Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

favorite lottery post member

Topic closed. 192 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LotteyPostJunky.

Page 4 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

what member is your favorite poster?

todd [ 8 ]  [5.76%]
cash only [ 3 ]  [2.16%]
tntea [ 15 ]  [10.79%]
emily g [ 10 ]  [7.19%]
lucky [ 31 ]  [22.30%]
chewie [ 2 ]  [1.44%]
maddog [ 3 ]  [2.16%]
califdude [ 7 ]  [5.04%]
lottomike [ 5 ]  [3.60%]
other [ 55 ]  [39.57%]
Total Valid Votes [ 139 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 61 ]  
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8360 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2005, 11:03 pm - IP Logged
To me lottery post isn't about a popularity contest. Although I know some people might find it so. I came to lottery post searching for ways to win money playing the lottery. To learn if I could new methods of picking numbers and to share information I found along the way or developed thru my own trials and errors.

I'd like to say I even made some friends during my time here we even chatted on the phone because it was so difficult relaying information back and forth thru PM's and emails.

I have been involved in some really strange posts that sorta reminded me of Peyton Place. Even with the vast membership amount there is without a doubt some cliques I've noticed that undoubtedly many others have to. Here lately people seem to be disturbed about something and almost every post that goes off the beaten track about lottery or any other subject gets hammered by lots of folks. Like there's no respect for what anyone says or their feelings about something no matter how strong or weak their point might be.

It's come to a point for me having had problems posting my thoughts in other posts. That now I have to dwell on what I'm going to say like as if I am talking to a child and out of fear I might hurt someone's feelings ... so I must word ever sentence so as to be thoughtful of everyone.

This really bothers me because I am and have been a straight shooter kind of guy saying exactly what I mean and right on point.

And here in lays the point that this community is diverse beyond most peoples boundaries we are from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds like a small city as one has previously said and whose ages range from-18 to 80 plus. It's just not possible for everyone to post so that everyone is going to like what's been said.

Just as with this post some might understand it, others might be reading between the lines still others might take what i said out of context dreaming up somthing i didn't even say. I gave up a long time ago trying to please everybody.

Somebody wrote a long time ago; you can please some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: December 12, 2005, 4:48 am - IP Logged

You would have to expect such negative reactions when you create a poll of all "your" favorite members and expect others to vote out of all your favorites. That is ridiculous, but not more ridiculous than including your own name in your poll, then voting for yourself right afterwards. To me this screams "attention seeker" and "insecurity," as well as an attempt at "validating ones own worth" through the votes of others. Then when they do not receive the attention they thought they would, they get all angry and want to leave.

Can anyone say 3rd grade level mentality? I actually saw this thread heading in this direction as soon as it was started. As I was the first one to say originally, the poll should not have been made, as it exemplifies full bias based on the author's personal decisions, not everyone else's. Everyone here who contributes is just as equal as everyone else. Which is why I am also not surprised to see the majority being discarded, and other votes.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: December 12, 2005, 6:18 am - IP Logged

I am very honored even to get 4 votes, but please do vote for someone whose posts you all like the best.

Although these types of polls end up like popularity contests, there nothing wrong with it, LottoMike.  I think it's great that you're always thinking about different angles on things.

Personally, I was thinking about voting for Chewie, since he makes me laugh more than anyone, but then looking at every other person on the list, I love 'em all!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: December 12, 2005, 6:19 am - IP Logged

i had a long time to think about all of this......maybe this poll was kind of silly or maybe it wasn't.lets move on.thanks emily g,pacattack,rip snorter,rick g and others for the kind comments.i'll ask todd to lock this thread............

happy holidays!!!!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2005, 6:28 am - IP Logged

I am very honored even to get 4 votes, but please do vote for someone whose posts you all like the best.

Although these types of polls end up like popularity contests, there nothing wrong with it, LottoMike.  I think it's great that you're always thinking about different angles on things.

Personally, I was thinking about voting for Chewie, since he makes me laugh more than anyone, but then looking at every other person on the list, I love 'em all!

thanks.....i like em all too.hope everyone has a good holiday season!

Columbia City, Indiana
            United States
            Member #2978
            December 9, 2003
            381 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2005, 8:01 am - IP Logged

Having thought about it for a few days, I've decided I can't choose a favorite, as I dislike you all equally. It seems as though all you people have to do is sit in your living rooms or home offices and give people advice on how to win money, or to encourage them to keep trying, or try to help them with a particular problem they're facing.

These unselfish attitudes have no place on a forum like this one, because if it's allowed to continue, the result will be an online community where everybody helps everybody else to achieve a common goal.

Personally, I won't stand for it.

What we need here are more personal attacks, fewer interesting polls that generate threads like this one and more infighting among those members who have helped to make this site what it is today. Members such as LOTTOMIKE, Chewie, four4me, hypersoniq, rip snorter, johnph77, emilyg, cash only, Todd and so many others need to stop sharing their advice and experience with newer members. This way, we can achieve the exclusivity required to make this site just like all the other lottery forums on the internet. We can make it so that only a select few have a voice here, and we'll be able to dictate and censure content on anything that's posted.

We could form a commission, made up of those members who are simply better than the others. Todd, of course, would be allowed to stay on; we'll need someone to maintain the site, but if he wants to post a comment, he'd have to submit it to the commission for approval, just like the lower-tier members would. This allows for total control over content, and ensures that no one who matters would be offended.

While I realize I'm the logical choice to head up this body, I must respectfully recuse myself from nomination. As I said, I don't like any of you, but don't take it personally. For the past couple of years I've had to endure your thought-provoking comments, your ideas, your support for LosingJeff and I in our fight against the Hoosier Lottery and inumerable other injustices. I just can't see myself hanging out with you guys; you make me sick. 

I think Groucho said it best when he remarked, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Now, let's get in there and insult somebody!

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

Skony1's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
              Streetsboro, Ohio
              United States
              Member #1163
              February 20, 2003
              5981 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2005, 8:44 am - IP Logged

i play no favorites, we are a family, ilike them all

Atlanta
                United States
                Member #15989
                May 24, 2005
                183 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2005, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Hilarious, Jim. Thanks forthe Monday morning laugh. Lottomike, just keep on keeping on. Sirbrad, I think it is YOU that has the problem not being on the list. No big deal and PLEASE, oh please, don't get offended. I personally think all the posters have good comments, then again, I always have thought the glass is half full.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                  PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: December 12, 2005, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Hilarious, Jim. Thanks forthe Monday morning laugh. Lottomike, just keep on keeping on. Sirbrad, I think it is YOU that has the problem not being on the list. No big deal and PLEASE, oh please, don't get offended. I personally think all the posters have good comments, then again, I always have thought the glass is half full.

That is a pretty dumb accusation, and if you read my previous posts you would know it is not true. I am still relatively new here, and I do not expect nor care to be on anyones popularity lists. I am simply telling it like it is. That is a very very minute list of all the contributors here, and to me it just seemed ridiculous to pick your own favorite members and expect others to vote from such a small/biased selection. If you fail to see that, that is your own problem.

I would have posted just the same had my name been on it a year from now. I am not here to gain admiration amongst cyber peers, I am here to talk lotto. Not to create polls and single people out, and make the majority feel inferior...

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
                    Darlington, S.C.
                    United States
                    Member #3691
                    February 12, 2004
                    133 Posts
                    Posted: December 12, 2005, 9:05 am - IP Logged

Jim695-

You would have my vote and full support to head up this commission, however, having recused yourself from the nomination, I nominate Chewie.

Chewie is the natural choice to head up this commission because I consider him the King Of The Insults. He can belt out a personal attack like no other on this forum. I consider him a pillar of this community, and a personal hero of mine.

Chewie, you are the man!

Hurray!

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

konane's avatar - wallace
                      Atlanta, GA
                      United States
                      Member #1265
                      March 13, 2003
                      3333 Posts
                      Posted: December 12, 2005, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Having thought about it for a few days, I've decided I can't choose a favorite, as I dislike you all equally. It seems as though all you people have to do is sit in your living rooms or home offices and give people advice on how to win money, or to encourage them to keep trying, or try to help them with a particular problem they're facing.

These unselfish attitudes have no place on a forum like this one, because if it's allowed to continue, the result will be an online community where everybody helps everybody else to achieve a common goal.

What we need here are more personal attacks, fewer interesting polls that generate threads like this one and more infighting among those members who have helped to make this site what it is today. Members such as LOTTOMIKE, Chewie, four4me, hypersoniq, rip snorter, johnph77, emilyg, cash only, Todd and so many others need to stop sharing their advice and experience with newer members. This way, we can achieve the exclusivity required to make this site just like all the other lottery forums on the internet. We can make it so that only a select few have a voice here, and we'll be able to dictate and censure content on anything that's posted.

We could form a commission, made up of those members who are simply better than the others. Todd, of course, would be allowed to stay on; we'll need someone to maintain the site, but if he wants to post a comment, he'd have to submit it to the commission for approval, just like the lower-tier members would. This allows for total control over content, and ensures that no one who matters would be offended.

While I realize I'm the logical choice to head up this body, I must respectfully recuse myself from nomination. As I said, I don't like any of you, but don't take it personally. For the past couple of years I've had to endure your thought-provoking comments, your ideas, your support for LosingJeff and I in our fight against the Hoosier Lottery and inumerable other injustices. I just can't see myself hanging out with you guys; you make me sick. 

I think Groucho said it best when he remarked, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

ROFL    ROFL     ROFL    Make sure all your suggestions are conformed to a strict PC format and you've got it down pat!! ROFL

Green laugh  Green laugh  Green laugh  Green laugh  Green laugh   Green laugh  Green laugh  Green laugh Green laugh

Wasn't it the late Chief who always posted "Dont sweat the small stuff?" 

Think a large dose of that may apply to this thread and eveyone who's gotten their hackles up because of it. 

In the larger context of life and living, it's all small stuff done for fun, interest and hopefully to be enjoyed by all. Blue Angel

Good luck to everyone!

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2005, 9:22 am - IP Logged

That is a pretty dumb accusation, and if you read my previous posts you would know it is not true. I am still relatively new here, and I do not expect nor care to be on anyones popularity lists. I am simply telling it like it is. That is a very very minute list of all the contributors here, and to me it just seemed ridiculous to pick your own favorite members and expect others to vote from such a small/biased selection. If you fail to see that, that is your own problem.

I would have posted just the same had my name been on it a year from now. I am not here to gain admiration amongst cyber peers, I am here to talk lotto. Not to create polls and single people out, and make the majority feel inferior...

Relax, Brad.

It ain't a big deal.  Neither is telling it like it is, which it mostly isn't.

Four4me said it all.  LP covers such a broad spectrum of people, ideas, personalities, and personality disorders there just isn't any 'is' a person can tell it like that will herd it all into a corral and brand and nut the whole bunch for the auction barn.

Anybody who wants to make a post on LP ought to be encouraged to do it, provided it doesn't cause any hard feelings or dig into any sore spots.  Which is to say, as someone observed, that nobody ought to be posting here because there's not a body of opinion that qualifies in that regard.

For the most part we're all here to try to win some bucks from playing numbers.  No matter how downright rattlesnake viscious I might get in other ways, if I can offer you an idea or method that will help you do that, I've earned your thanks within the context of the goals of the site.

However, having said that, I can't offer you any such insights about winning.  But I can get as lowdown ugly as a man needs to be, which is half the job done.

Best wishes to you, Brad (I don't call any man sir)

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                          Member #14
                          November 9, 2001
                          31344 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2005, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

ROFL      Smiley Santa

love to nibble those micey feet.

whitmansm2's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                            Right here...can't you see me?
                            United States
                            Member #21521
                            September 10, 2005
                            131 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2005, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

>if i'm not wanted here anymore why don't someone just say it  

Geez! That won't work...we'd have to have a poll!

Think you better just stay and keep posting!

AMEN!

LMAO

I'm still considered a newbie here, but I LOVE this site. I'm not up on the wheels or systems or what not, but I love getting other peoples thoughts on all that is going on. I just started playing PB in August. I played when it got high (a few times) but haven't played often enough to check sites or anything. This site is one site I check DAILY now! Thanks Todd for letting me "meet" these people!

Sirbrad, Chewie, Jack and so many others.....THANKS FOR ALL THE LAUGHS! Everyone has helped brighten my day and I'm grateful.

Ok....enough of the mushy sh!t.....on with the games! lol

No No

Don't cry over spilled milk.  Go milk another cow!!

Stephanie

United States
                              Member #28215
                              December 12, 2005
                              3 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2005, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Did anyone notice that the site administrator enjoys posts of one member who is infamous for insulting comments to other members? Instead of getting reprimanded, he is being praised! Paying members (who are not part of the site's marketing business) of this site may give a second thought to be a member of this site, whose administrator is not serious/impartial.

Page 4 of 13