Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hoosier Lotto

Topic closed. 163 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Uncle Jim.

Page 3 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19825 Posts
Posted: September 27, 2007, 2:24 am - IP Logged
  Hoosier Lotto - $49 Million
  Powerball - $15 Million
  Next Drawing: 9/29/2007

The Hoosier Lotto may have one of the larger jackpot in the country as it continue to grow.  I noticed even on the prediction board a hit is hard to come by.  The overall odds of matching three or better are 1:50 and with over 100 predictions for the last two drawings no one even matched three.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #54390
    August 17, 2007
    313 Posts
    Posted: September 27, 2007, 3:04 am - IP Logged

I just hope someone from Michigan wins.  I know alot of folks cross the border to buy tickets.  I sure am.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2007, 3:13 am - IP Logged

I just hope someone from Michigan wins.  I know alot of folks cross the border to buy tickets.  I sure am.

I was thinking about during the same thing since an Ohioan won  their  $314M PowerBall jackpot.  Maybe I'll get lucky with their Hoosier Lotto

Evil Looking       

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
        Member #32537
        February 12, 2006
        698 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2007, 5:28 am - IP Logged

i think IT IS THE BIGEST jackpot right now in usa

if Euro beep would get won, it could claim bigest current jackpot in whole world

that be funny. 

http://www.lotterypost.com/jackpots 

lets see,

Hossier lotto at 49m

PB at 15m

NY lotto 13m

MM 12m 

illinois lotto 12m

Oregon lotto 7.6m

TX lotto 7m

CA lotto 7m

. hossier is way ahead

yet it wont grow past its  500k each draw.

they must be MAKING a KILLINGi

yet olny have to give the jackpoit 500k each draw for next roll

THERE evil, pure evil!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2007, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

i think IT IS THE BIGEST jackpot right now in usa

if Euro beep would get won, it could claim bigest current jackpot in whole world

that be funny. 

http://www.lotterypost.com/jackpots 

lets see,

Hossier lotto at 49m

PB at 15m

NY lotto 13m

MM 12m 

illinois lotto 12m

Oregon lotto 7.6m

TX lotto 7m

CA lotto 7m

. hossier is way ahead

yet it wont grow past its  500k each draw.

they must be MAKING a KILLINGi

yet olny have to give the jackpoit 500k each draw for next roll

THERE evil, pure evil!

What do you mean by "making a killing"? The jackpot is $1M the first 2 draws then increases by $500K each roll after. Compare that to other states' Pick 6 game. CA SLP starts at $7M. Indiana isn't exactly what I would call a rich state. Why would they purposely put more than $500K into the jackpot each roll if that's all they can afford to do? So the state can be in debt? So they can raise our taxes? Think about it dude. It's smarter not to spend more than you can afford. That applies to both the players and the state.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1953 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2007, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Something I forgot to mention, when it says the jackpot only goes up by $500K, they are refering to $500K annuity, not cash. So when you see that the jackpot has gone up by $500K, the amount it has gone up in cash value is probably about $240K-$250K. Once the jackpot gets higher, more people will buy tickets so that allows us to get into 60% cash range of the jackpot. Indiana doesn't have a lot of money compared to other states.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1953 Posts
              Posted: September 27, 2007, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Another thing I forgot to mention is that just because the annuity amount of the jackpot isn't increased the first roll, doesn't mean that the cash amount didn't increase. They probably draw for $1M the first 2 draws because $1M has pretty much become known as the minimum jackpot(annuity) for Pick 6 games. Instead of offering say $750K the first draw and $1M the second draw, they want to offer players at least $1M(annuity) for a Pick 6 game.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: September 27, 2007, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

What do you mean by "making a killing"? The jackpot is $1M the first 2 draws then increases by $500K each roll after. Compare that to other states' Pick 6 game. CA SLP starts at $7M. Indiana isn't exactly what I would call a rich state. Why would they purposely put more than $500K into the jackpot each roll if that's all they can afford to do? So the state can be in debt? So they can raise our taxes? Think about it dude. It's smarter not to spend more than you can afford. That applies to both the players and the state.

Lotteries jackpots aren't based on the amount of money states have other than that generated by lottery tickets sales.  Most states with a $40M+ lottery jackpots usually generate enough ticket sales to add more than $500K to the jackpot when it rolls and still keep 50% of sales for themselves.  Some states like to keep a little more, maybe Indiana is one of those states.  With the largest jackpot in the area there are probably plenty of players from out of state playing too so ticket sales should be generating a lot more money than usual.

Evil Looking       

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #48725
                  January 7, 2007
                  1953 Posts
                  Posted: September 27, 2007, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Lotteries jackpots aren't based on the amount of money states have other than that generated by lottery tickets sales.  Most states with a $40M+ lottery jackpots usually generate enough ticket sales to add more than $500K to the jackpot when it rolls and still keep 50% of sales for themselves.  Some states like to keep a little more, maybe Indiana is one of those states.  With the largest jackpot in the area there are probably plenty of players from out of state playing too so ticket sales should be generating a lot more money than usual.

The $500K increase is an annuity increase, which includes interest gained for the annuity value payed out in 29 payments over 30 years. The cash increase is determined by ticket sales. Also, just because one state profits more percentage wise from its lottery profits than other states, doesn't automatically make it a bad thing. People are so quick to say the state steals their money(e.g. taxes). People need to look into reality and realize that they benefit from this in a way too. If all taxes were eliminated, think about all the things that would go unfixed. Unpaved roads, poor education systems, low public transportations, poor waste management, and many other things come from state profit. People, YOU DO benefit from state profit. Not all state profit is bad.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: September 29, 2007, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I picked 50 combinations to play in the Hoosier Lotto and posted 10 of them on the prediction board.  I've decided not to make the trip to Indiana so I'll be watching for tonight's results to see if I lost out on winning some money or saved $50 plus gas money. 

I only have PB play slips so I would have had to plan on making out my slips after I arrived.  Good luck to those who do play.

Evil Looking       

Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1953 Posts
                      Posted: September 29, 2007, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I picked 50 combinations to play in the Hoosier Lotto and posted 10 of them on the prediction board.  I've decided not to make the trip to Indiana so I'll be watching for tonight's results to see if I lost out on winning some money or saved $50 plus gas money. 

I only have PB play slips so I would have had to plan on making out my slips after I arrived.  Good luck to those who do play.

I bought 8 Hoosier Lotto. 5 were self picks and 3 were free quick picks. I also bought 1 PowerBall quick pick. I hope tonight is the night.Jester

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: September 29, 2007, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I saved $50 plus some gas money by staying home, but if it continues to grow I may make a trip in the future.

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #54390
                          August 17, 2007
                          313 Posts
                          Posted: October 1, 2007, 1:39 am - IP Logged

I crossed the border and bough $80 worth.  40 picks for Wednesday(OCT03) and Saturday (OCT06).  I've already told my $2,000 car that she will get a new Paint Job.

United States
                            Member #3676
                            February 10, 2004
                            425 Posts
                            Posted: October 1, 2007, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Haha again all low birthday numbers and no one wins. Roughly 1.5 million tickets are in play per roll and this has rolled over almost 100 times. I know it usually get 1 million tickets per roll when it was lower but still, this is quite ludicrous. My bet is it "magically and finally" gets hit once it hits 50 million. 

Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #48725
                              January 7, 2007
                              1953 Posts
                              Posted: October 1, 2007, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Haha again all low birthday numbers and no one wins. Roughly 1.5 million tickets are in play per roll and this has rolled over almost 100 times. I know it usually get 1 million tickets per roll when it was lower but still, this is quite ludicrous. My bet is it "magically and finally" gets hit once it hits 50 million. 

You need to elaborate on "magically and finally". I would also like to see the source in which it states that 1.5 million tickets were sold. I can't find that information anywhere. Even if the latest figures were about 1.5 million tickets sold per roll, that only covers 12% of all the possible combinations. Keep in mind, that also assumes no duplicates occured. With duplicates occuring, it's probably closer to 9%. Also, Hoosier Lotto is a Pick 6 game. You have to all 6 numbers to win the jackpot. If no one has all 6 numbers, the jackpot rolls.........like most Pick 6 games.Crazy

Gonna win.Big Smile

Page 3 of 11