detail for years now. 

if i am "pretending",  then it wouldn't take much for me to lose credibility in here.  something i value very much. i know more than you are giving me credit for,  and if you are up to it, i am more than willing to prove to you that i do, so that i can assuage your fears about that.

I had thought posting about aligning energy with the lottery numbers in an intuitive fashion, perhaps we could all benefit and learn from one another on a "mystical forum".  Yet, what I find here is not "mystical" at all ...... it's just more mainstream religious dogma that makes me want to puke, quite honestly!

don't give up, it's your thread.  you still can.  but if you read the mystical forum guidelines,  we are still on track.  my "spiritual" opinions reflect those of others in here,  which fall within forum guidelines....as well as do yours.  we both are equal in here.

having said all that,  what is your opinion on my 645 boxed hit in ohio on the very first day?

20/20

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: February 8, 2005, 5:09 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on February 7, 2005

And as for VISION-DUDE if he wants to Believe that GOD acts like us HUMANS then that's his FREE WILL too do so,but I can't believe that a SUPREME BEING would act like us by wanting or demanding OBEDIENCE

i am only going by what the bible teaches (as a christian),  is that God became "flesh" ( a man) in Jesus.  Jesus was crucified for one reason only,  because he claimed to be God.  that was his "crime".  God literally became a man (if you believe the bibles account) so that we as his creation could never accuse God of not being able to relate to us, or to never be able to understand what we are going thru.  he does because he was "one of us".  it was prophesied hundreds of years prior to Christ ever be born, that God himself would become a man.

are you willing to say that from birth,  your son did whatever he wanted without retribution from you if he disobeyed what you told him to do knowing as a father "you knew better"?  from birth you just let him run "free"?  you and i know the answer to that one.  same way with God.  are you willing to send me a dollar for everytime the bible references that we are Gods children and he is our father?  in that equation alone there is both deserved obedience to our creator, and right justice for "purposeful"  disobedience.  nothing unlike your relationship with your son.  just look at what children are like whose parents allow them to run as you say ...."free".  they are on jerry springer everyday.

We can discuss anything we want too with him even personal stuff .

he see's everything so nothing is too personal.  you are right.

Rules and Laws "SQUEEZE" the Life out of living they don't preserve it or make it better 

depends on who is making them up.  Gods laws "steer" us in the right direction and that leads to life.  again,  who knows better than him what is good and worth pursuing,  and what is off limits.  again, i envoke the same thing with your son.  from birth you invoked rules that "preserved life" towards your son, and hopefully steered him away from things that he didn't understand,  but you did.  some people just don't like the "rules" and so they make up thier own.  i would like to appeal to your common sense and ask you, who knows better, God or us?  and if he does and we are his creation,  what makes anyone think that we can make up our own rules/laws?  the trick then would be,  who is God and just what does he ask of us (his "rules"),  and then we adjust. 

people that haven't Evolved to that level of Consciousness then they get as many chances as they need too "Do The Right Thing" which is where "RE-INCARNATION" comes in.

we should discuss this one.  there would be alot of people in here that would be interested in that discussion.  anyone game?

I am not here to change anyones beliefs just share mine

neither am i,  although people accuse me of such.  i am not so big headed as to think that i can change a mans/womans heart.  thats Gods job alone.  but i love it when a discussion  leads somewhere. 

same thing with me,  i share my opinions and let people decide what they want.  the ONLY time i get "bugged" is when people say whatever they want to but when i do, they get mad and start to cry foul.  people need to learn how to wrestle "fair"  so that all of us will benefit in the end.  you can't if you quit short of the goal just because you don't like what is being said.  no one has ever witnessed me quitting.  i am always faithful to the long haul.

VISION peoplewithvisionwillalwaysstaythecoursenomatterwhat

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23357 Posts
              Posted: February 8, 2005, 9:25 am - IP Logged

I think at this point everyone has presented their viewpoint and everyone has presented a counter-point.

Let's all agree that from this point forward, that we'll all resepct the fact that different people have different beliefs, and that the only time it's totally A-OK to debate someone's personal beliefs is when the topic is clearly open to argument and debate.

I created the Mystical forum so that people who want to share and explore ideas that deal with the supernatural can do so in a place that is friendly to that concept.  I'd like to keep it that way.

I am not choosing sides, and I consider all of you my friends.

We need to live by some ground rules here so that this very diverse community of people can co-exist peacefully.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2005, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Okay VISION-DUDE I wasn't going to continue this discussion but I have to respond to your statement

about letting my son run wild from birth you know that's not what I'm saying I'm making a COMPARISON here on the Parent/Child relationship we SUPPOSEDLY have with GOD.In MAN's world we DISCIPLINE,PUNISH and demand OBEDIENCE from our children that's very well known but my point was why would GOD a SUPREME BEING require the same from us? why would he ACT like a HUMAN BEING when he's a SUPREME BEING?My Parent/Child relationship with my SON is because I helped in giving BIRTH to him I provided the seed his mother had the egg etc.... but GOD didn't give BIRTH to us he CREATED us so there's an obvious DIFFERENCE isn't there? If I created a BOY in a Laboratory it would be my CREATION if I assisted in his Birth physically then he is my SON.By Religion giving the CONCEPT of a Parent/Child relationship with GOD and MAN it legitimizes the acts of PUNISHMENT and RETRIBUTION for our so-called DISOBEDIENCE and BAD behavour when actually we are punished for any of these actions by MAN himself not by GOD.If I commit a crime I'm punished by man's LAWS ,GOD has Natural Laws set in place to take care of things that we do that hurt others emotionally while Man's laws take care of the Physical hurt we do to others.If I Rob a Bank I go too jail if I commit Murder I can be sentenced to Life in Prison or Death so why does GOD need to punish me in the afterlife why do I need to be punished twice? if I cheat on my Wife she'll divorce me and take me for everything I have and if I re-marry later on my New wife might cheat on me like I did to my X.So for my INFIDELITY GOD's Natural Laws came into effect these Laws are called "CONSEQUENCES" which are the result of negative acts upon others not PUNISHMENTS from GOD.Why would GOD punish me for being a Serial Killer when he Knew I would be one MILLIONS of years before I was born? why wait to punish me after I'm dead why not PUNISH me immediately? and for that matter why even let me come into this world if I'm going to commit such crimes? it sounds pretty CRUEL to let me commit these crimes for years until I'm finally caught sentenced to DEATH (my punishment) and then have GOD tell me he has some PUNISHMENT in store for me as well? Anyway VISION-DUDE it's been a PLEASURE discussing our DIFFERENCES but I must END this as I have nothing more too add,as long as your HAPPY and I'm HAPPY with our DIFFERENT relationships with our CREATOR that's all that matters besides one day we'll see each other on the other side and finally SEE the TRUTH for what it REALLY is "Spiritually" not "Religously".

United States
                  Member #1759
                  June 29, 2003
                  1156 Posts
                  Posted: February 8, 2005, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

"Oh" I forgot something, you said "What makes anyone think that we can make up our own rules/laws"

well that's easy MAN does and has been for centuries.We have laws in this country that don't exist in others,you must be 21 to drink in America but it use to be 18 you can't drink in Public but over in England it's allowed at one time you could smoke anywhere now you can't Prostitution is against the Law but not in Las Vegas or outside of Reno.21 yrs olds still act irresponsible as the 18 yr olds do

in fact people over 30 and 40 act irresponsible when it comes to alcohol just watch "COPS" in the past you could get married at 16 now you have to be 18 at one time Marijuana was LEGAL now it's ILLEGAL,In the beginning Alcohol was "Legal" then it was "Illegal" now it's "Legal" and now that I think about it "Prostitution" use to be Legal in America but then it was reserved to a certain State while everywhere else it's "Illegal" it use to be Illegal to Marry outside your Race now it's not.And right now it's not "Legal" to marry the "Same Sex" and that Law is trying to be changed.So you see MAN is making Rules/Laws as he see's FIT!!!!!!!!! The LAWS that exist in todays Society are BROKEN everyday whether they are MAN's LAWS or your believed LAWS by GOD,Adultry,Murder,Lies,Stealing,Lust,Greed these are commited by man on an almost daily basis maybe not by ALL of US but enough that if GOD were too PUNISH us for them TODAY there wouldn't be very many of us left.

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: February 8, 2005, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Peace Be With You "VISION-DUDE"

$cnote's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg

United States
                      Member #4283
                      April 8, 2004
                      65 Posts
                      Posted: February 8, 2005, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

To/For Vision...

Please hear me well everyone... I am speaking to "Vision". If you respond to this, understand, it isn't personal, but I may not reply.

My brother...because you are.   God has used you in a wonderful way! I have been blessed by what you have "shared".  I am a Christian...a follower of Christ...not man...I am not "religious" nor do I have "religion". Religion denotes tradition "to me".  He paid it ALL in "FULL" and He is the PERFECT ONE! I read most of what you wrote, had to stop to hit you up before I read the rest. I really enjoyed your humor as well. Truth stands! Period! You did not get upset...if you did, it wasn't obvious.   You did not resort to naming calling, which is truly a blessing, because speaking from experience, I've allowed my flesh to rule. You feelin' me?   The devil will bow down everytime, because truth stands.

I want you to know that this Christian heard you and was blessed by what you shared. At one point, I wanted to drop line and recall to "a brothers' " (that being you ) attention what Jesus did when he knocked the dirt from His sandals and kept on walking...glad I didn't... I wasn't suppose to.

The part that you shared about going thru a rough spot and riding it out to the end is why I decided to drop line. I needed to hear that one.   Also, about reading/studying/understanding what you don't agree with, so that you will be able to "discuss/debate" different arenas. Keep standing.

BIRD's avatar - hiro bird.jpg
                        clarkston georgia
                        United States
                        Member #555
                        August 8, 2002
                        3348 Posts
                        Posted: February 8, 2005, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

well said

spooky soozy 888

birdshouse.ning.com

join us at birdshouse

bird 4=7

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23357 Posts
                          Posted: February 8, 2005, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

I was hoping my gentle message earlier would bring this discussion to a close, using a detached third party to make sure noby felt they were "getting the last word."  I probably should have just locked it at that point, but I am an optimist.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!