Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning at NY Take 5

Topic closed. 895 replies. Last post 5 years ago by trap574.

Page 38 of 60
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3702 Posts
Posted: June 6, 2011, 9:25 am - IP Logged

06/05 Results: 21, 26, 28, 30, 33 (Drawn as 30, 26, 33, 21, 28)

Nasty looking sequence of numbers with no singles or teens. The range for all numvers was 12 which seems awfully low. If anyone hits, I would imagine it is off a QP.

That range looks low to me too, but I dont know what a "typical" range would be/is.

Looking at my spreadsheet, with the lowest number in the singles, and the highest in the thirties (which is what is drawn a large percentage of the time) it would appear that a typical range would be in the high twenties. 

Any idea of what the "average" range is over a long set of drawings?

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
    Member #70687
    February 8, 2009
    7919 Posts
    Posted: June 6, 2011, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Nice wins Aeolus. No, I do not GiveFive as I just assumed that the range was way too small. I am shocked that someone won by picking those numbers.

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3702 Posts
      Posted: June 6, 2011, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I splurged on lottery tickets today.  I bought the Take5 promo and bought some Sweet Million lines too.

The three free lines for the Take5 promo look plain ugly to me, but what the hey, they were free.

Walking out of the store, I saw a Take5 ticket lying on he ground.  I picked it up and saw that it was for last night's drawing.  It was a one line loser.  But as I looked at the numbers, I noticed they werent a QP, and the ticket was nicely balanced, and it looked like a line I'd play.

That made me realize that there are probably more players out there that do know what they're doing than I think there are.  I was of the opinion that most players dont pick "smartly" because the people I know (that play regularly) buy a set of their favorite "lucky" numbers, or just go for the QP.

I like to think I play "smartly", but then I've never even had a four number hit.  Since April of 2009 I've hit three numbers over twenty times, but never four numbers.  I so I guess I should get down off my high horse and lower my opinion of myself with regard to picking Take5 numbers "smartly".

It aint easy to win a Take5 JP.  And it aint easy to win a JP for any other online game either.  I like Take5 and Sweet Million because in comparison to Lotto, Mega Millions and PowerBall,  players have a better shot at a JP. But it's still tough to win one.  They say patience is the key, so I'll just keep pluggin away at it, but I sure wouldnt mind a nice four bagger to pump up my enthusiasm.......

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Long Island, NY
        United States
        Member #70172
        January 25, 2009
        521 Posts
        Posted: June 6, 2011, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Nice wins Aeolus. No, I do not GiveFive as I just assumed that the range was way too small. I am shocked that someone won by picking those numbers.

I have 30 bucks of QP for tonight also plus free plays, but I'm sure my luck will run out pretty soon and once that happens

I won't be playing that much.  The only promotions I really like for the Take 5 was when they did the Cinco de Mayo thing

in which they had an extra ball and extra prize levels but that was YEARS ago.  Can't imagine they will be doing that anytime

soon again, but if they do I will go all out again.

ny, ny
          United States
          Member #98736
          October 12, 2010
          10025 Posts
          Posted: June 6, 2011, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I splurged on lottery tickets today.  I bought the Take5 promo and bought some Sweet Million lines too.

The three free lines for the Take5 promo look plain ugly to me, but what the hey, they were free.

Walking out of the store, I saw a Take5 ticket lying on he ground.  I picked it up and saw that it was for last night's drawing.  It was a one line loser.  But as I looked at the numbers, I noticed they werent a QP, and the ticket was nicely balanced, and it looked like a line I'd play.

That made me realize that there are probably more players out there that do know what they're doing than I think there are.  I was of the opinion that most players dont pick "smartly" because the people I know (that play regularly) buy a set of their favorite "lucky" numbers, or just go for the QP.

I like to think I play "smartly", but then I've never even had a four number hit.  Since April of 2009 I've hit three numbers over twenty times, but never four numbers.  I so I guess I should get down off my high horse and lower my opinion of myself with regard to picking Take5 numbers "smartly".

It aint easy to win a Take5 JP.  And it aint easy to win a JP for any other online game either.  I like Take5 and Sweet Million because in comparison to Lotto, Mega Millions and PowerBall,  players have a better shot at a JP. But it's still tough to win one.  They say patience is the key, so I'll just keep pluggin away at it, but I sure wouldnt mind a nice four bagger to pump up my enthusiasm.......

I guess I am in that group of picking my favorite numbers and also I mix the FP and QPs with my own numbers and cross my fingers to see what happens.  I also play the same 3 numbers (my 3 key numbers) on multiple lines and pick cold or hot numbers for the other 2 spots. 

I tried multiple strats even looking back in the history of Take 5 and trying to see patterns.  It is crazy but I did get 4 numbers when I play my own numbers about 4 weeks ago, they were combos of my job extensions (go figure).  Last night's drawing just amazed me the lowest number 21 and the highest 33, WTH, my next strat is taking a blank Take 5 ticket and a pen turning out all of the lights and mark away.  Who knows I might win, LOL.  Also Aeolus $30 QP strat with the promo sounds good, but will try that on Fridays and/or Saturdays since the JPs are higher.

United States
            Member #70687
            February 8, 2009
            7919 Posts
            Posted: June 6, 2011, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

06/06 Results: 7, 17, 21, 25, 38 (Drawn as 17, 25, 38, 7, 21)

United States
              Member #94616
              July 24, 2010
              4735 Posts
              Posted: June 7, 2011, 4:47 am - IP Logged

MAN! I am stuck in FP mode, hit 21 25 on one line, 17, 38 on another..... 

Long Island, NY
                United States
                Member #70172
                January 25, 2009
                521 Posts
                Posted: June 7, 2011, 5:28 am - IP Logged

Luck hit a brick wall hard with that drawing...

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3702 Posts
                  Posted: June 7, 2011, 5:47 am - IP Logged

MAN! I am stuck in FP mode, hit 21 25 on one line, 17, 38 on another..... 

I'm in the same boat as you Kap. I hit a FP off one of the promo-QP lines I got.  (And it was the ugliest line of all my promo lines! Go figure!)

I played back to back drawings on my tickets, so I'm in tonite for the same set of numbers I had last nite. I dont know if I'm gonna do the multiple drawing thing again.  I had a lot of lines with one number. That means in order for a line with one of last nites numbers on it to be a winner tonite, some of last nites numbers have to repeat, or even triple. (The seven has to triple because it was a repeater last nite.) I dont see that happening.  Playing multiple drawings is OK, provided you dont get a lot of one hit lines, which is exactly what happened to me last nite.

I know Take5 see's a lot of repeat hits, and a few triple up's here and there, but I think I'd be better off picking a whole new set of numbers for tonite.

Sorry your luck ran out Aeolus.  Keep pluggin, you gonna win it.  We all are.

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3702 Posts
                    Posted: June 7, 2011, 6:02 am - IP Logged

Rex,

I've done the "where the dart landed thing" myself.  Only I didnt use a dart, it was a pencil. 

The patterns are there in the history, I can plainly see 'em on my color-coded spreadsheet.  The problem is, I cant ever tell when they will come out, and of course, when they do come out, they come out with different numbers than I pick.

You got a job extention?  Hell, they're so cheap where I work, ya gotta use your cell phone! I dont use my  cell that much cause I dont have to.  The work is very e-mail oriented, and most of those e-mails come in from Brazil, Russia, India or China.  Ya cant understand a word those dudes are sayin', so there aint no point in talkin' on the phone to 'em anyway!  I hear they live like Kings over there makin' 2 bucks an hour.  Aint technology grand?

United States
                      Member #94616
                      July 24, 2010
                      4735 Posts
                      Posted: June 7, 2011, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

I'm in the same boat as you Kap. I hit a FP off one of the promo-QP lines I got.  (And it was the ugliest line of all my promo lines! Go figure!)

I played back to back drawings on my tickets, so I'm in tonite for the same set of numbers I had last nite. I dont know if I'm gonna do the multiple drawing thing again.  I had a lot of lines with one number. That means in order for a line with one of last nites numbers on it to be a winner tonite, some of last nites numbers have to repeat, or even triple. (The seven has to triple because it was a repeater last nite.) I dont see that happening.  Playing multiple drawings is OK, provided you dont get a lot of one hit lines, which is exactly what happened to me last nite.

I know Take5 see's a lot of repeat hits, and a few triple up's here and there, but I think I'd be better off picking a whole new set of numbers for tonite.

Sorry your luck ran out Aeolus.  Keep pluggin, you gonna win it.  We all are.

I like what Rex is talking about with buying more on FRI & SAT for bigger returns.  Oh and talk about UGLY QP's here is ONE of the promo lines for me tonight

10 11 12 13 27 - LOLGreen laugh

United States
                        Member #70687
                        February 8, 2009
                        7919 Posts
                        Posted: June 7, 2011, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

I like what Rex is talking about with buying more on FRI & SAT for bigger returns.  Oh and talk about UGLY QP's here is ONE of the promo lines for me tonight

10 11 12 13 27 - LOLGreen laugh

That is nasty like a 5, 6, 7, 8 I got on a FP about a month or so ago.

United States
                          Member #94616
                          July 24, 2010
                          4735 Posts
                          Posted: June 7, 2011, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

That is nasty like a 5, 6, 7, 8 I got on a FP about a month or so ago.

True, here is something interesting... found this set which was a Jackpot winner

01-03-05-06-07 ....... 1/28/2000

also found a recent REPEAT Jackpot winner...

04-06-09-28-29 ....... 5/5/2005

04-06-09-28-29 ....... 5/19/2011

United States
                            Member #70687
                            February 8, 2009
                            7919 Posts
                            Posted: June 7, 2011, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

True, here is something interesting... found this set which was a Jackpot winner

01-03-05-06-07 ....... 1/28/2000

also found a recent REPEAT Jackpot winner...

04-06-09-28-29 ....... 5/5/2005

04-06-09-28-29 ....... 5/19/2011

Is that the only time a jackpot or 5 ball sequence has repeated?

United States
                              Member #70687
                              February 8, 2009
                              7919 Posts
                              Posted: June 7, 2011, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

06/07 Results: 9, 10, 25, 29, 35 (Drawn as 35, 9, 29, 10, 25)

Page 38 of 60