Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do people play QP's?

Topic closed. 181 replies. Last post 6 years ago by cajunken.

Page 5 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Why do you play QP's?

Convenience/Saves Time [ 21 ]  [23.86%]
QP's Win The Most Jackpots [ 18 ]  [20.45%]
I play a set of "personal" numbers [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
I play both QP's and Play Slip's [ 34 ]  [38.64%]
I never play QP's [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
What's a QP?? [ 3 ]  [3.41%]
Total Valid Votes [ 88 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10350 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2010, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

jarasan,

"No,  but really CT,  I and most everybody here don't care that morepeople hit with QP's, QP's they are not for ME or anybody who playsseriously to win............... not by a fluke or luck.  It is justirritating and pointless to keep repeating the QP mantras. "

So where are those wins? It gets just as tedious, if not more so, hearing about non-productive systems and how great they are, with absolutely nothing to show for them, as it does QP "mantras". Like I've said over and over, track a game and post the stats. Why don't people do that, because they know they'll be proven wrong? I would think when anybody wins over a million dollars, tens of millions, they'll take it regardless of the method of number selection.

jimwright,

How do you figure those stats don't mean anything? X number of jackpots paid and the preponderence went to QPs, over and over and over.

I don't know if that information on total sales is available, but the info. on what wins the most is, and what wins the most is quick picks [/story]

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2010, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

No,  but really CT,  I and most everybody here don't care that more people hit with QP's, QP's they are not for ME or anybody who plays seriously to win............... not by a fluke or luck.  It is just irritating and pointless to keep repeating the QP mantras.  Go to Maddogs challenge's and use QP's and see how you do...  I use no QP's look at the stats.  Some players here have very good systems,  there have been several 5 of 5's and 6 of 6's on the predictions.

There is nothing here to argue really, really! Those who believe in their QP should stay  with what they like and believe no problem....Quick pick your way into a huge Jackpot!! I will be Happy!.

those who believe in their worksheets will continue with their worksheet...May we get the right combo with the digits and Win rapid fire repeatedly and Big!!! There should be no bone to pick!! The end!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
      Park City, UT
      United States
      Member #69864
      January 18, 2009
      993 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2010, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

jarasan,

"No,  but really CT,  I and most everybody here don't care that morepeople hit with QP's, QP's they are not for ME or anybody who playsseriously to win............... not by a fluke or luck.  It is justirritating and pointless to keep repeating the QP mantras. "

So where are those wins? It gets just as tedious, if not more so, hearing about non-productive systems and how great they are, with absolutely nothing to show for them, as it does QP "mantras". Like I've said over and over, track a game and post the stats. Why don't people do that, because they know they'll be proven wrong? I would think when anybody wins over a million dollars, tens of millions, they'll take it regardless of the method of number selection.

jimwright,

How do you figure those stats don't mean anything? X number of jackpots paid and the preponderence went to QPs, over and over and over.

I don't know if that information on total sales is available, but the info. on what wins the most is, and what wins the most is quick picks [/story]

The total sales per draw matters because if the number of QP's per jackpot winning draw is 10:1 ratio to self-picks, then of course QP's are going to win more jackpots than self picks, that is a given.  This is the same lame argument that others cry about low population states never winning jackpots compared to high population states.  If for each jackpot winning draw the same number of people played QP's versus Self Picks and the QP's prevailed then you would make a believer out of me.  But you and me both know that for each individual drawing there are more QP's played than self picks and for only that reason alone do QP's win more jackpots, end of story.  QP's win more jackpots because more money is being played on the QP side of the betting line.  What if the odds makers to encourage more bets on the self picks side gave the self pickers odds to sweeten the pot?  Now that I could go for.

Jimmy

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5583 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2010, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Another reason people play QP's is they don't understand wheels.  Wheels give you this:

bm5Try splaining a wheel to a busy QPicker!

Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2010, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

There is nothing here to argue really, really! Those who believe in their QP should stay  with what they like and believe no problem....Quick pick your way into a huge Jackpot!! I will be Happy!.

those who believe in their worksheets will continue with their worksheet...May we get the right combo with the digits and Win rapid fire repeatedly and Big!!! There should be no bone to pick!! The end!

Rosie! The peace maker!

Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5583 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2010, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Another reason people play QP's is because they like to lose their tickets,  most unclaimed jackpots are QP's!

Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2010, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Another reason people play QP's is because they are too busy working to pay taxes and think they won't have to pay taxes if they win big on the lottery!

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2010, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Another reason people play QP's is because they like to lose their tickets,  most unclaimed jackpots are QP's!

Jarasan , you are too funny Too...LmHooooooooF funnyyy...Hahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Green laughBig SmileGreen laugh

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2010, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Another couple of reasons people play Qp's is because someone told them it was the only way to play and you gotta be in it to win it!

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2010, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Rosie! The peace maker!

Jarasan!!  Peace!  from a warrior!  who knows when it's pointless to try to convince people whose minds are already made up, to stay stuck!!! On!!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2010, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Another reason and probably the most obvious reason people play QP's..................they don't have or know what a system is.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2010, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Another reason and probably the most obvious reason people play QP's..................they don't have or know what a system is.

I have a system.

I get sideways.

Then I go buy some quick picks.

I don't hardly never win nothin.

But at least I get sideways.

My system's for sale, by the way.

Best offer.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40421 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2010, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Another reason people play QP's is because they are too busy working to pay taxes and think they won't have to pay taxes if they win big on the lottery!

Don't they know taxes is the biggest spanking they'll get if they win?

silly gamblers

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10350 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2010, 12:34 am - IP Logged

jarasan,

Not everyone plays like you do. The average ticket sale is $1. Not all QP players don't know how wheels work, but they do know if none of the wheeled numbers hit they are worthless.

Besides, the title of this thread is:

Why do people play QP's?

not, "Why are you God's gift to number selection?"

jimwright,

No one is doubting that most sales arequick picks. On the Mega Milliins FAQ page is says something like 70 to 80% of jackpots winners are quick picks and 70 to 80% of ticket sales are quick picks, do you spot anything here? (or something similar).

We've seen a lot of jackpots go to a lot of quick picks. We've seen a lot of people telling us how great their numbers are, but no jackpots. Call me silly but I don't think chump change "give a dog a bone" payoffs are the real motive for playing the lottery.

As for sweetening the pot for self pickers, nice idea but lotteries being lotteries would just get real creative with the marketing and make it sound like that was the deal without really changing a thing.

///////////////////////////////////////

Alles:

Once again there are a lot of people talkng about how they can hit a 95 mph fastball yet no one is willing to get in the 95 mph batting cage, they just keep telling us how well they can hit such a pitch. 

Foo qoo, aye quat, chieu hoi.

Vietnamese, rough translation, Ambush two tangerines, I give up.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Harbinger
                              D.C./MD.
                              United States
                              Member #44103
                              July 30, 2006
                              5583 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2010, 8:41 am - IP Logged

jarasan,

Not everyone plays like you do. The average ticket sale is $1. Not all QP players don't know how wheels work, but they do know if none of the wheeled numbers hit they are worthless.

Besides, the title of this thread is:

Why do people play QP's?

not, "Why are you God's gift to number selection?"

jimwright,

No one is doubting that most sales arequick picks. On the Mega Milliins FAQ page is says something like 70 to 80% of jackpots winners are quick picks and 70 to 80% of ticket sales are quick picks, do you spot anything here? (or something similar).

We've seen a lot of jackpots go to a lot of quick picks. We've seen a lot of people telling us how great their numbers are, but no jackpots. Call me silly but I don't think chump change "give a dog a bone" payoffs are the real motive for playing the lottery.

As for sweetening the pot for self pickers, nice idea but lotteries being lotteries would just get real creative with the marketing and make it sound like that was the deal without really changing a thing.

///////////////////////////////////////

Alles:

Once again there are a lot of people talkng about how they can hit a 95 mph fastball yet no one is willing to get in the 95 mph batting cage, they just keep telling us how well they can hit such a pitch. 

Foo qoo, aye quat, chieu hoi.

Vietnamese, rough translation, Ambush two tangerines, I give up.

There you go again,  same old story,  same old talking points,  a broken 78RPM frinking record.  The pragmatist,  the realist,  the logical,  let me tell you "How it really is".  The person that was chanting "burn the witch" in the 1600's Salem, Mass., the person that taunted Michelangelo "the rock is a gonna breaka!",  the person that stood on the beach laughing at the Wright brothers,  the person that screamed at the TV "the moon is made of cheese!"  when JFKennedy said we are going to the moon.   Nanny naysayers.  Here you go: Re read.

jarasan wrote:

"People play quick picks because they can.  The typical quick pick player has nary an idea when the draw is or how the game is run.  The typical quick pick player is in a hurry therefore,  convenience.  The typical QP player does not know what Lottery Post is!  The typical QP player has no idea how to fill out a play slip.

Another couple of reasons people play Qp's is because someone told them it was the only way to play and you gotta be in it to win it!

Another reason and probably the most obvious reason people play QP's..................they don't have or know what a system is."

Page 5 of 13