Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do people play QP's?

Topic closed. 181 replies. Last post 6 years ago by cajunken.

Page 11 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Why do you play QP's?

Convenience/Saves Time [ 21 ]  [23.86%]
QP's Win The Most Jackpots [ 18 ]  [20.45%]
I play a set of "personal" numbers [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
I play both QP's and Play Slip's [ 34 ]  [38.64%]
I never play QP's [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
What's a QP?? [ 3 ]  [3.41%]
Total Valid Votes [ 88 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2010, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

In New York, it's true that QP's win the most jackpots.  Do you play strictly QP's? If so, why?

Why do people play quick picks??!!

Because of this topic,  I asked a neighbor who plays nothing but QPs?!

Here are her answers...."Because I want to, I saw how many people won with them  and Because If I am going to win, I am going to win!"   I aske  "how long have you been playing", she said   "oh about...my daughter was around five when I started Playin she is 27 now...Yes, 22 years!! 

Wow I said "have you ever came close.... she replied "well, yes and no, I had a lot of 3 out of 5 and about 5 times,  I got 4 out of 6" 

Perception is a very interesting thing, absent of any concrete and undeniable, recordable proof  that QP is better that any  developed method, we are told that indeed we should all just abandoned  any number research and all just become a group of QP players!! 

Because some believe/"know"/perceive,  that it's better and it works for them!   ok, that's good for them!! However,

I believe "know" perceive that my method of picking the numbers work for me, why????!!  because I have gone many times to cash on those very tickets, won with information I had from my workout sheets... many times corroborated by information from a few LP Players;  It has work for me more times than the purchase of a QP;  all I ever gotten from those, are some free plays....that never played!...LOL...LOL..

Why do people play QP's???    I believe it's as simple as what my neighbor said,  because they want to, they herd how some have won Jackpots with them, they believe in them...

and I will never speak against that with anyone who strongly believe in them Belief is a very importante component....

My Neighbor and I spoke, and she continues with her QP choices and I continue with my friends the Digits, that I love so much!  end of Story. the end!

Next week she is coming over we are going to bake an Upside Down cake  and a Red Velvet cake for her daughters Birthday!! 

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2010, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Some people like to lose with PQ's and some people like to lose with thier choice of #'S..tiggs perfers both..So be it..

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2010, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Some people like to lose with PQ's and some people like to lose with thier choice of #'S..tiggs perfers both..So be it..

Indee tiggs so be it!! when you chose to QP that is a coise one makes! so what ever the outcome you must be happy as well,   

When I look at my sheet and buy my numbers based on what I see it's indee my choise also, the diference is in this case it wes trully my choise; and not the choise of  a selection made for me!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2010, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Indee tiggs so be it!! when you chose to QP that is a coise one makes! so what ever the outcome you must be happy as well,   

When I look at my sheet and buy my numbers based on what I see it's indee my choise also, the diference is in this case it wes trully my choise; and not the choise of  a selection made for me!!

?

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2010, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

?

What?Tiggs are you there?!! try to keep up tiggs; I meant the QPs the QPs!! as far as I am concerned in my humble opinion QP's are a set of numbers pick by a machine for me like some kind of fortune cookies slip...I rather do my own work win, lose, or draw!!!  And as for me I do more of the winning, than I do with QP's..are you ok?!!!!!!!!!!!!!are  you taking your medicne!!!...LOL...LOL..Green laughSorry tiggs, I could not resist!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
            light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2010, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

i should have been more complete in my explanation of QP's  vs "systems"  beliefs.

i buy 1 quick pick,  because for me it an easy way to tell if i am "meant to".   any more than that,  is a waste of time and money.......for me.

i have zero problem with a different angle than mine,  in that someone prefers to choose their own numbers, instead of a QP.

if a person thinks that birthday numbers are more fun to play than a QP for instance,  have at it.

the part i disagree with,  and work against theory wise, is the notion that anyone can gain an edge in winning any lottery thru any type of number selection,   because the lottery is a completely 100% random / unpredictable event.

random in it's design,  and unpredictable by any human

there is no portion of a lottery drawing that is "predictable",  so long as the drawings have all the integrity security features in place.

what bothers me about "systems" proponents thinking "it" works,  is the false future hope attached to that perceived possibility,  and how much time - effort - money people throw at a truly random / unpredictable event.

that's why i contend against "systems".   it's not that i am against "numbers",  and advocate "QP only",   it's the notion that someone can win consistently with a "system",   and the false hope that provides others.

lottery has been around for how long?    the only ones who have been able to crack it,  are the "lottery officials" who taint the draws,  and share the wealth with other accessories to their crime.

even common sense applied to that sentance knows it's random

pure and simple,  man ditches their common sense when they dream of a "maybe"

not anti-numbers,  or just pro-QP,  just anti-"systems"

VISIONwaDUDE

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10353 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

One Sunday morning on one of the NFL pre-game shows the late Pete Axthelm spoke for about 15 minutes on betting on football.

He talked about home field advantage, is it a natural grass team on the road against an artifical surface team, is the QB having problems at home, on and on and one with such things.

Then, near the very end of his dissertation, he had a stage hand throw a football out on to the floor of the stage set, and he said, "So in the long run you're betting on how something shaped like this is going to bounce."

Green laugh

He who has ears let him hear.

Vegas handicappers (sports and pony bettors) who play parlay cards consider anything beyond a three teamer as a Keno or lottery ticket. In other words, hitting them is pure luck.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

i should have been more complete in my explanation of QP's  vs "systems"  beliefs.

i buy 1 quick pick,  because for me it an easy way to tell if i am "meant to".   any more than that,  is a waste of time and money.......for me.

i have zero problem with a different angle than mine,  in that someone prefers to choose their own numbers, instead of a QP.

if a person thinks that birthday numbers are more fun to play than a QP for instance,  have at it.

the part i disagree with,  and work against theory wise, is the notion that anyone can gain an edge in winning any lottery thru any type of number selection,   because the lottery is a completely 100% random / unpredictable event.

random in it's design,  and unpredictable by any human

there is no portion of a lottery drawing that is "predictable",  so long as the drawings have all the integrity security features in place.

what bothers me about "systems" proponents thinking "it" works,  is the false future hope attached to that perceived possibility,  and how much time - effort - money people throw at a truly random / unpredictable event.

that's why i contend against "systems".   it's not that i am against "numbers",  and advocate "QP only",   it's the notion that someone can win consistently with a "system",   and the false hope that provides others.

lottery has been around for how long?    the only ones who have been able to crack it,  are the "lottery officials" who taint the draws,  and share the wealth with other accessories to their crime.

even common sense applied to that sentance knows it's random

pure and simple,  man ditches their common sense when they dream of a "maybe"

not anti-numbers,  or just pro-QP,  just anti-"systems"

VISIONwaDUDE

Vision, you said "Lottery has been around for how long? the only ones that have been able to crack it are the Lottery Officilas who taint the draws and share the wealth with other accessories to their crime"

Then you say: "There is not portion of a Lottery drawing that is predictable...SO LONG as the drawings have all the Integrity security features in place"

Is it just me?!  or are those two contradictory Statements??

If not!  then those words you wrote are the very reason why;  we can do our workout sheets,  knowing that the digits are  manipulated  and it is NOT drawn with  pristine "Integrity and Security". that's the only way you say it would not be predictable!

1.They are cracking it and passing information to friends as you said!

2. therefore it is not been Drawn with Integrity and Security!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                  Member #81843
                  October 31, 2009
                  856 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

WoW! 4 out of 6, that’s almost as good as me getting 14 out of 20 playing Keno(PP)! 

DD

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: July 10, 2010, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

WoW! 4 out of 6, that’s almost as good as me getting 14 out of 20 playing Keno(PP)! 

DD

Yeah DD, and that was after almost 16 years!!! into her  quick pickings!Shocked

Oh, WellConfused

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

light on my feet
                      United States
                      Member #356
                      May 20, 2002
                      2744 Posts
                      Posted: July 10, 2010, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Vision, you said "Lottery has been around for how long? the only ones that have been able to crack it are the Lottery Officilas who taint the draws and share the wealth with other accessories to their crime"

Then you say: "There is not portion of a Lottery drawing that is predictable...SO LONG as the drawings have all the Integrity security features in place"

Is it just me?!  or are those two contradictory Statements??

If not!  then those words you wrote are the very reason why;  we can do our workout sheets,  knowing that the digits are  manipulated  and it is NOT drawn with  pristine "Integrity and Security". that's the only way you say it would not be predictable!

1.They are cracking it and passing information to friends as you said!

2. therefore it is not been Drawn with Integrity and Security!

nope,  not contradictory at all.

for any person to say the can manipulate a lottery result in their favor,  is completely untrue......unless like i alluded to......they had inside "help".

much like that lottery movie "lucky numbers" with john travolta,  where he arranged "inside help".

other than that,  the lottery is purely a random event,  so long as it is conducted with security and integrity measures in place.

because they change machines and ball sets regularly,  there isn't even a possibility someone could gain an edge,  even if they could statistic-wise pick up some "mechanical" bias,  and play off of the averages of that.

the interchange of different machines and ballsets makes that possibility -------->  impossible

you always have to go back to this as a true measurement.......the time the lottery has been around,  vs the ability of players to consistently extract money from it.

anyone who does.........it's WAY more of the "fate" factor,  rather than "skill"

so unless you are able to sneak into the room pre-drawing,  and paint an undetectable "pimple" on the balls (to weight it) you have marked on your pre-drawing playslip.......then no..........not gonna happen

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: July 10, 2010, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

nope,  not contradictory at all.

for any person to say the can manipulate a lottery result in their favor,  is completely untrue......unless like i alluded to......they had inside "help".

much like that lottery movie "lucky numbers" with john travolta,  where he arranged "inside help".

other than that,  the lottery is purely a random event,  so long as it is conducted with security and integrity measures in place.

because they change machines and ball sets regularly,  there isn't even a possibility someone could gain an edge,  even if they could statistic-wise pick up some "mechanical" bias,  and play off of the averages of that.

the interchange of different machines and ballsets makes that possibility -------->  impossible

you always have to go back to this as a true measurement.......the time the lottery has been around,  vs the ability of players to consistently extract money from it.

anyone who does.........it's WAY more of the "fate" factor,  rather than "skill"

so unless you are able to sneak into the room pre-drawing,  and paint an undetectable "pimple" on the balls (to weight it) you have marked on your pre-drawing playslip.......then no..........not gonna happen

Vision!: That would mean that I am Blessed and Highly Favored By THE ALMIGHTY GOD, which I stongly doubt...I have broken HIS commandments  way too often in the past, and I am still Strugling with The ME That must stand down

to have any specialty With GOD ALMIGHTY,  so it has to be the workoutsheets and the my study of the History of the Drawn numbers... for I do win far more often with the numbers I see in my workout sheets, than with any Quick Pick...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: July 10, 2010, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Vision!: That would mean that I am Blessed and Highly Favored By THE ALMIGHTY GOD, which I stongly doubt...I have broken HIS commandments  way too often in the past, and I am still Strugling with The ME That must stand down

to have any specialty With GOD ALMIGHTY,  so it has to be the workoutsheets and the my study of the History of the Drawn numbers... for I do win far more often with the numbers I see in my workout sheets, than with any Quick Pick...

then you do have God blessing you thru this avenue,  because the lottery is random jrosina.

"number selection" has nothing to do with it

why would you sell yourself short like that anyway,  and automatically discount yourself from what He could,  or wants to do thru your life?

you know enough about who God is,  and how He works to know it's not so much about what you have/have not done,  that necessarily negates OR facilitates Gods "blessings".

sure,  we can both put ourselves in a position where God can trust us......and we can exclude ourselves from it for willful disobedience,  but.....

the beauty of Gods grace is that more often than not God blesses us when we don't  "deserve" it.

why?   because He loves us.

but you know just as well as i do that when God blesses us especially when we don't deserve it - guess who gets the credit for that?   you or Him?

think of it this way.      soloman,  who probably even by todays standards, was (and is still is)  the richest man that ever lived,  and he sure didn't "deserve it".

4 things....

(1) don't make it out to be anything other than what it is.  "if"  God is blessing you this way,  go with it, and thank Him for it. 

(2)  don't assign it to anything else but Him,  because if you do,  there is that "chance" that He can remove it as well,  because He will not share the "credit" of it's "origin"  with anything/anyone else.

(3)  from now on,  you do not live in the land of "self qualification",  because none of us can anyway.  that's self defeating, because our lives go "up and down" that way drastically at times,  whereas God is always linear.

(4)  be careful about what you say to others about "what" God happens to be doing in your life.  just because it is happening to you,  doesn't mean it will in others. 

God has a plan for each of us,  and when it gets down to it,  money or no money, "amounts of money"  isn't what keeps us spiritually afloat.     given a week to live......"money" will buy a better funeral,  that's all

a relationship with Christ doesn't matter if you have $2 or $200 in your wallet.......it's the same

personally,  the reason i play 1 QP,  is because of my signature,  and when that happens.....the last thing i want is for someone to blame what happen to me on some "numbers" excuse.

not me.  i want "the blame" to fall squarely on Gods shoulders.......cuz His are bigger than mine

i want 100% of the credit to end up where it rightfully belongs,  otherwise what i have,  becomes "rust"

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: July 10, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

then you do have God blessing you thru this avenue,  because the lottery is random jrosina.

"number selection" has nothing to do with it

why would you sell yourself short like that anyway,  and automatically discount yourself from what He could,  or wants to do thru your life?

you know enough about who God is,  and how He works to know it's not so much about what you have/have not done,  that necessarily negates OR facilitates Gods "blessings".

sure,  we can both put ourselves in a position where God can trust us......and we can exclude ourselves from it for willful disobedience,  but.....

the beauty of Gods grace is that more often than not God blesses us when we don't  "deserve" it.

why?   because He loves us.

but you know just as well as i do that when God blesses us especially when we don't deserve it - guess who gets the credit for that?   you or Him?

think of it this way.      soloman,  who probably even by todays standards, was (and is still is)  the richest man that ever lived,  and he sure didn't "deserve it".

4 things....

(1) don't make it out to be anything other than what it is.  "if"  God is blessing you this way,  go with it, and thank Him for it. 

(2)  don't assign it to anything else but Him,  because if you do,  there is that "chance" that He can remove it as well,  because He will not share the "credit" of it's "origin"  with anything/anyone else.

(3)  from now on,  you do not live in the land of "self qualification",  because none of us can anyway.  that's self defeating, because our lives go "up and down" that way drastically at times,  whereas God is always linear.

(4)  be careful about what you say to others about "what" God happens to be doing in your life.  just because it is happening to you,  doesn't mean it will in others. 

God has a plan for each of us,  and when it gets down to it,  money or no money, "amounts of money"  isn't what keeps us spiritually afloat.     given a week to live......"money" will buy a better funeral,  that's all

a relationship with Christ doesn't matter if you have $2 or $200 in your wallet.......it's the same

personally,  the reason i play 1 QP,  is because of my signature,  and when that happens.....the last thing i want is for someone to blame what happen to me on some "numbers" excuse.

not me.  i want "the blame" to fall squarely on Gods shoulders.......cuz His are bigger than mine

i want 100% of the credit to end up where it rightfully belongs,  otherwise what i have,  becomes "rust"

Vission; I say Yes!!!  to HIM Having ALL the Credit!!! Because it is HIS!!!  Yes to what HE is doing!

I will take your advice about the self beating up; I do on a regular Basis; Just Don't want any surprices on That Day

YESHUA HAMESSIAH Said many will come on that day and they are going to hear some not so good news!!!  I Don't want to be among those who take HIS Grace and MERCY for GRanted!!!   

But on your take on the QP, I am going to have to Disagree with the Quick Pick thing.  

Vision, Who gives the capacity to formulate thoughts and Ideas, is it not HIM so how could any one be arrogant  and foolish enough  to take Credit for something that is not theirs in the first place!!!

The Brain was not an idea of ours...LOL...LOL... As I sit her typing on this key board I marvel how HE allows me to fly through these set of letters with such ease and almost effortless! can I dear take Credit for even this???!!!  NO!!! Absolutely NOT!!

You winning with QP's or by collecting number data you have to use the braain HE gave! so all will ALWAYS BE to HIS credit!  Not yours or mine!  That Much I am clear on!! 

On all the other eye-opening things you said, I will meditate on and I will say  thanks for this,    So Thank you Vission,  you are a great person!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: July 10, 2010, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Vission; I say Yes!!!  to HIM Having ALL the Credit!!! Because it is HIS!!!  Yes to what HE is doing!

I will take your advice about the self beating up; I do on a regular Basis; Just Don't want any surprices on That Day

YESHUA HAMESSIAH Said many will come on that day and they are going to hear some not so good news!!!  I Don't want to be among those who take HIS Grace and MERCY for GRanted!!!   

But on your take on the QP, I am going to have to Disagree with the Quick Pick thing.  

Vision, Who gives the capacity to formulate thoughts and Ideas, is it not HIM so how could any one be arrogant  and foolish enough  to take Credit for something that is not theirs in the first place!!!

The Brain was not an idea of ours...LOL...LOL... As I sit her typing on this key board I marvel how HE allows me to fly through these set of letters with such ease and almost effortless! can I dear take Credit for even this???!!!  NO!!! Absolutely NOT!!

You winning with QP's or by collecting number data you have to use the braain HE gave! so all will ALWAYS BE to HIS credit!  Not yours or mine!  That Much I am clear on!! 

On all the other eye-opening things you said, I will meditate on and I will say  thanks for this,    So Thank you Vission,  you are a great person!

tiggs has his own personal "Brain"..

Page 11 of 13