Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery and Marriage: What would you do?

Topic closed. 114 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Winlotta.

Page 3 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

If you were single and suddenly won a lottery jackpot, would you get married later in life?

Yes [ 30 ]  [50.85%]
No [ 29 ]  [49.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 59 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Chicago
United States
Member #70678
February 8, 2009
889 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs, I have an appointed time with you, and when that time is up!! You Will be going to the bank!!  If I were You I would Thank GOD that I am already Married to a wonderfull person! And feel compassion for those who Want to get married!  It is a difficult road for them!

LOL rosina it's hard enough to find someone worth being with let alone one who actually wants to get married!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I don't know about that cause I've seen some women my age and I swear I don't know why the man is even with them.

LOL or do you mean age as far as whether or not someone would get married.   HAHAHA I can't even get the guy I'm seeing to call me his g/f  and he's made it very clear he will NEVER marry again. Ok I need to win a big jackpot LOL so I can see if he changes his mind hehe!

What tiggs meant was he's a lot older then you women here so he's a lot smarter and wiser..So if tiggs hits big time he's a lot smarter then the women not on the LP Lotto also..Did I say that clear enough..:).......

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't know about that cause I've seen some women my age and I swear I don't know why the man is even with them.

LOL or do you mean age as far as whether or not someone would get married.   HAHAHA I can't even get the guy I'm seeing to call me his g/f  and he's made it very clear he will NEVER marry again. Ok I need to win a big jackpot LOL so I can see if he changes his mind hehe!

Ca-dreamin* I like you.  I hope you hit the big one and mr right Finds you; I am sure he is looking for you!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49835 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery has nothing to do with getting married.

Meeting the right person has everything to do with getting married.

I Agree! Good Communication is paramount: The fact is that a conversation is by rights a two way street, where each person takes a turn at listening and talking. A real conversation gives equal power to both parties involved in a normal, everyday situation.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

What tiggs meant was he's a lot older then you women here so he's a lot smarter and wiser..So if tiggs hits big time he's a lot smarter then the women not on the LP Lotto also..Did I say that clear enough..:).......

When you hit big! you will not have to worry about the women coming, you are already  Married, unless you are going to pull aTiggs Woods????!!!        

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Chicago
            United States
            Member #70678
            February 8, 2009
            889 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Ca-dreamin* I like you.  I hope you hit the big one and mr right Finds you; I am sure he is looking for you!

Awww thank you rosina.    I'm sure he is too! I wish he'd stop hiding LOL!

Chicago
              United States
              Member #70678
              February 8, 2009
              889 Posts
              Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs you TOTALLY lost me.......

I can't speak for you but older doesn't always make a person smarter and wiser....more stubborn LOL yes!

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Awww thank you rosina.    I'm sure he is too! I wish he'd stop hiding LOL!

tiggs likes you to ca-....All you have to do is wear that Postal uniform out to the bars and men will flock around you and if you don't go to bars wear it to Church..Maybe some married man will hit on you there..

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs you TOTALLY lost me.......

I can't speak for you but older doesn't always make a person smarter and wiser....more stubborn LOL yes!

tiggs is a tad bit tired..old age is setting in..It's called senile..You will understand someday..

Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

tiggs likes you to ca-....All you have to do is wear that Postal uniform out to the bars and men will flock around you and if you don't go to bars wear it to Church..Maybe some married man will hit on you there..

OMG LMAO LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiggs......I already got too many married men hitting on me...LMAO I need a SINGLE ONE!!!! 

OMG rosina help me out here! LOL

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49835 Posts
                      Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

tiggs is a tad bit tired..old age is setting in..It's called senile..You will understand someday..

It's like trying to re-use a Stamp that has already been Cancelled! Wink

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

It's like trying to re-use a Stamp that has already been Cancelled! Wink

hehehe..cute..I'll use that someday..Thanks..

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #22395
                          September 24, 2005
                          1583 Posts
                          Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

do you feel that worthless, than a woman could see Nothing in you that's meaningful and lasting for her; other than your stinking Money????!!!  Remember she is not sleeping with your money, she has to sleep with you night, after night, after night....and not loving or liking anything about you???!!!..uufff No!!!

Worthless? Who said anything about that? 

I am sure there are some that would sleep night after night with guys they didn't like - because they like the standard of living.  There are many women married to rich guys and they cheat on their husbands...one has to assume they wouldn't take that risk if they loved those guys 100%.

Not all women have the standards you have jr.

Besides, I have NEVER met anyone that didn't like something about me.  I bring great pleasure to some by coming into a room and I also bring great pleasure to others by leaving the room! Big Grin

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: March 9, 2010, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Worthless? Who said anything about that? 

I am sure there are some that would sleep night after night with guys they didn't like - because they like the standard of living.  There are many women married to rich guys and they cheat on their husbands...one has to assume they wouldn't take that risk if they loved those guys 100%.

Not all women have the standards you have jr.

Besides, I have NEVER met anyone that didn't like something about me.  I bring great pleasure to some by coming into a room and I also bring great pleasure to others by leaving the room! Big Grin

Lol...I think that would be true of almost all humans, yes we are not going to be liked by everyone Thank GOD for that!

Thank you for the Standard Thing; but I am almost positive that most are not the Gold digging types.   I would hate to think it is not so!   As I said before,  my Casual friend told me that her Parents turned her into this what I call "domestic Prostitute"  I told her she is a big girl now and can end it anytime she wanted to reclaim her decency!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                              Portland,Oregon
                              United States
                              Member #14387
                              April 25, 2005
                              229 Posts
                              Posted: March 9, 2010, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Let's face it.  Lottery winners face numerous problems including divorce, lawsuits, news media, and greedy relatives.  For a single person who wins the lottery prize, marriage is a compromise to the control that winner has over the prize.  Not only that, but how do you know that the legions of men or women who run toward the lottery winner is actually interested in that person for him/her and not because of the money? 

I thought about this topic about "The Lottery and Marriage" this morning.  What would you do in this situation?  Would you remain single or would you marry later in life after winning a prize?  What are your thoughts on this situation?

You need a "maybe" or "it depends" selection to your poll! Cuz it does depend - on finding someone worth marrying - same basic search criteria would apply even after winning the lottery .... well with maybe a few extra criteria

*human

*good sense of humor

*not an alcoholic or druggie

*loves kids and cats (and ok dogs too)

*generous of heart

*intelligent

*likes to travel

*not only likes me as I am but also likes my friends

*liberal politics and conservative behavior

*already has enough of his own $$ that I know he's not just after mine

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison