Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to Be Lucky

Topic closed. 95 replies. Last post 9 years ago by irondoor827.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2007, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Luck determines the cards you are dealt. Knowledge and skill determines how you play them. A lucky person finds a way to use his abilities to come out ahead. This is true in lottery games and is also a factor in the game of life.

We all know someone who is extremely lucky. Think of the luckiest person you know. You will find that person is usually happy, outgoing and upbeat. They know how to make the best of any situation. On the other hand think about someone you know who always seems to have bad luck. Do they complain and gripe all the time? The "Lucky" person is usually the one with the positive attitude. Look at the chart below. Compare these traits and see how many fit your personality.

Personality Traits:
Lucky---------Unlucky
Optimistic----Pessimistic
Confident-----Unsure
Happy---------Grumpy
Generous------Miserly
Outgoing------Introverted
Contented-----Complains

It's just possible that your attitude can change your luck. We've all heard the saying, "When life deals you lemons, Learn how to make lemonade". The person that turns an adverse situation into an advantages one is sometimes looked upon as being lucky, when it was actually their attitude that brought about the luck.

Here is a little exercise you can do to try and change your attitude and your luck. When you get up in the morning think about one of luckiest things that has happened to you in your life. Maybe it was meeting that special person in you life or finding a hot stock that tripled over night. Perhaps it was that one time you were in "the right place at the right time". Keep the thought of that event in the back of your mind. During the day if things don't go exactly right think back on your past good fortune and don't get discouraged.

Luck Favors the Prepared Mind!

I bit*h and moan all the time, yet i won 500 bucks six days ago.

Go figure?

United States
    Member #51688
    April 19, 2007
    200 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2007, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

Luck determines the cards you are dealt. Knowledge and skill determines how you play them. A lucky person finds a way to use his abilities to come out ahead. This is true in lottery games and is also a factor in the game of life.

We all know someone who is extremely lucky. Think of the luckiest person you know. You will find that person is usually happy, outgoing and upbeat. They know how to make the best of any situation. On the other hand think about someone you know who always seems to have bad luck. Do they complain and gripe all the time? The "Lucky" person is usually the one with the positive attitude. Look at the chart below. Compare these traits and see how many fit your personality.

Personality Traits:
    Lucky---------Unlucky
    Confident-----Unsure
    Happy---------Grumpy
    Generous------Miserly
    Contented-----Complains

It's just possible that your attitude can change your luck. We've all heard the saying, "When life deals you lemons, Learn how to make lemonade". The person that turns an adverse situation into an advantages one is sometimes looked upon as being lucky, when it was actually their attitude that brought about the luck.

Here is a little exercise you can do to try and change your attitude and your luck. When you get up in the morning think about one of luckiest things that has happened to you in your life. Maybe it was meeting that special person in you life or finding a hot stock that tripled over night. Perhaps it was that one time you were in "the right place at the right time". Keep the thought of that event in the back of your mind. During the day if things don't go exactly right think back on your past good fortune and don't get discouraged.

BEST  SUGGESTION  I  HAVE  SEEN  YET  !!!!!

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49699 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2007, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Raven - along with your link - there are certain  characteristics:

Lucky - optomistic, confident, happy, generous, outgoing, contented

Unlucky - Pessimistic, unsure, grumpy, miserly, introverted, complains.

Thanks for the link Raven.          Lovies

You're Welcome!

Hope you enjoyed the article.

Best of Luck,

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
        Member #51688
        April 19, 2007
        200 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2007, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Personality Traits:
        Lucky---------Unlucky
        Confident-----Unsure
        Happy---------Grumpy
        Generous------Miserly
        Contented-----Complains

Before she took part, she had to cope with five deaths of friends, relatives and pets in close succession.

She was prone to accidents and unhappy in her personal life.

But since the luck school, she says she has started winning regularly at bingo and on the National Lottery, and been able to have a more positive outlook on life.

She told the BBC: "Before, bad luck never came in threes, it came in nines, 12s or 15s.

"Now, if something bad happens, I think of it as good luck, as it could have been worse.

"It's being positive about everything you do, rather than looking for bad luck to come your way."

United States
          Member #51688
          April 19, 2007
          200 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2007, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

WRONG ,  I've been very lucky in life, and still believe it's mostly

Math.  Wheel Wheel  & Wheel , you'll hit sooner or later. 

sector  How  have  you  been  lucky  tell  me  what  happend  and  what  were  you  thinking  when  it  happened ;

give  me  some  ways  to  be  lucky !!!

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49699 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2007, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Can I Really be Lucky?

Yes, you can be lucky, here's how!

1. Know what you want!
            2. Let everyone know what you want!
            3. If at first you don't succeed, then try, try and try again, and then give up and do something else!
            4. Be a lifelong learner!
            5. Trust your intuition!
            6. Believe you will succeed!

The Full Story

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
              Member #51688
              April 19, 2007
              200 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2007, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Can I Really be Lucky?

1. Know what you want!
              3. If at first you don't succeed, then try, try and try again, and then give up and do something else!
              5. Trust your intuition!

The Full Story

GREAT  ....NOW  ANYONE  CAN  BE  A  WINNER   because  this  is    POSITIVE  INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;Party

Westerose
                Canada
                Member #52915
                June 15, 2007
                189 Posts
                Posted: July 11, 2007, 1:18 am - IP Logged

I would suggest this.....

First off start making a list of all the goods things that happen in your life on a daily basis....

IE you meet a cool person write that down.

you find a penny write that down.

you win 5 or 10 dollars or even a free ticket in the lottery write that down.

Your child gets a really good grade in school write that down.

that is a step in showing a conscious gratitude to God, The Universe, The Source whatever is in your belief system. You show gratitude for what is done for you and then you attract more good things.

So often people focus on what they do for others or will do for others if the say win the lottery or something. IE Stop listing off all the people you will help if you win the lottery that does nothing in attracting a lottery win to you in fact it may detract you from getting one because you are focusing on giving instead of recieving. You are focusing on what you have done or have done for others instead of being grateful for what has been done for you or given to you.  If you do give some or part of your winnings later that is okay just don't focus on it as a way of thinking because you would do such a thing that you are somehow entitled to win. It doesn't work that way. That is not how attraction works. You mentally focus on giving then you end up giving more if you mentally focusing on recieving you recieve more.  Once you do good or give to others immeadiately forget that you have done the good thing. Don't bask in the glory of a good deed. Instead reflect on all that has been given to you or done for you. LIVE IN CONSTANT GRATITUDE!!!

Next set a goal of what you want.  What are your dreams. How much will they cost. Be very detailed in your list writing down your dreams and what they would cost if they are ones that involve money and most likely in regards to winning the lottery they will involve money.

Writing them down is very important as it is a way of focusing on those dreams.

You can try putting keywords around your house or apartment. such as "Luck, Winner, Abundance, Destiny," or phrases such as "Positive Cash Flow Increase" or any others you can think of. Just make sure they are direct to the point and positive.

This next one is very hard in regards to winning the lottery for some people.  Be happy for others who win even if it is a jackpot you are playing for.  Remember that the jackpot will grow again and then you will have your chance.

There is abundance in the universe and enough for all of us to live our dreams.

Main thing is keep believing you are lucky. Keep staying it to yourself no matter what happens...

Want everyone to win. But focus on your own win.

I want to win my jackpot. I also want all of you to win your jackpot.  We can all win.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

United States
                  Member #51688
                  April 19, 2007
                  200 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:10 am - IP Logged

You can try putting keywords around your house or apartment. such as "Luck, Winner, Abundance, Destiny," or phrases such as "Positive Cash Flow Increase" or any others you can think of. Just make sure they are direct to the point and positive.

I  used  to  do  this  and  sure  enough I  was  extreamly  positve  and  lucky  must  have  gotten  sidetracked  somewhere  in  my  life

this  information  is  GREAT  ...THANK  YOU 

MANZAPLAN  ...I  plan  to  do  just  what  you  suggested  ;You can try putting keywords around your house or apartment. such as "Luck, Winner, Abundance, Destiny

Everyone  on  this  post  should  try  that  it  realy  works ;

great  suggestion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1Group Hug

Westerose
                    Canada
                    Member #52915
                    June 15, 2007
                    189 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:28 am - IP Logged

I  used  to  do  this  and  sure  enough I  was  extreamly  positve  and  lucky  must  have  gotten  sidetracked  somewhere  in  my  life

this  information  is  GREAT  ...THANK  YOU 

MANZAPLAN  ...I  plan  to  do  just  what  you  suggested  ;You can try putting keywords around your house or apartment. such as "Luck, Winner, Abundance, Destiny

Everyone  on  this  post  should  try  that  it  realy  works ;

great  suggestion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1Group Hug

Thank You and Much Luck to you on your Winning. :)

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:40 am - IP Logged
                      Napoleon Hill has a book Think and Grow Rich he sites many steps to reach success.
                      There are references to thinking positive.
                      having a pure heart, a healthy mind and body.
                      Persistence.

A old guy i used to work with says everybody has 15 minutes of luck every day. You might not realize it or even know your having a lucky episode but if you think real hard about it during the day you will experience it.
                      Examples are
                      There is a hot cup of coffee on your desk you swipe it by accident and before it falls into you lap you catch it.
                      Everyone that drives has had their share of luck by having a near accident. But didn't get struck or strike another vehicle or person.
                      You walk into a place and play 3 numbers in keno for 1 game those three numbers come out you play another three numbers and those numbers come out you play another three numbers and they come out also. You just had about 10 minutes of luck. All of the sudden you play multiple numbers in keno and start losing time's up. your luck is used up for the day.
                      There are all kinds of examples of this you just have to tap into it.

United States
                        Member #51688
                        April 19, 2007
                        200 Posts
                        Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Can I Really be Lucky?

1. Know what you want!
                        5. Trust your intuition!

The Full Story

The Millionaire Mindset

1) Create Winning Business Ideas - enter a creative space within your mind where the money-making ideas will flow like molten gold.
                        2) Create Real Business Passion - generate a powerful deep unconscious drive for your business idea that will propel you forward.
                        3) Build Unshakeable Self Belief - every successful entrepreneur has solid self confidence and self belief. Build yours so you can beat the nay-sayers and weather the storms with ease.

4) Generate Laser Focus - you don't get to the top by drifting off and thinking about other things. Get the full power of your unconscious mind behind your goal.

5) Develop an Unstoppable Work Ethic - anyone who tells you becoming a millionaire is not hard work has never done it.

6) Create Unbeatable Optimism - as you travel your business path, you will come up against obstacles. There will be times when you wonder if you should give up.

Westerose
                          Canada
                          Member #52915
                          June 15, 2007
                          189 Posts
                          Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:50 am - IP Logged

creating our own reality is within our grasp. Everyone can do it.

Main thing to realize is that me gaining doesn't mean that you won't gain and that you gaining doesn't mean that I won't gain.

There is enough abundance for everyone. Our minds can create this abundance.  We can think the problems of this world away. We can do this by small steps we take in our own lives and minds. We are not responsible for the negative thoughts of others who keep themselves down. We are only responsible for our own mind. By changing our thoughts to positive ones that attract all matter of abundance in our lives.... be it love, health, wealth... then by this we make the world better as a whole.

When you begin to start to understand this then mysteriously you will begin to see more abundance and more luck in your own life. You can begin to sense this now! :)

United States
                            Member #51688
                            April 19, 2007
                            200 Posts
                            Posted: July 11, 2007, 8:53 am - IP Logged

creating our own reality is within our grasp. Everyone can do it.

Main thing to realize is that me gaining doesn't mean that you won't gain and that you gaining doesn't mean that I won't gain.

There is enough abundance for everyone. Our minds can create this abundance.  We can think the problems of this world away. We can do this by small steps we take in our own lives and minds. We are not responsible for the negative thoughts of others who keep themselves down. We are only responsible for our own mind. By changing our thoughts to positive ones that attract all matter of abundance in our lives.... be it love, health, wealth... then by this we make the world better as a whole.

When you begin to start to understand this then mysteriously you will begin to see more abundance and more luck in your own life. You can begin to sense this now! :)

THICoolS  IS  KOOL  STUFF  !!!!Party

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                              Member #19043
                              July 24, 2005
                              7378 Posts
                              Posted: July 11, 2007, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Irondoor827,i always speak for myself and explain my self very well last eve i was not negative ,i was very respectful of you,it is unfair that you bash me because of my comment,it was my in put ,when you explained yourself later i myself told you that you had taken what i said out of context and now you are saying things that you could have pm to me and not try to embrass me  i am not hogging your thread as you have stated ?never that's not my style as i stated last eve no more said it's over,I mean it's sad that you take an innocent person and put my name on this board as if i was causing you a problem,i am sad that all of this happened,Goodbye Irondoor i hope you find what you are looking for!   Delores247