Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's Your Quirky Little Superstition?

Topic closed. 211 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 3 of 15
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: January 27, 2010, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

This is a great thread. And it good to know we got baseball fans , now the only thing we need to know is rdgrnrs favorite totem.

That is right sully! Come ooon rdgrnr, what is your come-hither-luck-bringer.  We are waiting I bet is a blast!  and yes I love this thread!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: January 27, 2010, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss I lived in Bradenton Fla in 1949 when I was 9 years old and stood right next to Virgil Trucks when he was warming up..He threw a knuckleball that seemed to go 100 mph's..It was great back then..no lottery..:):)..I do remember Frank Lary well..Big fan of the Tigers in the 40's and 50's..Those where the days as they say,men ruled then and women were barefoot and preggy..:)..I must run after that remark..Good luck..

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: January 27, 2010, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss I lived in Bradenton Fla in 1949 when I was 9 years old and stood right next to Virgil Trucks when he was warming up..He threw a knuckleball that seemed to go 100 mph's..It was great back then..no lottery..:):)..I do remember Frank Lary well..Big fan of the Tigers in the 40's and 50's..Those where the days as they say,men ruled then and women were barefoot and preggy..:)..I must run after that remark..Good luck..

You better run tiggs!!!  Just kidding tiggs!    Bare feet, preggy and Happy!!!  Now we have fine high end  keneth Cole reaction, and babyGap shoes in all colors to match the clothing ,and working corporate hours,  gold and Platinum Credit card and miserable as all you know what!! 

Tiggs Men Still rule.  oh boy, now you got me in trouble!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: January 27, 2010, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

This is a great thread. And it good to know we got baseball fans , now the only thing we need to know is rdgrnrs favorite totem.

My totem is the turtle. Don't ask me how I know, I just know. I save dozens of them every year that are trying to cross roads around here during their migrations. Almost got myself kilt a couple times in the process. Mostly Eastern Box Turtles. My woods and ridges are loaded with them. There's snappers around here too (huge ones) and I get them across the road too even though they claw me and try to bite my fingers off.

I've got a little medicine bag I carry with little mementos (coins, trinkets, charms etc.) given to me by loved ones. I have it in my pocket when I get my tickets and I keep it on top of my tickets on my desk. Just today I took Coin Toss' idea and put a number 8 in there and in my play slip wallets.

It just occurred to me that I don't have a turtle in my medicine bag. So that's the problem!

I gotta find a litte bitty turtle for my medicine bag now.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: January 27, 2010, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

If you find a penny face up tape it over your front door,supposed to bring wealth and prosperity. if you find one face down turn it over and leave it for the next person.

This may only appeal to Catholics but one of my ex-wives grandmothers (rest her soul) said to keep an Infant of Prague statue in the house facing the front door and money would always come to you (And she was loaded). 

--Edmund Burke

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: January 27, 2010, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

This may only appeal to Catholics but one of my ex-wives grandmothers (rest her soul) said to keep an Infant of Prague statue in the house facing the front door and money would always come to you (And she was loaded). 

Infant Prague Statue?

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22944 Posts
              Posted: January 27, 2010, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

LOL!!

And a relative, not the hairy troll one...buried St Francis in the backyard...no house selling involved..so I assume for good luck.  He unearthed

himself and from the day he was buried until the day he dug (himself?) out..no financial gain was realized.

Wrong saint?

Wrong dirt? 

Blue Thinking

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: January 27, 2010, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Infant Prague Statue?

Yes, I think it's Jesus as a child. He has a cape on and a crown. The Infant of Prague. I'm guessing it probably has Czech origins.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: January 27, 2010, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

LOL!!

And a relative, not the hairy troll one...buried St Francis in the backyard...no house selling involved..so I assume for good luck.  He unearthed

himself and from the day he was buried until the day he dug (himself?) out..no financial gain was realized.

Wrong saint?

Wrong dirt? 

Blue Thinking

Never heard of that one. I know it's St Joseph for selling a house though. That same grandmother told me to bury one when I was having trouble selling a house and I'm not saying anything one way or the other but the house sold in short order right after I did that!

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40551 Posts
                    Posted: January 27, 2010, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I also put a number 8 in my wallet . if we start marketing this stuff maybe we can make millions.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                      Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #35086
                      March 12, 2006
                      10374 Posts
                      Posted: January 27, 2010, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

I have a clump of elephant eyebrows that I pet just before going to the store.

LOL

Green laugh

Astekblue

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: January 27, 2010, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr you said one of your ex wives grandmas was loaded?..How many ex wives you got old timer?..Also you said the grandma was loaded..I read a lot of your post and you seem to be loaded a lot also?..What gives??..

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: January 27, 2010, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

I also put a number 8 in my wallet . if we start marketing this stuff maybe we can make millions.

Okay Sully here goes, maybee we can sell the print out of this

and really clock some dollars here, rdrngr will have to get the larger cut since it is his tread and we can all go and do other things; but not until we find replacements so Todd won't go out of business I like him. here goes:

1. get HuckeyPuck with Steve Yzermans's picture on it, put ticket under it and include maggalio Ordonez bobblehead. 

2. Wear Color Purple on a Thursday (or see whatday is the users particular lucky day) and on that day wear bracelet with lucky gemstone of the user's birth sign, keep 8 of your lucky gemstones and amulets in your left pockets (not right pocket, left pocket) buy ticket on the day of your life path numbers is ( I have to find out mine) and it has to fall on the day that is your lucky day   

3) get a winning Poem say: " Money money come to mefor I deserve prosperity, (we all do, I think )

4) Buy Tabloid the Sun, cut out lucky pyramid place it over tickes ( you are going to need a big pyramid depending on the amount of tickets) and or put leprechuan charm numer "8' over play slip wallet.  5) Find store that has stuffed animals; unicorn or elephan and rub ticketon it  or them

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40551 Posts
                            Posted: January 27, 2010, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Okay Sully here goes, maybee we can sell the print out of this

and really clock some dollars here, rdrngr will have to get the larger cut since it is his tread and we can all go and do other things; but not until we find replacements so Todd won't go out of business I like him. here goes:

1. get HuckeyPuck with Steve Yzermans's picture on it, put ticket under it and include maggalio Ordonez bobblehead. 

2. Wear Color Purple on a Thursday (or see whatday is the users particular lucky day) and on that day wear bracelet with lucky gemstone of the user's birth sign, keep 8 of your lucky gemstones and amulets in your left pockets (not right pocket, left pocket) buy ticket on the day of your life path numbers is ( I have to find out mine) and it has to fall on the day that is your lucky day   

3) get a winning Poem say: " Money money come to mefor I deserve prosperity, (we all do, I think )

4) Buy Tabloid the Sun, cut out lucky pyramid place it over tickes ( you are going to need a big pyramid depending on the amount of tickets) and or put leprechuan charm numer "8' over play slip wallet.  5) Find store that has stuffed animals; unicorn or elephan and rub ticketon it  or them

lol that is so funny...maybe we could paint some rocks and put googly eyes on them. we'll call them lottobugs.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: January 27, 2010, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Here goes sully,  some more money getter for us.  Rd is in the moneey now This thread is hot!!  Get clumps and clupms of elephants eyebrow and pet it before we go to store all the while avoiding like the plague, dr65's relative's hairy troll with no clothes and all eyes, yes the hairy kind!!Party

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Page 3 of 15