Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Terri Shiavo dies-age 41

Topic closed. 96 replies. Last post 12 years ago by emilyg.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Texasman's avatar - rocket
Glergenflergen, Texas
United States
Member #7809
October 13, 2004
962 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2005, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion, Michael Schiavo and his attorney George Felos, are more miserable than Terri ever was before her care was stopped, but they get to continue to eat and drink and drag everyone down with their pathetic and insufferable ramblings.

At least, Terri, just by living in a caring environment, buoyed the spirits of countless people throughout the world. Hope lived when Terri lived. 

Florida's judges once again helped Florida remain the leader of ignorance and heartlessness in supposedly a compassionate nation of Americans! 

The new state motto should be: "Florida, where the sun don't shine no mo'. "

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23277 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2005, 8:45 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by Thomas Covenant on March 31, 2005

Yes, Michael wanted it removed, he filed the petition. If after the court ruled, Michael changed his mind, he would have had to fight it in court just like Terri's parents. The court ruled that it was Terri's decision, not Michael"s.

FALSE.  Terri was not able to make her decision, so the court ruled that Michael could act FOR her and decide FOR her.  If he changed his mind, it would be a simple matter for him to get it put back in.  He could also change his mind and transfer care to her parents.  Up until the last minute.

Thomas, I'm afraid you just don't know the facts of this case.  Judging from your viewpoint, you are probably not as informed as those of us who took a passionate interest in it.

I hope you will stop spouting false statements and confusing people who care about this issue.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
      Member #4416
      April 22, 2004
      1075 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2005, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

I have my own views about this case, but I'm really not interested in arguing about it one way or the other. For those who would like to know the facts, here's a useful link with plenty of information about most every aspect of the case. It includes an abundance of reference sources. A simple internet search will also yield lots of other reliable sources of information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Schiavo#Issues_of_dispute

Live in peace,

aye'

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31369 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2005, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

www.abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31369 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2005, 9:49 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by Todd on March 31, 2005

Yes, Michael wanted it removed, he filed the petition. If after the court ruled, Michael changed his mind, he would have had to fight it in court just like Terri's parents. The court ruled that it was Terri's decision, not Michael"s.

FALSE.  Terri was not able to make her decision, so the court ruled that Michael could act FOR her and decide FOR her.  If he changed his mind, it would be a simple matter for him to get it put back in.  He could also change his mind and transfer care to her parents.  Up until the last minute.

Thomas, I'm afraid you just don't know the facts of this case.  Judging from your viewpoint, you are probably not as informed as those of us who took a passionate interest in it.

I hope you will stop spouting false statements and confusing people who care about this issue.

not so - read above link

Thomas Covenant's avatar - money
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #491
            July 16, 2002
            837 Posts
            Posted: March 31, 2005, 9:55 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Todd on March 31, 2005

FALSE. Terri was not able to make her decision, so the court ruled that Michael could act FOR her and decide FOR her. If he changed his mind, it would be a simple matter for him to get it put back in. He could also change his mind and transfer care to her parents. Up until the last minute.

Thomas, I'm afraid you just don't know the facts of this case. Judging from your viewpoint, you are probably not as informed as those of us who took a passionate interest in it.

Sorry Todd, it's not false. A good website to visit is http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html.

Yes, I do know the facts of the case, and I do know, (to a point) how courts work.

Okay, now I believe you can predict lottery numbers

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
              light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2005, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

"IF"  terry and michael had that conversation that michael claims they did,  then i could see why he would go to the lengths that he did to honor his wifes requests.  i would do the same no matter the opposition.

to me, keeping my word to someone is what will set me apart from others in this life.  but then again, my "word" is always based around what i believe is Gods purpose/plan.  i would never had agreed with my wife to pull the plug on a sustainable life.  the dividing line is  "is" there life?,  not is there "quality" of life?  you cross that line and then you are playing God.  there have been certain things about my life that have been unpleasant, and that i would rather had not gone thru but i do realize that it is God that chooses and defines my "quality" of life and not me  and because i know that,  i have peace. . 

i would not want to see anyone (especially a loved one)  suffer.  but i will always choose to allow God to be God and for him to choose the how and when of anybody, including me.  she was still living and they killed her plain and simple.  the only time that i would have tried to pull the plug on my wife, was when she became brain dead.  if she wasn't,  then i would had honored my word  to God and my wife by staying married to her and living up to that committment no matter how ugly that road became.  but then again i know the "whys" of these kinds of scenarios in life and that knowledge would sustain me thru to the conclusion as finally dictated by God.

there are  several factors that i use to weigh in on this difficult issue.

my opinion is that they DID not have that conversation,  or if they did, it wasn't as michael "sold it" to the parents and the court(s).  i obviously was not there when michael/terry alledgely had the "conversation",  but i do find that there are ways to find out over time,  who people are and what their true motives are by weighing thier words/actions.  .......and this has smelled badly for a long time.  there are far too many things that michael has either said or done that indicates anything other than he is trying to cover up something he did ....by getting rid of her. 

to me it is far more of an issue of alledgedly honoring her request ( a request that supposedly only he knew of,  despite their volatile relationship), then making sure she "goes away".  as blunt as that sounds, i believe that he has always acted in his best interest,  than hers.  if he did something sinister,  it would totally account for his choices concerning her.  i hope that the autopsy that he probably wasn't counting on (in favor of cremation), finally brings to the surface the "why" of michael shiavo.

i believe that he most likely did something to her, but at minimum i believe that he desperately wanted to get rid of her and it doesn't matter whether it was for financial/personal reasons.  if she recovers,  she implicates him.

still,  it was a collective effort to kill her by michael and our lame justice system.  she was brain damaged, not brain dead and therein lies the difference.  she was still a living breathing human being .....despite her condition. 

i live near a veterinary clinic and i will now avoid going near there so that they don't decide to euthanize me just because i move a little slower than i used to.

20/20 PEOPLEWITHVISIONNEVEROPTFORTHEEASYWAYOUT

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23277 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2005, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Sorry, the only site that really matters to me is http://terrisfight.org/, not some blogger's page.  Any person following the details of this case knows that Michael could easily reverse the decision through the courts. 

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2005, 12:15 am - IP Logged

I think that judges that put their pathetic politics in front of a human life are just as culpable as the husband. It's clear to anyone who looked at the case with open eyes that the husband had some serious ulterior motives. We have a judiciary in this country that has contempt for the american people, the constitution, and for our elected representatives.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                    Yinzer Country, PA
                    United States
                    Member #4067
                    March 18, 2004
                    2741 Posts
                    Posted: April 1, 2005, 1:10 am - IP Logged

here's the way i see this issue.

1. Michael Schiavo started a family with another woman.

2. Euthinasia is always wrong.

3. There was another reason why Michael Schiavo wanted her to die.

4. The guy who ordered the hit on Michael Schiavo should not have gotten arrested. He should have been allowed to carry on with his wish.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

narlie's avatar - animated sphere.gif
                      Toledo Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #632
                      August 27, 2002
                      112 Posts
                      Posted: April 1, 2005, 3:27 am - IP Logged

Lets not let Terry die in vain, her family has so much pain and anger and hate , we will never know the whole truth, the one thing we could do is, what did Terry go through to teach us? yes what a sad day, for all who have been watching and praying, but I guess what I wish for is that we dont hold the anger we find the joy for Terry remember her beautiful pictures her face her eyes she would not want all the anger , and in  a few hours we will hear the pope has gone to heaven too, the way I  see it Terry was chathloic and looks like to me the pope who she would understand more then me he waited for her ...wow...... think about it, she wouldnt want the mad the anger she would have wanted to teach and she has if we not be caught up in what we will never ever know the truth about... take care all and truly lets all have a living will so she would not have dies in vain.....

lisa

Justin's avatar - hatchap
                        Stevens Point
                        United States
                        Member #6457
                        August 24, 2004
                        3030 Posts
                        Posted: April 1, 2005, 5:11 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by DoctorEw220 on April 1, 2005

here's the way i see this issue.

1. Michael Schiavo started a family with another woman.

so typical america. what a you know what....

2. Euthinasia is always wrong.

3. There was another reason why Michael Schiavo wanted her to die.

money money money....

4. The guy who ordered the hit on Michael Schiavo should not have gotten arrested. He should have been allowed to carry on with his wish.

hahaha, only if it was on his living will.

what gives people the right to end someone elses life?

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

United States
                          Member #1759
                          June 29, 2003
                          1156 Posts
                          Posted: April 1, 2005, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

I seriously don't see him as a murderer a murderer to me would be someone that killed a person with a gun,knife,bare hands,poison etc.... and there was malicious intent and there was proof of such actions,believe me if he really had intent to kill her I'm quite sure they would have looked at it that way but they didn't so to them it was just a matter of a "right to die" case.When you get right down to it this was between him and his wife and since we weren't there we will never really know if the conversation took place or not.The fight was between him and her parents and then everyone else got involved if you want too see a murderer just look at "Scott Peterson" he MURDERED his wife and unborn child.There's a BIG difference between Scott and Micheal as far as killing someones wife is concerned and as for the Religious side of this it's between GOD and MICHEAL.I understand everyone being upset but I just don't see where MURDERER could be used to describe him plus there have been cases where a CHILD was in the hands of ABUSIVE parents or caretakers and nothing was done in time and the child died.More was done for Teri Schiavo than for children that were being ABUSED and were KILLED by there own Parents.

United States
                            Member #14
                            November 9, 2001
                            31369 Posts
                            Posted: April 1, 2005, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

yes it was a private matter and should have stayed private.

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23277 Posts
                              Posted: April 1, 2005, 1:11 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on April 1, 2005

I seriously don't see him as a murderer a murderer to me would be someone that killed a person with a gun,knife,bare hands,poison etc.... and there was malicious intent and there was proof of such actions,believe me if he really had intent to kill her I'm quite sure they would have looked at it that way but they didn't so to them it was just a matter of a "right to die" case.When you get right down to it this was between him and his wife and since we weren't there we will never really know if the conversation took place or not.The fight was between him and her parents and then everyone else got involved if you want too see a murderer just look at "Scott Peterson" he MURDERED his wife and unborn child.There's a BIG difference between Scott and Micheal as far as killing someones wife is concerned and as for the Religious side of this it's between GOD and MICHEAL.I understand everyone being upset but I just don't see where MURDERER could be used to describe him plus there have been cases where a CHILD was in the hands of ABUSIVE parents or caretakers and nothing was done in time and the child died.More was done for Teri Schiavo than for children that were being ABUSED and were KILLED by there own Parents.

Sorry, I don't see any difference between Scott Peterson and Micahel Schiavo.  They both killed their wife to be with another woman.  Yet one of them is praised by the extreme left and the judiciary branch in a big, sad step forward in our culture of death.