Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you be upset if you gave a lottery ticket as a gift and it was a million dollar winner?

Topic closed. 82 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3300 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2009, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

sisters birthday we had chinese, and got some fortune cookies.

i bought the 8  ets of numbers for her as a bonus b'day present. and no luck.

would be interesting to see how it turns out with a win, its still only cost me $4, but then id never buy a lotto ticket for someone i dont like. incase they did win, infact i wouldnt buy anyting for someone i dont like,

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

LottoPools's avatar - bee
    Houston, TX
    United States
    Member #4496
    April 29, 2004
    71 Posts
    Posted: December 17, 2009, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

I'll be giving scratch offs as gifts at work tomorrow, $3 per person.  They all know I'm a lotto junkie.  I'll probably be the only one giving anything but if someone else does give gifts hopefully they won't think I'm cheap.  If they do, oh well.

I won't give MM or LT tickets though.  I couldn't handle it if one of them won millions.  They need to join the pool for that.

Playing together to make a splash in the pool of lottery winners.  It's just a matter of time.

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
      Member #76986
      July 10, 2009
      8036 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2009, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your responses on this topic!!!

Sending everyone Money Ble$$ing$ 

and wishes for continous  good health,  prosperity, and peace  in the coming new year!!!

Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #49980
        February 21, 2007
        34192 Posts
        Posted: January 12, 2010, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Would you be upset if you gave a lottery ticket as a gift and it turned out to be a million dollar winner? Bang Head  or No Nod or Yes Nod

No I would be upset but I would won't my share since I gave them the ticket.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

CA
          United States
          Member #84266
          December 26, 2009
          410 Posts
          Posted: January 12, 2010, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

If I ever do give a lotto ticket, I would get one with the same numbers for myself. Lol.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34192 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2010, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

If I ever do give a lotto ticket, I would get one with the same numbers for myself. Lol.

That's a very good Idea!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2010, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

The only thing wrong with giving lotto tickets and they hit BIG money the giver always want's more then they deserve..They would say "I gave you the ticket and feel like I deserve half of the winnings"..So I NEVER give a lotto ticket for a gift and never accept one..To many friends and family break ups because of it..Buy your own tickrt and let them buy thier own or just give them some gambling money and wish them luck....When you gamble gamble by yourself and no splits..It can get ugly..

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: January 12, 2010, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

badboyOOz I have done that when I was working..Always play the same ticket that way you don't have to beg for half and look cheap..If they offer you some money if it's winner then you can either take it or be cool and say no I have the same ticket..Friends and familys are more important then money..

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: January 23, 2010, 11:18 am - IP Logged

we have a new years mega draw, where they add a liuttle money they dont payout thru the year. jackpot is like $30M  but there is usually a dozen or so winners.

anyhow i bought 5 quick picks for a min entry of $2.40 ea meaning 4 lines.  and wrote happy new year X from me,. on the bac.

well i did on 2 of them and gave em to people i liked and wished good luck on winning lotto. no one else came saw me over xmas period so i kept the other 3 for myself.

non of them won, or at least the 2 people have the decency to not tell me they won.

its a tradition im starting so ill buy a bunch ea new year and hand out as gifts. i just make sure its only to people I really like. hehehe thats prob less than 5 anyhow.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40609 Posts
                    Posted: January 23, 2010, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I go see my mom and dad at least 4 times a week , often i'll bring them some scratch offs. they are in their 70s and its a small thing that they enjoy.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2010, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Would you be upset if you gave a lottery ticket as a gift and it turned out to be a million dollar winner? Bang Head  or No Nod or Yes Nod

What ever I give is with a Good Heart.  I you would be happy for the person and maybe they would share part of the winnings, maybe not. 

Maybe they would stop speaking to me so they wouldn't have to give me anything, you see that has happened to me.  And I crawled in bed for a week, because I lost my friend to money!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19831 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2010, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Would you be upset if you post a MegaMillions  prediction  that  turned out to be a jackpot winner played by other LP members who saw it? Bang Head  or No Nod or Yes Nod

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: January 23, 2010, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Would you be upset if you post a MegaMillions  prediction  that  turned out to be a jackpot winner played by other LP members who saw it? Bang Head  or No Nod or Yes Nod

Why would you post Predictions and not buy them???!!  You get Predictions from what you see in your work outs, so why not buy?ShockedWhat?Stooges

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: January 23, 2010, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Why would you post Predictions and not buy them???!!  You get Predictions from what you see in your work outs, so why not buy?ShockedWhat?Stooges

I always buy the predictions I post, but I usually only post ten or less so they are very affordable to play.  Another member once asked me that question and I saw a member signature that mentioned his pet pee was some predictors post too close to the actual drawing time.  Apparently an hour before the drawing wasn't enough time for him.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Play4Keeps's avatar - 656f0b5f5f1f6b58
                              End Of The Rainbow
                              United States
                              Member #67807
                              December 5, 2008
                              489 Posts
                              Posted: January 24, 2010, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Yep....But, I would try not to let the other person know. It would make them feel bad(hopefully...Wink).

In Everything You Do.....PLAY 4 KEEPS!

Lots of luck, everyone!!