Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery and Marriage: What would you do?

Topic closed. 114 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Winlotta.

Page 8 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

If you were single and suddenly won a lottery jackpot, would you get married later in life?

Yes [ 30 ]  [50.85%]
No [ 29 ]  [49.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 59 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
hoping2winbig's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
Nebraska
United States
Member #72306
March 15, 2009
289 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2010, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

hey rdg , Wut the heck does that  " get Jiggy " with it mean ........ must be one O them TN hill people sayins huh , sorta like my " dingle " eh  LOL

And YES we can all have more than one soul mate inna lifetime !

hey all ,

I just got back from gettin tikits an groceries and found that I won a FREEPLAY  tikit ! got 2 numbers on pik 5 woohooo ! can't beat that , cept for when I find out I'm the PB winner a bit later :):):)

Oh and I found out we are gettin Mega MIllions here very soon yippeeeeeee ! the puter spit out 2 free play tikits for MM while I was gettin my tonites tikits so that be very COOL ! 

I'm gonna win I'm gonna win I'm gonna win  BIGGGGGGGGGGGG !

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Chicago
    United States
    Member #70678
    February 8, 2009
    889 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2010, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

I think you got bad information ca-.

I got the official "Soulmates For Dummies" book and it says that only men can have multiple soulmates. Women can only have one.

And they got to get jiggy with it on a regular basis together.

I'm just relayin' what the book says.

HAHA I think you made that up cause I've read in a few books that we can have several soul mates.

LOL on the gettin jiggy with it.

stephi's avatar - winifrid
      rural lowcountry, south carolina
      United States
      Member #31677
      February 2, 2006
      196 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2010, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

stephi hon you've been watching to much TV..Get aw ay from the TV now..You will have to move if you ever get lucky and win millions you can take that to the bank..

I hardly ever watch TV. I've seen two cases on TV. Read about Anne Nicole Smith and her son and Brittany Murphy and Heath Ledger and DJ AM online. I read a lot of non fiction articles.

I have personally seen things happen. Such as with my mother's last husband (who has sinced passed away). When they were separating and he was moving out. He had purchased a handgun and told the next door neighbor that he wanted to kill both me and my mother for what reason other than to obtain her house, her savings, and her pension.

Most recently seeing my friendly caring boss having a recently hired employee file a police report and lawsuit claiming sexual touching (proven false by video camera).

In December of 2008 a customer driving a Mercedes-Benz was followed into the motel parking lot and their belongings later stolen out of their room by the same person following them while they went out to dinner.

I want no trouble. I try to be wise as the serpent. And I am highly distrustful of humans.

Thanks Rdgrnr for kind words.

Bondi Junction
        Australia
        Member #57242
        December 24, 2007
        1102 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2010, 4:49 am - IP Logged

Yes, I would marry a nice Russian chick, I hear they are good at taking old guys, I mean helping gentlemen to spend their money.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: March 14, 2010, 9:33 am - IP Logged

I hardly ever watch TV. I've seen two cases on TV. Read about Anne Nicole Smith and her son and Brittany Murphy and Heath Ledger and DJ AM online. I read a lot of non fiction articles.

I have personally seen things happen. Such as with my mother's last husband (who has sinced passed away). When they were separating and he was moving out. He had purchased a handgun and told the next door neighbor that he wanted to kill both me and my mother for what reason other than to obtain her house, her savings, and her pension.

Most recently seeing my friendly caring boss having a recently hired employee file a police report and lawsuit claiming sexual touching (proven false by video camera).

In December of 2008 a customer driving a Mercedes-Benz was followed into the motel parking lot and their belongings later stolen out of their room by the same person following them while they went out to dinner.

I want no trouble. I try to be wise as the serpent. And I am highly distrustful of humans.

Thanks Rdgrnr for kind words.

WoW Stephi, a good healthy portion of distrust of human beings is not bad, but there are still folks that can be trusted!  wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
            Member #88435
            March 16, 2010
            397 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2010, 9:34 am - IP Logged

I would mainly because I want a family. I would be careful dating and made sure the person I am getting involved with is on the level.

$1,000,000

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: March 19, 2010, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

hey rdg , Wut the heck does that  " get Jiggy " with it mean ........ must be one O them TN hill people sayins huh , sorta like my " dingle " eh  LOL

And YES we can all have more than one soul mate inna lifetime !

hey all ,

I just got back from gettin tikits an groceries and found that I won a FREEPLAY  tikit ! got 2 numbers on pik 5 woohooo ! can't beat that , cept for when I find out I'm the PB winner a bit later :):):)

Oh and I found out we are gettin Mega MIllions here very soon yippeeeeeee ! the puter spit out 2 free play tikits for MM while I was gettin my tonites tikits so that be very COOL ! 

I'm gonna win I'm gonna win I'm gonna win  BIGGGGGGGGGGGG !

"Gettin jiggy with it" was cool slang back in the early 90's if I recall.

I'm always a little slow to be "hip" so I just started using it recently.

Not really sure what it means but I think I sound cool when I say it, Daddy-O.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2010, 9:49 am - IP Logged

I would mainly because I want a family. I would be careful dating and made sure the person I am getting involved with is on the level.

I Agree!That is the Smart way!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2010, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

"Gettin jiggy with it" was cool slang back in the early 90's if I recall.

I'm always a little slow to be "hip" so I just started using it recently.

Not really sure what it means but I think I sound cool when I say it, Daddy-O.

Why is it when I think of "gettin jiggy with it" I think of Will Smith?

Winlotta's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                    Member #60014
                    April 3, 2008
                    735 Posts
                    Posted: March 21, 2010, 6:43 am - IP Logged

Winning the lottery has nothing to do with getting married.

Meeting the right person has everything to do with getting married.

I Agree!   The right person,  just like the right numbers on a lottery ticket, makes  all the differnce !!!

Patriot

`|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|`