Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning at NY Take 5

Topic closed. 895 replies. Last post 5 years ago by trap574.

Page 7 of 60
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2010, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm playing my ticket tonight TWICE for some luck!!

It would be funny if you and ONE other person won the Jackpot tonight.  You would get 66% and they would get 33% instead of a st8 50/50 split! 

I know if happened to me I would be like --- Scared

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3702 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2010, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone think 14 is worth playing tonight?  It hasn't been out since Oct 12.  (51 drawings)

After it does come out, IMHO, it might be worth playing.  I have this crazy idea that because it's been missing so long, it might "catch up" or return to an average of being drawn about 4 times per month.  That's not to say I think it would get "hot" after being super "cold", I'm thinking it might do some one or two skips after it finally does come out. (Return to a more typical pattern)

What about 8 and 24?  They've been out for quite a while too.  Same deal as above on them too. 

I have two FP's to cash in today...  I wonder if I'll get an 8, 14 or 24!

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3702 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2010, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Here's some "interesting, but nobody cares" Take5 facts:

One week from tomorrow (Sat 12/11/10) the 5,000th  Take5 drawing will be held.  Take5 began on 1/17/92. Back then drawings were held twice a week.

There's never been a duplicate set of JP winning numbers drawn.  Just think, on 12/11, there will be only 570,757 combinations of 5 numbers that have yet to be drawn.  Unless of course a dupe set is drawn  between today and the 11th, but I aint holdin my breath!

And..... 5 numbers in sequence have never been drawn.  Sorry about that, you 1,2,3,4,5 players!  There have been drawings where 4 numbers in sequence were drawn, but not very many.  There's been a whole bunch of drawings where 3 numbers in sequence...... you get the idea I'm sure!

Now if I could just put these interesting but useless facts to good use and have them help me win a Jackpot........

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
        Member #94616
        July 24, 2010
        4735 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2010, 6:08 am - IP Logged

Here's some "interesting, but nobody cares" Take5 facts:

One week from tomorrow (Sat 12/11/10) the 5,000th  Take5 drawing will be held.  Take5 began on 1/17/92. Back then drawings were held twice a week.

There's never been a duplicate set of JP winning numbers drawn.  Just think, on 12/11, there will be only 570,757 combinations of 5 numbers that have yet to be drawn.  Unless of course a dupe set is drawn  between today and the 11th, but I aint holdin my breath!

And..... 5 numbers in sequence have never been drawn.  Sorry about that, you 1,2,3,4,5 players!  There have been drawings where 4 numbers in sequence were drawn, but not very many.  There's been a whole bunch of drawings where 3 numbers in sequence...... you get the idea I'm sure!

Now if I could just put these interesting but useless facts to good use and have them help me win a Jackpot........

wow that really narrows the odds down for a Jackpot - LOL!!!! And since you & I have mentioned the 1,2,3,4,5 you know one is gonna show soon.  There are what 35 sets of sequence #'s(right?). So 1 out of 35 chance, not bad, now just have to time it right to when a seq. set is gonna hit!

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3702 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2010, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Has anybody heard of "Playing the angles"?

I read that the way to do it, is to play $5 on one playslip, and then scramble the numbers and replay them on another $5 playslip.

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3702 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2010, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

This probably wouldn't surprise a savvy Take5 player, but it's a very smart move to play a repeater, or a one-skip or a two-skip. There's hardly a day that goes by where at least one of those three things does not happen. I built an Excel spreadsheet of the last 365 days of Take5 drawings.  I went through it and colored repeaters in gold, one-skips in light green, and two-skips in light blue.  What I saw was very revealing.

There was no repeater, one-skip or two-skip in last night's draw.  I'm going to pick my numbers for tonite's drawing based upon one or two of those three things.

New York
              United States
              Member #78280
              August 11, 2009
              123 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2010, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

5-12-16-26-30.

5-15-19-30-31.

3-11-12-16-30.

3-13-27-30-39.

4-16-24-29-30.

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3702 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2010, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

The "experts" all say... Play a balanced game, you know, 3 odds and 2 evens, or 2 odds and 3 evens.

That made sense to me because out of a total of 575,757 five number combinations, 194,940 of them have a 3/2 odd/even split.  That's approximately 34% of the total number of possible combo's.

Why is it then, that in the last 60 Take5 drawings, a 3/2 odd/even split has occured only 11 times? (18.3%)  Not only that, there has not been a 3/2 odd/even split in 17 straight drawings. 

I go with the percentages, so I play mostly 3/2 and 2/3 splits.  I shouldnt wonder why my tickets stink!

pattyk's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  Williamstown, NY
                  United States
                  Member #82142
                  November 7, 2009
                  335 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2010, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

QP until Tuesday:

09, 14, 17, 20, 33

Good luck players!!!!

United States
                    Member #94616
                    July 24, 2010
                    4735 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2010, 6:43 am - IP Logged

The "experts" all say... Play a balanced game, you know, 3 odds and 2 evens, or 2 odds and 3 evens.

That made sense to me because out of a total of 575,757 five number combinations, 194,940 of them have a 3/2 odd/even split.  That's approximately 34% of the total number of possible combo's.

Why is it then, that in the last 60 Take5 drawings, a 3/2 odd/even split has occured only 11 times? (18.3%)  Not only that, there has not been a 3/2 odd/even split in 17 straight drawings. 

I go with the percentages, so I play mostly 3/2 and 2/3 splits.  I shouldnt wonder why my tickets stink!

Give5 - I love the information you are sharing !  I agree with all of it but one thing I think "WE ARE THE EXPERTS"  everything you have mentioned from the 'experts' I have either read about here on LP or noticed my self.  The reason I say we are the experts here is we discuss and analyze numbers everyday AND put our idea 'out' for others to comment on.   

With that said I also agree with the two posts you have about 3/2 idea and the "There was no repeater, one-skip or two-skip in last night's draw.  I'm going to pick my numbers for tonite's drawing based upon one or two of those three things. " comment.  I have been also trying to watch for that and take that into account. 

I think those 2 ideas you list are the base for winning.  With that said now just have to figure out which numbers might repeat from last night or the night before.  One idea is to spend $10 and play EACH number on one line from the last 2 nights? 

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!  Thumbs Up

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3702 Posts
                      Posted: December 5, 2010, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Give5 - I love the information you are sharing !  I agree with all of it but one thing I think "WE ARE THE EXPERTS"  everything you have mentioned from the 'experts' I have either read about here on LP or noticed my self.  The reason I say we are the experts here is we discuss and analyze numbers everyday AND put our idea 'out' for others to comment on.   

With that said I also agree with the two posts you have about 3/2 idea and the "There was no repeater, one-skip or two-skip in last night's draw.  I'm going to pick my numbers for tonite's drawing based upon one or two of those three things. " comment.  I have been also trying to watch for that and take that into account. 

I think those 2 ideas you list are the base for winning.  With that said now just have to figure out which numbers might repeat from last night or the night before.  One idea is to spend $10 and play EACH number on one line from the last 2 nights? 

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!  Thumbs Up

Thanks for the vote of confidence..... although most everything I've posted I've read somewhere on the internet.  Most of it is common sense.  I like playing Take5, I'm having fun with it, but let's face it - the lottery is a sucker bet given the huge odds against players.  So If I'm going to play it, I figured I should try to play it as "smartly" as possible.

Last nites numbers were: 1 3 6 19 25...  the 6 and the 25 were both one-skips, I had the 6 in one game, but it was my only number.  25 did a one-skip comming off a two-skip.  25 has hit 12 times in the last 39 draws, so it's hot.  I played 8 and 14 on some lines too.  Both have gone very cold.  My guess is they will start to cycle normally once they come out, so now I'm going to watch and wait for them. After I see them come out I'll probably play them a little extra.

I'm gonna use the new spreadsheet I made and count eah number to see which numbers are the "top repeaters", top one-skips and two-skips. I'll post that info here. 

And............. no 3/2 odd/even split again last nite!!!  18 straight days and no 3/2 split!  That's driving me nuts!!

Your idea of spending $10 and playing each number from the last two nites sounds OK to me, except in my case, there's more days when I dont have 10 bucks to play Take5 than there are days that I do!!  Maybe you could try combining a partial QP with those 10 numbers.  Or play $5 and use two numbers on one line from the last two days, and let the terminal pick the other three numbers to compete each line.  Just a thought.

Elmont.NY
                        United States
                        Member #91803
                        May 25, 2010
                        438 Posts
                        Posted: December 5, 2010, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Kapla

It seems like 3 low numbers are hot with a teen and 20's/30.I would try 3,9,18,24,35 and 5,9,12,28,34.Lurking

It's got to Happen soon.

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3702 Posts
                          Posted: December 5, 2010, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Kapla

It seems like 3 low numbers are hot with a teen and 20's/30.I would try 3,9,18,24,35 and 5,9,12,28,34.Lurking

Guys,

I've noticed lately that the thirties can only sustain short runs. Remember how strong they were in November?

The longest consecutive run of thirties lately is 5 days.  Since 11/15/10 they've been short and choppy. 

On the other hand, single digits are on a 10 day run.  4, 8, & 9 are missing from that run however.

United States
                            Member #94616
                            July 24, 2010
                            4735 Posts
                            Posted: December 5, 2010, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Guys,

I've noticed lately that the thirties can only sustain short runs. Remember how strong they were in November?

The longest consecutive run of thirties lately is 5 days.  Since 11/15/10 they've been short and choppy. 

On the other hand, single digits are on a 10 day run.  4, 8, & 9 are missing from that run however.

This is were it gets HARD - Fast907 makes a good point of sticking to whats hitting which is 2 or 3 low numbers and then sprinkle in the rest.  But Givefive is right with the choppy runs.

In November I talked about chasing "due' numbers and groups.   I think its worth a try to chase HOT numbers & groups.  Since the 3/2 is not showing going add that in a little

lets try...

3 as a reapeat, 7, 9, 14 (longest out right now), 17,20, 22, 33, 36 .... and group them as...

3,14,20,33,36 (this one does not fit the 'hot' chase idea but I want to try it)

By the way GREAT discussion going on guys - NOW LETS HIT 5 OF 5!!!!!

Long Island, NY
                              United States
                              Member #57412
                              January 3, 2008
                              419 Posts
                              Posted: December 5, 2010, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the vote of confidence..... although most everything I've posted I've read somewhere on the internet.  Most of it is common sense.  I like playing Take5, I'm having fun with it, but let's face it - the lottery is a sucker bet given the huge odds against players.  So If I'm going to play it, I figured I should try to play it as "smartly" as possible.

Last nites numbers were: 1 3 6 19 25...  the 6 and the 25 were both one-skips, I had the 6 in one game, but it was my only number.  25 did a one-skip comming off a two-skip.  25 has hit 12 times in the last 39 draws, so it's hot.  I played 8 and 14 on some lines too.  Both have gone very cold.  My guess is they will start to cycle normally once they come out, so now I'm going to watch and wait for them. After I see them come out I'll probably play them a little extra.

I'm gonna use the new spreadsheet I made and count eah number to see which numbers are the "top repeaters", top one-skips and two-skips. I'll post that info here. 

And............. no 3/2 odd/even split again last nite!!!  18 straight days and no 3/2 split!  That's driving me nuts!!

Your idea of spending $10 and playing each number from the last two nites sounds OK to me, except in my case, there's more days when I dont have 10 bucks to play Take5 than there are days that I do!!  Maybe you could try combining a partial QP with those 10 numbers.  Or play $5 and use two numbers on one line from the last two days, and let the terminal pick the other three numbers to compete each line.  Just a thought.

If you look at the last month or so draws, you will see the 1-3 as the lead numbers drawn.  Here are some followers, (in short) mixed with hot/cold/lukewarm and some basic instinct:

5-19-23-32-34

11-23-29-31-32

7-9-20-31-34

5-16-17-31-32

11-14-17-31-34

14-17-21-23-30

Won't be surprised to see some/all the numbers drawn on 12/5.

I don't let statistics hamper my determination of what I think is going to come. 3/2 splits, skips, repeats etc....

Page 7 of 60