Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 2:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Here Is The Proof Your Lottery, Mega Millions and Powerball is Cheating You

Topic closed. 129 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Stew12.

Page 3 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19903 Posts
Posted: September 28, 2008, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Stew12, unofficial pre-test drawings are like warm-ups before a game.  It wouldn't be professional to have live drawings with no idea if the equipment was working.  Even when the results of the unofficial drawings are published, it's after the official drawing and can't help the players in that drawing.  I'm sure some players play the numbers in the pre-test drawings and might feel cheated because the drawings that they might have won wasn't official and that may be a reason states don't publish them.  The only drawings that count are the official ones.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
    mississippi
    United States
    Member #34478
    March 3, 2006
    5906 Posts
    Posted: September 28, 2008, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Stew12, unofficial pre-test drawings are like warm-ups before a game.  It wouldn't be professional to have live drawings with no idea if the equipment was working.  Even when the results of the unofficial drawings are published, it's after the official drawing and can't help the players in that drawing.  I'm sure some players play the numbers in the pre-test drawings and might feel cheated because the drawings that they might have won wasn't official and that may be a reason states don't publish them.  The only drawings that count are the official ones.

well Rjoh..I look at this way...we have technology beyond Belief right now...we can send Men in a spaceship to the moon and safely return them to Earth..you mean to tell me WE CANT build a Ping Pong Ball Machine to ACTUALLY TURN ON to conduct a Lottery drawing..Please..

GO YALL KNOW anything at all about betting..I am no expert but if I called vegas and bet on a game..after the game is over I will win or lose my money..you dont hear Vegas say well..that score of the game..THE NEXT OUTCOME COSTED US A SH$TLOAD of money so from now on..all those NFL games..we are going to make the NFL and ALL college games play some more until we get a different outcome...

YEAH...I would love to see them tell the NFL..wel you boys are costing us money so from now on..on Sunday..you have to play your team that you are playing 6 times so we dont lose our money here in vegas..now just how STUPID DOES THAT SOUND...

WHEN YOU MAKE A BET..YOU ARE BETTING ON THE NEXT OUTCOME..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19903 Posts
      Posted: September 28, 2008, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

The problem is that's your rule not theirs and you have to play by their rules.  Their rule is "when you buy a ticket, you're betting on the results of their next official drawing, not any pre-test drawings".   

Evil Looking       

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
        Dallas, TX
        United States
        Member #60284
        April 12, 2008
        3856 Posts
        Posted: September 28, 2008, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Good information. I've read the whole thing.

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
          Member #6363
          August 20, 2004
          4151 Posts
          Posted: September 28, 2008, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

Hey well why would you hide the pretest results

post the results so everyone can see them if their

not doing anything wrong it should be up were the

public can see these results by the way it's not on their web

sites or any else that they pretest these games Texas is the

only State doing this and like some one said earlier how do

we know that they are showing all the pretest results  (MIND)  

Mind, if you are talking about Powerball not having pre & post test results on their website , that is not correct. It is listed here.

They do have it somewhat hidden though. When you go to the Powerball website look for the box right below the posted drawings. In the box you will see a little red ball. Click on the ball it will take you to the page I have linked above.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Michigan
            United States
            Member #41047
            June 10, 2006
            1083 Posts
            Posted: September 28, 2008, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Mind, if you are talking about Powerball not having pre & post test results on their website , that is not correct. It is listed here.

They do have it somewhat hidden though. When you go to the Powerball website look for the box right below the posted drawings. In the box you will see a little red ball. Click on the ball it will take you to the page I have linked above.

Dead aim I'm talking about  the  3 and 4 digit games

those are the only lottery game I play  (MIND) Wink

Giving you number's that produce results The Number's Man Cool

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
              ORLANDO, FLORIDA
              United States
              Member #4924
              June 3, 2004
              5980 Posts
              Posted: September 28, 2008, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

The problem is that's your rule not theirs and you have to play by their rules.  Their rule is "when you buy a ticket, you're betting on the results of their next official drawing, not any pre-test drawings".   

RJOh,

You appear to have all the answers. I want you to answer this question. Why would a state, Florida, that never did pre-draws before 2004, all of a sudden start doing pre-draws. What reasons would they have, unless to create more profit.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8395 Posts
                Posted: September 28, 2008, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

pre tests have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of an official drawing. For all intensive purposes if you had the ball set and numbers of pre test draws in front of you 24 hours before the drawing you still would have the same odds in any said game.

They rarely if ever use the same ball sets for any drawing two times in a row.

It can be argued till the end of time that pre draws affect the outcome of a drawing. But whats needed is can someone predict what the numbers will be using the pre draw data. And i would say they have the same chance either way and that would be whatever the odds are of that particular game. Coming up with the winning numbers for any given drawing is luck. No skill involved no particular method works better than any other method.  

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19903 Posts
                  Posted: September 28, 2008, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

You appear to have all the answers. I want you to answer this question. Why would a state, Florida, that never did pre-draws before 2004, all of a sudden start doing pre-draws. What reasons would they have, unless to create more profit.

I have some opinions but I've never said they were the answers. 

I would think Florida would give the same reasons other lotteries give, to test their equipment before the official live drawings.  I find it hard to believe that before 2004 Florida never checked their equipment before during a live drawing.

Evil Looking       

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #4924
                    June 3, 2004
                    5980 Posts
                    Posted: September 28, 2008, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I have some opinions but I've never said they were the answers. 

I would think Florida would give the same reasons other lotteries give, to test their equipment before the official live drawings.  I find it hard to believe that before 2004 Florida never checked their equipment before during a live drawing.

Contact them and see what answer you get!!! If you believe that pre-draws are not conducted to change the outcome, not to test machines and balls. If they can have draws for 16 years, without pre-testing, why would you start.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                      CT
                      United States
                      Member #61398
                      May 21, 2008
                      781 Posts
                      Posted: September 28, 2008, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Contact them and see what answer you get!!! If you believe that pre-draws are not conducted to change the outcome, not to test machines and balls. If they can have draws for 16 years, without pre-testing, why would you start.

They might have started because they realized it's a smart thing to do.  Not for 'changing the outcome', but to be sure their machines would function properly.

I would bet they would have the same general payouts if the first pre-test draws were used as official results.  That's the nature of a random game.

As for saying certain combo's HAVE to come out, they don't (at least any time soon).  Laws of randomness and averages say that things will even out over a large enough data set.  The problem is that the data set can be 2 draws, or 10,000,000 draws, or more. There is no way to tell.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                        CT
                        United States
                        Member #61398
                        May 21, 2008
                        781 Posts
                        Posted: September 28, 2008, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Publishing pre-test draws is probably seen as not necessary from the lottery commision stand point.  The only reason any individual would NEED the lottery to post the pre-test draws was if they could actually predict which numbers would come out if they had all of the data.  And if this situation was possible and the lottery was predictable, the lottery would go out of business.

Pre-test draws are most likely not posted because they would increase the database size constraints to roughly 6 times what they need now.  Buying many extra database servers is probably not in the lottery's best interest business-wise, since the only draw that matters (to the players) is the official draw.

As far as I know all info is video taped, so it's not like they are purposly trying to hide things that might make a difference.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19903 Posts
                          Posted: September 28, 2008, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

I don't play the Florida lotteries, but that might be something that Floridians who play those games might want to do.  I play the lotteries in my state of Ohio and MegaMillions which only publish the official drawings results which is fine with me.   I track those drawings results and I'm not convinced that more data would change how I play those games.

Evil Looking       

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                            Member #28409
                            December 15, 2005
                            1198 Posts
                            Posted: September 28, 2008, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you lotterybraker and I think that is where I am losing a lot of my money.  Wouldn't a work around on this one be just to play up a few draws, though?  Instead of the next outcome....play the outcome that comes after that?  Or maybe 5 up or however many "pretests" there were?

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
                              Member #38687
                              May 3, 2006
                              315 Posts
                              Posted: September 28, 2008, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

wow....I never looked at it like this.

I kinda assumed that the lottery did the pre-draws and would just enter the numbers into the system and manipulate the game so that they show a drawing with no winners until they were ready to release a jackpot.

But there are so many other things that would shoot that theory down.

Very good post though. Thanks

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot