Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's Your Quirky Little Superstition?

Topic closed. 211 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 11 of 15
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40497 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2010, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Hey Sully, just came back from the salt mines, We are going to hit a number that is going to be curtains for the salt mine, but until then, I thank God that you go and come home safely!  Stay Blessed Sully16!

you stay blessed as well..

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40497 Posts
    Posted: February 5, 2010, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I don't know but it was funny, when my Dad would Pretend he was sneezing to keep them from buying their numbers...Funnyyy

My grandma was Irish Catholic , but i believe she had some old celtic or pagan beliefs because on halloween she would pass out acorns with the candy because she felt they had protective powers. or maybe she just liked to screw with the kids.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: February 5, 2010, 12:09 am - IP Logged

My grandma was Irish Catholic , but i believe she had some old celtic or pagan beliefs because on halloween she would pass out acorns with the candy because she felt they had protective powers. or maybe she just liked to screw with the kids.

Sully, if you're ever in Fort Apache Az. don't eat the Acorn Stew. Trust me.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40497 Posts
        Posted: February 5, 2010, 12:11 am - IP Logged

whats in it ?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: February 5, 2010, 12:19 am - IP Logged

whats in it ?

Acorns and squirrel meat but the Apaches like to watch you eat it and ask you how you like it. You have to lie to be polite.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
            Kansas
            United States
            Member #83963
            December 19, 2009
            347 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2010, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Someday me and you and Rosina and Sully and GameGirl and wimmins all over this site gonna get together at the Fold in Hiltons VA and clog our arses off!

I'm in! Smile

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
              Kansas
              United States
              Member #83963
              December 19, 2009
              347 Posts
              Posted: February 5, 2010, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Your grandma was a wise woman, sully. Wink I just read the other day about acorns being a lucky charm, and was thinking at the time that I better find some. lol

Oak leaves were sacred to the Celtic Druids. Carrying an acorn (or any piece of the oak for that matter) can be considered especially lucky as they promote energy and youthfulness.

For millennia, the acorn has symbolized the potential for great power in a small but potent package. The shape of the acorn is undeniably male, and it is of course linked to the oak, a strong and virile tree associated with both the Roman god Jupiter and the Celtic Druids. The oak was thought by the ancients to be the only tree that could consistently survive being hit by lightning; this and the abundance of acorns in some years make the acorn a perfect symbol for power, fertility, and survival. If your year was a difficult one, strew a few acorns around your table and take heart: there is great power in those small packages.

Acorn: During the Norman Conquest, the English carried dried acorns to protect themselves from the brutalities of the day. Considered to be an emblem of luck, prosperity, youthfulness and power, the Acorn is a good luck symbol indeed! It also represents spiritual growth.

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: February 5, 2010, 7:31 am - IP Logged

Buddie is all out of sorts...... his loving smile is no longer!  He is all upset and has chanted a hex!  The hex will be lifted once the aberration on the astral plane has apologized and made all peaceful and loving again.

the hex

Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40497 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2010, 9:26 am - IP Logged

WOW! Thank you ladymylena that is interesting, i think i'll study up on celtic folklore. my grandma had many little rituals. and for you rdgrnr.. you will be shocked to know i grew up on wild food including squirrels, deer, pheasant,rabbit. my first time out deerhunting i got a 6 pointer with a .30.30. the 3 c's of fishing ...catch'em  clean'em   cook'em. i'm a little more country than you suspected , still have to learn the fine art of yee haaa and clog dancing. i used to raise rabbits i had humper ,thumper,bumper, jumper ,jack and mister t. we used to name the babies soup, stew, BBQ. sometimes grandpa would bring something home for dinner and wouldn't tell us what it was until after we ate it. posum is good if you don't know what it is.

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: February 5, 2010, 9:30 am - IP Logged

OoooH the Stone 's feelings got Hurt!!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: February 5, 2010, 9:40 am - IP Logged

I am definetly In, we are going to have a fun good time!!!   LadyM go figure,  I don't even believe in "Lunch" I mean "Luck"  I would become a "Lucky Charm" as Rd would say LlAWwwwwwwwd have Merrrcyyyyyyyyyy!    well I am off to do my work out so that Tiggs can get  his Riches and Laugh all the way to the bank!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: February 5, 2010, 9:49 am - IP Logged

OoooH the Stone 's feelings got Hurt!!!!

tiggs hopes jrosina diden't pose for the budda statue..Oh my..

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: February 5, 2010, 10:15 am - IP Logged

tiggs hopes jrosina diden't pose for the budda statue..Oh my..

Tiggs, No way Jose!!!  If I were that fat, I would have my mouth and and all parts wired shut!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: February 5, 2010, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Around here buckeyes are considered lucky. Acorn family maybe, not sure, a little different than an acorn though.

You know, like Ohio State, the Buckeyes.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40497 Posts
                              Posted: February 5, 2010, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Has any one had extra luck since this thread started? We've got lots of lucky charms here. the folks in the mystical forum helped me out today with a spider number, and i hit.now i think spiders are lucky too. i'm going to need a bigger purse , lets see 8's , acorns, budas, buckeyes ,turtles , pennies, rocks, czech baby. i'll need a shopping cart to tote my totems.

Page 11 of 15