Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

illegal immigrants poll

Topic closed. 118 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 4 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

should a person who is here illegally be able to cash in lottery winnings?

yes they should be able to [ 47 ]  [32.19%]
no they should not be able to [ 89 ]  [60.96%]
not sure at this time [ 10 ]  [6.85%]
Total Valid Votes [ 146 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 17 ]  

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: April 17, 2006, 3:16 am - IP Logged

No one here understands how much I love this site. They don't have a clue. You might think you know, but you haven't the foggiest.

If it wasn't for all the good folks here, throwing ideas around.....?????    THEN WHAT????????

I want to throw pure LOVE and GOODNESS through the cable lines..............

To all the peeps out there......

paurths's avatar - underground
    Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
    Belgium
    Member #19287
    July 29, 2005
    2254 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2006, 3:33 am - IP Logged

Here, in Belgium, all you need is a bankaccount to collect a big win.
    Btw, illegal aliens are not only to be found in the USA, in persuit of the American dream.
    Belgium, with a rather small population in comparison to the USA, just over 10 000 000, gets their share of illegal aliens, trust me.

It's actually quite simple here, if you are illegal and get busted, the autorities will hand you over a piece of paper, stating that you must leave belgium ground within 3 days lol
    One can imagine those illegals are lining up at the border to leave...

They just stay here, and when they manage to stay here 3 years, illegal, then prove to the government that they been in the country for those 3 years, they get a belgium passport in about 99% of the cases. (some doctors have been busted writing letters for illegals to prove those 3 years, no verdict has ever been final, there is pretty much an appeal for everything here, an illegal can find lawyers here (who are paid by the government lol) that will stretch the appeals for tens of years)
    No need to speak the language from here. It has even come this far that some politicians have ran bills to make arabic the second language to learn in school!!! (at school, at young age we must learn at least 2 languages, because Belgium is devided into 3 parts, the Flemish part (sort like Dutch) with 6 million inhabitants, the French part with 4 000 000 inhabitants and then some 20 000 german speaking in a part that was "glued" to Belgium after the big war. So Dutch and French are the languages everyone gets in school)
    We even have a king and queen that hardly speak any Dutch, and their 2 sons and 1 daughter have a seat in the senate without ever being elected. (how about that for democracy!!!! The royal family have an immens fortune in their bankaccount, gathered from the mines in Congo (former Zaïre), in a period when more than 5 000 000 men, women and children died in those mines --> we can be real proud to have a king that comes from a line in which a massmurderer lived --> ofcourse we cannot speak up about that, or national security comes pounding on your door)

During those years, illegals can apply for a "social house" (don't know it in English, sorry) so they pay a rent that is so low it might as wel be for free. Above that they go to wellfare and collect some 700euro's per month (about $800)
    This social system is carried by ofcourse the working population, who are having a more and more difficult time now to get their own bills payed.
    Poverty is increasing each year in Belgium.
    The social system is pretty much an empty box, the financial status (don't know either how that is called in English, but it is made up each year by the government) is a disaster. It has been in balance for the last 7 years by using retirementfunds from major (or mayor?) companies, selling pretty much all government buildings (and then hire them again).

This country takes a leading roll in pointing to the USA when it comes to issues like the gulf war, Irak, ... you name it.
    USA-bashing seems to have become a national sport overhere some years ago.
    But more and more people are not buying this anymore, and their eyes are opening one by one. 

This country and its government are more corrupt than the italian maffia.
    (how many of those murderers that flew those planes in the WTC had either a Belgium passport or had resided in Belgium for a while? How many of those murderers that blew up that train just outside Madrid had either a Belgium passport or had resied in Belgium for a while? In Irak a woman detonated herself, what passport did she have? What passport did the man had who assasinated the Afghan warlord Massoud? The examples just go on and on...
    About a year ago 2 people have been sent to jail for .... 4 years, after they were busted with plans to blow up a military site on Belgium soil where American nukes are stored... 4 years.... can you imagine???)
    This country is run by the maffia...anyone can get a belgian passport here)

In Belgium illegals don't have to play the lottery to win it. They get it for free, on behalf of the working women and men. (who will have paid for their own retirement their whole lives and will end up with nothing once they reach the age of 65, me being one of them)

Brrr, sorry, i seem to be able to go on forever about this, but fact is, humans or not, illegals do not have to play the lottery to win it here...

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2006, 7:13 am - IP Logged

paurths, that's very interesting. I guess we aren't the only ones with a real mess here.  Thanks for sharing that. It's great to get perspective from those in another country like that.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

paurths's avatar - underground
        Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
        Belgium
        Member #19287
        July 29, 2005
        2254 Posts
        Posted: April 17, 2006, 7:45 am - IP Logged

paurths, that's very interesting. I guess we aren't the only ones with a real mess here.  Thanks for sharing that. It's great to get perspective from those in another country like that.

It's a mess alright... Last year France was on fire, now the Danish have been "the guilty ones" (the cartoon-history)...

I like this column very much, from April 11, 2006
        "The Solution to the Immigration Problem with Mexico Is a Communist Overthrow", by Frank J., a syndicated columnist whose columns appear worldwide on IMAO.us...

But then again, this is not a politics-forum, so i'm not sure to post all these matters...

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

twisted's avatar - underground
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #2376
          September 25, 2003
          582 Posts
          Posted: April 17, 2006, 10:54 am - IP Logged

If a foreign tourist can buy a lottery ticket and claim the winnings if he wins, why not a illegal immigrant? Atleast the illegal immigrant pays some kind of tax (be it sales, income, etc) compared to foreign tourists who are only here for a very short time. If you dont want illegal immigrants to claim their winnings, dont allow them to play in the first place. If they contribute to the pot, they should be able to reap the rewards.

A tourist is coming here with proper papers while going through a screening process at the airport. It's called customs. Tourists aren't coming here illegally. Atleast most of them, I hope.

If a tourist wins, they dont have to pay any tax here in the U. S. They have a tax obligation in their country and whatever the lottery withholds, is given back so they can fulfill their tax obligation in their country. So our gournment gets NOTHING. I would rather have a illegal immigrant win and our government get tax revenue from the winning instead of a "properly screened tourist" winning and taking all the money to their country.

Thats what I remember reading at the old Powerball FAQ if my memory serves me right.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2006, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

If a foreign tourist can buy a lottery ticket and claim the winnings if he wins, why not a illegal immigrant? Atleast the illegal immigrant pays some kind of tax (be it sales, income, etc) compared to foreign tourists who are only here for a very short time. If you dont want illegal immigrants to claim their winnings, dont allow them to play in the first place. If they contribute to the pot, they should be able to reap the rewards.

A tourist is coming here with proper papers while going through a screening process at the airport. It's called customs. Tourists aren't coming here illegally. Atleast most of them, I hope.

If a tourist wins, they dont have to pay any tax here in the U. S. They have a tax obligation in their country and whatever the lottery withholds, is given back so they can fulfill their tax obligation in their country. So our gournment gets NOTHING. I would rather have a illegal immigrant win and our government get tax revenue from the winning instead of a "properly screened tourist" winning and taking all the money to their country.

Thats what I remember reading at the old Powerball FAQ if my memory serves me right.

I personally don't care if this over-bloated government, that spends money like a drunken sailor gets any tax money. Less money for pork spending. You should have listened to a radio host by the name of Neal Boortz 2 months ago when he read a list of all the frivolous programs that the government is spending money on. To say the least, most of them had my head spinning. 

Not only pork, but we also give billions away each year to other countries, but can't fund a decent health care program for the american citizens. That's shameful.

In my opinion, the issue here is the legality of claiming the prize, not what government is gonna get the taxes.

The link below is a list that watch group provides, and it's called the Pig Book.

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=reports_pigbook2005

konane's avatar - wallace
              Atlanta, GA
              United States
              Member #1265
              March 13, 2003
              3333 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2006, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I personally don't care if this over-bloated government, that spends money like a drunken sailor gets any tax money. Less money for pork spending. You should have listened to a radio host by the name of Neal Boortz 2 months ago when he read a list of all the frivolous programs that the government is spending money on. To say the least, most of them had my head spinning. 

Not only pork, but we also give billions away each year to other countries, but can't fund a decent health care program for the american citizens. That's shameful.

In my opinion, the issue here is the legality of claiming the prize, not what government is gonna get the taxes.

The link below is a list that the government provides, and it's called the Pig Book.

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=reports_pigbook2005

Neal Boortz has been frothing at the mouth about our tax system and how it's used for years.

My last couple of blog entries highlight his remedy to our current system which forces those in the underground economy (illegals paid for work with cash and drug dealers to name a few!!) to contribute their fair share of the burden .

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/konane/2006/04/more-about-fair-tax.htm

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/konane/2006/04/fair-tax-info-update.htm

Good luck to everyone!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2006, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

anyone part of that H and R BLOCK settlement about to take place?

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
                  philadelphia,PA
                  United States
                  Member #27080
                  November 26, 2005
                  507 Posts
                  Posted: April 17, 2006, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Wow, thanks for sharing, pretty heavy stuff...what I think an illegal alien should get?

and maybe

Stop

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

houston
                    United States
                    Member #17931
                    June 30, 2005
                    3 Posts
                    Posted: April 17, 2006, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

A person  who is here illegally should be allowed to cash in if he is allowed to play the lottery.

In other  words,don't allow them to play if they cannot  cash in.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10345 Posts
                      Posted: April 17, 2006, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

How would you stop them from playing?

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5117 Posts
                        Posted: April 17, 2006, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

How would you stop them from playing?

................"LOTTERY POST PEOPLE"

This was...Issssssssssssssssssssssssss a simple POLL!!

JUST vote........if you stillllllllllllKnow HOWWWWW....SIMPLY...VOTE!

Yes...or...NO...aunt no Maby

LOTS of LUCK.....but can you reason "yourself" out of a wet??????

PAPER BAG...money don't getit without cent$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO 

aloname's avatar - yesnurse
                          new port richey
                          United States
                          Member #37878
                          April 20, 2006
                          29 Posts
                          Posted: April 27, 2006, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

BETTER QUESTION FOR YOU WOULD BE.....

Are Mexicans illegal?

If they are, then ponder this...

Were the Indians here first in America?

Did we not kill them and take the land away from them?

Do Indians not come from Mexico?

If Mexicans wanted to trace their heritage, could they not find people who lived here in their family tree?

Maybe this is a sign for us Greedy Americans to start loving our land like the Indians did, and STOP rapping it for every nickel and dime.

lucky1313's avatar - disney08
                            Asheboro,NC
                            United States
                            Member #22902
                            October 4, 2005
                            64 Posts
                            Posted: April 27, 2006, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

If Immigrants play lottery or not doesn't make any diference in your ODDS to win so what's the BIG Deal,

let those people play and take their chances , any way play lottery is a way of paying taxes voluntarily,

so whats the BIG DEAL let's stop this racism and discrimination or that will make you a criminal also because discrimination and racism is "ILEGAL".

United States
                              Member #33085
                              February 18, 2006
                              743 Posts
                              Posted: April 27, 2006, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Let me make this as succinct as possible:

Hell No.

I Agree!