Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Longest running threads on Lottery Discussion

Topic closed. 128 replies. Last post 10 years ago by mchpick3!.

Page 7 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2006, 10:19 am - IP Logged

whats he listening to?

Morning Mike:

Cute animation.

Where'd you find it? 

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2006, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Keith,

Well this show was on about 42 years ago because both of my brothers were actually on the show!

I am 39 now and at the time I was too young to be on it and then they stoped broadcasting it before i was old enough to be on.

I remember at the begining of each show there was a jack-in the box and the music! Jack-in-the-Box

I remember Romper Room..

I would watch to the end to see if she called my name at the end when looking through the magic mirror..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
      Member #26882
      November 23, 2005
      1404 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2006, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Keith,

Well this show was on about 42 years ago because both of my brothers were actually on the show!

I am 39 now and at the time I was too young to be on it and then they stoped broadcasting it before i was old enough to be on.

I remember at the begining of each show there was a jack-in the box and the music! Jack-in-the-Box

I remember Romper Room..

I would watch to the end to see if she called my name at the end when looking through the magic mirror..

OMG, I totally forgot about the magic mirror but now that you mentioned it I remember! Yes hahahahah!

Tntea, can you remember the name of the Teacher? Was it Mrs. Patty?

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49699 Posts
        Posted: July 1, 2006, 11:01 am - IP Logged

Keith,

I remember Romper Room..

OMG, I totally forgot about the magic mirror but now that you mentioned it I remember! Yes hahahahah!

Different Areas of the Country had different Teachers, maybe you can find yours here:

http://www.tvparty.com/lostromper3.html

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
          The Carolinas - Charlotte
          United States
          Member #21627
          September 12, 2005
          4138 Posts
          Posted: July 1, 2006, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I remember the Magic Mirror now...I got my name called on there once, only instead of "Keith", they said "Dolt"...haha

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4138 Posts
            Posted: July 1, 2006, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Janet

You worked at the Mint? I had a class reunion over there about 15 years ago. It made me want to turn my nose in the air! LOL Fortunately, our 20th is at someone's house this fall.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
              Charlotte NC
              United States
              Member #17406
              June 18, 2005
              4053 Posts
              Posted: July 1, 2006, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Janet

You worked at the Mint? I had a class reunion over there about 15 years ago. It made me want to turn my nose in the air! LOL Fortunately, our 20th is at someone's house this fall.

Yes NodYes,and it is still the same.  We had many staff meetings on how to change the elitist image.   

takeemtothebank

United States
                Member #21627
                September 12, 2005
                4138 Posts
                Posted: July 1, 2006, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Can't help it with all of those folks on the Board there with their kids in private schools, driving the expensive rigs and all...of course, here I am trashing the area and I'm moving my mom to Eastover today...LMAO

Stooges

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                  Charlotte NC
                  United States
                  Member #17406
                  June 18, 2005
                  4053 Posts
                  Posted: July 1, 2006, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Can't help it with all of those folks on the Board there with their kids in private schools, driving the expensive rigs and all...of course, here I am trashing the area and I'm moving my mom to Eastover today...LMAO

Are you really? You know that the Mint's front entrance was in Eastover - Hempstead.  You had to drive through the neighborhood to get to it.  It's entrance was turned around in 1985. 

takeemtothebank

United States
                    Member #21627
                    September 12, 2005
                    4138 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2006, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I remember when they moved it. I graduated from Latin in '86, so I know that area alright...many snobby people at my school that lived back in there. My Mom is living closer to Eastover Road though near Cherokee.

Stooges

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
                      Member #26882
                      November 23, 2005
                      1404 Posts
                      Posted: July 1, 2006, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Keith,

I remember Romper Room..

Different Areas of the Country had different Teachers, maybe you can find yours here:

http://www.tvparty.com/lostromper3.html

Thanks Raven!

Miss Sally would have been for my area!

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2006, 9:06 am - IP Logged
                        What?

Seems we all have a measure of those traits to help us see it in others.

That's Rip Snorter philosophy.  That is not a fact.  Even though we are all made out of the same things, just because we can see how someone can be a murderer, or a wife beater or a drug addict etc. doesn't make us have that trait.  I told you it was BS.

To be honest, tenaj, when the LQ thread first began I thought it was someone spoofing you.  I'd read it with a chuckle, considering it a comedy.  All those phony ID testimonials, I thought, were a great touch to make the LQ thread a wonderful characature.

Eventually I came to think that, while it evidently isn't someone trying to make a laughingstock of you, it's still a good enough imitation of you to be worth a daily laugh.  It even lacks the venom, which makes it less funny in some ways, but funnier in others.

Now, I just figure it must be someone Todd's decided to allow to do something he has every right to let them do.

Still, for the sake of my respect for humanity, a lot of people on LP ..... including you, I prefer to think it's (surprisingly persistent) humor.  Dragging along the way an awful soap opera does, maybe for generations.

J

Egos don't count.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                          FEMA Region V Camp #21
                          United States
                          Member #520
                          July 27, 2002
                          5699 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2006, 9:46 am - IP Logged

Hmmm....yes I'm seeing venom spewed but it never was toward Lottery Queen. Not a single post attacked her personally. Tenaj, you and a few others have made it a point to attack Rip Snorter personally in this thread.

The question was about Lottery Queen's pick 3 posts and the Kander love fest on the lottery discussion forum instead of the pick 3 forum? Why are links to a site selling LQ's lottery book there on all of her posts? Why are "blessings" being accepted in LQ's signature. Why did Kander's last post talk about sending LQ "FEES"? How did Kander graduate from 1st grade English to High School English overnight? These are all legitimate questions and quite frankly have nothing to do with you, Tenaj. So why the hate?

But this is Todd's site and he can do with it as he pleases. It doesn't mean that we as members cannot comment on sales tactics when we see them.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2006, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Hmmm....yes I'm seeing venom spewed but it never was toward Lottery Queen. Not a single post attacked her personally. Tenaj, you and a few others have made it a point to attack Rip Snorter personally in this thread.

The question was about Lottery Queen's pick 3 posts and the Kander love fest on the lottery discussion forum instead of the pick 3 forum? Why are links to a site selling LQ's lottery book there on all of her posts? Why are "blessings" being accepted in LQ's signature. Why did Kander's last post talk about sending LQ "FEES"? How did Kander graduate from 1st grade English to High School English overnight? These are all legitimate questions and quite frankly have nothing to do with you, Tenaj. So why the hate?

But this is Todd's site and he can do with it as he pleases. It doesn't mean that we as members cannot comment on sales tactics when we see them.

RickG:

Among the prayers of the old-time Apache there are two I especially appreciate. 

One's a chant asking the spirits to grant them 'worthy' enemies.

The other's a prayer of gratitude after they've been granted enemies they considered worthy.

I've been blessed with a few worthy enemies in my life, but you won't find any of them attacking me on this thread. 

Unworthy enemies are merely flies to be ignored, or swatted if they become too much of a nuisance.

J

Egos don't count.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23261 Posts
                              Posted: July 6, 2006, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Rick G and Rip Snorter,

If you would kindly point me to the URL of a page at Lottery Post where someone posted a link to a site that is selling something, I will gladly address the issue.  I am not aware of any such links.  Someone mentioning that they have a book is not the same thing as linking to a site that sells stuff.  I think Rip Snorter has mentioned that he wrote some books, and I never had a problem with that either.

In addition, you (and others) should be aware that I am actively making attempts to make myself less a part of the general discussion here, so there will not be such a focus on "Todd does this, Todd does that" or "Todd' tools" or "Todd's rules".

I never designed Lottery Post as a place where I would be the center of attention, but rather as a place where open discussion about the lottery would take place between players.  It seems that some people are referring to me more and more, and I want to take away as much of that off-topic discussion as possible.

They are "Lottery Post rules" and "Lottery Post tools" -- without the word "Todd" in there.

Hence, as much as I can, I am trying to moderate the forums without poking my nose into the discussion.  Like anyone else, I will continue to post in topics that interest me.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!