Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

favorite lottery post member

Topic closed. 192 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LotteyPostJunky.

Page 8 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

what member is your favorite poster?

todd [ 8 ]  [5.76%]
cash only [ 3 ]  [2.16%]
tntea [ 15 ]  [10.79%]
emily g [ 10 ]  [7.19%]
lucky [ 31 ]  [22.30%]
chewie [ 2 ]  [1.44%]
maddog [ 3 ]  [2.16%]
califdude [ 7 ]  [5.04%]
lottomike [ 5 ]  [3.60%]
other [ 55 ]  [39.57%]
Total Valid Votes [ 139 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 61 ]  
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2005, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Too bad some lottery pool members think the same thing, but then all the sudden it all becomes about 'individual needs' after a big win. Thus all the deception and lies begin to occur.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4053 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2005, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Too bad some lottery pool members think the same thing, but then all the sudden it all becomes about 'individual needs' after a big win. Thus all the deception and lies begin to occur.

ConfusedAnd even if that "indvidual" looks passed himself, it still is a chosen few in a clique of favorites. 

takeemtothebank

PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2005, 12:50 am - IP Logged

Seems most are content losing as a group, but few enjoy winning as a group. I guess the individual also forgot how much money the others have invested in order to increase the group's chances. Millions have a strange way of blinding the truth.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2005, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Seems most are content losing as a group, but few enjoy winning as a group. I guess the individual also forgot how much money the others have invested in order to increase the group's chances. Millions have a strange way of blinding the truth.

yep,never forget when you go in as a group you are in it for the good and the bad,win or lose it should be equal between all......

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

yep,never forget when you go in as a group you are in it for the good and the bad,win or lose it should be equal between all......

Heck lottomike.  It's all a matter of how you define the word, "group".

We're a group here, all playing the lotteries.  Mostly losing as a group, if the predictions page stats are any indication.

However, to the extent they're able within the limits of actual or imagined skills, lots of LP members are 'helping' and probably imagine themselves increasing the group's chances by making predictions, offering up training in whatever they see as the way things work.

If someone figures this out one of these days he/she won't have done it in a vacuum.  It will be a result of having profited by a good piece of advice here, another there, and transcinded thousands of lousy pieces of advice on LP.

When someone from LP wins using some method other than a QP it will probably be an event that wouldn't have happened without the knowledge acquired using LP tools and gleaning whatever can be gleaned from the threads.  The good, the bad and the ugly.

I'd say there's probably a one-in-ten-thousand chance the person who wins under those conditions will remember and acknowledge LP contributions in some way.  Maybe throw some money at the site.  Maybe remember some of the members who helped, if any.

The only 'group' where anything's actually owed to be blinded to by the truth, as brad suggests, and where it is equal between all, as you suggest, is one where all the contributions are equal.  That's rarely true anywhere.

I'm figuring an LP person winning a jackpot just ought to go down the list of contributors in the form of predictors.  Pay off all of them the amount of wins over the amounts they've wagered on the predictions page.  That would cost him a hundred or two, at the moment, but he'd be fairly safe.

Then he could lay, say ten grand on Todd for providing this source of tools and amusement, which would be right and just.

Then he could just go off and hide in his anonymity.

We're a good group here, and we try to help one another a lot.  Trouble is we don't know enough about what we're helping with to be able to pull it off.  We're good folks, though daft.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

very good way of looking at it jack.it will be interesting to see what will happen once someone from LP does win a major jackpot.i wonder if that person will remember his or her fellow lottery players here at LP.

tweetietoo's avatar - lady narrisa.png
              Georgia
              United States
              Member #18517
              July 13, 2005
              1256 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

very good way of looking at it jack.it will be interesting to see what will happen once someone from LP does win a major jackpot.i wonder if that person will remember his or her fellow lottery players here at LP.

I Agree!

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
                Member #26882
                November 23, 2005
                1404 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Well as I have mentioned in another post. A big Pot lottery winner said on TV, People do not remember you for what car you drive, what shoes you wear, or what shirt and pants you had on, on any given day. “But People WILL Remember you for how you have Helped Them!

And in that case, I personally feel blessed when I can help someone win! I am already Blessed and have had Miracles in my life!

I also feel that most members here would come back and say thanks with a nice gift if they should win and they feel you have helped them. I give everyone the benefit of a doubt. Statistics show that the majority of the human population are in fact NICE PEOPLE and do show love and compassion to others.
                  New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2005, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

"Statistics show that the majority of the human population are in fact NICE PEOPLE and do show love and compassion to others."

Clair:

If statistics show it certainly it must be true, though we hide it well.  The trail of blood and bodies we've left in our wake are probably a crafty means of disguising what NICE PEOPLE we are.

Reminds me of the scene in the musical, Oklahoma.  The scene of the funeral of the reprobate, bad guy, Judd Frye.  Guy singing the song solemnly states old Judd loved dogs and little children.  But he NEVER showed it.

J

Egos don't count.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31355 Posts
                    Posted: December 16, 2005, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Well as I have mentioned in another post. A big Pot lottery winner said on TV, People do not remember you for what car you drive, what shoes you wear, or what shirt and pants you had on, on any given day. “But People WILL Remember you for how you have Helped Them!

And in that case, I personally feel blessed when I can help someone win! I am already Blessed and have had Miracles in my life!

I also feel that most members here would come back and say thanks with a nice gift if they should win and they feel you have helped them. I give everyone the benefit of a doubt. Statistics show that the majority of the human population are in fact NICE PEOPLE and do show love and compassion to others.

Thumbs Up      Smiley Santa

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
                      Member #26882
                      November 23, 2005
                      1404 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2005, 10:46 am - IP Logged

"Statistics show that the majority of the human population are in fact NICE PEOPLE and do show love and compassion to others."

Clair:

If statistics show it certainly it must be true, though we hide it well.  The trail of blood and bodies we've left in our wake are probably a crafty means of disguising what NICE PEOPLE we are.

Reminds me of the scene in the musical, Oklahoma.  The scene of the funeral of the reprobate, bad guy, Judd Frye.  Guy singing the song solemnly states old Judd loved dogs and little children.  But he NEVER showed it.

J

Hi Rip,

And funny you should say this as I was going to mention in my post quite the same but did not want to get too lengthy!

We are born innocent and with the human nature to be kind and loving, it’s our environment and experiences here on earth that make us who we are! But you do have a choice to change, however, change is hard for many with a hardened heart!

Again it does all come down to this: You can Choose To Be Miserable and or let others make you miserable or……….. You can Choose To Be who you really are NOT who someone else wants You to be or what he or she are Trying to put into your head that you are!!! I chose to be Kind and Loving despite who is around me! It’s all about choices and attitude.

Same goes with Lottery, it’s all about making choices! I have seen people win good money because they Willed it to their self!! You are who You say You Are, And You can Do What You say You can do!

Blessings
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2005, 10:55 am - IP Logged

Actually the majority of the information I have managed to scrape up has come from other websites, and books. I knew of them long before LP, as I am still pretty new here. Personally I do not believe those who make predictions actually throw up the numbers that they feel will actually win. Maybe some do, but I doubt everyone. To do so would be foolish. Because if they came up, and you had actually played them, you would be splitting the jackpot with many others who followed your advice.

Your own predictions would make you still broke. Now the pick 3's and 4's are a different story. No one cares if you win them, as you are not taking anything out of their pocket.

United States
                          Member #26882
                          November 23, 2005
                          1404 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Actually the majority of the information I have managed to scrape up has come from other websites, and books. I knew of them long before LP, as I am still pretty new here. Personally I do not believe those who make predictions actually throw up the numbers that they feel will actually win. Maybe some do, but I doubt everyone. To do so would be foolish. Because if they came up, and you had actually played them, you would be splitting the jackpot with many others who followed your advice.

Your own predictions would make you still broke. Now the pick 3's and 4's are a different story. No one cares if you win them, as you are not taking anything out of their pocket.

So Then You SHARE! You are still Getting a Whole Lot of Something you did not have Before those Numbers Went Off! Is it not Better to have something rather than Nothing?

konane's avatar - wallace
                            Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #1265
                            March 13, 2003
                            3333 Posts
                            Posted: December 17, 2005, 11:38 am - IP Logged

So Then You SHARE! You are still Getting a Whole Lot of Something you did not have Before those Numbers Went Off! Is it not Better to have something rather than Nothing?

I post what I actually believe are the winning numbers, or at least very close and don't play any games, figuring that if someone is supposed to see them and put something good together then they will. 

Also believe that if my numbers contain an exact jackpot combination (Maddog's Mega Millions or Powerball prediction threads) then if no one takes note of them then that's the way it is. 

However, last night hope no one noticed my predictions Dead because I don't believe there was a single number correct!!! Confused

Good luck to everyone!

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: December 17, 2005, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Brad:

Most of us here do a lot of predicting and many of us do our predicting mostly for games we don't actually play.  My guess is we all give it our best shot and that we're not particularly good at it.  I usually don't post predictions for games I plan to play unless I'm just trying something new.  I've seen Caldude post similar sentiments about the jackpot games.

I think you'd be giving us too much credit to suggest anyone's deliberately predicting wrong numbers so's they won't have to share the jackpots.  We're just wrong more than we're right, same as you are, most likely.

Jack

Egos don't count.

Page 8 of 13