Welcome Guest
You last visited December 12, 2017, 10:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do people play QP's?

Topic closed. 181 replies. Last post 7 years ago by cajunken.

Page 4 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Why do you play QP's?

Convenience/Saves Time [ 21 ]  [23.86%]
QP's Win The Most Jackpots [ 18 ]  [20.45%]
I play a set of "personal" numbers [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
I play both QP's and Play Slip's [ 34 ]  [38.64%]
I never play QP's [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
What's a QP?? [ 3 ]  [3.41%]
Total Valid Votes [ 88 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
23483 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2010, 8:00 am - IP Logged

I know, everyone thinks the sales will be big and the pool of the QP combinations will be more completely exhausted. Therefore You think your chances of winning are better because you will buy from that pool. Hogwash. What you think and what is happening are two different things : with the multiple wins from QP’s in jackpot games, those results say the pool is limited and not exhausted. Furthermore it has been observed by players that the same losing sets of numbers were sold for the same game, same draw. Even further, multiple QP jackpot winners win from QPs in the same game, same draw for the jackpot prize.

If you are going to play these games, play your own combinations every draw or chase numbers. The QP pool is not the full pool for sale WITHOUT REPEAT or DUPLICATE SALES. What a waste of your money playing this way!

DD

Playing Qp's is is betting in a fixed game where the house always wins. The fever for big jackposts insures that.

Very good point about repeat and duplicate sales. The majority of quick pick'ers may be victims of a quick pick pool. Who would know any better?

A person in Philadelphia PA might be tossing their losing qp ticket grumbling about the rotten numbers they got while another person in Erie, PA

might be tossing their ticket with the same numbers. How many people care to think beyond their losing numbers and just look forward to the next

game so they can try it again?

Thinking about quick picks in this way suggests doubt about whether they actually are random...I don't trust they are truly random. I woudn't

be surprised to hear many people are getting the same, exact numbers for the same game day.

I have to add, even with my skepticism, quick picks work. I wouldn't be telling anyone to go and only buy quick picks. I've never examined the

big game numbers beyond scanning them quickly for stand out patterns..I don't use spreadsheets, programs, etc and mainly when I do play,

I'll buy quick picks or fill in a ticket with some favorite numbers and hope for the best. Lately the best hasn't happened and I normally do not

like the jackpot games. I only liked it the day I won on, you guessed it, a quick pick. So you can't write them off completely because sometimes

you just get very lucky.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10547 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2010, 10:07 am - IP Logged

At "the end of the day" no matter what the method of the number selection was, for six played numbers to match six drawn numbers is pure luck, and nothing more.

Someone hits with a QP - LUCK

Someone uses a NASA program - LUCK

Someone plays six family birthdays - LUCK

Someone plays six family borthdays, marks one wrong, and hits all six - LUCK

Someone hits buy buying a mistake - LUCK

Lep    Lep    Lep    Lep    Lep

"That moment in time was just structured that way"

-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5690 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2010, 10:30 am - IP Logged

People play quick picks because they can.  The typical quick pick player has nary an idea when the draw is or how the game is run.  The typical quick pick player is in a hurry therefore,  convenience.  The typical QP player does not know what Lottery Post is!  The typical QP player has no idea how to fill out a play slip.

And here is a couple of questions for the picking masses:

If there were no QP's available,  and people would have to learn to fill out play slips,  learn the odds,  would they still play?

Would CT still tout the QP way?  Would there be a CT if there was no QP?

Would American Pickers randomly pick?

What?

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2010, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I very seldom Play QPs; no surprise here right??! Not knocking any one who do!! It's your  half dollar,  dollar to do what you feel like...I'll do the same with mine...But be Jumping, flipping,  go crazy for  Joy when you win!!!Hyper  it's like that around here! we are genuinly happy to see our LP Family Members win!!  so hit  big, hit small, QP or no QP  let's just Play ON!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2010, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

i say is because they know that the state lottery controls who wins, if they want to make you win they can...Something i still believe today....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

CA
            United States
            Member #84266
            December 26, 2009
            410 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2010, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

People who only play QPs are the occasional players and they are the ones that win. At least that's what I believe.

I believe that one should stop trying so hard (number work outs and systems) to win and just simply play without premediating.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2010, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Very good point about repeat and duplicate sales. The majority of quick pick'ers may be victims of a quick pick pool. Who would know any better?

A person in Philadelphia PA might be tossing their losing qp ticket grumbling about the rotten numbers they got while another person in Erie, PA

might be tossing their ticket with the same numbers. How many people care to think beyond their losing numbers and just look forward to the next

game so they can try it again?

Thinking about quick picks in this way suggests doubt about whether they actually are random...I don't trust they are truly random. I woudn't

be surprised to hear many people are getting the same, exact numbers for the same game day.

I have to add, even with my skepticism, quick picks work. I wouldn't be telling anyone to go and only buy quick picks. I've never examined the

big game numbers beyond scanning them quickly for stand out patterns..I don't use spreadsheets, programs, etc and mainly when I do play,

I'll buy quick picks or fill in a ticket with some favorite numbers and hope for the best. Lately the best hasn't happened and I normally do not

like the jackpot games. I only liked it the day I won on, you guessed it, a quick pick. So you can't write them off completely because sometimes

you just get very lucky.

Dr, You said: "... and I normally do not like the jackpot games. I only liked it the day I won..."

Have you ever considered the dreamy notion that you and I could be soul-mates?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2010, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

People who only play QPs are the occasional players and they are the ones that win. At least that's what I believe.

I believe that one should stop trying so hard (number work outs and systems) to win and just simply play without premediating.

badboy00z, wood that what you said  is true, but no; not for me!  

I do not buy QP on a regular basis But I do my workouts!  I have a neighbor and her daughter that all they do  is buy QPS and have not won any cash but do get a lot of Free Plays.  

My digits have spoken on the  workout-sheet and have caused me to win!!!  not so with QPS besides the digits is my Passion, I love them, no stress here!! LoL

But if QP's work for you,  then do you,  I will be rooting for you to hit that QP!!! Yes!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2010, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Dr, You said: "... and I normally do not like the jackpot games. I only liked it the day I won..."

Have you ever considered the dreamy notion that you and I could be soul-mates?

rd!!!!  there you go you sweet talker you!!!LoL...LOL..Big Smile

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10547 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2010, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

People play quick picks because they can.  The typical quick pick player has nary an idea when the draw is or how the game is run.  The typical quick pick player is in a hurry therefore,  convenience.  The typical QP player does not know what Lottery Post is!  The typical QP player has no idea how to fill out a play slip.

And here is a couple of questions for the picking masses:

If there were no QP's available,  and people would have to learn to fill out play slips,  learn the odds,  would they still play?

Would CT still tout the QP way?  Would there be a CT if there was no QP?

Would American Pickers randomly pick?

What?

Jarasan,

Let''s say some people play QPs for the reason you stated.

Now I'm a gonna try and a tole everybody one a more time, using a Pick 5 as an example since she's a drawn everyday,

2008:

To date:

68 Jackpots

56 QP  82.35%

35 PS    51.47%

2009:

To date:

76 Jackpots

65 QP 
                    85.52%

39 PS
                       51.31%

Total jackpot money paid out to date: $17,295,000

2010:

To date:

77 Jackpots

37 PP  48%

61 QP  79.22%

CT no always playa the quick pick. CT start a track a the game everyday a few years ago, CT see the jackpot go QP QP QP QP QP (usually played in Chicago). CT see a that for the last two and a half a year the QP always win a lotta more often than a the player pick.You looka at the percentages above, capish?

OOFANAPOLI! MANAHGE A DEE-AL!

A lotta people on LP they's a no like a da quick pick, they's a talk about how they pick a the number, they even deny the quick a pick hit a mosta the time, but I'm not a see a any of these people track a game to show actual results, ah?

Inna 2008 the quick pick she's a hit 30.88% of the time more than a the player pick.

In a 2009 the QP she's a 34.21% more often.

And so far inna 2010, she's a 31.22% a more often, prety consistent, no?

When a somebody who no likela the quick pick posta results that say the quick pick isn't as good as the pick-a-uoi-nose pick, then CT a listen up. But a so far all I see is opinion with a no verification. Until a then, I know whatta the stats a say, and the no-QP crowd, well a maybe they a STATATZEET.

Buono foruna,

Coin

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                      NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      4176 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2010, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Today I notta gonna do da queek peek...

No, today Is-uh too hot, so I gonna go to da beech, getta all a sunnabrown widda sand inna shoo's.....

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10547 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Today I notta gonna do da queek peek...

No, today Is-uh too hot, so I gonna go to da beech, getta all a sunnabrown widda sand inna shoo's.....

Green laugh

So you thinka she's a free country? I'm a take a my girlfriend Virginia on a train ride from a New York to a Miami. She's a get a dark outside. I'm a hug a Virginia. I'm a kiss a Virginia. I'm a gonna make a love to a Virginia. Train she's a stop.  Some a gavone with a blue jacket and a badge knock on a the door to our berth and a say, "Norfolka  Virginia!"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5690 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2010, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Ima aska one a mora time,  no QP?, no CT?  Don't a think so.  Maybe CT talk about picka good numbas?

White Bounce

Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5690 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2010, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Ima aska one a mora time,  no QP?, no CT?  Don't a think so.  Maybe CT talk about picka good numbas?

White Bounce

No,  but really CT,  I and most everybody here don't care that more people hit with QP's, QP's they are not for ME or anybody who plays seriously to win............... not by a fluke or luck.  It is just irritating and pointless to keep repeating the QP mantras.  Go to Maddogs challenge's and use QP's and see how you do...  I use no QP's look at the stats.  Some players here have very good systems,  there have been several 5 of 5's and 6 of 6's on the predictions.

jimjwright's avatar - silver 3.png
                              Park City, UT
                              United States
                              Member #69864
                              January 18, 2009
                              1005 Posts
                              Posted: July 6, 2010, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan,

Let''s say some people play QPs for the reason you stated.

Now I'm a gonna try and a tole everybody one a more time, using a Pick 5 as an example since she's a drawn everyday,

2008:

To date:

68 Jackpots

56 QP  82.35%

35 PS    51.47%

2009:

To date:

76 Jackpots

65 QP 
                              85.52%

39 PS
                                 51.31%

Total jackpot money paid out to date: $17,295,000

2010:

To date:

77 Jackpots

37 PP  48%

61 QP  79.22%

CT no always playa the quick pick. CT start a track a the game everyday a few years ago, CT see the jackpot go QP QP QP QP QP (usually played in Chicago). CT see a that for the last two and a half a year the QP always win a lotta more often than a the player pick.You looka at the percentages above, capish?

OOFANAPOLI! MANAHGE A DEE-AL!

A lotta people on LP they's a no like a da quick pick, they's a talk about how they pick a the number, they even deny the quick a pick hit a mosta the time, but I'm not a see a any of these people track a game to show actual results, ah?

Inna 2008 the quick pick she's a hit 30.88% of the time more than a the player pick.

In a 2009 the QP she's a 34.21% more often.

And so far inna 2010, she's a 31.22% a more often, prety consistent, no?

When a somebody who no likela the quick pick posta results that say the quick pick isn't as good as the pick-a-uoi-nose pick, then CT a listen up. But a so far all I see is opinion with a no verification. Until a then, I know whatta the stats a say, and the no-QP crowd, well a maybe they a STATATZEET.

Buono foruna,

Coin

These stats don't mean anything by themselves.  What were the total sales of QP's versus Self Picks for each winning jackpot draw?

Jimmy

Page 4 of 13