Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

illegal immigrants poll

Topic closed. 118 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 5 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

should a person who is here illegally be able to cash in lottery winnings?

yes they should be able to [ 47 ]  [32.19%]
no they should not be able to [ 89 ]  [60.96%]
not sure at this time [ 10 ]  [6.85%]
Total Valid Votes [ 146 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 17 ]  

United States
Member #33085
February 18, 2006
743 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2006, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

anyone part of that H and R BLOCK settlement about to take place?

What settlement?

lucky1313's avatar - disney08
    Asheboro,NC
    United States
    Member #22902
    October 4, 2005
    64 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2006, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

For those GREEDY that think the immigrants  are stealing the lottery money,

Why don't you look on the list of soldiers in Irak and see how many GONZALES , GARCIA, GOMEZ, AND RODRIGUEZ  are on the list sons and daughters of Immigrants that are fighting for us and giving their live there,  think about that and give these people a chance just a chance that's all they need .

By the way I'm an Immigrant from Cuba and I'm very thankfull for America giving me and my family a chance to be free...

In God we Thrust.... God bless America, Americans , Natives and Immigrants "Illegal " or not.

good luck to all

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31344 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2006, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Why don't you look on the list of soldiers in Irak and see how many GONZALES , GARCIA, GOMEZ, AND RODRIGUEZ  are on the list sons and daughters of Immigrants that are fighting for us and giving their live there,  think about that and give these people a chance just a chance that's all they need .

By the way I'm an Immigrant from Cuba and I'm very thankfull for America giving me and my family a chance to be free...

In God we Thrust.... God bless America, Americans , Natives and Immigrants "Illegal " or not.

good luck to all

bet you're LEGAL   

love to nibble those micey feet.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5895 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2006, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

good luck to all

The military people who you are referring too, just happen to be American citizens and I thank them all for the sacrifices they are making. Their parents might not be American citizens, but I'll bet they are not illegal. You missed the point! I'm happy for you and your family that you had an opportunity to come here and enjoy the freedom of this great nation. Enjoy that freedom and when you see a military person in uniform, thank them. That freedom came from the sacrifices made by all of our military personnel, yesterday and today.

God Bless AmericaPatriot

I voted yes, besides the money will probably be used better than some past lottery winners have used the money. 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2006, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

i'm really happy with this poll.it shows the true feelings of how people really feel.lottery post is made up of pretty much the same demographics as america so it really shows a well rounded view of how people feel on this topic.its a very passionate debate.....

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
            Magnolia, Delaware
            United States
            Member #18795
            July 20, 2005
            789 Posts
            Posted: April 28, 2006, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Hey fellow LP members, there is no reason for any debate on this issue what so ever! The word " illegal" is self explanatory! Case Closed! 

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
              Member #26882
              November 23, 2005
              1404 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2006, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Exactly the key word is Illegal! I was born and raised in America. If I do something Illegal where do I go? To Jail.....Do not pass go, Do not collect 200 dollars, just like the  Monopoly Game

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2006, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Lucky 1313:  I hate bigotry and detest racism. Some of the posts are filled with hate, but most are simply expressing a viewpoint. I am frustrated and do not think "illegal" aliens should be automatically given immunity and legal status.  I believe in a Democracy where people follow the laws of the government they established.  Living in Florida, I've seen how the Cuban people have established fine communities and contributed to the economy. But most of the illegals we are talking about do not want to move here and do not love America or its citizens.  One man who was interviewed during the recent rally in Fort Myers said "I want to be able to work here and go home to Mexico whenever I want." He was waving a Mexican flag. They just want to come for the work and the benefits of a free society without paying the price.  What other country in this world lets people do this?  The fighting men and women you mentioned are paying the ultimate price and are American heroes.

BTW, what does everyone think of hearing the Star Spangled Banner in Spanish?  Yup! It was on the radio. My grandfather was a Russian immigrant and did the work "Americans" don't want to do.  After earning his citizenship, he would walk around singing patriotic songs. His English was poor and he never learned to read or write well but when he sang "God Bless America" it was in ENGLISH!!!

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: April 29, 2006, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

The first line of the new anthem: Jose can you see? LOL

When the common thought which abounds as we speak, states that most of the illegals are here because they just want to provide a living for their families, I ask myself....

How is it, that in just one county alone in California, spent about 275 million for welfare recipients, and their families, last year? That's just one county.

I think if you do the math, you'll see that the former is not true.

I want to enact my own little bill. It's called " If you're physically able, wait a table". LOL

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: April 29, 2006, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

What's also confusing is how someone like me, A working class citizen has to pay about 70 bucks every month for health insurance, when all I have to do is come here illegaly, and get it for free.

If anyone should be out protesting, this coming monday, it should be the citizens in this country who are being railroaded. C'mon, give me a little breathing room here, please. Does the first paragraph above have any effect on the common sense aspect of all of this?

What happens after the amnesty? How many of their relatives will they freely bring?

Will their relatives get free health care, while I still have to keep paying? Is that fair?

Does this also mean that those people waiting in line legally, will instantly bypass the time period involved in requiring a citizenship? They will instantly become citizens.

What the heck is going wrong with this administration? They must be on drugs. Bush's pimp, Rush Limbaugh is. It takes alot of pain killers to go on the air and defend the oil companies, while there are people out there, who are really being hurt by this. Yet, he boasts about it like a person high on drugs. It all makes sense now. His boisterous voice, broadcast onto the listeners.

Sheeple, as Michael Savage always says.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5118 Posts
                      Posted: April 29, 2006, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

BLACK

BROWN

WHITE

Hi there, I'm Sid Bear!

"I Loooove Chocolate"

THANK YOU, oh Politicans

you must have had a great time on your "BUNNY RUMP" VACATION...........

"L@@Ks" llllike......you're all back in DC  driving your  half-breeds  to the...

fillum-Up station...."Don't forget to buy your Lottery Tickets$$$$$$$$$$$$

before you SNEEEEEEKKKK-AWAY-in-your.......SUBBBBBBBBEEEEEESSSS!

PSYKOBOOOOOOO 

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: April 29, 2006, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

BLACK

BROWN

WHITE

Hi there, I'm Sid Bear!

"I Loooove Chocolate"

THANK YOU, oh Politicans

you must have had a great time on your "BUNNY RUMP" VACATION...........

"L@@Ks" llllike......you're all back in DC  driving your  half-breeds  to the...

fillum-Up station...."Don't forget to buy your Lottery Tickets$$$$$$$$$$$$

before you SNEEEEEEKKKK-AWAY-in-your.......SUBBBBBBBBEEEEEESSSS!

PSYKOBOOOOOOO 

ROFL

STOP!!!!

You're killin me...

lucky1313's avatar - disney08
                          Asheboro,NC
                          United States
                          Member #22902
                          October 4, 2005
                          64 Posts
                          Posted: April 29, 2006, 7:48 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote justxploringReport Inappropriate ContentTop of pagePosted: Today, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Lucky 1313:  I hate bigotry and detest racism. Some of the posts are filled with hate, but most are simply expressing a viewpoint. I am frustrated and do not think "illegal" aliens should be automatically given immunity and legal status.  I believe in a Democracy where people follow the laws of the government they established.  Living in Florida, I've seen how the Cuban people have established fine communities and contributed to the economy. But most of the illegals we are talking about do not want to move here and do not love America or its citizens.  One man who was interviewed during the recent rally in Fort Myers said "I want to be able to work here and go home to Mexico whenever I want." He was waving a Mexican flag. They just want to come for the work and the benefits of a free society without paying the price.  What other country in this world lets people do this?  The fighting men and women you mentioned are paying the ultimate price and are American heroes.

BTW, what does everyone think of hearing the Star Spangled Banner in Spanish?  Yup! It was on the radio. My grandfather was a Russian immigrant and did the work "Americans" don't want to do.  After earning his citizenship, he would walk around singing patriotic songs. His English was poor and he never learned to read or write well but when he sang "God Bless America" it was in ENGLISH!!!

I agree the national anthem should be sang in English originaly

I heard the Spanish version and I didn't like it either first they change a lot of it  and second

you can't understand clear what they are singing....but what can I or you do about it

it's AMERICA and that's is freedom of speech,

The First Amendment exists precisely to protect the most offensive and controversial speech from government suppression. The best way to counter obnoxious speech is with more speech. Persuasion, not coercion, is the solution, and this is the nation of opportunities and those singers just got theirs

if rappers are selling millions of cd's with offensive words and messaqes teaching and leading our teenagers to negatives things why not sell cd's of the national Anthem in Spanish it's just the right time for them sell, sell ,sell ,capitalism and consumism is all over..

God help us........

Now about the destiny of those unfortunates "illegals" let the Congress decide.....and in my opinion

if all those 12 million "illegals" pay $3,000 penalty fee each that would be $36,000,000,000

36 billion dolars enough money to build a wall like the wall of china all long the border to stop the illegal immigration... why they don't do that?????

I don't know ... Do you???

god bless us all..

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: May 1, 2006, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Interesting poll. 

Not so much where illegal aliens are concerned, because they're everywhere in overwhelming numbers doing jobs US citizens don't want to dirty their hands with.  Moot point, however.

For more than a century this country's been talking the talk about illegal immigration, but not walking the walk.  We can all sing from the same songbook about it, same song as our fathers and grandfathers sang, but the government will continue to give it a wink and a nod, same as they did in the times of our fathers and grandfathers.  Probably a lot of reasons, many of which we never gave much thought to.

But the reason it doesn't matter whether illegals can claim lottery prizes has roots in the very reason they're able to live here illegally, exercise most of the same rights any citizen can, hold jobs, and in California, even vote (so I've heard).

If an illegal has a win to claim, there's a person here legally who will claim it for him for a percentage.  They're here because of dollars, and if they're savvy, they'll get dollars if they hold a winning ticket.  They'll just have to forfeit whatever percentage it takes to get a person here legally to claim it.

I'd bet every person who's posted on this thread would gladly claim a hundred million dollar prize for an illegal alien for, say, a million free and clear after taxes.

I would. 

Idealism and strong opinion about abstractions is fine until it cuts into the pocketbook.

That's why they're here, and it's why they'll keep coming.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: May 1, 2006, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Jose, can you see...