Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hoosier Lotto

Topic closed. 163 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Uncle Jim.

Page 11 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19831 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2007, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Somebody finally hit it.

Now I can stop thinking about making a drive to Indiana to play.
                             Thinking of...

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2007, 9:40 am - IP Logged

The winner was sold in East Chicago.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2007, 11:00 am - IP Logged

can someone please post the last 103 drawings of this lotto..new member here i can only see the last 10 drawings on lottery results..thx in advance

If you start recording the results of each drawing now, you'll have the last 103 drawings of this lotto by the time its jackpot is $50M again.Wink

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1954 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2007, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Holy cow, the cash option was $40.4M. That's 74% of what the annuity was. It's even slightly higher than what PowerBall's cash option is right now.

Gonna win.Big Smile

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: November 9, 2007, 6:49 pm - IP Logged
            RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: November 9, 2007, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations!Wink How much did you win?

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #55473
              October 4, 2007
              28 Posts
              Posted: November 9, 2007, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

and the hoosier lottery conspiracy rigging starts over tomorrow lol wonder how long before someone hits again

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1954 Posts
                Posted: November 9, 2007, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

and the hoosier lottery conspiracy rigging starts over tomorrow lol wonder how long before someone hits again

The game went 84 draws without a winner on its previous record of $42M, and that was before the switch to computerized drawings. You can't say, "Well, this year had this many winners, and this year had this many winners, but since no one has won in a year, that must mean the game is rigged". The previous record shows that it is not only mathematically possible, but also realistically possible for a lottery game to have periods of time without a winner that are much longer than other periods of time without a winner. This happens in most state and mult-state lotteries, not just Indiana. The fact is: If no one wins, then no one wins, and the jackpot rolls.

Gonna win.Big Smile

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: November 10, 2007, 2:15 am - IP Logged

Congratulations!Wink How much did you win?

I won on two counts,  107th draw on the 7th of Nov., a lucky guess on when it would get hit. Tell me, were my odds 50/50?

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                    Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #416
                    June 23, 2002
                    1614 Posts
                    Posted: November 10, 2007, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Holy cow, the cash option was $40.4M. That's 74% of what the annuity was. It's even slightly higher than what PowerBall's cash option is right now.

Yeah I noticed that as well.  IT has to be a typo.  I could see it being $30.4M but over $40.  That is just way to high.  Interest rates are not that low. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: November 10, 2007, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Yeah I noticed that as well.  IT has to be a typo.  I could see it being $30.4M but over $40.  That is just way to high.  Interest rates are not that low. 

The truth will come out when they present the check to the winner.  If it's less then players are going to wonder "what's going on".

Evil Looking       

Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #29196
                        December 29, 2005
                        280 Posts
                        Posted: November 10, 2007, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

There is definitely something hinky going on because if you go to the Hoosier Lottery website and check the press release they not only confirm the $40 million cash payout but also state the estimated annuity is $2.3 million a year for 30 years.  That is a total annuity payout of $69 million on a $54 million jackpot!

How can the total of annuity payments be $15 million more than the total jackpot?  First they give us what..?...a 65% to 70% cash value and now the total annuity payments are greater than the jackpot?  I'm telling it's always something with the buffoons who run the country's most crooked lottery.  I can't wait to here the explanation for this one. 

That assumes of course someone actually comes forward to claim the prize.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: November 10, 2007, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

There is definitely something hinky going on because if you go to the Hoosier Lottery website and check the press release they not only confirm the $40 million cash payout but also state the estimated annuity is $2.3 million a year for 30 years.  That is a total annuity payout of $69 million on a $54 million jackpot!

How can the total of annuity payments be $15 million more than the total jackpot?  First they give us what..?...a 65% to 70% cash value and now the total annuity payments are greater than the jackpot?  I'm telling it's always something with the buffoons who run the country's most crooked lottery.  I can't wait to here the explanation for this one. 

That assumes of course someone actually comes forward to claim the prize.

Jim 

Having higher payouts and jackpots then predicted is not unusual because until the jackpot is won and all sales figures are in the predicted jackpot is a guess at best and most lotteries will state that somewhere on their websites.  That has happened in both PowerBall and MegaMillions and some state lotteries before.  Texas got in trouble a couple of years ago posting higher jackpots then they could pay so most states prefer to post a conservative figure to avoid the problem.

Evil Looking       

Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #29196
                            December 29, 2005
                            280 Posts
                            Posted: November 10, 2007, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Having higher payouts and jackpots then predicted is not unusual because until the jackpot is won and all sales figures are in the predicted jackpot is a guess at best and most lotteries will state that somewhere on their websites.  That has happened in both PowerBall and MegaMillions and some state lotteries before.  Texas got in trouble a couple of years ago posting higher jackpots then they could pay so most states prefer to post a conservative figure to avoid the problem.

After all the shenanigans the Hoosier Lottery has pulled it still amazes me that there are always people ready to leap to  the defense of these crooks.  

The Hoosier Lottery's Lotto game is NOT an estimated jackpot.  It goes up by a flat $500,000 after the second draw and regardless of how many tickets are sold it continues to go up by $500,000.  No more...no less.  So with regard to the jackpot there is no guessing...no estimating...no posting of conservative figures to avoid a problem...it is a fixed amount and it is always known.

Now...perhaps the Hoosier Lottery has changed something and simply neglected to make a press announcement or inform the public.  They've pulled this stunt before.  It's usually done when they make a change that is not favorable to the players so I doubt if that's what happened this time.  But I guess time will tell.

Jim   

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Page 11 of 11