Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do people play QP's?

Topic closed. 181 replies. Last post 6 years ago by cajunken.

Page 6 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Why do you play QP's?

Convenience/Saves Time [ 21 ]  [23.86%]
QP's Win The Most Jackpots [ 18 ]  [20.45%]
I play a set of "personal" numbers [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
I play both QP's and Play Slip's [ 34 ]  [38.64%]
I never play QP's [ 6 ]  [6.82%]
What's a QP?? [ 3 ]  [3.41%]
Total Valid Votes [ 88 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
12118 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2010, 9:28 am - IP Logged

In New York, it's true that QP's win the most jackpots.  Do you play strictly QP's? If so, why?

I play quick picks because i like the unexpected of randomness

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2010, 9:34 am - IP Logged

Ironic you should try and use such examples jarasan, when despite the evidence night after night of quick picks winnings jackpots, you're on the sidelines yelling, "My way is better". That is the broken record.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5587 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2010, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Ironic you should try and use such examples jarasan, when despite the evidence night after night of quick picks winnings jackpots, you're on the sidelines yelling, "My way is better". That is the broken record.

We will let the masses judge who is the broken record.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        23238 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2010, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Another reason people play QP's is they don't understand wheels.  Wheels give you this:

bm5Try splaining a wheel to a busy QPicker!

jarasan, very nice! I don't have anything against wheeling, I'm just not as into the jackpot games as I am

into the pick 3. I can certainly understand the point of what you do...you have the proof here of what

wheels can do.

Telling a person like you to go and buy just quick picks is insanity. That would be like telling me to go and

buy only quick picks for pick 3...it's never going to happen. That to me, is a waste of money. Why buy

what they give me when I can get a pretty good idea of what to buy for myself? I have bought pick 4 quick

picks already as an experiment to see what, if anything, they revealed...some came up straight in the days

and weeks after I bought them - coincidence? I'm not sure. I quit buying them and would rather play my

own. Study is better than chance.

Pick 3 and jackpot games are apples and oranges - the odds spread is gigantic. I'm just relating the 2 here

for the purpose of getting the idea across that study, work, time and effort is working for people who have

systems...WHATEVER those systems are....patterns, hot/cold/overdue numbers, wheels with premium

number sets, tracking..etc, etc, etc. No one will convince a person who works at it that quick picks will do

better than what they're doing now.

If I do play jackpot games, I don't shun quick picks. I'd rather not get into the time it takes to examine those

numbers. I'll just take my chances that I get a good one again. It takes no effort, no time, no thought....it's

a give me what you got thing. Many times, it's a waste of money....on and off since January, I've never had

a qp ticket produce what jarasan's wheeled tickets produced. Thumbs Up

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2010, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I have a system.

I get sideways.

Then I go buy some quick picks.

I don't hardly never win nothin.

But at least I get sideways.

My system's for sale, by the way.

Best offer.

You pay tiggs 100.00 and tiggs will take it off your hands no questions asked..

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2010, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I guess you could call the "broken record" the drawing results which show what wins more often.

Once again the invitation stands, pick a game and track it and just post what has won. Mot the specific numbers, not your numbers, merely the method of number selection.

And may I remind you once again the topic of this thread is Why DO people play quick picks?

I know it would be a gargantuan effort to subscribe to the lottery e-mail for the game results and post them, but oh well.

'Till you or anyone else here does that we're jut seeing erroneous opinion wirth no stats. behind it spouted over and over, ad nauseam.

You posted your hits for a drawing, and congratulations there. Now how about the non-hits?

No matter what the topic, consistent results cannot be refuted. If somsone said you can reduce your wiast by standing on your head 10 minutes a day it would be laughable, but if people started doing it and reuduced their weights, then they couldn't refute it, could they?

And by "the masses" are you restricting that to LP, rife with systems players and advocates, or all lotto players?

Kind of arguing the DH rule at an American League game as oppossed to a National League game.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5587 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2010, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

I guess you could call the "broken record" the drawing results which show what wins more often.

Once again the invitation stands, pick a game and track it and just post what has won. Mot the specific numbers, not your numbers, merely the method of number selection.

And may I remind you once again the topic of this thread is Why DO people play quick picks?

I know it would be a gargantuan effort to subscribe to the lottery e-mail for the game results and post them, but oh well.

'Till you or anyone else here does that we're jut seeing erroneous opinion wirth no stats. behind it spouted over and over, ad nauseam.

You posted your hits for a drawing, and congratulations there. Now how about the non-hits?

No matter what the topic, consistent results cannot be refuted. If somsone said you can reduce your wiast by standing on your head 10 minutes a day it would be laughable, but if people started doing it and reuduced their weights, then they couldn't refute it, could they?

And by "the masses" are you restricting that to LP, rife with systems players and advocates, or all lotto players?

Kind of arguing the DH rule at an American League game as oppossed to a National League game.

Scared

CT tell us how Quickie Pix would do in Maddog's Challenges.   Or tell us how picking twelve numbers is statistcally inferior to QP's.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/206366/16

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2010, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

jarasan,

YouTube does nothing for me as I'm on dial-up and can't see them play.

I can see where Maddog's Challenges might be fun but personally I don't care too much about numbers I haven't played for real.

To each their own.

Lep

United States
                  Member #81843
                  October 31, 2009
                  856 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2010, 2:37 am - IP Logged

At "the end of the day" no matter what the method of the number selection was, for six played numbers to match six drawn numbers is pure luck, and nothing more.

Someone hits with a QP - LUCK

Someone uses a NASA program - LUCK

Someone plays six family birthdays - LUCK

Someone plays six family borthdays, marks one wrong, and hits all six - LUCK

Someone hits buy buying a mistake - LUCK

Lep    Lep    Lep    Lep    Lep

"That moment in time was just structured that way"

-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

It looks like one thinks that QP’s are lucky. The flip side to that bent coin;

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/shortsharpscience/2007/01/is-poker-skill-or-luck-court-will.html

“Steady losers tend to argue for luck. Those who make their living at poker argue for skill.

Having spent a couple years among the latter, I've always encouraged the donators to curse their luck and try again. But recent legislation causes me to consider sending copies of Mason Malmuth's "Theory of Poker" to legislators (whose conduct in passing bills proves they have trouble with simple arithmetic) to preserve our right to take money freely offered by those counting on their luck to turn.”
                  By Anonymous

By Anonymous

“Luck is a loser's excuse to a winner's opportunity”

By Jean Cocteau

“We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?”

By Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”

...”and (the lucky losers) were not sufficiently interested in public events to notice what was happening.”

Eric A. Blair

I do not see any proof that mystical beliefs makes QP’s a better choice. I would think the lottery would hold fast to that myth. Oh, look they do and they take sucker’s QP luck to the bank. There is your empirical proof!

DD

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2010, 8:53 am - IP Logged

You pay tiggs 100.00 and tiggs will take it off your hands no questions asked..

ridge are you still with us?..tiggs made you an offer for your system take it or leave it pal..

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5587 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2010, 10:33 am - IP Logged

jarasan,

YouTube does nothing for me as I'm on dial-up and can't see them play.

I can see where Maddog's Challenges might be fun but personally I don't care too much about numbers I haven't played for real.

To each their own.

Of course.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2010, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

ridge are you still with us?..tiggs made you an offer for your system take it or leave it pal..

I won't give ya a dime more than $75, not one dime more.

Not one dime more? Not one dime more... hmmm... Where have I heard that before?

I know it couldn't relate to taxes for people making under $250,000 because the President is cancelling Bush's tax cuts on January 1st and everybody's taxes are going to skyrocket. The lowest tax bracket of the working poor which is 10% now is being raised 50%. The working poor are getting the biggest increase in tax percentage paid.

So I know it couldn't have been the Prez who said "not one dime more in taxes", right?

That would mean he's a liar.

Oh well, anyway, that's my final offer on my system tiggs, take it or leave it

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2010, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

I won't give ya a dime more than $75, not one dime more.

Not one dime more? Not one dime more... hmmm... Where have I heard that before?

I know it couldn't relate to taxes for people making under $250,000 because the President is cancelling Bush's tax cuts on January 1st and everybody's taxes are going to skyrocket. The lowest tax bracket of the working poor which is 10% now is being raised 50%. The working poor are getting the biggest increase in tax percentage paid.

So I know it couldn't have been the Prez who said "not one dime more in taxes", right?

That would mean he's a liar.

Oh well, anyway, that's my final offer on my system tiggs, take it or leave it

Your system isen't worth a dime ridge in fact nobodys system is worth a dime..So be it..

Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5587 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2010, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

tiggs needs a nap nap.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7344 Posts
                              Posted: July 8, 2010, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

It depends on what we're judging. If the contest is Bonus Match 5 than Patrick did show us the potential of choosing the numbers and playing a wheel. On the other hand CT has shown that over 70% of the tickets sold are QPs.

The only real comparison that can be made is the amount being spent on the tickets. When somebody pays for gas or something else and buys a couple of QPs with the change, there is no comparison to spending $26 or more for a wheel. I wouldn't be too far off by saying 65% of lottery profits come from scratch-offs and when those players buy tickets in jackpot games, I doubt very many of them will take the time to choose their numbers and fill out playslips.

If 70% is the overall amount of QPs, we must factor in the size of the jackpot too because even system players have been known to buy some QPs when the jackpots are huge. Players are given a chance to win millions of dollars for a buck so does it really make that much of a difference if the five or six numbers they get for $1 are QPs or self picks?

Page 6 of 13