Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to Be Lucky

Topic closed. 95 replies. Last post 9 years ago by irondoor827.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #51688
April 19, 2007
200 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Irondoor827,i always speak for myself and explain my self very well last eve i was not negative ,i was very respectful of you,it is unfair that you bash me because of my comment,it was my in put ,when you explained yourself later i myself told you that you had taken what i said out of context and now you are saying things that you could have pm to me and not try to embrass me  i am not hogging your thread as you have stated ?never that's not my style as i stated last eve no more said it's over,I mean it's sad that you take an innocent person and put my name on this board as if i was causing you a problem,i am sad that all of this happened,Goodbye Irondoor i hope you find what you are looking for!   Delores247

well  lets  review  what  you  did  say  Delores  far be  it  from  me  I  was  unfair  and  hurt  innocent  people ;

statement  one :;your  best  answer;Rules,Respect and appreciate the Laws of the number world,Study your all states results chart because this is where you can build a powerful hot list,,Then buy your Tickets and Wait your Turn; it will come,,,,,Delores247 (orginal in 18pt. writting)

statement 2:

Irondoor i disagree,i don't think believing that you are lucky or not determines your Luck or the dreams we have and another thing are you Testing?I Think you had made up your mind when you asked LP,what's up with that?And by the way eventhough i think i am not lucky i still win so i say anyone can win just don't count on it,by that i mean i would not put the mortage payment on a number,goodluck,,,,delores247

statement 03

MY!MY!,I am not the enemy here so don't treat me like one,and for the record i was not causing any drama,An opinion is an answer What is yours ?other than an opinion,Over the time i have played in Texas,Yes i have made a profit and i didnot win everyday,I thought this thread was about luck and not about my win in Texas,I didnot disrespect you i just told how i saw it or i gave my input and if that is not what you were looking for then it is all good, case closed

I see it now Irondoor as long as they don't disagree with you,And by the way Mr i am wearing RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me if i don't wish you a very pleasant Day,Delores247

statement 04

Oh Yes i looked it up and i am not that type of person ,i just hate for you to disk the numbers and you are the one who said it was not about opinions,The lottery is no exact science,The only certianty here is there is no certianty,And i still stick to the rules of respecting the Laws of the number world and you will go far money wise$$$$$,I am still angry with you irondoor,I'll get a cold drink so i can cool off,I don't like being mean to people unlike yourself,,,,Delores247

statement 05

Irondoor827 This is not a court of Law,What are you doing?No one is on Trial,get a grip and behave yourself ;you are the one who needs to check yourself before judging whose complaining,I can easily answer this for you,You are the person whose complaining,Everyone here is only doing what you asked and for the record i am not angry,i am very calm and i am not Dangerous as you accused me of being,That is another prejudgment,you owe this panel an apology shame on you!!!!!

statement  06

Okay irondoor blame yourself for this one

STep 1,Always agree with irondoor

Step 2 buy all books pretaining to the Luck factor or just ask irondoor first which will be the best

Step3,never ever wear Red like i did  while misunderstanding Irondoor

Step4 stick to the lottery and stay out of threads like this one,The End,,,,,,Delores247

statement 07

Irondoor just forget my input and no more has to be said,i came here today to give an input that's all and it was all blown out of context,if i misunderstood your Thread,i am sorry,but you misunderstood my intentions also,,,,,,I remember something the elders use to tell the young people "never go to bed with a heavy heart",now i know what that means ;Goodnight everyone,,,,Delores247

statement 08

Irondoor827,i always speak for myself and explain my self very well last eve i was not negative ,i was very respectful of you,it is unfair that you bash me because of my comment,it was my in put ,when you explained yourself later i myself told you that you had taken what i said out of context and now you are saying things that you could have pm to me and not try to embrass me  i am not hogging your thread as you have stated ?never that's not my style as i stated last eve no more said it's over,I mean it's sad that you take an innocent person and put my name on this board as if i was causing you a problem,i am sad that all of this happened,Goodbye Irondoor i hope you find what you are looking for!   Delores247

DELORES  NOW  THAT  ALL  OF  YOUR  COMMENTS  ARE  BEFORE  YOU  -do  you  think  somewhere  HOW  I COULD  HAVE  BELIEVED -  you  hogged  the  board just  a  little  and  only  your  first  answer  which  was  fine  was  on  topic ;

And  rememember  there  was  another  individual  who  was  also  doing  the  same thing  and  no  one  wanted  me  to  have  a  post ,so  I  think  you  wanted  only  to  kill  the  post ....if  that  is  not  the  case  ... I AM  SORRY.....  BUT  YOU  are  always  welcome  to  say  something  ,it  just  not  a  debate.    its  an  instructional  format  on  how  to  be  lucky  ....read  the  positive  comments  made  since  yesterday ; thosee  are  the  things  I  was  looking  for  but  if  you  had  8  coments  and  the  other  person  made  aprox 12-16  ...who  had  time  to  read  the  positive ???/

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
    Member #19043
    July 24, 2005
    7378 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

well  lets  review  what  you  did  say  Delores  far be  it  from  me  I  was  unfair  and  hurt  innocent  people ;

statement  one :;your  best  answer;Rules,Respect and appreciate the Laws of the number world,Study your all states results chart because this is where you can build a powerful hot list,,Then buy your Tickets and Wait your Turn; it will come,,,,,Delores247 (orginal in 18pt. writting)

statement 2:

Irondoor i disagree,i don't think believing that you are lucky or not determines your Luck or the dreams we have and another thing are you Testing?I Think you had made up your mind when you asked LP,what's up with that?And by the way eventhough i think i am not lucky i still win so i say anyone can win just don't count on it,by that i mean i would not put the mortage payment on a number,goodluck,,,,delores247

statement 03

MY!MY!,I am not the enemy here so don't treat me like one,and for the record i was not causing any drama,An opinion is an answer What is yours ?other than an opinion,Over the time i have played in Texas,Yes i have made a profit and i didnot win everyday,I thought this thread was about luck and not about my win in Texas,I didnot disrespect you i just told how i saw it or i gave my input and if that is not what you were looking for then it is all good, case closed

I see it now Irondoor as long as they don't disagree with you,And by the way Mr i am wearing RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me if i don't wish you a very pleasant Day,Delores247

statement 04

Oh Yes i looked it up and i am not that type of person ,i just hate for you to disk the numbers and you are the one who said it was not about opinions,The lottery is no exact science,The only certianty here is there is no certianty,And i still stick to the rules of respecting the Laws of the number world and you will go far money wise$$$$$,I am still angry with you irondoor,I'll get a cold drink so i can cool off,I don't like being mean to people unlike yourself,,,,Delores247

statement 05

Irondoor827 This is not a court of Law,What are you doing?No one is on Trial,get a grip and behave yourself ;you are the one who needs to check yourself before judging whose complaining,I can easily answer this for you,You are the person whose complaining,Everyone here is only doing what you asked and for the record i am not angry,i am very calm and i am not Dangerous as you accused me of being,That is another prejudgment,you owe this panel an apology shame on you!!!!!

statement  06

Okay irondoor blame yourself for this one

STep 1,Always agree with irondoor

Step 2 buy all books pretaining to the Luck factor or just ask irondoor first which will be the best

Step3,never ever wear Red like i did  while misunderstanding Irondoor

Step4 stick to the lottery and stay out of threads like this one,The End,,,,,,Delores247

statement 07

Irondoor just forget my input and no more has to be said,i came here today to give an input that's all and it was all blown out of context,if i misunderstood your Thread,i am sorry,but you misunderstood my intentions also,,,,,,I remember something the elders use to tell the young people "never go to bed with a heavy heart",now i know what that means ;Goodnight everyone,,,,Delores247

statement 08

DELORES  NOW  THAT  ALL  OF  YOUR  COMMENTS  ARE  BEFORE  YOU  -do  you  think  somewhere  HOW  I COULD  HAVE  BELIEVED -  you  hogged  the  board just  a  little  and  only  your  first  answer  which  was  fine  was  on  topic ;

And  rememember  there  was  another  individual  who  was  also  doing  the  same thing  and  no  one  wanted  me  to  have  a  post ,so  I  think  you  wanted  only  to  kill  the  post ....if  that  is  not  the  case  ... I AM  SORRY.....  BUT  YOU  are  always  welcome  to  say  something  ,it  just  not  a  debate.    its  an  instructional  format  on  how  to  be  lucky  ....read  the  positive  comments  made  since  yesterday ; thosee  are  the  things  I  was  looking  for  but  if  you  had  8  coments  and  the  other  person  made  aprox 12-16  ...who  had  time  to  read  the  positive ???/

Irondoor you were the starter of this thread and you have the power to report any person that is irrate or disrespectful so it should never ever came to this,look at your views people love it when it 's confusion just like a fight,what a shame Because none of this had to happen,now i am wondering is this the power of luck telling me to remember this date 711 now i know i will play that till it hit,Now irondoor you see where i am coming from ?if i was killing the thread you could have blocked me before all of my comments as you quoted me so i am confused here but  it is all good,now the final thing i would like to bring up is this i am not responsible for what anyone else says the only person that i am responsible for is me and what i say and because my comments cause your thread a problem i am now here to make an Apology to You Your Thread and all the people who replied if i have caused this harm by my comments i am sorry,,,,,,,,Delores247

United States
      Member #51688
      April 19, 2007
      200 Posts
      Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Delores  I  do  like your  numbers  711  sounds  good  ...just  read  what  some  of  the  positive  people  have  said  it  just  might  bring  you  good Health, Happiness  nad  yes  more  income  since  all the  advice  people  shared  was  self-controled  meaning  you  do  it  from  the  inside  out ;

lets  all  become  MIllionairs  theres  plenty  to  go  around ;

WHY  dont  you  lead  the  way  and  show  us  how  ??//

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8364 Posts
        Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Texas using the results pages the only time 711 came out straight on 07/11 was in

Tue, Jul 7, 1998TexasPick 37-1-1

now it could have come out in other places years ago but the results on here only go back so far.

while there is a chance 711 might come out somewhere today. you have a better chance of getting hit by lightening if you stand outside holding a steel rod..

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
          Member #19043
          July 24, 2005
          7378 Posts
          Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Texas using the results pages the only time 711 came out straight on 07/11 was in

Tue, Jul 7, 1998TexasPick 37-1-1

now it could have come out in other places years ago but the results on here only go back so far.

while there is a chance 711 might come out somewhere today. you have a better chance of getting hit by lightening if you stand outside holding a steel rod..

This number was a follower of  the 511 that hit on Today in the Texas Past History,Not counting a straight play i usually play doubles combination so i can still get the same pay as a straight play only it cost a little more but i feel that this number has a good chance this month because looking at the complete history it also hit on the 12th 14th 15th 17th 23rd 31th,The dates are very important when tracking not the actual month we are in,For the record,Four4me i don't think i would try the little experiment above,Goodluck or shall i say good fortunes to you,,,,,,Delores247

United States
            Member #51688
            April 19, 2007
            200 Posts
            Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Luck determines the cards you are dealt. Knowledge and skill determines how you play them. A lucky person finds a way to use his abilities to come out ahead. This is true in lottery games and is also a factor in the game of life.

We all know someone who is extremely lucky. Think of the luckiest person you know. You will find that person is usually happy, outgoing and upbeat. They know how to make the best of any situation. On the other hand think about someone you know who always seems to have bad luck. Do they complain and gripe all the time? The "Lucky" person is usually the one with the positive attitude. Look at the chart below. Compare these traits and see how many fit your personality.

Personality Traits:
            Lucky---------Unlucky
            Optimistic----Pessimistic
            Confident-----Unsure
            Happy---------Grumpy
            Generous------Miserly
            Outgoing------Introverted
            Contented-----Complains

It's just possible that your attitude can change your luck. We've all heard the saying, "When life deals you lemons, Learn how to make lemonade". The person that turns an adverse situation into an advantages one is sometimes looked upon as being lucky, when it was actually their attitude that brought about the luck.

Here is a little exercise you can do to try and change your attitude and your luck. When you get up in the morning think about one of luckiest things that has happened to you in your life. Maybe it was meeting that special person in you life or finding a hot stock that tripled over night. Perhaps it was that one time you were in "the right place at the right time". Keep the thought of that event in the back of your mind. During the day if things don't go exactly right think back on your past good fortune and don't get discouraged.

Luck Favors the Prepared Mind!

lets  all  remember  RAVEN62  Post and  his  advice  on  How  to  be  lucky  when  playing  our  numbers , and  in  our  life  situations ;

Never  wear  Red  ....is  very  good  advice ...when  playing  numbers ....  ;

he  also  advised  us :

Can I Really be Lucky?

Yes, you can be lucky, here's how!

1. Know what you want!
            2. Let everyone know what you want!
            3. If at first you don't succeed, then try, try and try again, and then give up and do something else!
            4. Be a lifelong learner!
            5. Trust your intuition!
            6. Believe you will succeed!

The Full Story

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Delores  I  do  like your  numbers  711  sounds  good  ...just  read  what  some  of  the  positive  people  have  said  it  just  might  bring  you  good Health, Happiness  nad  yes  more  income  since  all the  advice  people  shared  was  self-controled  meaning  you  do  it  from  the  inside  out ;

lets  all  become  MIllionairs  theres  plenty  to  go  around ;

WHY  dont  you  lead  the  way  and  show  us  how  ??//

irondoor 827

delores  247   I see luck in playing:

8 2 4 7

It is nice to see an understanding reached, great example of making something good happen from communicating.

United States
                Member #51688
                April 19, 2007
                200 Posts
                Posted: July 11, 2007, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

irondoor 827

delores  247   I see luck in playing:

8 2 4 7

It is nice to see an understanding reached, great example of making something good happen from communicating.

I  kinda  like  8274  the  year  I  first  moved  here  and  had  my  first -  birthday  in  buffao,  Ny  (area)  and  hit  for  $3,000  off  a  pick  4  ;  and  meet  someone  very  special  to  me :: 

Thanks  for  the  compliments  and  lets  all  become  MLLIONAIRS  :

United States
                  Member #51688
                  April 19, 2007
                  200 Posts
                  Posted: July 12, 2007, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

um  Um  UM.....A long time ago I posted on LP:::::

There is so much good in the worst of us,

and so much bad in the best of us,

that it hardly behooves any of us, 

to criticize the rest of us!

United States
                    Member #51688
                    April 19, 2007
                    200 Posts
                    Posted: July 13, 2007, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I would suggest this.....

First off start making a list of all the goods things that happen in your life on a daily basis....

IE you meet a cool person write that down.

you find a penny write that down.

you win 5 or 10 dollars or even a free ticket in the lottery write that down.

Your child gets a really good grade in school write that down.

that is a step in showing a conscious gratitude to God, The Universe, The Source whatever is in your belief system. You show gratitude for what is done for you and then you attract more good things.

So often people focus on what they do for others or will do for others if the say win the lottery or something. IE Stop listing off all the people you will help if you win the lottery that does nothing in attracting a lottery win to you in fact it may detract you from getting one because you are focusing on giving instead of recieving. You are focusing on what you have done or have done for others instead of being grateful for what has been done for you or given to you.  If you do give some or part of your winnings later that is okay just don't focus on it as a way of thinking because you would do such a thing that you are somehow entitled to win. It doesn't work that way. That is not how attraction works. You mentally focus on giving then you end up giving more if you mentally focusing on recieving you recieve more.  Once you do good or give to others immeadiately forget that you have done the good thing. Don't bask in the glory of a good deed. Instead reflect on all that has been given to you or done for you. LIVE IN CONSTANT GRATITUDE!!!

Next set a goal of what you want.  What are your dreams. How much will they cost. Be very detailed in your list writing down your dreams and what they would cost if they are ones that involve money and most likely in regards to winning the lottery they will involve money.

Writing them down is very important as it is a way of focusing on those dreams.

You can try putting keywords around your house or apartment. such as "Luck, Winner, Abundance, Destiny," or phrases such as "Positive Cash Flow Increase" or any others you can think of. Just make sure they are direct to the point and positive.

This next one is very hard in regards to winning the lottery for some people.  Be happy for others who win even if it is a jackpot you are playing for.  Remember that the jackpot will grow again and then you will have your chance.

There is abundance in the universe and enough for all of us to live our dreams.

Main thing is keep believing you are lucky. Keep staying it to yourself no matter what happens...

Want everyone to win. But focus on your own win.

I want to win my jackpot. I also want all of you to win your jackpot.  We can all win.

words  to  live  by ;

You can try putting keywords around your house or apartment. such as "Luck, Winner, Abundance, Destiny," or phrases such as "Positive Cash Flow Increase" or any others you can think of. Just make sure they are direct to the point and positive.

This next one is very hard in regards to winning the lottery for some people.  Be happy for others who win even if it is a jackpot you are playing for.  Remember that the jackpot will grow again and then you will have your chance.

There is abundance in the universe and enough for all of us to live our dreams.

Main thing is keep believing you are lucky. Keep staying it to yourself no matter what happens...

Want everyone to win. But focus on your own win.

I want to win my jackpot. I also want all of you to win your jackpot.  We can all win.

United States
                      Member #51688
                      April 19, 2007
                      200 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2007, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

YOU CAN’T AFFORD THE LUXURY OF A NEGATIVE THOUGHT

In any given moment, there is ample evidence to prove that life is a bed of thorns or a

garden of roses. How we feel about life depends on where we place our attention, that is,

what we focus upon.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet One perfect limousine, do

you suppose? Ah no, it's always just my luck to get One

perfect rose.

DOROTHY PARKER

Did you ever notice that every time you are given a rose, the stem is covered with thorns?

(If you take the thorns off, the flower wilts more quickly. Florists know this, which is

why they leave the thorns on.) Do you say, "Why are you giving me this stick with thorns

on it?" Of course not. You admire the beauty of the rose. Even if you prick yourself in

your enthusiasm, it never seems to hurt--you are too engrossed in appreciating the rose

and the person who gave it to you.

Right now, in this moment, without moving from where you are, you can find ample

evidence to prove your life is a miserable, depressing, terrible burden, or you can find

evidence to prove your life is an abundant, joyful, exciting adventure.

Let's start with the negative. Look at all the imperfections around you. No matter how

good anything is, it could be better, couldn't it? Look for dirt, disorder, and dust. See all

the things that need cleaning, repairing, and replacing? An endless array of clutter, chaos,

and catastrophe assaulting your senses. And all those

damn damn alliterations in this paragraph.

Dis-gusting.

Now, explore the same environment with an attitude of gratitude and appreciation.

Look around the same area you just surveyed and find the good. You can start with

whatever you're sitting or lying on. It's probably softer than a concrete floor. Look at all

the other objects you use but take for granted--glasses (both seeing and drinking), tables,

windows, the walls and ceiling sheltering you from the elements. Consider the wonder of

the electric light. A hundred years ago, you would have to have been very rich or very

lucky to have had even one. And you probably have more than one--and a TV and a radio

and many other electronic marvels.

What around you do you find aesthetically pleasing? A painting you haven't really looked

at in years? The detail work on the clothes you're wearing? A flower? A vase?

Wallpaper? Carpet? When was the last time you took a moment to appreciate colors?

One should sympathize with the joy, the beauty, the color of

life-- the less said about life's sores the better.

OSCAR WILDE

Did you notice that you tended to feel better when you focused on the positive things in

your surroundings? The process of focusing on the positive to produce more positive

feelings works the same with things even more intimate than your surroundings--your

body, for example.

If you look for all the things wrong with the body, boy, are you going to find them. Pains

here, bumps there, rough spots here, too much fat there--the list goes on and on (and, as

we get older, goes on and on and on and on).

But take a look at all that's right with your body. Even if you have a pain in your left foot,

you can be thankful there's not one in your right. How about all those processes we take

for granted? Digestion, circulation, respiration, assimilation, thinking-- yes, we think

without having to even think about it. And let's not forget the five senses. Some people

take them so much for granted they can't name all five without thinking, "Let's see, what's

the fifth one?"

It's as though there were two attorneys in your mind, one gathering evidence for "Life is

Awful" and the other gathering evidence for "Life is Wonderful." You're the judge and

can rule out any evidence you choose. Your decision is final. Which judicial ruling do

you suppose would lead to more joy, happiness, peace, ease, and health?

Try thinking of love or something.

CHRISTOPHER FRY

To focus on the positive is not to disregard certain warning signals of a negative nature

that, if ignored, eventually lead to inconveniences at best and disaster at worst. (If we use

these "negative" signals to avoid disaster, then they're not so negative after all. Some

even call them guardian angels.)

Let's say you're driving down the freeway and the little light goes on, telling you you're

running out of gas. I do not suggest ignoring that bit of "negativity" and focusing on how

wonderful it is that none of the other warning lights is on. I suggest you get some gas.

Here, by the way, is where negative thinking comes in. The negative reality is that you're

low on gas. Negative thinking begins the litany, "I wonder if I'm going to run out of gas

before I reach the next station. What will I do if that happens? I'm in the middle of

nowhere. What if some highway robbers get me? If I do get to a gas station, will it be the

kind I have credit cards for? I bet it will be more expensive than in town. I bet it will be

self-service and the pump will be dirty and my hands will smell funny after. I knew I

should have filled up in town. Why am I so lazy and stupid?" Etc., etc., etc.

During this inner tirade (which, for accomplished negative thinkers, takes place in under

five seconds) the driver, in his or her anxiety, usually speeds up, which only wastes gas.

We are wide-eyed in contemplating the possibility that life

may exist elsewhere in the universe, but we wear blinders

when contemplating the possibilities of life on earth.

NORMAN COUSINS

What I suggest is this: take note of the negative information, decide what to do about it

(whatever corrective action seems to be in order) and return to focusing on the positive

(in this case the music, the scenery, the passengers) while working on eliminating the

negative.

With medical conditions, it's good to keep track of symptoms, but it does no good to

dwell on them. The positive thinker might deny the early symptoms of a disease, making

a cure more difficult. The negative thinker might turn every mosquito bite into a killer

bee sting.

Positive focusers take a middle road. They note symptoms accurately so they can be

reported to their health-care provider. They make an appointment. Beyond that, there's no

point in dwelling on the symptoms, so they turn their attention to things more positive.

While we're considering the idea that there is sufficient evidence in any given moment to

prove that life is wonderful or that life is terrible, let's take a look at how this works even

closer to home: in our memories of the past and our anticipation of the future.

Here, too, we can muddle in the negative: "Tommy wouldn't play with me when I was

six." "I have to go to the dentist next week, and I hate the dentist."

Or, we can do positive thinking: "I'm winning the Oscar this year," when we've never

been in a movie. "I'm going hiking and camping next week," when we've just had major

surgery. "I have so many wonderful friends," when the phone hasn't rung in two weeks.

Or, we could try focusing on the good memories that actually happened and on realistic

plans we look forward to with pleasure. "That movie on TV last night was so good."

"Helen's coming to visit tomorrow; that will be nice." "The book I ordered should be

arriving any day."

Yes, it's good to "live in the moment," but who does that all the time? As long as you're

living in memories of the past and projections of the future, you might as well make them

happy memories and joyful projections.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: July 13, 2007, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

This easier to read: 

YOU CAN’T AFFORD THE LUXURY OF A NEGATIVE THOUGHT

In any given moment, there is ample evidence to prove that life is a bed of thorns or a

garden of roses. How we feel about life depends on where we place our attention, that is,

what we focus upon.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet One perfect limousine, do

you suppose? Ah no, it's always just my luck to get One

perfect rose.

DOROTHY PARKER

Did you ever notice that every time you are given a rose, the stem is covered with thorns?

(If you take the thorns off, the flower wilts more quickly. Florists know this, which is

why they leave the thorns on.) Do you say, "Why are you giving me this stick with thorns

on it?" Of course not. You admire the beauty of the rose. Even if you prick yourself in

your enthusiasm, it never seems to hurt--you are too engrossed in appreciating the rose

and the person who gave it to you.

Right now, in this moment, without moving from where you are, you can find ample

evidence to prove your life is a miserable, depressing, terrible burden, or you can find

evidence to prove your life is an abundant, joyful, exciting adventure.

Let's start with the negative. Look at all the imperfections around you. No matter how

good anything is, it could be better, couldn't it? Look for dirt, disorder, and dust. See all

the things that need cleaning, repairing, and replacing? An endless array of clutter, chaos,

and catastrophe assaulting your senses. And all those

damn damn alliterations in this paragraph.

Dis-gusting.

Now, explore the same environment with an attitude of gratitude and appreciation.

Look around the same area you just surveyed and find the good. You can start with

whatever you're sitting or lying on. It's probably softer than a concrete floor. Look at all

the other objects you use but take for granted--glasses (both seeing and drinking), tables,

windows, the walls and ceiling sheltering you from the elements. Consider the wonder of

the electric light. A hundred years ago, you would have to have been very rich or very

lucky to have had even one. And you probably have more than one--and a TV and a radio

and many other electronic marvels.

What around you do you find aesthetically pleasing? A painting you haven't really looked

at in years? The detail work on the clothes you're wearing? A flower? A vase?

Wallpaper? Carpet? When was the last time you took a moment to appreciate colors?

One should sympathize with the joy, the beauty, the color of

life-- the less said about life's sores the better.

OSCAR WILDE

Did you notice that you tended to feel better when you focused on the positive things in

your surroundings? The process of focusing on the positive to produce more positive

feelings works the same with things even more intimate than your surroundings--your

body, for example.

If you look for all the things wrong with the body, boy, are you going to find them. Pains

here, bumps there, rough spots here, too much fat there--the list goes on and on (and, as

we get older, goes on and on and on and on).

But take a look at all that's right with your body. Even if you have a pain in your left foot,

you can be thankful there's not one in your right. How about all those processes we take

for granted? Digestion, circulation, respiration, assimilation, thinking-- yes, we think

without having to even think about it. And let's not forget the five senses. Some people

take them so much for granted they can't name all five without thinking, "Let's see, what's

the fifth one?"

It's as though there were two attorneys in your mind, one gathering evidence for "Life is

Awful" and the other gathering evidence for "Life is Wonderful." You're the judge and

can rule out any evidence you choose. Your decision is final. Which judicial ruling do

you suppose would lead to more joy, happiness, peace, ease, and health?

Try thinking of love or something.

CHRISTOPHER FRY

To focus on the positive is not to disregard certain warning signals of a negative nature

that, if ignored, eventually lead to inconveniences at best and disaster at worst. (If we use

these "negative" signals to avoid disaster, then they're not so negative after all. Some

even call them guardian angels.)

Let's say you're driving down the freeway and the little light goes on, telling you you're

running out of gas. I do not suggest ignoring that bit of "negativity" and focusing on how

wonderful it is that none of the other warning lights is on. I suggest you get some gas.

Here, by the way, is where negative thinking comes in. The negative reality is that you're

low on gas. Negative thinking begins the litany, "I wonder if I'm going to run out of gas

before I reach the next station. What will I do if that happens? I'm in the middle of

nowhere. What if some highway robbers get me? If I do get to a gas station, will it be the

kind I have credit cards for? I bet it will be more expensive than in town. I bet it will be

self-service and the pump will be dirty and my hands will smell funny after. I knew I

should have filled up in town. Why am I so lazy and stupid?" Etc., etc., etc.

During this inner tirade (which, for accomplished negative thinkers, takes place in under

five seconds) the driver, in his or her anxiety, usually speeds up, which only wastes gas.

We are wide-eyed in contemplating the possibility that life

may exist elsewhere in the universe, but we wear blinders

when contemplating the possibilities of life on earth.

NORMAN COUSINS

What I suggest is this: take note of the negative information, decide what to do about it

(whatever corrective action seems to be in order) and return to focusing on the positive

(in this case the music, the scenery, the passengers) while working on eliminating the

negative.

With medical conditions, it's good to keep track of symptoms, but it does no good to

dwell on them. The positive thinker might deny the early symptoms of a disease, making

a cure more difficult. The negative thinker might turn every mosquito bite into a killer

bee sting.

Positive focusers take a middle road. They note symptoms accurately so they can be

reported to their health-care provider. They make an appointment. Beyond that, there's no

point in dwelling on the symptoms, so they turn their attention to things more positive.

While we're considering the idea that there is sufficient evidence in any given moment to

prove that life is wonderful or that life is terrible, let's take a look at how this works even

closer to home: in our memories of the past and our anticipation of the future.

Here, too, we can muddle in the negative: "Tommy wouldn't play with me when I was

six." "I have to go to the dentist next week, and I hate the dentist."

Or, we can do positive thinking: "I'm winning the Oscar this year," when we've never

been in a movie. "I'm going hiking and camping next week," when we've just had major

surgery. "I have so many wonderful friends," when the phone hasn't rung in two weeks.

Or, we could try focusing on the good memories that actually happened and on realistic

plans we look forward to with pleasure. "That movie on TV last night was so good."

"Helen's coming to visit tomorrow; that will be nice." "The book I ordered should be

arriving any day."

Yes, it's good to "live in the moment," but who does that all the time? As long as you're

living in memories of the past and projections of the future, you might as well make them

happy memories and joyful projections.

United States
                          Member #51688
                          April 19, 2007
                          200 Posts
                          Posted: July 15, 2007, 12:13 am - IP Logged

Today  realy  depressed  ,  came  to  the  post  to  get  some  relief  and  to  feel  better  ;THANKS  FOR  THE  BETTER  COPY 29  OF  THE  MOTAVATNG  ARTICLES  YOU  SUBMITTED ;

SOMETIMES  YOU    NEED  a  break...when  you  just  want  to  kick  yourself  for  not  following  your  own  hunches  ;

had  both  mid-day  and  evening  numbers  and  faailed  to  play  them  but  threw  away  what  money  I  did  have  on  numbers  that  failed  ;

will  have  to  do  better  next  time  when  I  think  of  playing ;

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: July 15, 2007, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Today  realy  depressed  ,  came  to  the  post  to  get  some  relief  and  to  feel  better  ;THANKS  FOR  THE  BETTER  COPY 29  OF  THE  MOTAVATNG  ARTICLES  YOU  SUBMITTED ;

SOMETIMES  YOU    NEED  a  break...when  you  just  want  to  kick  yourself  for  not  following  your  own  hunches  ;

had  both  mid-day  and  evening  numbers  and  faailed  to  play  them  but  threw  away  what  money  I  did  have  on  numbers  that  failed  ;

will  have  to  do  better  next  time  when  I  think  of  playing ;

How can a person like you be depressed? I thought you had it all under control.

But don't be depressed. LP members are here to alleviate any stress you might be feeling.

I hope that helped. Cheer up and take some of your own advice...lol Just joshin...

We all have our good and bad days...hang in there....

United States
                              Member #51688
                              April 19, 2007
                              200 Posts
                              Posted: July 16, 2007, 12:00 am - IP Logged

rule 2;  maximize  your  chance opportunitties ;

lucky people create ,notice  and  act  upon the  chance opportunities in  their lives;

Rule 03 :: listen  to  your  lucky  hunches :

lucky  people make succesful decisions by  using thier intuitions and gut feelings;

Example-I  went  to  the  store  and  payed  my  numbers  , after  I  finshed  my  list  I  asked  the  clerk  how  much  is  that  he  said 5.50  and  my  GUT  told  me  to  play  that  so  I  played  550

I  won $80.00  a  lucky  hunch;

rule 04 :

EXPECT GOOD  FRTUNE ;

Lucky people expectations about  their future helps  them fulfil their dreams and  ambitions:

expect  the  best  and  reach  high , cost a  lot  less  than  reaching  behind  you  or  not  having  any expectation ;

ever  go  on  a  trip  with  no  direction ,its  like  sitting  in  a  car  engine  running  and  sitting a  a  pile  of  blocks unable  to  move  forward ;

SORRY  SOMEONE  POSTED  OUT  OF  FORUM  AND  POSTED  TRASH  ,PLEASE  IGNOR  THE  THE  NEGATIVE  STATEMENTS  :

Pease Focuse on the  Positive ; This  FORUM  is  about    BEING  lUCKY  and  how  anyone  can  their life ;