Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery and Marriage: What would you do?

Topic closed. 114 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Winlotta.

Page 2 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

If you were single and suddenly won a lottery jackpot, would you get married later in life?

Yes [ 30 ]  [50.85%]
No [ 29 ]  [49.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 59 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
Member #13130
March 30, 2005
2171 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs, falling asleep next to your money is a lot different than having to keep  company with the owner of it!!! No amount of money is worth that kind of awful miseryPuke

Well, some people won't fall asleep next to you for your money,

some people will fall asleep next to you for your money,

and some people will wait until you fall asleep and then put a pillow (or a new concrete patio) over your head ... for your money. They won't be miserable.

It can be a tough crowd. Confused

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
    Northern Virginia
    United States
    Member #83350
    December 5, 2009
    1317 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery will not affect my decision to get married. I hope to get married some time later in life, and winning a lottery jackpot will not stop me.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

and some people will wait until you fall asleep and then put a pillow (or a new concrete patio) over your head ... for your money. They won't be miserable.

Dear Lord I welcome the challange..Let it happen soon I'm going fast..

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

And you know this how??..

I happen to have some casual friends who because they wanted to please their parent married for money and now they are always drinking, they are lushes, and will not have children, they refuse to! It is a sad thing! And as a woman I know how disgusting that has to be!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1954 Posts
          Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I never pictured myself getting married, being the outcast that I am, but hey, you never know what could happen, so I'd say the mere possibility is still there.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I happen to have some casual friends who because they wanted to please their parent married for money and now they are always drinking, they are lushes, and will not have children, they refuse to! It is a sad thing! And as a woman I know how disgusting that has to be!

Great friends you have jrosina..Maybe if you hit a big jackpot you can buy some better ones?..I would...

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery will not affect my decision to get married. I hope to get married some time later in life, and winning a lottery jackpot will not stop me.

Good For You, hermanus!! I whish you find your Soul-mate! Believe me I am married to mine and when life and situations come up, which money can't fix, it is great to look across the table and look into the eyes of the one you love.

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: March 9, 2010, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

I never pictured myself getting married, being the outcast that I am, but hey, you never know what could happen, so I'd say the mere possibility is still there.

Guru101..If tiggs can marry the woman he did you have a great shot!!..Just flow with the punches and let it come to you..Life is full of surprises..

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Great friends you have jrosina..Maybe if you hit a big jackpot you can buy some better ones?..I would...

If you read carefully, you would see I said Casual friends, the operative word here is casual!!! And further more who told you I was sent here to this world to condemn anyone for their poor choices in life; Many of us have turned left when we should have gone straight!  You be the hollier than thou!  I will simple offer help where I can!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I hate to say it but I know people who WOULD fall asleep next to you for the money.

I got married when I was young and have been divorced forever sooooo.....if I did win the lottery and I manage to somehow meet Mr. Right and he actually wants to get married then it's a go!

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

If you read carefully, you would see I said Casual friends, the operative word here is casual!!! And further more who told you I was sent here to this world to condemn anyone for their poor choices in life; Many of us have turned left when we should have gone straight!  You be the hollier than thou!  I will simple offer help where I can!

Take it easy jrosina is tiggs getting to you?..Should maybe tiggs leave,he's not that bad..The operative word to me was "friends''..See your right and tiggs is right..Glory to God and all his children we are all right...

Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #70678
                        February 8, 2009
                        889 Posts
                        Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

HAHAHA!!!!!!!

NOT ALL women would nag and tell you what to do (but yes I've seen a few)

Let's see how fast your harem can blow thru your fortune........HAHAHAHA not to mention how much ya think it's gonna cost ya to keep 'em all beautiful and happy!

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

HAHAHA!!!!!!!

NOT ALL women would nag and tell you what to do (but yes I've seen a few)

Let's see how fast your harem can blow thru your fortune........HAHAHAHA not to mention how much ya think it's gonna cost ya to keep 'em all beautiful and happy!

Ca- age has a lot to do with this don't you think?..

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Take it easy jrosina is tiggs getting to you?..Should maybe tiggs leave,he's not that bad..The operative word to me was "friends''..See your right and tiggs is right..Glory to God and all his children we are all right...

Tiggs, I have an appointed time with you, and when that time is up!! You Will be going to the bank!!  If I were You I would Thank GOD that I am already Married to a wonderfull person! And feel compassion for those who Want to get married!  It is a difficult road for them!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Chicago
                              United States
                              Member #70678
                              February 8, 2009
                              889 Posts
                              Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Ca- age has a lot to do with this don't you think?..

I don't know about that cause I've seen some women my age and I swear I don't know why the man is even with them.

LOL or do you mean age as far as whether or not someone would get married.   HAHAHA I can't even get the guy I'm seeing to call me his g/f  and he's made it very clear he will NEVER marry again. Ok I need to win a big jackpot LOL so I can see if he changes his mind hehe!