Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning at NY Take 5

Topic closed. 895 replies. Last post 5 years ago by trap574.

Page 39 of 60
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: June 8, 2011, 4:54 am - IP Logged

Is that the only time a jackpot or 5 ball sequence has repeated?

Not sure, just me playing around with the last couple of months of jackpot winners - and only going back to 1999.  I was just thinking, these numbers lately seem strange and wonder if they have hit before?

and once again best I did last night was **3** FP'S!!! time to get over the FP hump!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3709 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2011, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Not sure, just me playing around with the last couple of months of jackpot winners - and only going back to 1999.  I was just thinking, these numbers lately seem strange and wonder if they have hit before?

and once again best I did last night was **3** FP'S!!! time to get over the FP hump!

I was very surprised to see a repeat set of five winning numbers.  Since there have been 5,176 Take5 drawings since 1/17/1992, my thinking was there had not been a repeat set of JP winning numbers drawn.  The reason I felt that way is because there are a total of 575,757 possible 5 number combinations, and 5,176 is approximately .9% of the total possible combo's. (Not even 1%!)  That says 99.1% of all possible combo's have yet to be drawn.  Take5 fools me yet another time!!! LOL

It's possible that it's happened more than once, but I tend to doubt that it has.  The U.S. Lotteries database only goes back to 1/1/1999, and The New York Lottery database only allows searches back to 2008, so we cant use those sites to verify.  LP goes back all the way to 1/17/1992, but a premium membership is required to use that feature. But then ask yourself this question: Who's crazy enough to sit at their computer and manually enter 5,176 sets of 5 numbers?   

The only intelligent way it can be done is a computer program would have to be written that would take each set of winning numbers, and have it search thru the database of past winners looking for a matching set of 5 numbers.  Dont look at me, I aint no programmer! 

For tonite, I'm looking for the second "decade" (11-20) to double up. It's been a while since a pair of numbers from that decade has been drawn.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3709 Posts
      Posted: June 9, 2011, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I was very surprised to see a repeat set of five winning numbers.  Since there have been 5,176 Take5 drawings since 1/17/1992, my thinking was there had not been a repeat set of JP winning numbers drawn.  The reason I felt that way is because there are a total of 575,757 possible 5 number combinations, and 5,176 is approximately .9% of the total possible combo's. (Not even 1%!)  That says 99.1% of all possible combo's have yet to be drawn.  Take5 fools me yet another time!!! LOL

It's possible that it's happened more than once, but I tend to doubt that it has.  The U.S. Lotteries database only goes back to 1/1/1999, and The New York Lottery database only allows searches back to 2008, so we cant use those sites to verify.  LP goes back all the way to 1/17/1992, but a premium membership is required to use that feature. But then ask yourself this question: Who's crazy enough to sit at their computer and manually enter 5,176 sets of 5 numbers?   

The only intelligent way it can be done is a computer program would have to be written that would take each set of winning numbers, and have it search thru the database of past winners looking for a matching set of 5 numbers.  Dont look at me, I aint no programmer! 

For tonite, I'm looking for the second "decade" (11-20) to double up. It's been a while since a pair of numbers from that decade has been drawn.

Put another way:

Out of a possible 575,757 combinations of 5 numbers that could be drawn, 570,582 of those combinations have yet to be drawn.....

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
        Member #94616
        July 24, 2010
        4735 Posts
        Posted: June 9, 2011, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Put another way:

Out of a possible 575,757 combinations of 5 numbers that could be drawn, 570,582 of those combinations have yet to be drawn.....

Good point... once again best i did was FP form last nite

7 8 12 25 31 - not toooo bad

United States
          Member #70687
          February 8, 2009
          7919 Posts
          Posted: June 9, 2011, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

06/09 Results: 26, 27, 33, 37, 38 (Drawn as 27, 33, 26, 37, 38)

No way anyone hit the jackpot on those numbers unless it was a FP or QP. What a nasty sequence but a believable one based on the funky looking FP or QP tickets I have seen.

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2011, 4:41 am - IP Logged

06/09 Results: 26, 27, 33, 37, 38 (Drawn as 27, 33, 26, 37, 38)

No way anyone hit the jackpot on those numbers unless it was a FP or QP. What a nasty sequence but a believable one based on the funky looking FP or QP tickets I have seen.

Puke

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3709 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2011, 5:50 am - IP Logged

Puke

Aint much doubt those numbers were ugly as they come, but somebody in Queens aint barfin' on those numbers.

They walked away with 82 grand cuz the bought themselves a QP yesterday..............

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3709 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2011, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Picked up a couple of FP's today

6 9 16 29 32

7 8 21 25 27

They're acceptable.  It's been a while since I got any FP's that looked as good.

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3709 Posts
                  Posted: June 11, 2011, 6:09 am - IP Logged

Picked up a couple of FP's today

6 9 16 29 32

7 8 21 25 27

They're acceptable.  It's been a while since I got any FP's that looked as good.

My FP's stunk.  As you can see I didnt have one lousy number.

The thirties have been very strong lately.  Too bad I dont have enough brains to play 'em.

Ya know, there's lottsa ways to look at the Take5 numbers.  But no matter what angle I look at 'em, that aint the angle that comes out.  For instance, I didnt look at the last 4 drawings to see what numbers came out.  I shoulda done that.  3 numbers from last nites drawing appeared at least once in the last 4 drawings.

Here's how I looked at 'em yesterday to make my picks:  I'm fixated on two numbers from the second decade (11-20) comming out.  That hasnt happened in quite a while.  But does Take5 listen to me???  NOOOOOOOOO!

4 even 1 odd last nite, three numbers in the thirties, 1-1-3 group distribution. Butt ugly.  BUT! Somebody won $101,700 last nite.  Had to be a QP.  Ant nobody in their right mind picks 'em that ugly.

ny, ny
                    United States
                    Member #98736
                    October 12, 2010
                    10025 Posts
                    Posted: June 11, 2011, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

My FP's stunk.  As you can see I didnt have one lousy number.

The thirties have been very strong lately.  Too bad I dont have enough brains to play 'em.

Ya know, there's lottsa ways to look at the Take5 numbers.  But no matter what angle I look at 'em, that aint the angle that comes out.  For instance, I didnt look at the last 4 drawings to see what numbers came out.  I shoulda done that.  3 numbers from last nites drawing appeared at least once in the last 4 drawings.

Here's how I looked at 'em yesterday to make my picks:  I'm fixated on two numbers from the second decade (11-20) comming out.  That hasnt happened in quite a while.  But does Take5 listen to me???  NOOOOOOOOO!

4 even 1 odd last nite, three numbers in the thirties, 1-1-3 group distribution. Butt ugly.  BUT! Somebody won $101,700 last nite.  Had to be a QP.  Ant nobody in their right mind picks 'em that ugly.

That is the highest JP I have seen in awhile, I guess more people are playing with that PROMO on the weekends! I got 4 free plays so I do feel like a winner. I am 1 of 110,156 that won a free play!!!Green laughNow I will try that $30 QP strat and see if I can win my 1st JP EVER!!

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11983 Posts
                      Posted: June 11, 2011, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

That is the highest JP I have seen in awhile, I guess more people are playing with that PROMO on the weekends! I got 4 free plays so I do feel like a winner. I am 1 of 110,156 that won a free play!!!Green laughNow I will try that $30 QP strat and see if I can win my 1st JP EVER!!

IF YOU CAN WIN A JACKPOT LIKE THIS ON A FREE PLAY. 1 QUICK PICK TICKET WILL GET THE JOB DONE.

Take 5

Pick10 Logo

June
                      10, 2011 Take Five Winning Numbers: 04-16-35-36-38 Take Five Drawing - 1 Top
                      Prize Winner(s) of $101,761.50 top prize

Prize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize AmountNo.of Winners
                      First5 of 5$101,761.501
                      Winning Counties: WESTCHESTER (FP),
                      Retailer Locations:
                      • YORKTOWN WINES & LIQUOR , 1873 COMMERCE ST ,
                        YORKTOWN HEIGHTS
                      Second4 of 5$573.50266
                      Third3 of 5$23.5010608
                      Fourth2 of 5FREE PLAY *110156

*Free Plays are "Quick Pick"
                      tickets, good for a subsequent TAKE FIVE drawing. Free Play tickets can be
                      claimed at any retail location.

Total cash winners: 10875

The information contained on these pages is believed to be accurate. In the
                      event of a discrepancy between the information displayed on this Web site
                      concerning winning numbers and payouts and the information contained in the
                      official and certified files maintained by the New York Lottery's Drawing Unit,
                      those maintained by the Drawing Unit shall prevail.

To print, click here.

Golgo13's avatar - Goolag
                        Orange County, New York
                        United States
                        Member #140
                        March 10, 2002
                        6925 Posts
                        Posted: June 11, 2011, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

The digit 4 should bring either 31,32 or 33.

The Panther hunts for more!

United States
                          Member #70687
                          February 8, 2009
                          7919 Posts
                          Posted: June 11, 2011, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

06/11 Results: 11, 20, 22, 27, 34 (Drawn as 22, 34, 27, 11, 20)

United States
                            Member #70687
                            February 8, 2009
                            7919 Posts
                            Posted: June 11, 2011, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Best I did was 3 out of 5 which came from the $3 bonus promotional ticket.

The teens continue to be cold & from that decade, the 12, 14, 15, & 18 are out double figure draws. The 1, 3, & 8 are out double figure draws in that decade. The same goes for the 23, 24, & 39 respectively. The 34 was on this before tonight.

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3709 Posts
                              Posted: June 12, 2011, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Best I did was 3 out of 5 which came from the $3 bonus promotional ticket.

The teens continue to be cold & from that decade, the 12, 14, 15, & 18 are out double figure draws. The 1, 3, & 8 are out double figure draws in that decade. The same goes for the 23, 24, & 39 respectively. The 34 was on this before tonight.

There's been a two week run of a number from the thirties in the last (5th) position.  Look for it to break soon.  28 or 29 played as the last number on your line is a smart play.

Page 39 of 60