Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post your scratch ticket results

13603 replies. Last post 1 day ago by reddog.

Page 508 of 907
PrintE-mailLink
Douglasville, GA
United States
Member #126604
April 12, 2012
869 Posts
Posted: May 2, 2013, 8:03 am - IP Logged

Congrats again FiveX! Send some of that good karma my way!

FiveXChamps's avatar - Lottery-003.jpg
    High Point, NC
    United States
    Member #133621
    October 4, 2012
    58 Posts
    Posted: May 2, 2013, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Looks more like a $400 winner to me

I cashed in the $100 and bought this one.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
      NY
      United States
      Member #121961
      January 21, 2012
      3157 Posts
      Posted: May 2, 2013, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Great finds fivex. Any of those from a machine.

FiveXChamps's avatar - Lottery-003.jpg
        High Point, NC
        United States
        Member #133621
        October 4, 2012
        58 Posts
        Posted: May 2, 2013, 11:03 am - IP Logged

The $1000 dollar winner came from a Food Lion machine. The others came from convinence stores. I do my best out of the machines it seems but it may just be coincidence. I mix it up best I can so I can work different rolls.

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #62713
          July 6, 2008
          3715 Posts
          Posted: May 2, 2013, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Can someone Explain Why these 2 Players win the same amount in the top Prize but the Lump  sum is Diffrent ? 

1) CAMPBELLTON WOMAN WINS $3 MILLION TOP PRIZE IN GOLD RUSH TRIPLER SCRATCH-OFF GAME

Spencer chose the one-time, lump-sum payment option for her winnings, in the amount of $1,950,000

2) OKEECHOBEE WOMAN WINS $3,000,000 FLAMINGO FORTUNE TOP PRIZE

Palmer chose the one-time, lump-sum payment option for her winnings, in the amount of $2,493,752.05.

What?  What?  What?

The difference is $543,752.05 - Pretty signficant 

This information was taken from the Florida lottery Website. 

The only Logical Explanation is that the Woman that claimed the $1.9 Mil owed money to somekind of Government  Entity, be it Taxes, Student Loan, Welfare, etc...  or an error from the Florida Lottery. 

Keep moving Forward.

Miami, Florida
            United States
            Member #111795
            June 2, 2011
            581 Posts
            Posted: May 2, 2013, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Can someone Explain Why these 2 Players win the same amount in the top Prize but the Lump  sum is Diffrent ? 

1) CAMPBELLTON WOMAN WINS $3 MILLION TOP PRIZE IN GOLD RUSH TRIPLER SCRATCH-OFF GAME

Spencer chose the one-time, lump-sum payment option for her winnings, in the amount of $1,950,000

Palmer chose the one-time, lump-sum payment option for her winnings, in the amount of $2,493,752.05.

What?  What?  What?

The only Logical Explanation is that the Woman that claimed the $1.9 Mil owed money to somekind of Government  Entity, be it Taxes, Student Loan, Welfare, etc...  or an error from the Florida Lottery. 

Lucki, I'm not a financial guy at all, but I do know that some games' payout amount is based on the stock market, some kind of index, etc... That is why we see that some people take different amounts in the lump sum. I don't know how it is calculated, but it is tied to the market and if it's a strong day--your payout is increased. However, it does seem that the 1.95 mil from GRT is a set amount. Again, I'm no expert but that is my understanding. Perhaps some games have a differently structured payout. Someone will have a more concise answer, I'm sure.

Orlando, FL
              United States
              Member #142100
              May 2, 2013
              5 Posts
              Posted: May 2, 2013, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I might be wrong but I tought it had to do with your taxes (how many dependents and what bracket your in).

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                Jacksonville Florida
                United States
                Member #23018
                October 6, 2005
                916 Posts
                Posted: May 2, 2013, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

What?  What?  What?

The rules for these games calculate the cash value differently.

Gold Rush Tripler's top prize cash value is a fixed $1,950,000.

Flamingo Fortune's top prize cash value is variable based on this rule:
                "A winner of a (Flamingo Fortune) $3,000,000 prize shall receive a cash payment of the amount of cash required to purchase U.S. Government Securities that would fund $3,000,000 paid over a twenty year period, less applicable federal withholding taxes. This figure will be determined during the week following the date on which the $3,000,000 prize is claimed by obtaining quotes from at least two investment sources. The quote costing the least to fund the twenty year payment stream will be the amount of the Cash Option prize."

All $3,000,000 prizes are not created equal...

Miami, Florida
                  United States
                  Member #111795
                  June 2, 2011
                  581 Posts
                  Posted: May 2, 2013, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

"A winner of a (Flamingo Fortune) $3,000,000 prize shall receive a cash payment of the amount of cash required to purchase U.S. Government Securities that would fund $3,000,000 paid over a twenty year period, less applicable federal withholding taxes. This figure will be determined during the week following the date on which the $3,000,000 prize is claimed by obtaining quotes from at least two investment sources. The quote costing the least to fund the twenty year payment stream will be the amount of the Cash Option prize."

Wow, sweet. Imagine how that week must feel!!!  Once you claim your prize, you still don't know for a week how much you're actually taking! Ha!

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #62713
                    July 6, 2008
                    3715 Posts
                    Posted: May 2, 2013, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Lucki, I'm not a financial guy at all, but I do know that some games' payout amount is based on the stock market, some kind of index, etc... That is why we see that some people take different amounts in the lump sum. I don't know how it is calculated, but it is tied to the market and if it's a strong day--your payout is increased. However, it does seem that the 1.95 mil from GRT is a set amount. Again, I'm no expert but that is my understanding. Perhaps some games have a differently structured payout. Someone will have a more concise answer, I'm sure.

Thanks for the Explanation. Thumbs Up

Keep moving Forward.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #62713
                      July 6, 2008
                      3715 Posts
                      Posted: May 2, 2013, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Duckman. Wow I did not know that. Boy talk about reading the fine print. So for the GRT since its a fixed Cash value prize the check is given without waiting, In Prizes Structed like Flamingo Fortune - 1 week has to go buy before the Check is Printed. Hope they have some comfortable Hotels by the lotttery headquarter in Tallahassee. LOL 

Keep moving Forward.

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #62713
                        July 6, 2008
                        3715 Posts
                        Posted: May 2, 2013, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Keep moving Forward.

Douglasville, GA
                          United States
                          Member #126604
                          April 12, 2012
                          869 Posts
                          Posted: May 2, 2013, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Nice Lucki!

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                            Port Orange, Florida
                            United States
                            Member #133398
                            September 28, 2012
                            163 Posts
                            Posted: May 2, 2013, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Awesome Lucki!  #17 is a odd number for a nice hit. Numbers in the teens typically are always duds for me. Maybe the number sequence really means nothing. i typically win at the beg or ends of rolls.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #62713
                              July 6, 2008
                              3715 Posts
                              Posted: May 2, 2013, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Awesome Lucki!  #17 is a odd number for a nice hit. Numbers in the teens typically are always duds for me. Maybe the number sequence really means nothing. i typically win at the beg or ends of rolls.

Thumbs Up

Maybe the number sequence really means nothing

I Agree!

Keep moving Forward.

Page 508 of 907