Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what does a prediction formula look like?

Topic closed. 100 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2006, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

absolutely, keep going, interesting stuff!

asking to see a prediction algorithm is apparently as difficult as asking to see the next set of numbers before they're drawn... I have googled the subject to near death and so far nothing... at least nothing I can understand...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
    Wyncote,Pa
    United States
    Member #3206
    January 3, 2004
    60737 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2006, 5:22 am - IP Logged

Something from Sedertree

I will try to keep this simple:

The formula in my signature is not the formula that I was speaking of.  That formula I referred to in the challenge was part of another post that I deleted by mistake, which was:

O/N = E

O=Odds
    N=Numbers
    E=Number of Events

Or the "One" Formula....

So if O was equal to the odds of hitting a straight 3-Digit number (1,000) and N was equal to eight numbers.  Then E would equal 125 dvents.

You can replace O with any Odds that you like.  Let's take the odds of hitting a 6-Way box for example which is 1:167....

167 / 8 = 20.875

So if someone posted eight no-match numbers in this example.  It would take at least 20.875 Draws for one of them to hit boxed.  If one of the numbers hit boxed before that time then you would have a winning system.  As you can see in my performance in Michigan.  I blew the odds away.

As for the other formula. Here is the textbook definition:
    -----------------------
    It is important to for you to know that if f(x) is the (probability) density function of a random variable X, then f(x) times dx (a small positive quantity) is approximately the probability that X falls in the interval [x, x+dx]. So the integal of f(x) over an interval [a,b] is the probability that a < X < b (This just follows from the Riemann sum).
    ------------------------
    The sum of the equation is a mute point since I have already calculated that the probability density is equal to the Gaussian Curve.

...../George

jordi marey's avatar - Lottery-039.jpg

United States
      Member #17354
      June 17, 2005
      102 Posts
      Posted: February 17, 2006, 6:45 am - IP Logged

Hyper:  a great thread with substance and worthwhile input by LP members.

...../George:  almost clueless when it comes to the old masters-- Gauss, Bernoulli or others

but I am sure the answer is just lying dormant somewhere in their writings/dreaded formula. 

Can you think of anything that could be considered a Constant, that could be Hyper's starting point.

add more,

Jordi

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: February 17, 2006, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

My idea is not a prediction formula per se, but a way of testing multiple scenarios at once. I started it on a new thread so as not to take this one away from its original question.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

cahaba's avatar - moon
          Birmingham
          United States
          Member #18850
          July 21, 2005
          82 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2006, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

My idea is not a prediction formula per se, but a way of testing multiple scenarios at once. I started it on a new thread so as not to take this one away from its original question.

time*treat

Are you referring to using 1 or more algos to test the same hypothesis, or 1 algorhythm to test many hypotheses?   

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you can speculate on what you're going to get through trial and error"

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #22395
            September 24, 2005
            1583 Posts
            Posted: February 17, 2006, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Here is the link to time*treat's thread

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/128762

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2006, 1:18 am - IP Logged

cahaba,

I'd say 1 algorithm to test many hypotheses. Imagine that you had the workings of a winning method, but threw it out because the limits you were using gave you poor results. It is sort of an inverse of hyper's question. Is a losing formula really a winning formula with the limits/parameters changed?
              It's like that skit from the Stooges: these nails aren't broken, they just belong in the other wall.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: February 18, 2006, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

In the last MegaMillion drawing all the winning numbers were in the previous four drawings which include 19 numbers. If such a situation happened 3-4 times a year, one could try and cover it every drawings and have a good chance of winning when it happened again.  That was the kinds of situations I suggested that players might search for.  That situation has only happen once but I got a PM from another LP member asking about the previous six drawings and I forward the following:

I checked the last 393 games of MegaMillions and six times all the winning numbers were in the previous six drawings.  This is a breakdown:
                Previous six drawing:
                Group size 20-28 numbers
                matched 5 = 6 times
                matched 4 = 42 times
                matched 3 = 118 times
                matched 2 = 125 times
                matched 1 = 77 times
                matched 0 = 18
                * the mega ball was in that group 174 times but it only repeated within 6 draws 43 times.

Hope this helps.  Good luck to you.
                RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #13130
                  March 30, 2005
                  2171 Posts
                  Posted: February 19, 2006, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

That's what I like. I look for situations that don't have to happen often, but have a low enough cost of play, so that you can remain solvent long enough to get a winner. I believe there are plenty of them to be found.

cahaba's avatar - moon
                    Birmingham
                    United States
                    Member #18850
                    July 21, 2005
                    82 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2006, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

In the last MegaMillion drawing all the winning numbers were in the previous four drawings which include 19 numbers. If such a situation happened 3-4 times a year, one could try and cover it every drawings and have a good chance of winning when it happened again.  That was the kinds of situations I suggested that players might search for.  That situation has only happen once but I got a PM from another LP member asking about the previous six drawings and I forward the following:

I checked the last 393 games of MegaMillions and six times all the winning numbers were in the previous six drawings.  This is a breakdown:
                    Previous six drawing:
                    Group size 20-28 numbers
                    matched 5 = 6 times
                    matched 4 = 42 times
                    matched 3 = 118 times
                    matched 2 = 125 times
                    matched 1 = 77 times
                    matched 0 = 18
                    * the mega ball was in that group 174 times but it only repeated within 6 draws 43 times.

Hope this helps.  Good luck to you.
                    RJOh

Looks like a nice bell curve-

Thanks RJOh 

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you can speculate on what you're going to get through trial and error"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19828 Posts
                      Posted: February 21, 2006, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

I plan to widen those parameters to include twelve of the last sixty drawings and pick a few lines accordingly.  Now I just have to decide what is a reasonable amount for me to gamble for a cash prize of $100,000,000.00.

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2006, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

One thing I have learned is to not throw a system out just because it didn't work as I had hoped/expected. 1) Code re-use is a wonderful thing. That's why I have stuff I can post for p3/p4, even though they're not my game.

2) Sometimes you put this stuff down for a week or month (or 2) and come back fresh with a new angle for the idea you already have.

I hope hyper didn't delete his SoniQ spreadsheet. I suspect there is life in it yet. Cool 

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #1340
                          April 6, 2003
                          2450 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2006, 6:00 am - IP Logged

I have an old folder with the dead systems in it, I call it the "junkyard". I keep it for just that reason ;-)

I also have an old archive filled with all the old failed VB6 programs, access DBs etc...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19828 Posts
                            Posted: February 23, 2006, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I plan to widen those parameters to include twelve of the last sixty drawings and pick a few lines accordingly.  Now I just have to decide what is a reasonable amount for me to gamble for a cash prize of $100,000,000.00.

I widen my parameters and got some match3's even when the right conditions didn't exist but have concluded I would need over 100 combinations to match5 even when the right conditions exited and lucky to match 5+l if I only played combinations of 5's once.  It's back to the drawing board until I come up with a formula I can afford to actually play.

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: March 6, 2006, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

... just picked up the V22:N4 issue of (twenty-six hundred) the other day. It has an interesting article on the lottery that may be useful for those of you who live in a ball-draw state.