Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Paranoid or Prudent?

Topic closed. 90 replies. Last post 9 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
Harbinger
D.C./MD.
United States
Member #44103
July 30, 2006
5583 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2007, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

The nanny nay sayers, who imply the lotteries are rigged, are simply frustrated people that have never won jack, because they simply don't have the patience to learn and then play.  So what do they do?  They come here and tell us the lotteries are rigged, that is all. 

The nanny nay sayers think, by them simply plunking down a couple of bucks they should win a jackpot.  Well nanny nay sayers,  you gotta work and use your brains, learn the games,  and do something other than criticize some minor incidents and then apply that to all the lotteries.

If it was so rigged then how do we know about the boneheads that try to cheat?  If you don't like the lottery don't play.

Here is a second 4 of 5 last week, plus several 3 of 5's.

07_01_07

I don't think the lottery is rigged, definitely not in MD.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31343 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2007, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

The nanny nay sayers, who imply the lotteries are rigged, are simply frustrated people that have never won jack, because they simply don't have the patience to learn and then play.  So what do they do?  They come here and tell us the lotteries are rigged, that is all. 

The nanny nay sayers think, by them simply plunking down a couple of bucks they should win a jackpot.  Well nanny nay sayers,  you gotta work and use your brains, learn the games,  and do something other than criticize some minor incidents and then apply that to all the lotteries.

If it was so rigged then how do we know about the boneheads that try to cheat?  If you don't like the lottery don't play.

Here is a second 4 of 5 last week, plus several 3 of 5's.

07_01_07

I don't think the lottery is rigged, definitely not in MD.

and definitely NOT in ga.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Indiana
      United States
      Member #29196
      December 29, 2005
      280 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2007, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

In my post I documented 8 different states (Colorado, Minnesota, Oregon, North Carolina, Indiana, Florida, Texas and New Jersey) where lottery Directors, high officials or lottery employees...not to mention G-Tech the world's largest lottery vendor...have either resigned, been fired or are under indictment for charges relating to scandal, corruption or other wrong doing in their respective state lotteries.  I believe that 41 states have lotteries.  That means nearly 1 in 5 states have documented cases of wrong doing, scandal or corruption in their lottery.  That equals approximately 19% of the lotteries in the United States.  I hardly think that is insignificent

I also mentioned 3 different countries...Canada (where 2 provincial lotteries Ontario and Atlantic) are under investigation) as well as China and Italy and I forgot to mention India.  Counting the United States that means at least 5 different countries have lottery scandals relating to scandal and corruption as well.

The truth is a preponderance of the evidence shows that a significent number of lottery officials...in many states, provinces and countries are corrupt. 

You condemn me for making generalizations.  The truth is I draw my conclusions from facts.  I'll concede my conclusions may be wrong but my facts are not.  Some lotteries are probably on the up and up.  But clearly...many are not.

On the other hand you automatically assume I am a disgruntled loser.  The truth is you have no idea whatsoever how much I may or may not have won.  So it is you who make sweeping generalizations without facts.  In fact you brush off all of these scadals and automatically assume because you won a few bucks lotteries on the whole are on the up and up.

If any objective person can look at all the information regarding these lottery scandals and not be concerned about the integrity of lotteries in general...then I've got a lottery ticket to sell you!

Jim   

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Indiana
        United States
        Member #29196
        December 29, 2005
        280 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2007, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Oh look!  A Front page Lottery Post news story about New Mexico retailers filing a lawsuit against the New Mexico Lottery for unfair practices!

Hmmmm?   These aren't players.  They're retailers.  How can they be disruntled losers?

That makes 9 states and counting!

Tell me again that all lotteries are on the up and up...PLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE...

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2007, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Yes, and I apologize UncleJim. Please forgive me. Please don't be angry with me. The lotteries are rigged. You are not a loser. Facts are facts.

As far as few bucks go, there isn't enough space on this thread for this past months winners. Let me show you another, this one is a rigged  quick pick.

dc6a

P.S. I don't work for the lottery the lottery works for me.

Happy Fourth of July!

United States
            Member #41846
            June 23, 2006
            459 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2007, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

The original post basically asked does the lotteries monitor what is said and manipulate thier games so you can't win.  They have no reason to even try. they already have rules in place to cut of any number comb whose payout would exceed a set amount.

Are some lottery officials corrupt?  are some members of LP corrupt and try to profit from other peoples work?  are some local elected officials corupt?

The answer of course is YES. There are corrupt people everywhere

None of the corruption examples given were for fixing a game to prevent a win.

I checked out Ky website earlier this evening.  they have a new feature you can see payout on last game and # of winners. what's missing is # of tickets sold.

P8 

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2007, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

The original post basically asked does the lotteries monitor what is said and manipulate thier games so you can't win.  They have no reason to even try. they already have rules in place to cut of any number comb whose payout would exceed a set amount.

Are some lottery officials corrupt?  are some members of LP corrupt and try to profit from other peoples work?  are some local elected officials corupt?

The answer of course is YES. There are corrupt people everywhere

None of the corruption examples given were for fixing a game to prevent a win.

I checked out Ky website earlier this evening.  they have a new feature you can see payout on last game and # of winners. what's missing is # of tickets sold.

P8 

I was with you up until this point you made...

are some members of LP corrupt and try to profit from other peoples work?

People only profit from others willing to have their workout made public. I don't see your point...

Indiana
                United States
                Member #29196
                December 29, 2005
                280 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2007, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

"...because they simply don't have the paitence to learn and then play..."

I suppose knowing when and where to buy a quick pick constitutes learning how to play.  I bet that skill took years of practice to perfect.

And I'm not angry with you.  To the contrary I'm thrilled that you are winning money.  I like to see people win money playing the lottery.  In fact I'd like to see more people win money playing the lottery.  That's my whole point.

People cannot win money when scratch off games are rigged (as the Foreman scandal in Indiana proved) or when Texas and New Mexico lotteries advertise prizes that don't exist. 

You can be as sarcastic as you like but the fact remains...lottery corruption DOES EXIST in some (perhaps many) states.

Jim 

United States
                  Member #53080
                  June 23, 2007
                  26 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2007, 8:57 pm - IP Logged
                  emilyg, from your many post I have seen on lottery post  I can see you are a real sweet person. And a real encourager. Yet, despite your niceness.
                  I walked into a store 3 different occasions and played $5 and the computer gave me back a $20 dollars coupon complements of the lottery! all in a months time. And 1 night 4 numbers right I spent $1 and got 4 right. in the same month.
                  Also 1 night 3 numbers right and also $9 bucks on another night, On all these I think I spent maybe $20 bucks to play! imagine every time you go and play $5 in the lottery the computer kicks you back a twenty $ nice! Sure its nice but thats all a tease! bait! If that continued i would trade in all my Fives for twenties! who wouldnt! I am starting to think I've got the midis touch! everything i touch turn to gold!
                  and guess what?
                  I still think the lottery is rigged, corrupt and the most dishonest people in the entire world!
                  You know what really gets me, lottery post is always posting things on here about corruption in lotteries. yet if someone says the lottery is corrupts they dis. what gives!
                  What are all these made up fabrications of someones imagination or did the stories of corruption i read on lottery post real? did the  really happen?
                  The lottery is corrupt even in small things like Texas forgetting to put one of the balls in the machine for 3 weeks, come on, yeah right! Just things like that tell me something isn't right! Nice monitoring system they have!
                   I do not believe that the lottery should EVER make a MISTAKE EVER! NOT EVEN ONCE EVER! they are like GOD to people who believe in fate and chance! They are not allowed to be HUMAN they have a higher vocation! They must be above being human If they want my trust. They can not make mistakes, I am not forgiving of it!
                  They are not allowed to make a mistake. I know that sounds funny almost saying that a human is not allowed to make a mistake! but you must find some validation in what I am trying to convey don't you?
                   Sometimes peoples lives are at stake, some have committed suicide over losing the lottery! These officials don't take things as serious as they should when they make a mistake either or own up to it like they should, not like a real regretful person would. They sort of water down their apology whenever I read their sorrowful sorries to the public! Simply REEKS with arrogance to me!
                  Imagine if a plane with many lives aboard took off from California and high above the Pacific ocean, the pilot comes over the intercom and says "drats folks sorry I seem to have made a terrible mistake, I knew there was something i forgot, I didn't double check the gas gage before we left, drats! doesn't look as if we have enough fuel to get back to California nor to or destination now! I'm sorry! O well things happen! Thanks for flying the friendly skies folks!!
                  49 balls and they happen to be missing one! I think it was number 49 didn't get in the machine like twice or 3 times! Give me a break!That shows you right there that the game cant be monitored to well with great skill!
                  Shows you right there about their monitoring system they have in place!
                   It was deliberate! or this monitoring that Todd speaks off sure isn't a very good monitoring system.
                  And then WE the public are suppose to just accept it! It isn't that I am frustrated. I am not really that concerned about winning! Its that I am tired of cheaters! And stupid lies! And vain apologies! doesn't anyone see I am on your side here!
                  And what about all the corruption that was just mention in the previous post ? What are we all in denial are something? Deluded because all we can think about is that JACKPOT!

I mean its really scAry how even to mention the word JACKPOT! can get some people in a frenzy

JACKPOT JACKPOT JACKPOT!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                  Its like we put our brains on off when we hear it!
                  PLEASE!
                  JACKPOT!
                   These people have been involved in corruption way back since the Philadelphia rigged lottery pick 3 when they rigged the balls to come up 666 and I think even the TV anchor man and host were involved in it!
                  emilyg I am glad you won but it makes no difference to me one bit!
                  I've got a whole drawer full.
                    Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

I've heard that one a thousand time too.  "They'll get rid of the game if we talk about how we beat it."  They'll get rid of Pick 3 or Pick 4??  Do you honestly believe that?  They are the staple of the lottery industry.

All the theorizing about "the mysterious lottery people" snooping around to see what systems people are using so they can defeat them is pure fantasy.  I guess you can call that my opinion, but I've also had enough experience dealing with the lotteries to feel that I am on solid footing.

If the lotteries look at a system posted, I'm sure they do so with inquisitive interest, not some nefarious plot to stop someone.  If you operatred a lottery, wouldn't you personally want to go around seeing what people were saying about it?

I really doubt that anyone will ever "crack the code" for P3 and P4, because there is no code.  The best you can do is develope systems that either work well for a period of time and then go to sleep, only to come back again later at some time....or use statistics in ways that help reduce the odds that are against you.  In the end, though, ....well.....I think my signature says it.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #29196
                      December 29, 2005
                      280 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2007, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

@phileight:

I would encourage you to do a bit of research on scandals yourself.  I didn't go into great detail because of time and space.  To address your point...you are at least partially correct...none of the scandals I mentioned were directly related to blocking numbers so no one would win.  However...

1. In the Foreman scandal in Indiana the game was rigged so that friends of Mr. Foreman (a Hoosier Lottery Security Guard) would purchase the winning ticket.  By default that means somebody else...presumably an honest player could not win.

2. In one of the many Texas scandals scratch off prizes were advertised that simply didn't exist.  IMHO advertising a prize that doesn't exist is the same as rigging the game.

3. The same is alleged to be true in the newly reported New Mexico scratch lawsuit.

4.  In the Canada scandals it is alleged that retailers, lottery employees and relatives of lottery employees won an inordinate amount of prizes that they were not entitled to.  That seems like rigging to me

5. In Italy the game was rigged.

And once again my point it is...if someone has a propensity for dishonesty...as many lottery officials have been shown to have...who and what is to say they haven't rigged the game? 

Jim 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23260 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2007, 9:11 pm - IP Logged
                        emilyg, from your many post I have seen on lottery post  I can see you are a real sweet person. And a real encourager. Yet, despite your niceness.
                        I walked into a store 3 different occasions and played $5 and the computer gave me back a $20 dollars coupon complements of the lottery! all in a months time. And 1 night 4 numbers right I spent $1 and got 4 right. in the same month.
                        Also 1 night 3 numbers right and also $9 bucks on another night, On all these I think I spent maybe $20 bucks to play! imagine every time you go and play $5 in the lottery the computer kicks you back a twenty $ nice! Sure its nice but thats all a tease! bait! If that continued i would trade in all my Fives for twenties! who wouldnt! I am starting to think I've got the midis touch! everything i touch turn to gold!
                        and guess what?
                        I still think the lottery is rigged, corrupt and the most dishonest people in the entire world!
                        You know what really gets me, lottery post is always posting things on here about corruption in lotteries. yet if someone says the lottery is corrupts they dis. what gives!
                        What are all these made up fabrications of someones imagination or did the stories of corruption i read on lottery post real? did the  really happen?
                        The lottery is corrupt even in small things like Texas forgetting to put one of the balls in the machine for 3 weeks, come on, yeah right! Just things like that tell me something isn't right! Nice monitoring system they have!
                         I do not believe that the lottery should EVER make a MISTAKE EVER! NOT EVEN ONCE EVER! they are like GOD to people who believe in fate and chance! They are not allowed to be HUMAN they have a higher vocation! They must be above being human If they want my trust. They can not make mistakes, I am not forgiving of it!
                        They are not allowed to make a mistake. I know that sounds funny almost saying that a human is not allowed to make a mistake! but you must find some validation in what I am trying to convey don't you?
                         Sometimes peoples lives are at stake, some have committed suicide over losing the lottery! These officials don't take things as serious as they should when they make a mistake either or own up to it like they should, not like a real regretful person would. They sort of water down their apology whenever I read their sorrowful sorries to the public! Simply REEKS with arrogance to me!
                        Imagine if a plane with many lives aboard took off from California and high above the Pacific ocean, the pilot comes over the intercom and says "drats folks sorry I seem to have made a terrible mistake, I knew there was something i forgot, I didn't double check the gas gage before we left, drats! doesn't look as if we have enough fuel to get back to California nor to or destination now! I'm sorry! O well things happen! Thanks for flying the friendly skies folks!!
                        49 balls and they happen to be missing one! I think it was number 49 didn't get in the machine like twice or 3 times! Give me a break!That shows you right there that the game cant be monitored to well with great skill!
                         It was deliberate! or this monitoring that Todd speaks off sure isn't a very good monitoring system.
                        And then WE the public are suppose to just accept it! It isn't that I am frustrated. I am not really that concerned about winning! Its that I am tired of cheaters! And stupid lies! And vain apologies! doesn't anyone see I am on your side here!
                        And what about all the corruption that was just mention in the previous post ? What are we all in denial are something? Deluded because all we can think about is that JACKPOT!

I mean its really scAry how even to mention the word JACKPOT! can get some people in a frenzy

PLEASE!
                        JACKPOT!
                         These people have been involved in corruption way back since the Philadelphia rigged lottery pick 3 when they rigged the balls to come up 666 and I think even the TV anchor man and host were involved in it!

Rubblehead,

I don't think you'll like Lottery Post very much.  It's made for people who enjoy playing the lottery.  The members who post here are generally people who enjoy playing the lottery.  May I suggest you find a forum that specializes in complaining about things?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                          Member #14
                          November 9, 2001
                          31343 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2007, 9:14 pm - IP Logged
                          and guess what?

PLEASE!
                          JACKPOT!

What gives?  We're having a discussion and expressing out thoughts.

Comparing a plane full of people with a lottery drawing is insane.

Do you have me confused with someone else?  Nowhere on this post did I say I'm winning. 

What games do you play?

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: July 3, 2007, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I really doubt that anyone will ever "crack the code" for P3 and P4, because there is no code.  The best you can do is develope systems that either work well for a period of time and then go to sleep, only to come back again later at some time....or use statistics in ways that help reduce the odds that are against you.  In the end, though, ....well.....I think my signature says it.

There's a code to everything that involves energy and motion. And everything in between. And it can be broken.

Just because we can't solve the code at the present time doesen't mean it doesen't exist. It's just our temporary inabilty to find an answer to this enigma. Maybe one day...lol

How crazy would have you looked if you had a time machine and went back a thousand years telling everyday folk about the internet? That's sort of breaking the code. An invention that blew the minds of the masses...! Right?

They would have strung you up and burned you calling you a witch...

Even if you explained it to them, they'd have you whipped...lol

If anyone remembers anything in life..remember this...

Life has no end product. It's one continuos learning process, a cascade of info showering on me like the Holy Ghost shed a special light.

Just joking. There really wasn't any ghosts at all....LOL

Harbinger
                              D.C./MD.
                              United States
                              Member #44103
                              July 30, 2006
                              5583 Posts
                              Posted: July 3, 2007, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

"...because they simply don't have the paitence to learn and then play..."

I suppose knowing when and where to buy a quick pick constitutes learning how to play.  I bet that skill took years of practice to perfect.

And I'm not angry with you.  To the contrary I'm thrilled that you are winning money.  I like to see people win money playing the lottery.  In fact I'd like to see more people win money playing the lottery.  That's my whole point.

People cannot win money when scratch off games are rigged (as the Foreman scandal in Indiana proved) or when Texas and New Mexico lotteries advertise prizes that don't exist. 

You can be as sarcastic as you like but the fact remains...lottery corruption DOES EXIST in some (perhaps many) states.

Jim 

Hey Uncle Jim, that 5 of 6 Quick Pick was free look at it closely, it is a promotion they had this month buy 3 get one free.  I don't QP.  But I  my point was that they didn't have to give me a ticket, much less a 5 of 6. DC is computer drawn.

As far as skill goes, that was kinda of an uninformed not factually correct statement, double check your facts. A picture is worth a thousand words.

We all know that  judges, police, doctors, etc.  can be  corrupt, human nature. But sooner or later it will catch up to them and as far as the lottery goes, it is like anything else, people are involved.  Some people think they can get away with crime, eventually it will catch up with them. There are too many checks and balances, if a game stinks or the odds are bad I don't play it and you shouldn't either.