Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistics around the balance of even/odd and small/big numbers

Topic closed. 142 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 2 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3972 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2011, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Stack47

I think we only need to watch the local weather or look at the markets to see how statistics

perform on any given day.  The weather is considered by many to be random but only because

they don't have enough data to make their predictions.  You would think that with all the super

computing power at there disposal, that statistics would do better then +/- 3 degrees as an 

accepted average which is more like +/- 5 for the norm.  I missed a pick-6 jackpot the other day

by 2 numbers, both were were only 1 number off.   Statistics in my opinion are for loosers because

thats what they predict.  Maddog's challenge is a perfect example of how statistics work.  Several

times the posted numbers done very well but when averaged togeather they could all be branded

as loosers.  Hitting 3 of 5 in 12 of 59 is doing very well and 4 of 5 in 12 of 59 even better.  If a

system can produce better then the expected odds then that is a system worth mention. 

We that choose to pick or own numbers are branded "control freaks" by others that seem to want to

control the way we think, hmmmm.  The only real place for statistics to be applied to the lottery is from

the State's point of view.  They can average everything togeather and predict very closely what the

payouts will be.   I do like QP's in one reguard, since over 70% of sales are QP's that means that 70%

of the jackpot comes from these people.  Without them the jackpots would be very small.

RL

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7314 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2011, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Stack47

I think we only need to watch the local weather or look at the markets to see how statistics

perform on any given day.  The weather is considered by many to be random but only because

they don't have enough data to make their predictions.  You would think that with all the super

computing power at there disposal, that statistics would do better then +/- 3 degrees as an 

accepted average which is more like +/- 5 for the norm.  I missed a pick-6 jackpot the other day

by 2 numbers, both were were only 1 number off.   Statistics in my opinion are for loosers because

thats what they predict.  Maddog's challenge is a perfect example of how statistics work.  Several

times the posted numbers done very well but when averaged togeather they could all be branded

as loosers.  Hitting 3 of 5 in 12 of 59 is doing very well and 4 of 5 in 12 of 59 even better.  If a

system can produce better then the expected odds then that is a system worth mention. 

We that choose to pick or own numbers are branded "control freaks" by others that seem to want to

control the way we think, hmmmm.  The only real place for statistics to be applied to the lottery is from

the State's point of view.  They can average everything togeather and predict very closely what the

payouts will be.   I do like QP's in one reguard, since over 70% of sales are QP's that means that 70%

of the jackpot comes from these people.  Without them the jackpots would be very small.

RL

"Maddog's challenge is a perfect example of how statistics work.  Several times the posted numbers done very well but when averaged togeather they could all be branded as loosers."

The only relevant statistic for the Challenges is matching at least three numbers and/or one bonus number. A yearly statistic might include the number of times each player matched each level but the only prize is self satisfaction.

If a lottery pays out less than 50% for a year in its pick-3 game, Collectively every player in that state is a loser.

"We that choose to pick or own numbers are branded "control freaks" by others that seem to want to control the way we think, hmmmm."

It's been elevated to a belief system. Apparently players that choose their own numbers are now cult members.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2011, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Without knowing what specific numbers are going to hit the lotteries could care less if you can spot any balance, imbalance, biases, etc...

I still haven't seen anything like "Four Os and two Es" on a playslip.

They wouldn't even care if you absolutely knew that the next drawing will show one single digit, one in the teens two in the twenties, none in the thirties of forties, and two in the fifties.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3972 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2011, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Stack47

I meant to say "The analysis of Maddog's challenge that I have seen here is a perfect example

of statistics at work."  It only works when the outcomes are averaged togeather and then only

in some cases.  Anyone who has won a jackpot of any size or wins many smaller prizes won't 

fit the predicted mode.  I think we are on the same page on many things and each person is

in my opinion very able to gauge there own success.  I think that all system players make adjust-

ments to their systems on a ongoing bases.  The ones who deal in statistics are the real control

freaks in my opinion because they have one mindset that nothing can be done.  If they were to

admit that something could be done to improve ones odds then where would they draw the line.

Statistics are fine when used correctly and one understands that the predicted results are just

that, "predicted results".   I do understand their point of view but they cannot understand mine,

I am not fooled by anything concerning the lottery and no amount of statistics will ever predict a

winning set for me.   Some people like to throw the word "Luck" around but I don't know what 

luck is.  I guess lucky means winner and unlucky means looser, I prefer to think of it as I made 

the correct or incorrect choices and the results define the difference.

RL

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3972 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2011, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Without knowing what specific numbers are going to hit the lotteries could care less if you can spot any balance, imbalance, biases, etc...

They wouldn't even care if you absolutely knew that the next drawing will show one single digit, one in the teens two in the twenties, none in the thirties of forties, and two in the fifties.

CT

Why would the lotteries care about anything you mentioned above or for that matter why would

anyone.  While it is true that most people pick five or six numbers to build each set they play and

may include many different digits, odd numbers, even numbers, High numbers, low numbers and

any other type of number or information they think may be useful or better in some way verses a

quick-pick, I don't see a problem with this.  The lottery is called random but I cannot think of any

closed system as being truly random.  If lottery pools were infinite without any restrictions as to

what numbers could be drawn then maybe.  In my way of thinking, lotteries draw sets of numbers

and there are only so many sets that can be drawn.  Any set in the matrix could be drawn on any

given day regardless of what has been drawn in the past.

Let's say that a dart board hanging in the local bar was 30% red  and 45% was blue and 20% was

green and 5% was white.  If I totaled all attemps at throwing darts at the board the results over the

course of a year I would expect 5% of the darts would have hit the white and 45% would have hit the

blue and so on.

The darts have no memory and no amount of counting where darts hit in the past attemps have

anything to do with the next throw.  The lottery works the very same way,  If half of the numbers

are odd then half of the numbers drawn will be odd.   I am sure that you have read my post here

at LP where I have said that I don't look at the numbers.   Lets say that 40% of sets have 3 odd

numbers, is it a fallacy to believe that 40% of the sets drawn will have 3 odd numbers.  Since odd

numbers can contain 2 digits which we know at least one of which will be odd then what is the

percent of numbers that will have 2 odd digits verses one odd and one even or in single digit numbers

only one odd.  The bias created by using this type of logic can allow the player to increase their odds

of winning.  Using many such types of data can reduce sets very quickly and timming ones play using

the matrix of possible sets as a guide requires some heavy calculations at times but sooner or later

all the data will produce an expected result.  It is not predicting but more like setting a trap.  The draws

will follow the matrix and what can happen will happen.  I designed my system to produce small wins

while waiting for the jackpot.  One of the guys using my system trapped a 5 of 5 in 12 sets after using

it for only a few months.  Several others have trapped 5 of 5's but 12 sets have been the fewest reported

to me.  I don't say that no other methods exist and some may even show better results then mine but

no one can convince me that it can't be done because I have seen it with my own eyes.

RL

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2011, 12:21 am - IP Logged

RL

" CT

Why would the lotteries care about anything you mentioned above or for that matter why would

anyone.  While it is true that most people pick five or six numbers to build each set they play and

may include many different digits, odd numbers, even numbers, High numbers, low numbers and

any other type of number or information they think may be useful or better in some way verses a

quick-pick, I don't see a problem with this."

From quite a few discussions on this board, especially in Systems and Mathematics, quite a few people care greatly about these things. My point is knowing odds or evens, highs or lows, etc... ad nauseam doesn't tell you what specific numbers are going to hit. And that's what jackpots pay off on, five for five, six for six, five for five on the top matrix and the right Mega or Powerball number on the bottom matrix.

Some people seem to be in denial that despite whatever they come up with the lottery is a step ahead of them. No, not a step, a light year.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7314 Posts
              Posted: January 11, 2011, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Stack47

I meant to say "The analysis of Maddog's challenge that I have seen here is a perfect example

of statistics at work."  It only works when the outcomes are averaged togeather and then only

in some cases.  Anyone who has won a jackpot of any size or wins many smaller prizes won't 

fit the predicted mode.  I think we are on the same page on many things and each person is

in my opinion very able to gauge there own success.  I think that all system players make adjust-

ments to their systems on a ongoing bases.  The ones who deal in statistics are the real control

freaks in my opinion because they have one mindset that nothing can be done.  If they were to

admit that something could be done to improve ones odds then where would they draw the line.

Statistics are fine when used correctly and one understands that the predicted results are just

that, "predicted results".   I do understand their point of view but they cannot understand mine,

I am not fooled by anything concerning the lottery and no amount of statistics will ever predict a

winning set for me.   Some people like to throw the word "Luck" around but I don't know what 

luck is.  I guess lucky means winner and unlucky means looser, I prefer to think of it as I made 

the correct or incorrect choices and the results define the difference.

RL

In games with a fixed number of possibilities, over time the statistics will show the results are similar to the probability we knew before the first drawing was held. If about 80% of all the possibilities in 6/49 lotto game have 2 to 4 even numbers then over time about 80% of the drawings will have 2 to 4 even numbers.

Probability could be used to determine the chances of any MM jackpot being hit. When 229 million tickets were sold last Tuesday the chances of anyone winning that jackpot were 11.5 times higher than the chances of anyone winning the following $12 million jackpot when 19.9 million tickets were sold. Statistics would show when over 200 million tickets are sold, 100% of the jackpots were won and they might show about 1 in every 11.5 jackpots are won when 19.9 million tickets are sold.

"The ones who deal in statistics are the real control freaks in my opinion because they have one mindset that nothing can be done."

When the statistic prove the actual results were pretty close to the probable result I see no useful purpose for the statistics. Do we really need a years worth of statistics to prove to us that making four $3168 wagers a week for a year using only 12 WBs and only 4 bonus numbers playing MM and PB is a bad bet?

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2011, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

RL

" CT

quick-pick, I don't see a problem with this."

From quite a few discussions on this board, especially in Systems and Mathematics, quite a few people care greatly about these things. My point is knowing odds or evens, highs or lows, etc... ad nauseam doesn't tell you what specific numbers are going to hit. And that's what jackpots pay off on, five for five, six for six, five for five on the top matrix and the right Mega or Powerball number on the bottom matrix.

Some people seem to be in denial that despite whatever they come up with the lottery is a step ahead of them. No, not a step, a light year.

"From quite a few discussions on this board, especially in Systems and Mathematics, quite a few people care greatly about these things. My point is knowing odds or evens, highs or lows, etc... ad nauseam doesn't tell you what specific numbers are going to hit. And that's what jackpots pay off on, five for five, six for six, five for five on the top matrix and the right Mega or Powerball number on the bottom matrix."

EXACTLY!

I Agree!

Don would agree too!  Smiley

United States
                  Member #59354
                  March 13, 2008
                  3972 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2011, 7:04 am - IP Logged

In games with a fixed number of possibilities, over time the statistics will show the results are similar to the probability we knew before the first drawing was held. If about 80% of all the possibilities in 6/49 lotto game have 2 to 4 even numbers then over time about 80% of the drawings will have 2 to 4 even numbers.

Probability could be used to determine the chances of any MM jackpot being hit. When 229 million tickets were sold last Tuesday the chances of anyone winning that jackpot were 11.5 times higher than the chances of anyone winning the following $12 million jackpot when 19.9 million tickets were sold. Statistics would show when over 200 million tickets are sold, 100% of the jackpots were won and they might show about 1 in every 11.5 jackpots are won when 19.9 million tickets are sold.

"The ones who deal in statistics are the real control freaks in my opinion because they have one mindset that nothing can be done."

When the statistic prove the actual results were pretty close to the probable result I see no useful purpose for the statistics. Do we really need a years worth of statistics to prove to us that making four $3168 wagers a week for a year using only 12 WBs and only 4 bonus numbers playing MM and PB is a bad bet?

Stack47

Amen, My thoughts exactly. 

CT

It is worthless knowledge to the player no matter how you slice it.  I always play for the jackpot but

in a way that assures me the most smaller prizes to offset any losses I may occure over time.  Everyone

who plays has the same exact odds for each ticket purchased.  What Stef is looking for is only the stats

for a certain odd / even balance of numbers and somehow it has been turned into a massive effort to 

turn this thread into a stupid statistical analysis of the entire matrix.   I use to restore old cars as a 

hobby and the last one I built was a old 1949 ford.  It took almost 3 years and around 35K in parts.

When it was finished people would say to me, "I don't know how you can take a rusty pice of junk and

make it better then new.   I was at the world of wheels a couple years ago and a person came up to

me having looked at the vehicle and said "You are a genius."  My reply was "The hardest thing I had to

do was put a wrench on a bolt and turn it."  How much gray matter does that take?   This person looked

at the finished product and could not see that it was really a series of very small steps.  I never look

look at the odds against me when playing,  I just make a bunch of small adjustments that leads to a

finished product ie Set of Numbers and hope for the best.  Look at the probability for playing  1 ticket vs

100 tickets and tell how this small difference could be of any use unless it caused you to put the money

back in your pocket and walk away.  Sure there is only 1 set that can jackpot but there are thousands 

of smaller prizes that should not be overlooked. Overall odds for PB are 1 in 35.11 and the smallest 

prize payout is $3.00.  If all sets have the same chance then why not focus on the smaller prizes and

maybe hit a jackpot in the process. 

RL

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7314 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2011, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

"I still haven't seen anything like "Four Os and two Es" on a playslip."

It's easy to understand why that option and many other filters are not on playslips or on any of the machines for clerks to do manually. I doubt anybody would play all the combinations in your Lil Lotto game with 2 even numbers and 3 odd numbers even if the could on one playslip, manually, or fill out their own playslips because there are 194,940 combinations.

If a player wanted to add 2 low number and 3 high numbers to the 2 even and 3 odd numbers bet, there are still 65,070 combinations. The terminal would be "closed" for a long time while the tickets were being run and probably include putting in more paper or even ink into the machine. If they allowed exotic bets of $500 and under there is still the "mistake" factor and more added time the machines would be down and possibly the store while the clerks canceled the tickets.

Many members have suggested systems that could hit jackpots for a few thousand dollars but most clerks would probably refuse to run 500 or more playslips because it would "close" the terminal to other customers and/or fear of making mistakes they would have to cancel later.

Ohio is the only state where I saw the option to play the numbers on pick-3 and pick-4 playslips multiple times for the same drawing. If a player wants to play a pick-3 number straight for $1.00 ten times (10 separate tickets), they can put the number on one playslip and check  "straight", "$1.00", and 10 in "how many times". They can play up to 5 numbers the same way multiple times on the same playslip. But that's about the only extra option we'll ever see on playslips.

Stef is just now figuring out that combinations with 2 to 4 even numbers in Lotto games come out a high percentage of the time, but doesn't understand the probability of why and thought they should share it. It's just a standard filter that has been used with other standard filter for many years; ever since affordable computers allowed people to write lottery programs.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                      Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1713 Posts
                      Posted: January 14, 2011, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

The LOTTO TEXAS - TEXAS LOTTERY DOES HAVE O's and E's on the Playslip.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: January 14, 2011, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

"I still haven't seen anything like "Four Os and two Es" on a playslip."

It's easy to understand why that option and many other filters are not on playslips or on any of the machines for clerks to do manually. I doubt anybody would play all the combinations in your Lil Lotto game with 2 even numbers and 3 odd numbers even if the could on one playslip, manually, or fill out their own playslips because there are 194,940 combinations.

If a player wanted to add 2 low number and 3 high numbers to the 2 even and 3 odd numbers bet, there are still 65,070 combinations. The terminal would be "closed" for a long time while the tickets were being run and probably include putting in more paper or even ink into the machine. If they allowed exotic bets of $500 and under there is still the "mistake" factor and more added time the machines would be down and possibly the store while the clerks canceled the tickets.

Many members have suggested systems that could hit jackpots for a few thousand dollars but most clerks would probably refuse to run 500 or more playslips because it would "close" the terminal to other customers and/or fear of making mistakes they would have to cancel later.

Ohio is the only state where I saw the option to play the numbers on pick-3 and pick-4 playslips multiple times for the same drawing. If a player wants to play a pick-3 number straight for $1.00 ten times (10 separate tickets), they can put the number on one playslip and check  "straight", "$1.00", and 10 in "how many times". They can play up to 5 numbers the same way multiple times on the same playslip. But that's about the only extra option we'll ever see on playslips.

Stef is just now figuring out that combinations with 2 to 4 even numbers in Lotto games come out a high percentage of the time, but doesn't understand the probability of why and thought they should share it. It's just a standard filter that has been used with other standard filter for many years; ever since affordable computers allowed people to write lottery programs.

We all had to start somewhere. LOL

Several years ago I found what I thought was a neat little pattern in the numbers and set about writing code that would do the grunt work without making mistakes. It turned out that the little pattern worked just fine, but produced an unplayable total number of combos. That is -- the "winner" fit the pattern, but so did oodles of "losers". Crazy

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                          Member #59354
                          March 13, 2008
                          3972 Posts
                          Posted: January 14, 2011, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

The LOTTO TEXAS - TEXAS LOTTERY DOES HAVE O's and E's on the Playslip.

Stack47

I think I know what the problem is, They have just never seen a real lottery program so I am

including a link to a small video of my 64bit version that should explain everything.

http://www.box.net/shared/hgk2efuhq4

I knew what digits hit and just used the most current drawing as a demo. I also knew how many

odd numbers were in the draw.

Step #1  I set the digits to play

Step #2 I block the unused digits

Step#3  I run the program and get 34 sets

Step #4 I move the 34 sets to the main folder

Step #5 I erase the Temp file

Step #6 I set the odd so that only 2 odd numbers can be used in each set,  "does not care which 2 are odd" 

Step #7 I run the program again and get 17 sets

Step #8 I run the check numbers option which shows the 0-1-2-3-4-5 of 5 matches

Step #9 I view the contents of the temp file = numbers that would be played.

All other filters are unused except TG and G1 and G5

G1 and G5 set the start and end points for the numerical number generator and TG would take

to long to explain.

RL

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3972 Posts
                            Posted: January 14, 2011, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

everyone

Here is a link to a lottery odds, Combos, and probability calculator that I wrote.  Just run the

setup program and it will install the calc and build a shortcut to it.  It is not for pick-3 or pick-4

single digit games and does not calculate bonus balls.  Just type in how many numbers are in

each set and then type in how many numbers in the matrix.

Example for a 6-44 game

1st type in 6 and press enter

2nd type in 44 and press enter

The results will then be displayed

http://www.box.net/shared/8req4vjovz

RL

Saturn
                              United States
                              Member #82529
                              November 15, 2009
                              34 Posts
                              Posted: January 15, 2011, 12:51 am - IP Logged

In a sense ,it's likr those post that I read that in a pick 6 game 1'2'3'4'5'6 can be a winning combination...Sure It can..Though when and if it happens good luck and congratulation to the winner..I sure not going to wait around,,Just because (evens) hold a advantage be it big or small  at any particular time am I going to wait around choosng 4 odd numbers because all things tend to even out or their are more odd numbers in a particular game..Just look at Mega for the  last few drawings.. numbers between(1-9)

8-6-4-1/4-2 thats 5 to 1

and their are 5 odd/4 even numbers

So go ahead and choose all odds between (1-9)   for Mega over the next few drawings and let me know how it turns out.

Page 2 of 10