Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Longest running threads on Lottery Discussion

Topic closed. 128 replies. Last post 10 years ago by mchpick3!.

Page 8 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2006, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Heck Todd,

Seems to me every forum needs a source of amusement.  Sometimes that's difficult to come by on the Discussion Forum.  LQ provides it well enough to suit me.

Yep, I have mentioned my books here and there on the forums, as you've indicated:

<snip>

I count it a kindness that you've allowed it.

Thanks Todd.

I appreciate you.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23273 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2006, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

You know, that just snacks of throwing something in my face, and it doesn't feel right, so I have edited out all the links.  For some reason you have become upset at me, and I honestly don't understand it.  I have had nothing but glowing things to say about you and everything you post.  Hopefully whatever is bothering you about me will pass.

I have read your posts long enough to understand the subtleties, and the fact that you did not address anything I wrote tells me that you are not happy.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2006, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Kander's posts 7/5 - 7/6, verbatim from the Lottery Discussion forum:

577 fall China on WEN 07/05/06 Time 8:35pm
      U favourite nummber 751changed to china .ur west hit nummbers577 hitted china today.
      U are so cool LQ!

---------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate all your hard efforts helping me to win
      Thank LQ I will email you for your service FEES

---------------------------------------------------------------------

962 fall China on T H 07/06/06 Time 8:35pm
      I appreciate all your work, LQ it's meant so much to me. Thank you so much for your time!
      You are an excellent teacher

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2006, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

You know, that just snacks of throwing something in my face, and it doesn't feel right, so I have edited out all the links.  For some reason you have become upset at me, and I honestly don't understand it.  I have had nothing but glowing things to say about you and everything you post.  Hopefully whatever is bothering you about me will pass.

I have read your posts long enough to understand the subtleties, and the fact that you did not address anything I wrote tells me that you are not happy.

Todd:

I'm not upset at you.  The opposite is true.

However, most writers will use any excuse to hype their work.

I was sincere when I said I appreciate the fact you've allowed me to post links to my books in the past.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm glad we're able to clear up any misunderstandings.

J

Egos don't count.

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23273 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2006, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Jack, Thank you, I am glad to hear that.

Rick, I'm still looking for a link (URL) posted that I've heard so much about, but can't seem to find.  I think if I deleted all the posts where people mentioned the words "product", "service", "fee", "cost", or a dozen other hints at a service, there would be a lot of missing posts.  For example, I believe Red has been posting info about his Hot Sheet service almost since the start of Lottery Post.  Mike has been posting info about his Nickles service for a long time.  And so on.  The common thread to all of these posts that make them OK is that they are no advertisements containing links.  The person from China really is from China, and I suspect that person really is happy about whatever Lottery Queen is telling them.  I checked the IP address myself.

This hubbub about LQ is strange to me, because I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with anything posted in her TWO threads.  If a group of six or twelve people want to jump around hopping mad that I just said that, and want to claim that I am somehow showing favoritism to Lottery Queen, then go right ahead.  I repeat: I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with anything in the two Lottery Queen threads.  Everyone who is somehow "against" Lottery Queen should put everything in perspective.  Geez, there are only two threads.  Would it kill everyone to just ignore two threads if you don't like them?

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2006, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Rick, I'm still looking for a link (URL) posted that I've heard so much about, but can't seem to find.  I think if I deleted all the posts where people mentioned the words "product", "service", "fee", "cost", or a dozen other hints at a service, there would be a lot of missing posts.  For example, I believe Red has been posting info about his Hot Sheet service almost since the start of Lottery Post.  Mike has been posting info about his Nickles service for a long time.  And so on.  The common thread to all of these posts that make them OK is that they are no advertisements containing links.  The person from China really is from China, and I suspect that person really is happy about whatever Lottery Queen is telling them.  I checked the IP address myself.

This hubbub about LQ is strange to me, because I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with anything posted in her TWO threads.  If a group of six or twelve people want to jump around hopping mad that I just said that, and want to claim that I am somehow showing favoritism to Lottery Queen, then go right ahead.  I repeat: I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with anything in the two Lottery Queen threads.  Everyone who is somehow "against" Lottery Queen should put everything in perspective.  Geez, there are only two threads.  Would it kill everyone to just ignore two threads if you don't like them?

Todd:

I doubt anyone will be 'hopping mad'.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, when the thread first began, I thought it was (I honestly did) a joke.  A characature.  I speculated on whom the target might be and came to believe tenaj was the butt of it.

I got 'way more laughs out of that thread as what I mistakenly thought was a joke, than I have gotten after I came to realize it isn't (which is still a middling belly laugh or two).

I don't have a problem with LQ's posts here, though I do have them blocked.

When I began this thread I thought I was asking some legitimate questions about the placement of the thread, mostly.  I've seen you move a number of threads from this forum to the Mystical Forum, and I recalled a while back all the discussion about where pick 3 predictions should be, I thought I recalled you saying they belonged on the predictions page, or the Pick 3 page.

But having said that, I can't imagine anyone getting worked up to anything that could be described as even mildly mad about the LQ threads.  The only people I've seen get mad here are wossname, Lorraine?, tenaj and a few names I didn't recognize, mostly folks who joined around March.

I've had a lot of fun with this thread, but anger isn't included among my thoughts about anything that's happened on it, nor toward LQ.

J

Egos don't count.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23273 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2006, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

You'd be surprised at how many people get "hopping mad" at me.  I think someof it is that some people are just looking for someone to direct their anger or bitterness at, and me being the most prominent person here, I tend to get most of it.  One of the reasons I will be making myself less prominent.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23273 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2006, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

BTW, it's funny that a thread about the "Longest running threads on Lottery Discussion" has turned into one of the longest running threads on Lottery Discussion.  Maybe helps people understand how threads become the longest running threads on Lottery Discussion.

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2006, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

You'd be surprised at how many people get "hopping mad" at me.  I think someof it is that some people are just looking for someone to direct their anger or bitterness at, and me being the most prominent person here, I tend to get most of it.  One of the reasons I will be making myself less prominent.

I understand and sympathize.

On the other hand, I hope you won't make yourself too 'less prominent'.

Hang in there, chum

J

Egos don't count.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5123 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

THAKS.......ALL.........and "CHIEF BOTTLE WASHER":::::::

for the ability of Todd to allow and provide the...usa/with LIQUID to EXIST

and air to BREATH on this site....................................................................

PSYKOMOParty   

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                      United States
                      Member #520
                      July 27, 2002
                      5699 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

I'm not going to defend what I've said. The posts are there for all to evaluate and members can come to their own conclusions.

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

I'm not going to defend what I've said. The posts are there for all to evaluate and members can come to their own conclusions.

RickG:

Try thinking of it as I once did.  A joke.

Make anyone you wish the butt of it.

I promise, it's one hell of a lot more fun that way.

I'm going back that way my ownself.  Need a lift?

J

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

this is true (link)

Another example of a photo really adding to a story. From True's 25 June 2006 issue:

Bearcat

Suzanne Giovanetti of West Milford, N.J., was sitting reading when her husband said there was a bear in their back yard. She grabbed her camera and ran out on her deck to find the bear had been treed -- by the neighbor's tabby cat, Jack. After 10-15 minutes the bear finally jumped out of the tree and ran, with Jack in hot pursuit. It escaped by climbing another tree. "He doesn't want anybody in his yard," Jack's owner said. (Newark Star-Ledger) ...Yeah, but the bear doesn't know Jack.

Egos don't count.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2006, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

this is true (link)

Another example of a photo really adding to a story. From True's 25 June 2006 issue:

Bearcat

Suzanne Giovanetti of West Milford, N.J., was sitting reading when her husband said there was a bear in their back yard. She grabbed her camera and ran out on her deck to find the bear had been treed -- by the neighbor's tabby cat, Jack. After 10-15 minutes the bear finally jumped out of the tree and ran, with Jack in hot pursuit. It escaped by climbing another tree. "He doesn't want anybody in his yard," Jack's owner said. (Newark Star-Ledger) ...Yeah, but the bear doesn't know Jack.

I remember reading about this and it's a funny story.

The bear represents the state goverment of NJ and the cat represents the pissed off people of NJ at the voting booth next election.

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: July 6, 2006, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Yep.

Everything represents just about everything else in this funny old life.

I had to get a lot older than I used to be to come to appreciate it.

J

Egos don't count.