Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Paranoid or Prudent?

Topic closed. 90 replies. Last post 9 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2007, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I think you're giving "rubblehead" way too much credit.  I think he's just one of those people constantly looking over his shoulder for the aliens that are about to snatch him away.  My bet is that he will never contribute in a positive way to any thread on the the forums.  Any takers?

...lool...but when you got to the Alien part.....well....I just don't know for sure.

I simply can't believe that we are the only animated objects in the universe. Surely there must be more....?....and don't call me shirley...lol

Just snatching humans away at an alarming rate....lol

The vast numbers of galaxies assures a wide variety of picks....lol

And the Aliens have their first pick of the litter....lol

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1955 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2007, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

I think you're giving "rubblehead" way too much credit.  I think he's just one of those people constantly looking over his shoulder for the aliens that are about to snatch him away.  My bet is that he will never contribute in a positive way to any thread on the the forums.  Any takers?

You're right. I just read his response to this thread:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/158551/857763

It reads:

The guy at the store works with the lottery commision!

The clerk at the store called in and suggested we let this guy win!

The lottery was monitoring the store by camera and video taped the whole episode thats why he won!

Someone in the line worked or knew someone at the lottery office and called on their cell phone and said let the guy win!

?

I could think of twenty more reasons.

Probably dumb luck or justice!

This guy is definitely not here to contribute.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
      Member #53080
      June 23, 2007
      26 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2007, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I contibute more than you know.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23277 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2007, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

I contibute more than you know.

If you search the 7+ years of archives here, you will see many people who have posted similar negative statements about the lottery.  I don't see anything you have posted that has not been posted before.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
          Member #24380
          October 21, 2005
          623 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:33 am - IP Logged

P r u d e n t !!!

United States
            Member #24380
            October 21, 2005
            623 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:37 am - IP Logged

Look let me put it to you straight! I am not here to win points, I am not here to make friends, nor kiss up to Todd. He has a great site.

Nor am I here to put anyone down. I simply speak my mind. I do not care if you made 10 mil dollars last year or 10 dollars. Your wit or wisdom or stupidity or foolishness belongs to you individually, unless you stole it from someone. In that case I am not concerned if you are a thief or liar or a complete lunitic.

I have my beliefs about the organization and you have yours. My belief is the lottery is rigged and has always been rigged. It is a corrupt organization, that sells dreams to the american public and the world, gypsies selling a brew a magic potion call JACKPOT!

The Question is, will anyone ever bust them, No! And this is the reason they are not afraid of jail. Barretta said it best. Dont do the crime if you cant do the time! Dont do it! The song said it at least!

They have determined they can do the time.

Because you can not prove the lottery organization is rigged or honest does not mean that it isnt. No one has proven that it is honest and no one has proven that it is rigged.

It is my belief that it is rigged! And in my opinion I see their dirty fingerprints left everywhere.

I see it in the way the market themselves to the public, just like a criminal would, I see it in the way they talk to you when you call them on the phone, arogant people they are.

I am not talking about the employees they have dupped. They simply work there and man the phones. I am talking about those who run it. 

Who monitors those who monitors them?  And then who are their monitors?

In otherwords to simply say the lottery is an honest bunch and that it is monitored proves nothing to me. Or NIXON!

Of course its monitored, would in the public allows a state to run a lottery if it wasnt?

A better way of sayig it would be..

WE HAVE OUR MONITORS. Not we are monitored!

And to say that because it is monitored that alone makes it honest  somehow, is the same as saying because there are police and cops and fbi amd cia the criminal isnt going to commit crime anymore! RIGHT! sure! Ok you belief that if you want too.

The criminal simply finds another way around the police and fbi and cia they always have. And always will.

AND rememeber this above all things! THE CRIMINAL NEVER THINKS HE"S GOING TO GET BUSTED! he always thinks he's outsmarting everyone, and the longer he gets away with something the bigger that EGO becomes. This is why they are so arragant. 

I am not trying to make this topic into something geared toward what I believe. I feel what I say is just as much a needed part of this discussiona s the rest of everything else said. I do not believe it should continue and become all one sided because i feel the lottery is corrupt. I always have believed that!

I am simply saying I believe that the lottery is corrupt and always has been!

Since when can a person assure he makes a profit at the end of the day in a RANDOM event unless he riggs it in his favor. The house has got to win more than the player. If that is fixing a machine to pay off every 18th pull or having no one win the jackpot till it gets to a certain level.

The lottery has nothing to do with being random if it is not played with the traditional balls. It is all shrouded in secrecy. if it were honest why not have it in the street in the middle of town!

Hmmmmnnnn.  I get your point.

United States
              Member #24380
              October 21, 2005
              623 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:40 am - IP Logged

Awesome!

I've been acused by a few people in the past of "working with the lotteries" because sometimes I stick up for them, but in reality I just like to use common sense.  The lottery is not an evil empire or something.  They're just a group of people running some games, and they need to be sure that they make a profit at the end of the day.  Thinking that they would commit fraud to achieve would take an enormous leap in logic.

I would keep my game strategy to a closed group @ LP if I could, otherwise, I do believe that the winnings would STOP.  If I were the business people that the Lotto Folks obviously are, I would not want to be in the red! because too many people were beating the odds.

United States
                Member #51688
                April 19, 2007
                200 Posts
                Posted: July 12, 2007, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

I would like to ask a question about one thing you said:

Then I read a disturbing post suggesting that Lottery offivcials post as members on forums like these and  basically try to stay ahead of any systems that appears to generate consistent wins.

How exactly does a lottery official "stay ahead" of a system?  Are you saying that they go into the back room and make the games more random?  Like spinning the balls around the drum a few extra times? 

The reason I don't subscribe to these conspiracy theories is they never really give any specifics about how a lottery official would "cheat" (which in itself would be pretty stupid of them, as they would go to jail once caught.)

The only theories that make sense are when people talk about hacking into a computerized drawing system, which I think would be difficult, but not impossible.  But blanket statements in which people subscribe to theories of lottery officials monitoring the forums to learn about systems goes beyond my credibility level.

Todd  ,  I f  lottery  officials changed  the  Balls  which  they  do  and  hd  different  machines  which  drew  the  balls  that  would  keep  them  legal  but  hurt  our  chances  of  winning;

In  New  york  I  think  they change  pick  3  and  pick  4 game  balls  every  15  days  and  have  4  sets  each  of  balls ;

the  cash  5  and  pick  10  games  are  changed  about  1  each  month;

that  would  alter  the  results  of  any  system;

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23277 Posts
                  Posted: July 13, 2007, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Todd  ,  I f  lottery  officials changed  the  Balls  which  they  do  and  hd  different  machines  which  drew  the  balls  that  would  keep  them  legal  but  hurt  our  chances  of  winning;

In  New  york  I  think  they change  pick  3  and  pick  4 game  balls  every  15  days  and  have  4  sets  each  of  balls ;

the  cash  5  and  pick  10  games  are  changed  about  1  each  month;

that  would  alter  the  results  of  any  system;

So you think a set of lottery balls is different?  As far as I know (and have seen) they are carefully weighed and measured to all be the same.  That's why they're so expensive.  I do not believe changing them out will change anything on your end.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5124 Posts
                    Posted: July 13, 2007, 12:44 am - IP Logged

So you think a set of lottery balls is different?  As far as I know (and have seen) they are carefully weighed and measured to all be the same.  That's why they're so expensive.  I do not believe changing them out will change anything on your end.

DOOR.......just oil....UR own HINGE'ssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ....lean on Todd to police the....LOTTERY !!!!!!!!!

Don't you like Todd &>>>>>>>>>>>> Miss NJ.....too?????????????????

Congrat's>>>> Ms NJ...Party(YOU ROCK) !!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8366 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2007, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Here are a couple lottery product makers in the USA.

i have done work for Garron and worked with a few guys who worked for them. In the old days the ball making process was crude at best but today they are made to exacting standards and are of the highest quality.

These companies make the pick 3/4 and some match 5 balls and equipment.

i am not sure who makes the equipment and balls for the mega million and powerball. These ball are a different size and made from some kind of rubberized material. I'm sure they are made to the same exacting standards used in the manufacturing processes.

Kingston, Ontario
                        Canada
                        Member #46867
                        October 5, 2006
                        106 Posts
                        Posted: July 13, 2007, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Amen !  I totally agree Todd, I have sat in on too many lottery draws to know that nothing but luck alone can make a ticket a winner.  It's what gets me angst all the time, hearing people who think there are spies or an infiltrator trying to purposely overthrow the draw.  :)    It's the ODDS only that are against you, nothing else.  Although you can improve your chances with a system, you always have a bunch of other numbers in the way of it.   

I often get asked if I am a lottery official as I know a lot of behind the scenes stuff and the people here who do the draws.  I am not an official, would love to be some day.  However I have unloaded a lottery machine once and own my own set of lottery balls--does that count ?    To answer the question, it's paranoia ... All the way ...For Sure ~!

SIDENOTE:  In some countries they do have the lottery draw in the middle of the street for the public to witness. 

"Together We're Making Good Things Happen,  Ontario's Lotteries...WE ALL WIN"

Kingston, Ontario
                          Canada
                          Member #46867
                          October 5, 2006
                          106 Posts
                          Posted: July 13, 2007, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks for posting about Garron Plastic Inc.    They are also a wholesaler as well for Ryo-Catteau, who have a lottery manufacturing website.  The two manufactureres in the USA are Smartplay and Beitel, who probably make the equipment for Powerball.  In Canada, most lotteries with the exception of Loto-Quebec use Ryo-Catteau.     A set of 1-49 balls at Ryo-Catteau is about 13,000 $$ CDN.  A machine is about $90.000 CDN. 

"Together We're Making Good Things Happen,  Ontario's Lotteries...WE ALL WIN"

United States
                            Member #51688
                            April 19, 2007
                            200 Posts
                            Posted: July 13, 2007, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Todd  thanks  for  the  input....but  ...if  changing the  Balls  did  not  change  the  output  then  their  would  be  little  point  in  changing  them....(2) there  are  no  exact  duplicates  and  (3)

How often are the ballsets changed?
                            For Lotto there are three sets of ballsets and are changed every three months. For Take Five and Pick 10 there are also three ballsets and they are changed every two months.  Numbers and Win 4 are changed every month (both the midday and evening sets). 
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23277 Posts
                              Posted: July 13, 2007, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Todd  thanks  for  the  input....but  ...if  changing the  Balls  did  not  change  the  output  then  their  would  be  little  point  in  changing  them....(2) there  are  no  exact  duplicates  and  (3)

How often are the ballsets changed?
                              For Lotto there are three sets of ballsets and are changed every three months. For Take Five and Pick 10 there are also three ballsets and they are changed every two months.  Numbers and Win 4 are changed every month (both the midday and evening sets). 

The reason they change them is to make sure they are not worn down -- and hence "different".  They should not wait until they are worn down before replacing them.

After decades of measuring how long lottery balls last, they can pretty accurately predict how long they can wait before replacing them.

Ideally, states would replace them before there is any difference.  Whether that happens or not is another story.