Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery and Marriage: What would you do?

Topic closed. 114 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Winlotta.

Page 7 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

If you were single and suddenly won a lottery jackpot, would you get married later in life?

Yes [ 30 ]  [50.85%]
No [ 29 ]  [49.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 59 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: March 12, 2010, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

UH OOOH ridge has a live one...

What are you doin' up this late tigger?

Doesn't the home strap you down to the bed and turn off the lights at nine?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: March 12, 2010, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

I can't keep everybody smilin' Rosie so I concentrate on just half of 'em, the wimmins.   Big Grin

That's who I was refering to rd, us wimmins!!!! LoLoLoL...after some of the things you guys put us through; we need to keep smiling, and keep it moving or else!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2010, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

What are you doin' up this late tigger?

Doesn't the home strap you down to the bed and turn off the lights at nine?

I saw that movie!! what was the name of it?....oh yes Misery!..he he

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2010, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

That's who I was refering to rd, us wimmins!!!! LoLoLoL...after some of the things you guys put us through; we need to keep smiling, and keep it moving or else!!

I agree Rosie, keep it movin'.

I got a black cat bone and I got a mojo tooth.
        I got the John the Conquerer Root, I'm gonna mess with you.
        I'm gonna make you girls lead me by my hand,
        Then the world will know, I'm the hoochie coochie man.

On the seventh hour, of the seventh day,
        On the seventh month, the seven doctors said,
        "He was born for good luck and that you'll see."
        I got seven hundred dollars and don't you mess with me!

Cause you know I'm here

Everybody knows I'm here

I'm that hoochie coochie man

The whole round world knows I'm here.

"...after some of the things you guys put us through..."   heh, heh, heh, Rosie, Rosie, Rosie.

Put your arms around me

Like a circle round the Sun

I want you to call, call me daddy

Let me lay down in your arms

--Edmund Burke

stephi's avatar - winifrid
          rural lowcountry, south carolina
          United States
          Member #31677
          February 2, 2006
          196 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2010, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

"I would keep my old car, get another old car or two, have a single wide trailer and do my best to make it appear I am poor, and that I am unemployed because of health problems."

You agreed with Lucky Loser in your original post (who said he would get married).

I am not sure what you mean by the last part though?  Is that a plan to attract a potential husband?  Or to repel a  potential husband?  Big Grin

Just meaning whenever I win a jackpot, I won't make it appear I now have money. I will live as on the income I currently live on.  I am a motel desk clerk, I make 75 cents above the minimum wage. Most of the people I know live in singlewide trailers and the people I see regularly are other motel clerks, convenience store clerks, food service workers, and housekeepers. I am currently single, been single most all my life. I would want to repel those just looking for money. Its common to be killed by husbands/wives for your money. And with the multitude of easily available prescription drugs, its easy to get away with murder by giving someone a fatal mix of prescription drugs. It will almost always appear as an accidental death. I think Brittany Murphy was killed by her husband.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
            Republic of Texas
            United States
            Member #57557
            January 9, 2008
            1095 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2010, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Ya'll crack me up... Crazy

I've got to say No, I don't plan on getting married again.  I'll never allow another man to control me that way.  Been there, done that.  

However, I am  not adverse to marriage in its entirety.  My exact financial situation would never be revealed to anyone I did not trust explicitly.  Anyone met and considered a prospective groom after winning would be subject to a private investigation.  In any case at my age, a good companion would be sufficient, but I would be pretty damm picky about who I spent my time with.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2010, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Just meaning whenever I win a jackpot, I won't make it appear I now have money. I will live as on the income I currently live on.  I am a motel desk clerk, I make 75 cents above the minimum wage. Most of the people I know live in singlewide trailers and the people I see regularly are other motel clerks, convenience store clerks, food service workers, and housekeepers. I am currently single, been single most all my life. I would want to repel those just looking for money. Its common to be killed by husbands/wives for your money. And with the multitude of easily available prescription drugs, its easy to get away with murder by giving someone a fatal mix of prescription drugs. It will almost always appear as an accidental death. I think Brittany Murphy was killed by her husband.

I wish you luck stephi but I can't help but wonder why you're going to keep the same lifestyle, home, car etc. after you win.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2010, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

stephi hon you've been watching to much TV..Get aw ay from the TV now..You will have to move if you ever get lucky and win millions you can take that to the bank..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

stephi hon you've been watching to much TV..Get aw ay from the TV now..You will have to move if you ever get lucky and win millions you can take that to the bank..

I'd make myself available for counseling in case she won tiggs but I'm sure you'd misconstrue that into diabolical intentions.

But you never know, we could be soulmates (me and her, not me and you).

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2010, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I'd make myself available for counseling in case she won tiggs but I'm sure you'd misconstrue that into diabolical intentions.

tiggs would never think you would ever hit on anyone..Never would ever think that..Just because you do it day in and day out you'd never hit on a millionaire..to much class..tee hee tee heee...

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2010, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

You guys always make me laugh ..even on days when I am not so happy, like today with Luckyshoes loosing her dad and all,,,,and playgirl loosing her mom! It just brought memory of my lost! Thanks rd for making me smile!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                        Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #70678
                        February 8, 2009
                        889 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2010, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Hey ridgy I read that we can have more than one soulmate and soulmates aren't always lovers! They can also be your friends or ya know the people ya argue with on Lottery Post hehe!!!!!  LOL

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2010, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Hey ridgy I read that we can have more than one soulmate and soulmates aren't always lovers! They can also be your friends or ya know the people ya argue with on Lottery Post hehe!!!!!  LOL

Ca-dreamin* we are truly like a real family we argue and fight and make up and continue to play our numbers, and help each other win! LoL...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                            Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #70678
                            February 8, 2009
                            889 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2010, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Ca-dreamin* we are truly like a real family we argue and fight and make up and continue to play our numbers, and help each other win! LoL...

LOL YUP!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2010, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

I think you got bad information ca-.

I got the official "Soulmates For Dummies" book and it says that only men can have multiple soulmates. Women can only have one.

And they got to get jiggy with it on a regular basis together.

I'm just relayin' what the book says.

--Edmund Burke