Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

There is no Math when it come to winning.

Topic closed. 120 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 6 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Ohio
United States
Member #49980
February 21, 2007
34133 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2009, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Geeze marcie,

I want the digits also, but at least I'm attempting to understand how to come up with picks myself without begging, pleading, or demanding...Do some homework...You'll appreaciate a win more...and you might just learn somethings along the way.

Thanks to everyones help here, I've certainly learned a bit. Good luck...

I am just reading everyones post, and when I got to yours I had to say something, I don't have to do any home work, I just pick numbers out of my head. Or I will play my dreams, my dreams has help me win money so many times, that is what I count on! Thanks for your input, I dd learn alot from this post myself. Have a good week! I hope you win!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7309 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2009, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

I am just reading everyones post, and when I got to yours I had to say something, I don't have to do any home work, I just pick numbers out of my head. Or I will play my dreams, my dreams has help me win money so many times, that is what I count on! Thanks for your input, I dd learn alot from this post myself. Have a good week! I hope you win!

The odds of someone winning any of the lottery games is the same no matter if they have an elaborate system, dream the numbers, or buy QPs and that's where math comes in. Over time it's the percentage (more math) of the actual odds they pay out that prevents players from making a profit. The odds of your dream number hitting straight is 999 to 1 and they pay $499 to $1.

I'd ask what is your winning percentage from your dreams that "helped you win money so many times", but we'll never know because you said "there is no math when it comes to winning".

Litebets27's avatar - power
      Maryland
      United States
      Member #10465
      January 14, 2005
      6065 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2009, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Definitly not a waste of time paurths.

Good luck to you.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2009, 12:28 am - IP Logged

The odds of someone winning any of the lottery games is the same no matter if they have an elaborate system, dream the numbers, or buy QPs and that's where math comes in. Over time it's the percentage (more math) of the actual odds they pay out that prevents players from making a profit. The odds of your dream number hitting straight is 999 to 1 and they pay $499 to $1.

I'd ask what is your winning percentage from your dreams that "helped you win money so many times", but we'll never know because you said "there is no math when it comes to winning".

I have often read the only thing lottery players can do to improve their chances of winning is to buy more tickets and using software, developing a system or interpreting dreams to pick lottery numbers is futile.  With odds of winning so high, the average lottery player assumes it's true.  Even if a player improved his odds by 200%, he's not likely to notice any change.  For example the odds of winning a 649 game with one ticket are:

MATCH    ODDS
          6/6     1 : 13983816
          5/6     1 : 54201
          4/6     1 : 1032
          3/6     1 : 57

Buying two tickets or improving the odds of winning by 200% another way:

MATCH    ODDS 200% improvement
          6/6     1 : 6991908
          5/6     1 : 27100.5
          4/6     1 : 516
          3/6     1 : 28.5

Playing 1 or 2 lines and winning nothing eliminate any appreciation for the improved odds.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
          Member #69169
          January 5, 2009
          2122 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2009, 3:32 am - IP Logged

Mathematics are essential because that is what numbers are. But, by no means try to put everything on Luck either. The Pick 3 and 4 Is a easy game to play. The key is to play only straight numbers. That is wwhere the profit is. Stay away from the highly complexed, algorithmical, BS systems that are out there! These systems only leave you with evern more Questions than you had before using it. Im not Einstien, nor David Blain. But I hit more often without all that "MATH".

"Many Strategies|One Game"

Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34133 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2009, 9:24 am - IP Logged

Mathematics are essential because that is what numbers are. But, by no means try to put everything on Luck either. The Pick 3 and 4 Is a easy game to play. The key is to play only straight numbers. That is wwhere the profit is. Stay away from the highly complexed, algorithmical, BS systems that are out there! These systems only leave you with evern more Questions than you had before using it. Im not Einstien, nor David Blain. But I hit more often without all that "MATH".

Yeah you are right I think all the System wilol do if confuse you if you do have a hot number! It can throw you off!   I would still box my numbers though.

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7309 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2009, 10:42 am - IP Logged

I have often read the only thing lottery players can do to improve their chances of winning is to buy more tickets and using software, developing a system or interpreting dreams to pick lottery numbers is futile.  With odds of winning so high, the average lottery player assumes it's true.  Even if a player improved his odds by 200%, he's not likely to notice any change.  For example the odds of winning a 649 game with one ticket are:

MATCH    ODDS
                6/6     1 : 13983816
                5/6     1 : 54201
                4/6     1 : 1032
                3/6     1 : 57

Buying two tickets or improving the odds of winning by 200% another way:

MATCH    ODDS 200% improvement
                6/6     1 : 6991908
                5/6     1 : 27100.5
                4/6     1 : 516
                3/6     1 : 28.5

Playing 1 or 2 lines and winning nothing eliminate any appreciation for the improved odds.

If we buy 1000 tickets, we have a 1 in 13,983.816 chance of winning the jackpot which looks better on paper until we look at the percentage of combinations we have. 1000 tickets only gives us 0.0071% of all the possible combinations.

The only way we can guarantee matching one number is to play all 49 numbers at a minimum of nine lines of six. Because we have all the numbers, the odds of matching 2 or more numbers on the same line is slightly improved compared to buying nine QPs that may not include all 49 numbers. However compared to all the possible winning combinations, our chances (1 in 1,553,757.3) and percentage of tickets (0.00006436%) are still tiny and exactly the same as buying nine QPs.

Classic Lotto doesn't payoff for matching 2 numbers and matching 3 won't pay for the cost of playing nine lines. The only benefit we get by using all 49 numbers is knowing we have a small but realistic chance of matching the 6 winning numbers on the same line.

I've told you about me playing a 3 if 5 of 16 numbers wheel and matching all 5 winning numbers. Since the wheel gave me exactly what it guaranteed (one 3 number match) I wasn't unlucky, nor can I say I was unlucky because I didn't spend $4368 to get all the combinations.

Would we be lucky by winning the jackpot after we consciously improved our chances or unlucky when we don't win after doing the math? 

Maybe we can get Pimpi to crank up his super-computer and ask it what part if any does math plays when it comes to winning.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2009, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Stack,

You can wheel all 49 numbers in 163 lines and be guaranteed a match3  If you could manipulate those lines such that all 163 combinations were within the parameters  of 80% of the past winning numbers without changing the guarantee then you might have a plan. 

As far as Pumpi and his super computer dream is concerned, he has never mentioned the instructions he might program into to a super computer even if he had the use of one.  It could be any ideas he had could be handle by a desktop computer.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7309 Posts
                  Posted: July 15, 2009, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Stack,

You can wheel all 49 numbers in 163 lines and be guaranteed a match3  If you could manipulate those lines such that all 163 combinations were within the parameters  of 80% of the past winning numbers without changing the guarantee then you might have a plan. 

As far as Pumpi and his super computer dream is concerned, he has never mentioned the instructions he might program into to a super computer even if he had the use of one.  It could be any ideas he had could be handle by a desktop computer.

When I apply filters to all numbers abbreviated wheels I usually lose the win guarantee because the filters apply to all 6 numbers but not to the 3, 4, or 5 numbers I'm trying to match. The better way would probably be to first apply the filters to all the combinations and then extract all the combinations with the 3 if 6 guarantee from that. Matching 3 only pays $2 so if the idea is to use all 49 numbers, a smaller combination 2 if 6 of 49 might be a better starting point.

I experimented with the 46 combination 2 if 5 of 56 numbers playing Mega Millions because there is a chance of putting the numbers into the correct order and matching 5 numbers. But at of the cost of playing every drawing, it would be better for group or pool play.

I'm assuming he means a computer that thinks and programs itself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: July 15, 2009, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

When I apply filters to all numbers abbreviated wheels I usually lose the win guarantee because the filters apply to all 6 numbers but not to the 3, 4, or 5 numbers I'm trying to match. The better way would probably be to first apply the filters to all the combinations and then extract all the combinations with the 3 if 6 guarantee from that. Matching 3 only pays $2 so if the idea is to use all 49 numbers, a smaller combination 2 if 6 of 49 might be a better starting point.

I experimented with the 46 combination 2 if 5 of 56 numbers playing Mega Millions because there is a chance of putting the numbers into the correct order and matching 5 numbers. But at of the cost of playing every drawing, it would be better for group or pool play.

I'm assuming he means a computer that thinks and programs itself.

I don't use wheels at all since I know from the get go I don't plan on playing all the lines necessary for a guaranteed hit.  I prefer to pick up to 20 lines with number distribution of the most popular patterns of past winners within parameters of past winners that I've noticed.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7309 Posts
                      Posted: July 16, 2009, 11:12 am - IP Logged

I don't use wheels at all since I know from the get go I don't plan on playing all the lines necessary for a guaranteed hit.  I prefer to pick up to 20 lines with number distribution of the most popular patterns of past winners within parameters of past winners that I've noticed.

The advantage of using the 2 if 5 of all 56 numbers is there are 46 combinations so we can play all the mega balls thus giving ourselves one guaranteed mega ball match and automatically reducing the cost of play. By using all the numbers, we don't need a system for picking the numbers and even if we marked all the mega balls on a play slip with 46 QPs, there is no guarantee of having all the numbers.

By examining the wheel results it's possible to create an ordered list where certain numbers will be together on the same line. It's not to be confused with a 2 if 2 of 56 numbers where every number will be paired with all the other numbers at least once; the only guarantee is that 2 of the 5 numbers will be paired once.

"I prefer to pick up to 20 lines"

I was using 3 if 4 wheel at $19 a drawing when I had that nice run on Rolling Cash 5 and that was the minimum play for me chasing the jackpot. With the low win expectation and a cost of over $90 a week, the 56 number wheel would be better for pool or group play or possibly as one or two times when the jackpot is extremely high.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: July 17, 2009, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

For me it's a matter of the amount I'm willing to lose and in most cases the maximum is $20.  In the past when I've spent more, the extra risk wasn't worth the rewards.  Even when I have gone as high as $20 if I won anything, eighty percent of the time it was in one of the first 10 lines.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7309 Posts
                          Posted: July 17, 2009, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

For me it's a matter of the amount I'm willing to lose and in most cases the maximum is $20.  In the past when I've spent more, the extra risk wasn't worth the rewards.  Even when I have gone as high as $20 if I won anything, eighty percent of the time it was in one of the first 10 lines.

Mega Millions is really an "all or nothing" game because of the low payoffs on the secondary prizes. Even winning $150 just keeps you in the game a little bit longer. I rarely played it, preferring Rolling Cash 5 and Ten-Oh because I could at least cash a ticket. I've played some Powerball after I move to Kentucky because of the power play option, but at $2 a ticket I can't be playing very large wheels.

I haven't played Pick-3 very much in years but it pays $600 to $1 here so I'm thinking about bringing some of my old systems out of retirement.

Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #49980
                            February 21, 2007
                            34133 Posts
                            Posted: July 25, 2009, 12:10 am - IP Logged

True!

Lets take pick3 for an example. You can take any other game, but for this example's sake it is easier math.

There are 3 X 10 digits, from 0 through 9 for each position.
                            There are 3 digits drawn each draw.
                            It is easy math to calculate how many times a digit will show up after 10 draws in each position. The answer is: each digit will appear once, for each position.
                            This ofcourse is theory. In reality it wont be like that.

At least, not after 10 draws.

I'll use North Carolina Eve for this example, because NC eve has had 992 draws so far.

Lets round it up to a thousand, for the examples sake.

The theoretical statistics tell us that in position 1 each digit should have fallen 100 times.
                            The reality however shows something else:

Digit 0 : 111 times
                            Digit 1 : 117 times
                            Digit 2 : 105 times
                            Digit 3 : 108 times
                            Digit 4 : 85 times
                            Digit 5 : 88 times
                            Digit 6 : 96 times
                            Digit 7 : 92 times
                            Digit 8 : 100 times
                            Digit 9 : 90 times

Some digits seem to fall more than other digits, but they all float around that magical 100.

If we would review these statistics in another 1000 draws, so when there have been 2000 draws, perhaps digit 1 will no longer be the best performing digit in position 1. Perhaps digit 4, with now "only" 85 appearances, will have the highest hits.

Still, they will all float around the value of 200, give or take 10 to 20 %.

If a digit falls "behind" on hits, it will make it up after another set of draws. (that is when the "hot period" for a digit starts, after a cold period...)

And this example was only for digits in 1 position.
                            We can review the other position, all on itself, or take all 3 positions into account.

The boxed pairs: A non-match boxed pair (2 different digits) have a mathematical skip of 18.51 draws, meaning that in theory when a pair hits, it will go away and come back after 18.51 draws.
                            A match pair, e.g 11, 22, 33, ..., has an average skip of 35.71 draws.
                            Again, that's the theory.
                            A Pick3 number is always made of 3 pairs, even when it is a double (225, 338, ...)
                            We put the number in its boxed format, meaning the lowest digit first, then the second highest digit and the highest digit in last position.
                            ABC : the pairs are AB, AC and BC (or any other order ofcourse)

This is the current data for the first 10 pairs, for NC eve:

PairsTimesCur. skipAv. skipMath Av skip
                            Box pairs    

The column "Av. skip" is the real average skip, calculated on real hits, in comparison to the amount of draws.

Some pairs perform better than others, just like the digits.

But again, give them another 1000 draws and the picture will be different for those pairs.

What stays the same is that the real average skip will move towards the Mathematical average skip.

And this was only for digits and boxed pairs.
                            There are LDR, Root, Sums, straight pairs, straight positional pairs, VTracs, HighLow, OddEven, InOut, OpenClosed, ... name it...

Now, when looking at these pairs in the example we see that the current skip (amount of draws the pairs has not shown in the draws) for pair 09 is at 29 draws.
                            We then say "it is 1.5 times due" (approx.)

Things go rarely "missing" (times due) for 8 times their average skip.
                            If a pair has a current skip of 148 draws, then it is 8 times due.
                            That's like a breaking point in the statistical data i have assemblied.

In Wisconsin for example, the boxed pair 01 is out for 146 draws.
                            So it is 7.89 times due.
                            Now, there is no guarantee, but this pair will soon come in!!! (no guarantee because they might have had a testdraw in which that pair showed up, and we know nothing about it --> but it doesn't matter, it doesn't!!! lol)

Why stay with "part" of a number?

Why not use a set of numbers? Lets be honest, waiting for the 01 to come in for 100 draws is a mighty long time lol, and the profit will be low.
                            Lets take the set of numbers HHH, straight.
                            This would represent 125 straight numbers.
                            1000 / 125 = 8
                            So the average skip is 8 draws.
                            If in State X the structure HHH has not fallen for 64 draws, then none of those numbers have fallen for 64 draws. (In theory each straight number will fall once every 1000 draws. (in reality that is not so!))
                            So one could start playing those 125 numbers using that information. And i know, playing 125 numbers is a big risk.! and with a payout of 500 to 1, the risk is just too high. (but not with a payout of 900 to 1!!!)

This was just a small example of how statistics are so usefull in these games.

Ofcourse, if you take a 6/42 game, which has over 5 000 000 combinations, it takes a whole other approach to use the statistics to your advantage.
                            Still, it can be done. But it takes time, perhaps a lifetime lol

cheers
                            Ricky

Ok, You explained a lot here, but how do you explain a number that comes out twice in one day?  or once 1 day and the next day it falls right back?  Explain that for me? We had a number in Ohio that came in Evening drawing yesterday, 620, and then it came right back tonight? 206

C-Money's avatar - sweet
                              creedmoor, NC
                              United States
                              Member #68710
                              December 28, 2008
                              76 Posts
                              Posted: July 25, 2009, 12:12 am - IP Logged

whaty was the pick 3 for tonight in NC please

Mail For You   Hello this is C-Money