Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's Your Quirky Little Superstition?

Topic closed. 211 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 4 of 15
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: January 27, 2010, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr you said one of your ex wives grandmas was loaded?..How many ex wives you got old timer?..Also you said the grandma was loaded..I read a lot of your post and you seem to be loaded a lot also?..What gives??..

Yeah, she was loaded with money. I'm usually loaded with Jack.

How many ex-wives? Man, I hate to think about it but I think they're having a convention in Chicago this year.

I do have to say they were all excellent housekeepers though. Every one of them that divorced me kept the house.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: January 27, 2010, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

hehehe...Maybe you should use the number of wives as your powerball number?..Or is it to high?..

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: January 27, 2010, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

lol that is so funny...maybe we could paint some rocks and put googly eyes on them. we'll call them lottobugs.

I Like "Lottobugs" Sully I believe you might be on to something! "Lottobugs would sell especially when the JP goes upward of hundred Million, they would be buying those little "lottobugs" like crazy!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: January 27, 2010, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you could pose for the Lotto Bugs jrosina..Could maybe make a funny face on them and sell better..tee hee tee hee tee hee

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10353 Posts
          Posted: January 27, 2010, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

For the baseball fans here, retired uniform numbers for each team. Enjoy, and Good Luck!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_retired_numbers

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40530 Posts
            Posted: January 27, 2010, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

For the baseball fans here, retired uniform numbers for each team. Enjoy, and Good Luck!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_retired_numbers

Thank you coin toss that was a good read. i played softball for years i was always number 6 for Al Kaline. my grandpa got me an Al Kaline mitt after the Tigers won the 68 world series. I still have it. he played right field just like # 30 Magglio Ordonez. We plan to take our son to cooperstown one day.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
              Kansas
              United States
              Member #83963
              December 19, 2009
              347 Posts
              Posted: January 27, 2010, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

sully16,

Magglio Ordonez....I guess for women in Chicago it's Carlos Quentin!

lottocalgal,

You're well versed in numerology!

I read this somewhere and say it to myself when I play the tickets;

"Money, money come to me

for I deserve prosperity"

Every once in a while one of the tabloids, usually The Sun, has a lottery article or a "Lucky Pyramid" to cut out and place over your tickets.

I do that or put a leprechuan charm over them.

I also draw the number 8 and keep it in the playslip wallet.

On the way out, if there's a stuffed animal in the store, especially a unicorn or elephant, I'll rub the tickets on it.

Lep

I've always said a similar money chant. I put the 8 in my lotto wallet now, and I've been rubbing on my elephants. LOL

I also have a little mojo bag of lucky charms and amulets, that I keep with me when I buy my tickets.

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

Kansas
                United States
                Member #83963
                December 19, 2009
                347 Posts
                Posted: January 27, 2010, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

I have to use a penny dated 1971 to rub my scratchoffs. I dont know why that year...But everytime I get one in change  I always keep it.

I used the pyramid too. And the number 8 on a green slip of paper.

I look at the dates on coins before I scratch with them. 1971 is my birth year, maybe I need your penny. LOL!! Wink

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

Kansas
                  United States
                  Member #83963
                  December 19, 2009
                  347 Posts
                  Posted: January 27, 2010, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

lol that is so funny...maybe we could paint some rocks and put googly eyes on them. we'll call them lottobugs.

lol, great idea!!!!

vjohnson8's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                    fort
                    United States
                    Member #72407
                    March 17, 2009
                    6493 Posts
                    Posted: January 27, 2010, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

If you would like to win money, play money 456,756,776,667and 476, the 476,ad 675, have been falling here lately,and read palms 68,ask the lord for a blessing and believe it,also mopp the floors with annonia,to remove back luck ,you can also add a cap to your bath water, to help for a blessing, goodluck vjohnson8Group Hug

LET's get paid$$$$ money rollYes Nod

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10353 Posts
                      Posted: January 27, 2010, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

sully16,

This is usually good to win a bar bet;

Q. Who is the only basbell player to have batteries named after him?

A. Al Kaline (alkaline)

Everyone,

This is a great thread. Imagind if we were all in the same location and went to play tickdets all together!

"OK, this group with the playslips filled out, everyone write an 8 on a game on the playslip and void that game. While they go up to the clerk everyone else stay seated and do a Hukka and take your mojo bags and amulets out."

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: January 27, 2010, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

sully16,

This is usually good to win a bar bet;

Q. Who is the only basbell player to have batteries named after him?

A. Al Kaline (alkaline)

Everyone,

This is a great thread. Imagind if we were all in the same location and went to play tickdets all together!

"OK, this group with the playslips filled out, everyone write an 8 on a game on the playslip and void that game. While they go up to the clerk everyone else stay seated and do a Hukka and take your mojo bags and amulets out."

Lep

Alkaline - LOL

I don't know, when I think of the 68 Tigers I think of Denny McLain.

I just wish the Sox would have had some hitters with the pitching they had that year: Tommy John, Joe Horlen, Gary Peters, Hoyt Wilhelm and Wilbur Wood.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: January 27, 2010, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Tommy John..We went back to Michigan in 68 and was in the rightfield upper deck and saw Dick McCaullif of the Tigers charge Tommy after he hit him..Great fight..I have no idea who won the fight or game..memory is going fast..

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                            Northern Virginia
                            United States
                            Member #83350
                            December 5, 2009
                            1317 Posts
                            Posted: January 27, 2010, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

When I had just discovered the Pick-3 game when I was 14 and 15 (I was obviously too young to play at the time), I thought that if the name of someone I knew or one of my cartoon characters came up at random, I would say, "Omen," and then "play" the number by writing it down on a piece of paper. My "omen" could win in DC, Maryland, or Virginia, because those were the results in the newspaper. I did not know at the time that the lottery numbers were posted on the Internet, so I would have to wait until the next day to see if I "won" anything. 

I did "win" once when there was a contestant named Rita on "The Price is Right," and Rita Rudner's birthday is September 17. 917 won in one of these states on that day.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                              Harbinger
                              D.C./MD.
                              United States
                              Member #44103
                              July 30, 2006
                              5583 Posts
                              Posted: January 27, 2010, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I think it's Jesus as a child. He has a cape on and a crown. The Infant of Prague. I'm guessing it probably has Czech origins.

Behold the infant.

Page 4 of 15