Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The REAL reason lotteries like RNG.

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jwhou.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2010, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

"Surely The RNG can be manipulated too. That's a no brainer. But to say that balls go without scrutiny is falce in my opinion"

Joker17 you are so on target with this!    

and Please I do not want any one else telling me how wrong, I am! and How right they are.

I have no Tangible undeniable proof about what I suspect is going on but  neither does ANYONE ELSE have Tangible undeniable proof that my suspicions are unfounded!

Now Mr. Lottery officials, be a dear, and bring on the results of the "test draw" as a client I think I  can ask for this to be done!

You don't need anything but your gut feelings....They're right most of the time.

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2010, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Oh yes there is.

A few of my wives had perpetual motion of the yapper (just like their mothers).

Green laugh

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2010, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

It’s more than being lazy to run a RNG, think $.

Now when a live televised event is dropped , all that budgeted expense can be shifted elsewhere.

The people in the office cubes can get,…. More money for other things,…. Like raises. Or host a big USA/Canada conference with FUN, FUN, FUN at plush and swank resorts. Get first class executive passage on 'business' trips. How about expanding the fleet autos? There is lot’s of places this money can go and it will not be back to you. Some of the highest paid public jobs are at the lottery divisions.

It’s good to be the king! 

Especially when no one can look over your shoulder.

DD

That's not entirely true. Some states, Minnesota, California, Louisiana, Tennessee all come to mind, have kept broadcasting draw shows even after the switch to computers were made, and they all still do today.

(insert signature here)

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2010, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

ROFL       uh... lemme see... no.

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2010, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

That's not entirely true. Some states, Minnesota, California, Louisiana, Tennessee all come to mind, have kept broadcasting draw shows even after the switch to computers were made, and they all still do today.

Okay but it was fun to say for the states that do not broadcast anymore.

Just a few questions, how many people are still employed on overtime or strait or salary when the switch was made? Is the presentation the same involving the same number of people in front and behind the camera? I'll bet a dollar that what you might see now is only a stepping stone to "cutting PRODUCTION costs".

DD

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1648 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2010, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

I do agree with joker17, as well as others here, in regards to the pre-draws being shown. They definitely have significance if you're playing small sets of numbers. When playing larger sets of numbers, where the combinations begin to overlap and "cover more ground", the pre-tests actually become much less of a concern.

This comes at a cost of less profit while yet increasing consistency if properly set up. Even with RNG's, larger sets of numbers offset what might potentially be "pre-destined" winners with programmed software. I've always believed that more numbers provide better opportunities to trap the winner. Proper arrangement is everything and pays off in smaller amounts. Just my .02

L.L.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2010, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

No youtube for me - dialup. BTW, I think it's the work of the devil anyway. Red Devil

Look at that oil lamp in the picture, it looks like Homer Simpson - that's the work of the devil, son. Red Devil

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: July 9, 2010, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Purportedly to check the operational readiness, integrity and validity of the apparatus.

And it's also a security measure to see that the same digits don't come up over and over consecutively.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8360 Posts
                  Posted: July 9, 2010, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I just made a call to My NYC Lottery Office headquarters!!  and all I received was  an Automated System! With  the regular informations.

And no human voice to speak to, about providing the results of the "test draw for the day" so it does seem to be a"secret" 

Try calling between 8 AM and 4 Pm.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                    New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: July 9, 2010, 12:17 am - IP Logged

No youtube for me - dialup. BTW, I think it's the work of the devil anyway. Red Devil

Look at that oil lamp in the picture, it looks like Homer Simpson - that's the work of the devil, son. Red Devil

rd. Homer Simpson and the Devil???!!! No, No, not Homer...  Now that son of his  I would more Believe it...poor Homer is just trying to make it throug the day with the complacent wife from Purgatory and Bat, Bad Simson the son from Hell who for sure is in league with Satan!!!Evil Looking

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2010, 12:31 am - IP Logged

And it's also a security measure to see that the same digits don't come up over and over consecutively.

Yeah, kinda like what I just said.

But what I need right now is an ice machine in my office. When the old lady's in bed I gotta get my own ice.

Maybe I'll just slam it tonight, feelin kinda greeezay.

Unless I play Pink Cadillac by Springsteen.

That always pumps me up a little.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2010, 1:21 am - IP Logged

rd. Homer Simpson and the Devil???!!! No, No, not Homer...  Now that son of his  I would more Believe it...poor Homer is just trying to make it throug the day with the complacent wife from Purgatory and Bat, Bad Simson the son from Hell who for sure is in league with Satan!!!Evil Looking

A picture speaks a thousand words Rosie.

--Edmund Burke

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                          Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3102 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2010, 4:07 am - IP Logged

The  Tennessee rng demonstrated an intrinsic dishonesty in that lottery and by doing so cast doubt on all lotteries using an rng draw.

An honest lottery would offer a download of its rng on their website because anyone familiar with programming would be able to see it was an innocent rng with no tricks up its sleeve. 

Instead the Tennessee lottery admitted their rng had a switch that could turn doubles on and off.  Now why would that be in there? 

When the lottery buys a custom made software, they are very specific as to what they want.  I can only conclude they wanted that switch and there are likely other switches in order to manipulate the draws when the lottery officials don't think the rng has been random enough for their purposes.

Just as the lottery conducts test draws and sets ballsets and machines aside for further testing or repair if not random enough, they would want to be able to do the same with their computer rng, in my opinion.  I think they are very much like pit critters deciding whether to replace the hot dice in a crap game.

As the lottery doesn't work for us the tax payers, they don't answer to us so we'll have to learn about more built in switches the hard way.

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19824 Posts
                            Posted: July 9, 2010, 11:01 am - IP Logged

The  Tennessee rng demonstrated an intrinsic dishonesty in that lottery and by doing so cast doubt on all lotteries using an rng draw.

An honest lottery would offer a download of its rng on their website because anyone familiar with programming would be able to see it was an innocent rng with no tricks up its sleeve. 

Instead the Tennessee lottery admitted their rng had a switch that could turn doubles on and off.  Now why would that be in there? 

When the lottery buys a custom made software, they are very specific as to what they want.  I can only conclude they wanted that switch and there are likely other switches in order to manipulate the draws when the lottery officials don't think the rng has been random enough for their purposes.

Just as the lottery conducts test draws and sets ballsets and machines aside for further testing or repair if not random enough, they would want to be able to do the same with their computer rng, in my opinion.  I think they are very much like pit critters deciding whether to replace the hot dice in a crap game.

As the lottery doesn't work for us the tax payers, they don't answer to us so we'll have to learn about more built in switches the hard way.

BobP

I've always wondered about that switch story and whether they came up with it rather than admit all 3 numbers were being picked from a single pool of ten numbers which would have exposed that they hadn't thought through the design of their RNG.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #81843
                              October 31, 2009
                              856 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2010, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Bob.

Just about the best reason for LP is hearing what tricks the man behind the curtain is doing.

What type of game did this happen in TN?

DD

A P3 draw produced 997 in WA. The payouts were astronomical. By extrapolation of previous payouts and the numbers of tickets sold, there was somewhere around 200 strait winners alone at $500.00. I wonder who retired?