Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery and Marriage: What would you do?

Topic closed. 114 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Winlotta.

Page 4 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

If you were single and suddenly won a lottery jackpot, would you get married later in life?

Yes [ 30 ]  [50.85%]
No [ 29 ]  [49.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 59 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
CA
United States
Member #84266
December 26, 2009
410 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2010, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Winning the lottery will not affect my decision to get married. I hope to get married some time later in life, and winning a lottery jackpot will not stop me.

Even if the person you end up marrying turn out to be a gold digger, sleep with your best friend, ask for a divorce and take half of everything you own?

If 2 people love each other enough, why do they need a contract?

And for those who say they'll get a prenup...why get married if you don't trust that person?

What can you do with your wife/husband that you can't do with your girlfriend/ boyfriend?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2010, 5:41 am - IP Logged

You need a "maybe" or "it depends" selection to your poll! Cuz it does depend - on finding someone worth marrying - same basic search criteria would apply even after winning the lottery .... well with maybe a few extra criteria

*human

*good sense of humor

*not an alcoholic or druggie

*loves kids and cats (and ok dogs too)

*generous of heart

*intelligent

*likes to travel

*not only likes me as I am but also likes my friends

*liberal politics and conservative behavior

*already has enough of his own $$ that I know he's not just after mine

dj, you hurt my feelings by discriminating against politically conservative boozers.

And here I was thinking about taking you out to a tea party rally and having a few drinks afterwards.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2010, 5:47 am - IP Logged

LOL rosina it's hard enough to find someone worth being with let alone one who actually wants to get married!

ca-,

If I ever decide to move to Utah and become a devout polygamist I'd be happy to have you as one of my wives.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2010, 6:57 am - IP Logged

dj, you hurt my feelings by discriminating against politically conservative boozers.

And here I was thinking about taking you out to a tea party rally and having a few drinks afterwards.

Keeps on truck'in..Trying once again to add to his harem...

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2010, 6:58 am - IP Logged

ca-,

If I ever decide to move to Utah and become a devout polygamist I'd be happy to have you as one of my wives.

And once again tyring to add to his harem..Wonder what  Mrs ridgey thinks about this??..Oh my oh my.......

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2010, 7:41 am - IP Logged

Keeps on truck'in..Trying once again to add to his harem...

I can't help it tiggs.

It's just my nature - I'm a caring nurturer.

--Edmund Burke

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2010, 7:49 am - IP Logged

I can't help it tiggs.

It's just my nature - I'm a caring nurturer.

What tiggs thinks you mean is that your a horndog..

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49674 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2010, 8:18 am - IP Logged

What tiggs thinks you mean is that your a horndog..

Or just a connoisseur! Thumbs Up

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2010, 8:30 am - IP Logged

Oh Boy!!! Free Falling from grace Fast!Thud

Tell that to Hugh Hefner.....

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2010, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Tell that to Hugh Hefner.....

Is he still Alive??!LoL

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1648 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2010, 9:58 am - IP Logged

I'd get married but, I'd make sure, to the best of my ability, that the person in question knew nothing of my winnings. This day and time, people know how to hide and disguise their motives very well and it would be in anyone's best interest to be extremely suspicious regarding a life partner.

I'm certain that no man or woman would want someone trying to hook up with them for pre-investigated financial securities with the lotto. Don't get me wrong, marriage is beautiful thing but, we have an obligation to simply use our common sense...especially in this case. Just my .02

L.L.

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2010, 10:11 am - IP Logged

I'd get married but, I'd make sure, to the best of my ability, that the person in question knew nothing of my winnings. This day and time, people know how to hide and disguise their motives very well and it would be in anyone's best interest to be extremely suspicious regarding a life partner.

I'm certain that no man or woman would want someone trying to hook up with them for pre-investigated financial securities with the lotto. Don't get me wrong, marriage is beautiful thing but, we have an obligation to simply use our common sense...especially in this case. Just my .02

L.L.

Lucky, Marriage is supose to be for life! I know it is fashionable to change husband and wives like you get rid of old shoes, not for me. Spending my Life Hiding things from the one I love, would not be a life I would care to have!  So either she or he is for real, or she/he can keep stepping! just my two cents!LoL  

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2010, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Lucky, Marriage is supose to be for life! I know it is fashionable to change husband and wives like you get rid of old shoes, not for me. Spending my Life Hiding things from the one I love, would not be a life I would care to have!  So either she or he is for real, or she/he can keep stepping! just my two cents!LoL  

tiggs bets ridge runner is laughing at the first sentence of this post..

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2010, 10:21 am - IP Logged

So you've never heard the phrase "starter marriage"? LOL

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1648 Posts
                              Posted: March 10, 2010, 10:28 am - IP Logged

I agree with what you say. However, if I'm not married now and I win a MM or PB, I'd be very, very cautious about "jumping the broom" at that point! Anyone would...at least I hope. If a person does their homework (background check so to speak), then lots of turmoil can be avoided and warded off.

Preparation is everything and you wouldn't need to hide anything if you're prepared the obstacles associated with having this kind of wealth. When you get ready to do your workout for Pick 3, I'm sure you approach it with extreme caution because your money is involved right???

Well, if you go to those extremes to insure that "those people" don't get you for this small amount of money then how much more do you owe to protect MM or PB money??? Come on, now. Let's be straight up with each other here.

I'm no fuddy duddy and you don't seem to be, either. Now, if you're already with someone and you win, this is a different case. They're already sharing your up's and downs. But, to jump into marriage with your check book wide open showcasing millions...No Nod

L.L.