Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you be upset if you gave a lottery ticket as a gift and it was a million dollar winner?

Topic closed. 82 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2010, 12:03 am - IP Logged

I always buy the predictions I post, but I usually only post ten or less so they are very affordable to play.  Another member once asked me that question and I saw a member signature that mentioned his pet pee was some predictors post too close to the actual drawing time.  Apparently an hour before the drawing wasn't enough time for him.

How right you are RJOh, I am endeavoring to do just that, reduce the amount of numbers so it is affordable to play, and not need to take out a second mortgage on your home just to buy them all!! And an our before play time should be enough; unless you live far from your closest ticket agent.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2010, 12:45 am - IP Logged

I go see my mom and dad at least 4 times a week , often i'll bring them some scratch offs. they are in their 70s and its a small thing that they enjoy.

That's very nice of you sully16. Smile

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40250 Posts
      Posted: January 24, 2010, 8:55 am - IP Logged

Thank you thatscarychick. i also sneak my dad some hersheys kisses and reeses peanut butter cups.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Litebets27's avatar - power
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #10465
        January 14, 2005
        6065 Posts
        Posted: January 24, 2010, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I have written in previous post that I usually give lottery scratch off tickets as additional gift, as greeting card stuffers, to family and friends that attend the Christmas dinner. It is now expected by most of the people who attend. One recent year, I didn't bring tickets because I forgot to get them, and I had to work that day. A niece picked some up, but when I showed up they all wondered where my tickets were.

There have been some winners of $100..$75...$50 and smaller. Family always offer to give me a share. But, I look at it as a gift that was fun for them to obtain. A party game with benefits.

This year I did give out some Megamillion tickets to family only. I know that my family would share a jackpot prize with me if they hit as I will do with them WHEN I hit MegaMillion,  Powerball and Marylam\nd's MultiMatch. Thumbs Up

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10344 Posts
          Posted: January 24, 2010, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

RJOh

"I always buy the predictions I post, but I usually only post ten or less so they are very affordable to play. "

That is extremely admirable. The only thing I can think of on thois board that would be more admirable is someone hitting a jackpot, being totally honest about where they got the numbers, and whetehr it was a personal method or a QP admitting that luck was still involved at those numbers being drawn for that drawing.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19815 Posts
            Posted: January 24, 2010, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

RJOh

"I always buy the predictions I post, but I usually only post ten or less so they are very affordable to play. "

That is extremely admirable. The only thing I can think of on thois board that would be more admirable is someone hitting a jackpot, being totally honest about where they got the numbers, and whetehr it was a personal method or a QP admitting that luck was still involved at those numbers being drawn for that drawing.

I suppose anyone who wins a lottery jackpot is lucky (as most folks use the word) regardless of how they came up with the numbers but since I don't blame luck for all the times I've lost I wouldn't attribute a win to it either.

Playing the predictions I post is purely for self interests, I would hate to post a winning prediction and not get a share of the winnings.  If I posted hundreds of them daily I probably  wouldn't play them all.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3471 Posts
              Posted: January 24, 2010, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

There's no reason anyone should  blame (bad) luck when they lose. Losing  is the most likely outcome, so it should be the expected outcome. OTOH, if you do win, it's luck whether you give it credit or not.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19815 Posts
                Posted: January 24, 2010, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

There's no reason anyone should  blame (bad) luck when they lose. Losing  is the most likely outcome, so it should be the expected outcome. OTOH, if you do win, it's luck whether you give it credit or not.

Sounds like you think of luck as a fair weather friend.  When times aren't so good he's no where to be found but once you're doing good he's right next to you taking credit for the good times.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking