Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

There is no Math when it come to winning.

Topic closed. 120 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 5 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
Dallas, TX
United States
Member #60284
April 12, 2008
3856 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2009, 5:26 am - IP Logged

I agree. No math needed, but we use them to justify our ego.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7295 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2009, 11:15 am - IP Logged

I'm sure they know that players like us are trying to use math to crack the code.

The code was cracked years ago by that foreign investment group that won the Virginia lottery by trying to play every possible combination.  Lotteries reacted and established rules that limit the time one person or group can control the use of a lottery terminal and changed the odds of winning lower tier prizes such that jackpots are unlikely to be more than the cost of playing every combination.  Now if someone discovered a new code that might produce a winner 95% of the time with only 30% of the possible combinations, they couldn't play all those combinations before the next drawing.

The only reason that Australian syndicate did make a profit on the February 15, 1992 Virginia 6/44 Lotto was because they did the math. If there were 10 combinations on each, they had to get and fill out over 700,000 play slips. They had to calculate how long it would take to print out all 7,059,052 combinations and divide that by the roughly 3 days they had to do it in; at 10 slips per minute, they needed about 30 terminals running non-stop.

Maybe they were lucky they had the only winning ticket, but their total investment was never at risk. Once they were assured they had the time to get all the combinations, the biggest risk involved was other winning tickets so they had to factor that in too. They already knew how much they would get back on the secondary prizes, so they waited until the jackpot reached $27 million which would almost guarantee them a profit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2009, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

The only reason that Australian syndicate did make a profit on the February 15, 1992 Virginia 6/44 Lotto was because they did the math. If there were 10 combinations on each, they had to get and fill out over 700,000 play slips. They had to calculate how long it would take to print out all 7,059,052 combinations and divide that by the roughly 3 days they had to do it in; at 10 slips per minute, they needed about 30 terminals running non-stop.

Maybe they were lucky they had the only winning ticket, but their total investment was never at risk. Once they were assured they had the time to get all the combinations, the biggest risk involved was other winning tickets so they had to factor that in too. They already knew how much they would get back on the secondary prizes, so they waited until the jackpot reached $27 million which would almost guarantee them a profit.

Thanks for posting those stats, I remembered the incident but had forgotten the date and the lottery format.  As I remembered they had printed the tickets and contracted with the seven-eleven stores to be ready when the jackpot reached the right amount.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #49980
        February 21, 2007
        34107 Posts
        Posted: July 1, 2009, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

I tried to install it and I couldn't it said Publiser unknown and to check with Administrater.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34107 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2009, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you are right I just read your Post, again, Now I do use math when I play the Horses. instead of picking the Horses, I will play the program pick horses and add them up to get long shots. I have trued it several times and sometimes that works. once I play 3 horses, I added them all up subtracted some of them  I came up with 10-6-8 that trifecta paid 29,000 If I would of boxed those numbers I would of had 1/2 of the payout 15,000 off of a dollar ticket. I  played 10-8-6 I played it strait so I didn't get anything. so you are right about using some math with gambling on numbers. Big Smile

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

bigdaddy's avatar - aviator2 1.jpg
            BETWEEN OAKRIDGE AND WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
            United States
            Member #1647
            June 10, 2003
            2202 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2009, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

pi is the master tune

Relax,Bigdaddy has your number!!!!!

Pi is the way...

turning $30 or less into thousands everyday!!

here we go steelers ..here we go---------stairway to seven 

TIME FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO  COME  HOME..

latbri's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
              Nassau getting outrageous
              Bahamas
              Member #70478
              February 3, 2009
              764 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2009, 10:23 am - IP Logged

hey big, whats cracking, met u on chat last night. are you gonna post any p3 or p4 numbers for illinois

Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34107 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2009, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Hello marcie

I have proximately won 160k ever since lottery started in UK in 1994 this includes 18 times matching 5 numbers so by right I must be the unluckiest guy on planet earth to get 18 times close to jackpot but not win it!

I’ll say thanks to math which allowed me to win.

Now, you tell me how much you spent on lottery?

Moses

Hyper

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34107 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2009, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

If it was me and I only played quick picks and believed it was all about luck (no offense Todd) I wouldn't waste my time here when all I had to do is go to the store...buy my quick picks and be on my way.

Not every one is here to get ideas about picking numbers to play.  LP is also a good place to get lottery results and news about what's going on with lotteries around the world.  When I first found LP, I was looking for the BigGame website.  At the time I traveled to Michigan to play BigGame and wanted to get the drawings results.  In those day, this website and BigGame website had a green and yellow color scheme and I came here several time before I realized this wasn't the BigGame website.  I found here what I was looking for so I continued coming back.

that will only happen everyblue Moon, for someone to Win a a Quick Pick, very rare!

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2009, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

that will only happen everyblue Moon, for someone to Win a a Quick Pick, very rare!

Hmmmm.....you were the one who started this thread and said it was all about luck soooo.......

If that were true than it shouldn't matter how you pick your numbers......

A quick pick should be just as good as any other method.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: July 12, 2009, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Actually, it's no more rare for someone to win using a quick-picks than it is to win with combinations pick other ways.  Statistically speaking, quick picks and personally picked combinations win proportionately to their use.  More QP win because they are 70% or more of the combinations played.

Evil Looking       

Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #49980
                        February 21, 2007
                        34107 Posts
                        Posted: July 12, 2009, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Actually, it's no more rare for someone to win using a quick-picks than it is to win with combinations pick other ways.  Statistically speaking, quick picks and personally picked combinations win proportionately to their use.  More QP win because they are 70% or more of the combinations played.

I would like to know how do you justifiy that?

bigguy5's avatar - peace
                          charlotte.n.c
                          United States
                          Member #37585
                          April 17, 2006
                          365 Posts
                          Posted: July 12, 2009, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

it is all about Lucky that's all!

you  is so   wrong   ,     wake  up  wake  up.  i am glad   everybody  from  ohio   

don,t     thinks  they  way,     i  have  friends   from   there  live    in   n,c   

No No

bigguy5's avatar - peace
                            charlotte.n.c
                            United States
                            Member #37585
                            April 17, 2006
                            365 Posts
                            Posted: July 12, 2009, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

you  so   on  the money,       most  people   don,t   no  the game,   if   i had  depend   on   luck  i  would   never      win,    i  don,t  believe  in  luck,any  way, you   make  ur      own  luck.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19816 Posts
                              Posted: July 12, 2009, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I would like to know how do you justifiy that?

I'm just quoting what I've read on many lotteries website Q and A pages.  The following is from the PowerBall Q/A page.

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to 80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

http://www.powerball.com/pb_contact.asp

Evil Looking