Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hoosier Lotto

Topic closed. 163 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Uncle Jim.

Page 4 of 11
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #3676
February 10, 2004
425 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2007, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Haha you think out of the 1.5 million tickets (roughly 250k free plays were rewarded and the odds are about 1 in 7 to win a free play ticket, which equals 1.75 mil but we will say 1.5 million since there were so many low numbers) .  about 350k of them are duplicated combinations  ?? With that logic when these state lottos are hit there would be a lot more multiple winners in state lotteries. Listen this is probably a huge coincidence but the chances of this lotto having rolled 100 times is mind boggling.  The Hoosier lottery has taken many hits for its ineptitude and fraud, and with what we hear about RNG's these days it makes you wonder. I am not a conspiracy guy but somehow they got to make up all the lost income they lost with their dopey hoosier raffle!  And when these low birthday numbers show up and no one has the combinations after all this time it is just wacky.  Thanks for the insight though that you need to have 6 numbers to win the jackpot. I was about ready to drive to indianapolis with my 4 out of 6 ticket. 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1958 Posts
    Posted: October 1, 2007, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Haha you think out of the 1.5 million tickets (roughly 250k free plays were rewarded and the odds are about 1 in 7 to win a free play ticket, which equals 1.75 mil but we will say 1.5 million since there were so many low numbers) .  about 350k of them are duplicated combinations  ?? With that logic when these state lottos are hit there would be a lot more multiple winners in state lotteries. Listen this is probably a huge coincidence but the chances of this lotto having rolled 100 times is mind boggling.  The Hoosier lottery has taken many hits for its ineptitude and fraud, and with what we hear about RNG's these days it makes you wonder. I am not a conspiracy guy but somehow they got to make up all the lost income they lost with their dopey hoosier raffle!  And when these low birthday numbers show up and no one has the combinations after all this time it is just wacky.  Thanks for the insight though that you need to have 6 numbers to win the jackpot. I was about ready to drive to indianapolis with my 4 out of 6 ticket. 

It's already been determined mathematically that it is possible for this game to roll as many times as it has. I've already posted the explanation several times in other threads so I'm not going to bother here. Also, you haven't given the source that SPECIFICALLY and OFFICIALLY states that 1.5 million(non-free) tickets were sold. Also keep in mind that I used the phrase "closer to 9%", I didn't say that the number of combinations sold were PRECISELY 9%. You should have been able to figure that out. Come on man, this is a message board. As far as any type of malice by the Hoosier Lottery that you're refering to, none of the information you're giving is credibal. You're just rambling. The fact is: You don't know what the sales figures are, therefore you cannot sufficiently say that there are non-legitimate actions occuring on part by the Hoosier Lottery. I would like this thread to discuss a jackpot game, not conspiracies about pariticular lotteries.&

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19903 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Using the odds and number of winners for the last drawing, I calculate the total number of tickets were ~2,300,000 - 3% free ones =~2,231,000 sold
      254637 (free tickets) X odds of 1:7.31 = ~ 1,858,850 tickets
      57 (5/6) X odds of 1:48,696 = ~2,775,672 tickets

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #3676
        February 10, 2004
        425 Posts
        Posted: October 3, 2007, 10:31 am - IP Logged

I wouldnt use the 5 out of 6 multiple since they were all birthday numbers and that usually means more winners at that level.  I would say roughly 1.8-2.0 million combinations were out there for that roll. And consisently for the last few months I would say about 1.5-1.8 million combos per roll were out there.  So the chances have been about 1 in 7 or 1 in 8 that each roll the lotto would get hit.  And here we are almost 100 rolls later that it hasnt. Not impossible that it hasnt but pretty amazing none the less. I think Saturday will finally be the day as it hits that pyschologically magical 50 million mark. If ever there was a time for a syndicate to scoop up all the combos this would be it! 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19903 Posts
          Posted: October 3, 2007, 10:48 am - IP Logged

I wouldnt use the 5 out of 6 multiple since they were all birthday numbers and that usually means more winners at that level.  I would say roughly 1.8-2.0 million combinations were out there for that roll. And consisently for the last few months I would say about 1.5-1.8 million combos per roll were out there.  So the chances have been about 1 in 7 or 1 in 8 that each roll the lotto would get hit.  And here we are almost 100 rolls later that it hasnt. Not impossible that it hasnt but pretty amazing none the less. I think Saturday will finally be the day as it hits that pyschologically magical 50 million mark. If ever there was a time for a syndicate to scoop up all the combos this would be it! 

Can a syndicate get enough terminal time to play all the possible combo?  After  a  syndicate took over three seven-elven terminals in Virgina a few years ago and won its jackpot most states created rules to make it impossible for that to happen again.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19903 Posts
            Posted: October 4, 2007, 3:31 am - IP Logged
            Estimated Jackpots:
              Hoosier Lotto - $50 Million
              Powerball - $15 Million
              Next Drawing: 10/6/2007

And it continues to roll

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
              Greenfield
              United States
              Member #3587
              February 2, 2004
              557 Posts
              Posted: October 4, 2007, 3:46 am - IP Logged

All one has to do is just check the 0 straight winners everyday on the pic 4 and it becomes obvious. Oh yeah, check those big pic 3 payouts. Does someone have the time to go back 1 year and see how many straight pic3 and 4 winners they have had all year; the message is in the stats. Who know, it wouldnt surprise me to see this go for 3 years--no kidding.

" FUN IS BAD " ----causes Bankruptcy

United States
                Member #55473
                October 4, 2007
                28 Posts
                Posted: October 4, 2007, 5:34 am - IP Logged

50 mil i'm gonna go half quick pick and half my numbers saturday is the night it ends

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19903 Posts
                  Posted: October 4, 2007, 10:54 am - IP Logged

All one has to do is just check the 0 straight winners everyday on the pic 4 and it becomes obvious. Oh yeah, check those big pic 3 payouts. Does someone have the time to go back 1 year and see how many straight pic3 and 4 winners they have had all year; the message is in the stats. Who know, it wouldnt surprise me to see this go for 3 years--no kidding.

For 10/03/2007
                  Daily 3 Evening 65 straight
                  Daily 3 Midday 16 straight
                  Daily 4 Evening 5 straight
                  Daily 4 Midday 0 straight

Just check one day and multiply the results by 365 days and you'll be close.
                   pick3=365 x 81
                   pick4=365 x 4

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19903 Posts
                    Posted: October 4, 2007, 11:03 am - IP Logged

50 mil i'm gonna go half quick pick and half my numbers saturday is the night it ends

I was going to try that for real with $100 until I tried it on paper and lost.  I would have won 20 free tickets and a few dollars but not enough to travel back to Indiana to play again.

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #3676
                      February 10, 2004
                      425 Posts
                      Posted: October 4, 2007, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I have been saying all along this will get hit once it hits $50 million.  I mean those pick 3 and pick 4 stats are horrible. This RNG is obviously working hard to get the lottery director their bonus for the year.  We are all suckers to keep playing this garbage.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1958 Posts
                        Posted: October 4, 2007, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

I have been saying all along this will get hit once it hits $50 million.  I mean those pick 3 and pick 4 stats are horrible. This RNG is obviously working hard to get the lottery director their bonus for the year.  We are all suckers to keep playing this garbage.

Even if it does get hit at $50M, so what? Somebody got lucky and had all 6 numbers. Also, I already said in my previous post that it is possible for this game to roll as many times as it has regardless of any outside intervention, so the whole "the RNG is working hard to get the lottery director her bonus" statement isn't very credibal. If you want to consider yourself a sucker, then by all means do so. I'm just a guy playing the lottery. Also, if you're going to bash a lottery, not to mention one held by the state you're not even living in, then it's going to take a lot more than rambling and a smorgasborg of kiddy excuses to convince its players not to play. It comes down to this simple fact: You DON'T know what the sales figures are, therefore you CAN'T make the judgment of whether or not a game is being properly held. Geez people, either play the game or not, it's game for God's sake. Stop making up conspiracies for something so small and simple.

Gonna win.Big Smile

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5587 Posts
                          Posted: October 4, 2007, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I was going to try that for real with $100 until I tried it on paper and lost.  I would have won 20 free tickets and a few dollars but not enough to travel back to Indiana to play again.

RJ with the way this thing is going, if you had actually put your numbers in play, the outcome would have been different. I tell this to people when we play computerized keno, they say: "oh my gosh there are my numbers!" and I say "if you had played them they would have never shown."

I also think qutgnt may be right this thing may get hit at $50M, with a quick pick bought somewhere near South Bend,  nice round numbers.  I would buy qp's half and half. GLTAIAAI. (GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN AND AROUND INDIANA.)

Go Irish!

United States
                            Member #55473
                            October 4, 2007
                            28 Posts
                            Posted: October 4, 2007, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

business is picking up now the news about the lotto is hitting the news on every channell it's gonna get hit this saturday i'm tryna think of some awkward gas stations outside of indianapolis or the outskirts to buy a couple tickets and i'll buy some in indianapolis too though

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19903 Posts
                              Posted: October 4, 2007, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

RJ with the way this thing is going, if you had actually put your numbers in play, the outcome would have been different. I tell this to people when we play computerized keno, they say: "oh my gosh there are my numbers!" and I say "if you had played them they would have never shown."

I also think qutgnt may be right this thing may get hit at $50M, with a quick pick bought somewhere near South Bend,  nice round numbers.  I would buy qp's half and half. GLTAIAAI. (GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN AND AROUND INDIANA.)

Go Irish!

If those numbers had won, I would have been wishing I had played them but fortunately that happens very rarely, 98% of the times I don't play, I save money.

Evil Looking       

Page 4 of 11