Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My digit system for pick-5 or pick-6 lottery

Topic closed. 684 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jimmy4164.

Page 25 of 46
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #91941
May 28, 2010
113 Posts
Posted: July 25, 2010, 6:38 am - IP Logged

yep, my brother daughter married an airforce pilot. i don't known if i can tell you about my connection down in dallas fortworth lets just say i been on base there.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    3962 Posts
    Posted: July 25, 2010, 6:39 am - IP Logged

No , but I will!! Never noticed you were from Mo. I spent a lot of time in Mo, at Whiteman AFB, Knob Noster,Bulter, Sedalia and quite a few other towns, where there were missile sites.

CB

Iam old AF myself. I think most of the old sites are closed down now.  What years were you in.

I live in SW MO. Family on dad's side setteled here in the mid 1850's in the branson area been

here every since.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
      Member #91941
      May 28, 2010
      113 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2010, 6:43 am - IP Logged

me myself nope just had top security clearance  from the attorney general's office too work on computer's

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5893 Posts
        Posted: July 25, 2010, 6:47 am - IP Logged

Part of 61,62,63, spent about 6 months in 63. TDY out of Orlando AFB, FL. We had a detachment there. Spent quite a few evenings in Warrensburg in bar where mostly college kids hung out!!

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3962 Posts
          Posted: July 25, 2010, 6:53 am - IP Logged

Part of 61,62,63, spent about 6 months in 63. TDY out of Orlando AFB, FL. We had a detachment there. Spent quite a few evenings in Warrensburg in bar where mostly college kids hung out!!

That was before my time, I did spend some time at Eglin down your way.  We use to TDY for

training.  I love the Pensacola area. use to vacation there, hate to see it now with the oil

spill.  First time I ever seen white sand.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
            Member #91941
            May 28, 2010
            113 Posts
            Posted: July 25, 2010, 6:55 am - IP Logged

i got a lucky member number that tell ya my age sneaker 80)

i take it they ran out of numbers , the 24th was my 21 anv.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
              United States
              Member #4924
              June 3, 2004
              5893 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2010, 7:15 am - IP Logged

Good sugestion RL, I added the CSSSS file.

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3962 Posts
                Posted: July 25, 2010, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Good sugestion RL, I added the CSSSS file.

Bob

What do the C&D's look like on there own. This made a pretty big difference 

looks like about 42% jump on the 5of5's. I am just going from memory and

may be wrong.

RL

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  5893 Posts
                  Posted: July 25, 2010, 8:19 am - IP Logged

Here you are!

SG
                    Singapore
                    Member #91936
                    May 28, 2010
                    3 Posts
                    Posted: July 25, 2010, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Hi winsum,

Mind to create excel for 6/45?

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: July 25, 2010, 9:39 am - IP Logged

RL,

I completely agree with this statement.  It's why I play the lottery.

"A lottery player considers the odds but plays anyway,
                      Kind of like a certain paint store worker that may of considered the
                      odds but choose to sing anyway. And as Forest would say "that's all I
                      got to say about that"

This, however, contradicts the above.

"A person will win or lose not based on the odds but on the ticket he or she holds
                      in their hand."

Either you believe the odds are against you, and decide to play anyway, or you don't believe the odds have anything to do with your chances of winning.  You can't logically take both positions.

Also, even if something has gone awry in the winner picking process, either through human intervention or mechanical wear and tear, there can be no rationale for separating the digits in 2 digit numbers from a Pick-5 lottery machine where they are quite firmly "glued" together.  Until I can get past these issues, I'm stuck at the beginning of your system description.

For me, your methods will likely produce more desirable plays than Lottery QPs, but NOT because they will increase my overall odds of winning a jackpot.  What they appear to do is generate sets that increase the number of unique 2 and 3 digit sets.  To do more than this would require more capital than most can muster.  If you buy 10 Pick-6 tickets per draw using your method, and I always buy 10 identical tickets containing 1-2-3-4-5-6,  you will get 10 times as many wins, but the size of my wins will be 10 times yours!  (I prefer your approach or Quick Picks.) As Nicholas Taleb would say, unless a BLACK SWAN appears at your door some day, after a few thousand years, you will win what the Lottery Commissions are required by law to return to ticket holders.  In most states, this is 50% of the gross of the tickets purchased.

--Jimmy

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        3962 Posts
                        Posted: July 25, 2010, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

RL,

I completely agree with this statement.  It's why I play the lottery.

"A lottery player considers the odds but plays anyway,
                        Kind of like a certain paint store worker that may of considered the
                        odds but choose to sing anyway. And as Forest would say "that's all I
                        got to say about that"

This, however, contradicts the above.

"A person will win or lose not based on the odds but on the ticket he or she holds
                        in their hand."

Either you believe the odds are against you, and decide to play anyway, or you don't believe the odds have anything to do with your chances of winning.  You can't logically take both positions.

Also, even if something has gone awry in the winner picking process, either through human intervention or mechanical wear and tear, there can be no rationale for separating the digits in 2 digit numbers from a Pick-5 lottery machine where they are quite firmly "glued" together.  Until I can get past these issues, I'm stuck at the beginning of your system description.

For me, your methods will likely produce more desirable plays than Lottery QPs, but NOT because they will increase my overall odds of winning a jackpot.  What they appear to do is generate sets that increase the number of unique 2 and 3 digit sets.  To do more than this would require more capital than most can muster.  If you buy 10 Pick-6 tickets per draw using your method, and I always buy 10 identical tickets containing 1-2-3-4-5-6,  you will get 10 times as many wins, but the size of my wins will be 10 times yours!  (I prefer your approach or Quick Picks.) As Nicholas Taleb would say, unless a BLACK SWAN appears at your door some day, after a few thousand years, you will win what the Lottery Commissions are required by law to return to ticket holders.  In most states, this is 50% of the gross of the tickets purchased.

--Jimmy

jimmy

#1.  I know of know one who has won a lottery without a ticket

#2. The balls do not know what the odds are for the game.

#3. The odds have nothing to do with the winning set.

#4. The odds are beat each time someone wins the jackpot or

the lower prizes based on tickets purchased.

In the lottery the overall Odds are used to describe the chance of two sets matching.

Statistics would agree with the odds but do not allow for the individual player or

system.  If you were looking at the whole picture it would be very easy to dismiss

the system player based on the stats.  Blinded by the masses.  You put everyone

into the same basket from calculations made using data taken from the overall

data and see nothing unusual.  I would question any calculation made using this

sort of thinking.  True, one can get some sort of average from this but to say that

it pertains to everyone is very short sided.         

Odds are not a law that governs anything.  The odds cannot be used to describe a

winning ticket other than to say "they beat the odds".  

In a game with 100,000 possible sets the odds of winning are 1 in 100,000 for each set

played.  If 2 sets are played by the same person then this person has a 2 in 100,000 

chance of winning based on the odds. 

I do not live by the odds.  I do better than the odds would allow for every day.  I do

make many calculations based on nCR but not to calculate odds.  You may think this

is a contradiction but to me it is not.  If I used it to determind my chances then yes,

but I don't.  You also state that picking digits has no advantage, Well that's another

case for the basket. 

In your few post you have accused me of being, "disingenuous", and perhaps a "purveyor

of lottery software".  both of which are false statments.  I have worked very hard to describe

this system.  I have gotten many PM's from people that have done well using it.  It is not

some magic software, It is a way to make fewer choices to reduce sets with the idea being

that "Fewer choices means fewer mistakes."  I can still make many mistakes in my selections

and still beat the odds for my game using this system.  Some people will have different results

because I built this custom for me. 

Even those that have not won any big amount often say that had they changed only one or

two settings they would have been in the money.  I cannot teach anyone to make the correct

decisions, I can give them better tools.  fewer choices fewer, mistakes.   You will most likely

accuse me of using odds because I claim to beat the odds,  but I think that most people

understand what I am saying here.

RL

Rockwell's avatar - redordead
                          New York
                          United States
                          Member #66776
                          November 6, 2008
                          91 Posts
                          Posted: July 25, 2010, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Hi RL,

I appreciate your help. I appreciate your posting of it as well. Sometimes you get labeled for your beliefs, but many of us are not like that and I for one agree with your assessment.

Thanks again,

Rock

Tomorrow's numbers are in Todays results!

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: July 26, 2010, 12:18 am - IP Logged

jimmy

#1.  I know of know one who has won a lottery without a ticket

#2. The balls do not know what the odds are for the game.

#3. The odds have nothing to do with the winning set.

#4. The odds are beat each time someone wins the jackpot or

the lower prizes based on tickets purchased.

In the lottery the overall Odds are used to describe the chance of two sets matching.

Statistics would agree with the odds but do not allow for the individual player or

system.  If you were looking at the whole picture it would be very easy to dismiss

the system player based on the stats.  Blinded by the masses.  You put everyone

into the same basket from calculations made using data taken from the overall

data and see nothing unusual.  I would question any calculation made using this

sort of thinking.  True, one can get some sort of average from this but to say that

it pertains to everyone is very short sided.         

Odds are not a law that governs anything.  The odds cannot be used to describe a

winning ticket other than to say "they beat the odds".  

In a game with 100,000 possible sets the odds of winning are 1 in 100,000 for each set

played.  If 2 sets are played by the same person then this person has a 2 in 100,000 

chance of winning based on the odds. 

I do not live by the odds.  I do better than the odds would allow for every day.  I do

make many calculations based on nCR but not to calculate odds.  You may think this

is a contradiction but to me it is not.  If I used it to determind my chances then yes,

but I don't.  You also state that picking digits has no advantage, Well that's another

case for the basket. 

In your few post you have accused me of being, "disingenuous", and perhaps a "purveyor

of lottery software".  both of which are false statments.  I have worked very hard to describe

this system.  I have gotten many PM's from people that have done well using it.  It is not

some magic software, It is a way to make fewer choices to reduce sets with the idea being

that "Fewer choices means fewer mistakes."  I can still make many mistakes in my selections

and still beat the odds for my game using this system.  Some people will have different results

because I built this custom for me. 

Even those that have not won any big amount often say that had they changed only one or

two settings they would have been in the money.  I cannot teach anyone to make the correct

decisions, I can give them better tools.  fewer choices fewer, mistakes.   You will most likely

accuse me of using odds because I claim to beat the odds,  but I think that most people

understand what I am saying here.

RL

RL,

There is one unequivocally true statement in your Post above:

"In a game with 100,000 possible sets the odds of winning are 1 in 100,000 for each set

chance of winning based on the odds."

Unfortunately, I either can't agree, or I'm completely baffled by most everything else.

E.G., what value is there in pointing out the obvious fact that you must buy a ticket to win?

Most people play lotteries for years.  The important question that everyone must answer for themselves is, "How much money can I expect to win (or lose) over the LONG HAUL, using my chosen method?"  All references to actual winnings over specific time periods that I've read here are vague, at best.

PLEASE!

1) Go to Wikipedia and enter "Gambler's Fallacy" into the search box and click Search.

2) Read the article in its entirety, slowly.

3) If you still believe most of what you wrote above, go back to 1)

4) Great!  Perhaps we can now have a more productive discussion.

--Jimmy

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3962 Posts
                              Posted: July 26, 2010, 2:42 am - IP Logged

RL,

There is one unequivocally true statement in your Post above:

"In a game with 100,000 possible sets the odds of winning are 1 in 100,000 for each set

chance of winning based on the odds."

Unfortunately, I either can't agree, or I'm completely baffled by most everything else.

E.G., what value is there in pointing out the obvious fact that you must buy a ticket to win?

Most people play lotteries for years.  The important question that everyone must answer for themselves is, "How much money can I expect to win (or lose) over the LONG HAUL, using my chosen method?"  All references to actual winnings over specific time periods that I've read here are vague, at best.

PLEASE!

1) Go to Wikipedia and enter "Gambler's Fallacy" into the search box and click Search.

2) Read the article in its entirety, slowly.

3) If you still believe most of what you wrote above, go back to 1)

4) Great!  Perhaps we can now have a more productive discussion.

--Jimmy

Read It, Nothing new. I remember it from psych-101 many years ago.   I filed it between "Flat world"

and "If God wanted us to fly he would have given us wings" I am sure you can quote from those too. 

You see, I know what I know and you cannot change my mind.  Your inabilty to accept that some things

occure more often then others is what baffles me.   I make choices and live by the results.   Maybe your

time would be better spent trying to get the states to suspend all lotteries or just sell scratchers.   And

while you are at it, maybe you can get the stock exchange closed too.  This is America and the last time

I checked I was still free to play the lottery as I see fit.   There are those that would like to dictate and

decide what is best for the rest of us.

Page 25 of 46