Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do people play QP's?

Topic closed. 181 replies. Last post 6 years ago by cajunken.

Page 3 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Why do you play QP's?

Convenience/Saves Time [ 21 ]  [23.86%]
QP's Win The Most Jackpots [ 18 ]  [20.45%]
I play a set of "personal" numbers [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
I play both QP's and Play Slip's [ 34 ]  [38.64%]
I never play QP's [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
What's a QP?? [ 3 ]  [3.41%]
Total Valid Votes [ 88 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
Clearwater, FL
United States
Member #68897
January 1, 2009
10 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2010, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Do what I do if you want a quick pick- get yourself a cheap toy bingo game, set your criteria, and start spinnin' out yur own quick picks. They're as good as the store-bought version, and it makes a lot of noise, which p**ses off the wife.

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3333 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2010, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Do what I do if you want a quick pick- get yourself a cheap toy bingo game, set your criteria, and start spinnin' out yur own quick picks. They're as good as the store-bought version, and it makes a lot of noise, which p**ses off the wife.

Welcome to LP!  Good suggestion ... I can tell you're going to be a lot of fun.  ROFL

Good luck to everyone!

Monkey Butt, USA
      United States
      Member #54569
      August 23, 2007
      1124 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2010, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

In New York, it's true that QP's win the most jackpots.  Do you play strictly QP's? If so, why?

It depends on what my gut has told me. Sometimes it's quick pick. Sometimes it's a set of numbers given to me.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10354 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2010, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Well I had one of those experiences today where the terminal just did not take the playslip.

I had a slip for the Missouri lottery, filled out right, one set of numbers and a QP (2 lines for a dollar), advanced play, five draws.

Should have been $5. The terminal rejects the ticket, the clerk checks it, the top has six numbers penciled, the bottom has QP.

This was at a busy gas station / convenience mart just before the bridge to come back to Illiois, and there's people in line behind me. So I say just give me two quick picks for five draws (meaning, or so I thought, both lines would be QPs). So I get Game A and B, both two lines of QP each for five draws and That'sll be $10".

So either it was the Lottery Fairy providing a little help, OR, not liking the numbers I picked out and forcing me into QPs!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2010, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

That is my thinking, as I do the same thing.  I also get tired of watching the QP's win alot of the jackpots and like the idea of a 'pure luck' win.  Thumbs Up

Even if you chose your numbers it's pure luck, it's not like there's a system to picking winners so any time you win it's just luck. And don't understand the "putting real effort into working out combinations worth putting money on" quote by the other member.

Any numbers you choose have the same amount of chance as any QP coming up. 1-2-3-4-5-6 have just the same chance as 5-12-24-29-48-36, in the MM's at least both have had equal amounts of 3+0 winners (which was the most). Until someone can choose over and over winning tickets I won't believe that any numbers someone else chooses is 'real effort' or more worth putting money on (and by winning I mean anything above 3+1 for MM/PB).

Not meaning to sound like I'm attacking anyone, I just highly doubt there's even a partial 'system' to winning the lottery and that it's only down to luck as to whether zero or one or two or all of your numbers match.

lithoniagyrl's avatar - 397533 10150489194294301_1773838113_n.jpg
            Lithonia,GA
            United States
            Member #92699
            June 12, 2010
            505 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2010, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I purchased a quick pick today. 50 cent box cash 3 and it was an instant winner for $50. Hey....thats enough motivation to purchase quick picks. 

United States
              Member #91313
              May 15, 2010
              141 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2010, 11:04 am - IP Logged

I purchased a quick pick today. 50 cent box cash 3 and it was an instant winner for $50. Hey....thats enough motivation to purchase quick picks. 

Congrats on your winnings!! lithoniagyrl keep them comming

If you want God to laugh, tell him your plans!

United States
                Member #81843
                October 31, 2009
                856 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2010, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Why do people play QP's?

I will add "play QP's and only QP's?"

Because:

"They could be made to accept the most flagrant violations of reality ...and were not sufficiently interested in public events to notice what was happening.  All that was required of them was primitive patriotism." Eric A. Blair

Set4life's avatar - 2554
                  East Hampton, NY
                  United States
                  Member #41995
                  June 25, 2006
                  1137 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2010, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

B/c 'hey you never know"Shocked

the mega million jackpot is now $34 million

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!

United States
                    Member #81843
                    October 31, 2009
                    856 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2010, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

B/c 'hey you never know"Shocked

the mega million jackpot is now $34 million

I know, everyone thinks the sales will be big and the pool of the QP combinations will be more completely exhausted. Therefore You think your chances of winning are better because you will buy from that pool. Hogwash. What you think and what is happening are two different things : with the multiple wins from QP’s in jackpot games, those results say the pool is limited and not exhausted. Furthermore it has been observed by players that the same losing sets of numbers were sold for the same game, same draw. Even further, multiple QP jackpot winners win from QPs in the same game, same draw for the jackpot prize.

If you are going to play these games, play your own combinations every draw or chase numbers. The QP pool is not the full pool for sale WITHOUT REPEAT or DUPLICATE SALES. What a waste of your money playing this way!

DD

Playing Qp's is is betting in a fixed game where the house always wins. The fever for big jackposts insures that.

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10354 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2010, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

The 5 + 1 games websites tell us that 70 to 80% of tickets sales, and 70 to 80% of jackpot sinners are quick picks.

They also tell us that on an average a jackpot is hit 12 to 15 times a year.

(This was prior to both games being available in the same states. Not enough data on those results yet).

Using 15 jackpots a year and 70% quick picks (being generous to the non-QPs) that tells us of the 15 jackpots 10.5 were QPs.

So people who are vehmently anti-QP really believe that they are going to be one of those 4.5 out of 15. Good luck there.

Until one of the anti-QP set here tracks a game as to what hit a jackpot, posts the results, and has conrete evidcence to go with they are talking nothing but conjecture.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #81843
                        October 31, 2009
                        856 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2010, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Conjecture?

A conjecture is a proposition that is unproven but appears correct and has not been disproven.

You do not have 100% QP Winners! The 4.5 are doing something else and you want proof here of someone to post the next results as proof to you Systems work? That’s a good laugh!

Your false conjecture is that Systems do not work. 4.5 as you state are not using QP's. There is no conjecture about the multiple QP winners that won when sales never even got to one full set of all the combinations that should be sold, before selling them again. The pool is not complete and any randomness is found picking from a limited pool of QP’s. Why would you buy into a raffle when the winning ticket was not in the sale? Or, several tickets share the same prize?

You got some lottery fairy you mention all the time. Get a new fairy, scary. The only empirical proof I see is your fairy is leading you by the nose and that YOU HAVE NOT WON A JACKPOT. CT, you put me on block again not because I am a bully but because you will not talk the talk. Take you lottery fairy, your Luck polls and do it in the Mystical forum. Take your shots at systems players there along with your insanity threads.

I will not entertain you with demanding proof your fairy exists. Go get a nice bottle of wine, some flowers and chineeze take-out and entertain her yourself, then get a room.

You want to run the threads here and slash tires on systems players, well MR. you are outnumbered. 

Subscribers are not as foolish as you would make them to be. Go hang out at the LP malcontent site.

DD

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10354 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2010, 3:04 am - IP Logged

The poll question is why do people play quick picks.

Using the Illinois Pick 5 game as an example, because it is drawn daily, these are the results as of July 5 2010.

To date:

81 Jackpots

38 PP

66 QP

Solo jackpots: 63

Shared jackpots: 18

Highest jackpot:

$625,000, one winner on May 11

The game is drawn every day, July 5th was the 186th day of the year, so a jackpot has been paid every 2.29 days.

Of the jackpots 66, or 81.48% were QP. 38, or 46.91% were player's picks. That's why some people play quick picks. Pretty simple.

The jackpots add up to more than 81 because some where shared jackpots, multiple winners.

As for the people posting who are altogether opposed to quick picks and quick to brag about their systems, show us something. At least track a game and show actual results.See what hits the most often of your chosen game.

The cosmos laughs.

Lep

United States
                            Member #81843
                            October 31, 2009
                            856 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2010, 3:23 am - IP Logged

I like the part about "pretty simple".

You admit using dream books and what kind of system is that? How about some jackpot proof?

Nobody has to prove anything to you, you do not count. LP has more systems players than QP advocates, if you don't like that go to another forum and rip us from there. You still have not blocked me and continue to drive your egotistical agenda. Talk to the fairy. I think QP's are good if you don't have the time or inclination to do anything else, but they are not distributed fairly. I said fairly, not fairy. Talk to the fairy.

DD

I think for sake of discussion that people who consistantly play QP's do so uninformed of their distribution, as in limited and not a complete pool for each draw. CT proved that with his own posted stats. Three jackpot winners got 150k each. All from Qp's. If the pool was fairly distributed with three QP winners, there should be a shared jackpot that would indicate sales over two times the total odds for one win. Talk about primate-ive patriotism!

Buy them QP's. The state needs the money more than you do.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #74096
                              May 2, 2009
                              22971 Posts
                              Posted: July 6, 2010, 7:14 am - IP Logged

You can do a partial quick pick in Georgia on Fantasy 5, Win For Life, Mega Millions and Powerball.

On those games you can choose part of the white balls then check quick pick and the computer will select the rest.

Don't believe it's possible with Cash 3 or Cash 4.

Partial quick pick? Really...that is interesting. I'll have to try it sometime. First, I'll have to find a clerk that knows what the heck they're doing.

My local clerk wouldn't have a problem with the request: Let me have a quick pick..

I'd imagine: Let me have a quick pick with the numbers 18, 21, 34 - would cause a real meltdown.

I might just go to the Indian Smoke Shop...that guy is a lottery machine wizard.

There! Simple!

Thanks for the pqp idea on the jackpot games.

Page 3 of 13