Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post your scratch ticket results

13604 replies. Last post 4 days ago by Chris$.

Page 701 of 907
PrintE-mailLink
Mass
United States
Member #68073
December 12, 2008
217 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2014, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I'll have to double check when I get home, but I went back for more... twice.

I got back down there and bought tickets 45 and 46, scratched them there and lost. Bought tickets 47-50 to take home... last number of the last ticket hit a single match for $15. I went back down two hours later and the pack was on ticket 52. Got 3 more tickets for my $15 winner and zipped. Bought out the rest of the roll and zipped on every one of the last six tickets..

So from that pack (of what i know) tickets 001-013 zipped with the exception of 002. I went back down and the pack was on 30..... 30-36 zipped. I go back down and play 45-50 and hit a single $10 match on the last number of the last ticket. Go back down and play 52-59 and zip on every one.

I had a $20 left in my wallet, decided to play two of the $1000 frenzy since the cashier zipped on six in a row and hit $10 on his 7th ticket out of that pack. I went and bought two from the row he was playing and hit $15 on the second ticket. Took my $15 and left. So I basically reinvested all if not a little more than the $105 I won from the night before. I am DONE chasing wins, I think the biggest problem is buying 4 $5 tickets in a row and zipping... it makes me think that there has to be a hit for sure in the next 3-4 tickets. Problem is, in this pack there weren't really. THEN other people bought some tickets, and probably had a few decent hits as I played around a third of the pack and it returned a lousy $25. 

I will never let it get to the point to where I'm running to the ATM to get more money to play, and I'm done with emptying my wallet chasing wins... considering my little ~ $100 spree yesterday. No more then two tickets from any single pack for me, and I think I'm going to stop scratching at the store and set some sort of limit on my spending be it monthly or per trip (or both). I've never seen runs of duds like this.

The cashier at the store told me he and his girlfriend played two packs of tickets, an aces and 8's and a match for cash. $300 rolls... both returned $150 and neither had a winner over $50. I can't remember for sure, but I think he said there was a run of around 20 straight losers in one pack.

He hit $250 on the $30 ticket, $100 on a million match, $500 on a $500 frenzy (out of a different pack than the one I played) $40 on a million multiplier and a few smaller wins on some 5 and 10 dollar tickets. But I bet he easily spent $400-$500 playing as well. I think he hawks a little bit, watching players like me strike out and then swooping in. I wouldn't be surprised if he had played the row I was playing after I left each time.

I have had some success "safe-chasing". I find an out-of-the-way store, most likely a Mom & Pop but definitely someplace with not a high volume of customers. Next I look for a ticket that has been out for quite awhile yet still has some top prizes unclaimed. Typically stores will put these types of tickets lower or off to the edges of the displays cases. I will purchase however many of that one ticket that my daily gambling budget allows and take them home. If I get skunked, get a break-even or small profit winner, I go back the next day and repeat. More often than not the roll has not even been touched since my previous purchase. Since no one is really playing this older ticket, I increase my own odds of finding that significant winner, or at least the largest winner in that pack. This method/strategy can work in C-stores with high traffic too if they carry lots of games.

I used this strategy on a very old $2 ticket a few years ago and on the sixth day came away with this winner:

see video

https://youtu.be/Bvkz2fBQhaw

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #149492
    December 2, 2013
    919 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2014, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

I have had some success "safe-chasing". I find an out-of-the-way store, most likely a Mom & Pop but definitely someplace with not a high volume of customers. Next I look for a ticket that has been out for quite awhile yet still has some top prizes unclaimed. Typically stores will put these types of tickets lower or off to the edges of the displays cases. I will purchase however many of that one ticket that my daily gambling budget allows and take them home. If I get skunked, get a break-even or small profit winner, I go back the next day and repeat. More often than not the roll has not even been touched since my previous purchase. Since no one is really playing this older ticket, I increase my own odds of finding that significant winner, or at least the largest winner in that pack. This method/strategy can work in C-stores with high traffic too if they carry lots of games.

I used this strategy on a very old $2 ticket a few years ago and on the sixth day came away with this winner:

see video

Your video was pretty cool.  Thumbs Up

Olney, MD
      United States
      Member #121536
      January 11, 2012
      450 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2014, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

3 $5 Double Take- won $10 on 3rd ticket

1 $5 Orioles- lost

1 $5 Great Big Bingo- lost

PA
        United States
        Member #129849
        June 29, 2012
        308 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2014, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Very cool video indeed! Nice hit!

Problem is, I can almost never do this. There are SO many instant ticket "hawks" in my very small town

that it's almost impossible. The one game I was trying to hit on yesterday ($5 game that just came out)

sold about 15 tickets in the few hours after I played down there. They sold another 10 in between my

second trip and even a few more in between that and my last trip. I really feel I can't chase any decent

wins... I just have to grab a few and hope for the best.

Miami, Florida
          United States
          Member #111795
          June 2, 2011
          581 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2014, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Stopped and got a $25 game, broke even. Got the next one, broke even.  With only 2 more left on the roll, I got both. #38 had a 10X symbol for a $100 win. The last one, #39, had a 5X symbol for a $50 win! 4 winners in a row with a hundred dollar profit!

SARASOTA, FL
            United States
            Member #95778
            August 17, 2010
            1093 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2014, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

WAY TO GO OLDSCHOOL !! Congrats !!! Interesting thing I saw this morning at Publix. I was there to get get milk and eggs right after they opened at 7:00 am - went to the front check out counter and there was an old woman there ALREADY buying a scratch off ticket ! This is 5 minutes after the store just opened. I stood and watched . First was a $5 tick that won $10 - she then bought a $10 tick with the winnings that won $20 - she then went to the machine and bought one Gold Rush with the $20 winnings and won $500 ! She was totally expressionless and never said a word - the GRT ticket was 10 $50's ...... she collected her money and walked out. I asked the clerk if you ever saw her before and she said no .......

Miami, Florida
              United States
              Member #111795
              June 2, 2011
              581 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2014, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

WAY TO GO OLDSCHOOL !! Congrats !!! Interesting thing I saw this morning at Publix. I was there to get get milk and eggs right after they opened at 7:00 am - went to the front check out counter and there was an old woman there ALREADY buying a scratch off ticket ! This is 5 minutes after the store just opened. I stood and watched . First was a $5 tick that won $10 - she then bought a $10 tick with the winnings that won $20 - she then went to the machine and bought one Gold Rush with the $20 winnings and won $500 ! She was totally expressionless and never said a word - the GRT ticket was 10 $50's ...... she collected her money and walked out. I asked the clerk if you ever saw her before and she said no .......

Hahaha!!! Yeah! Sweeeet! Hey, I've had a few times where I've hit back to back $500's, so I know things like that happen! Good for her! Glad you're taking it easy, though, because those moments are few and far between and are only worth the memories once the money's gone! But you never know!

Texas
                United States
                Member #154148
                April 5, 2014
                91 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2014, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

see video

I play exactly how you play.  Unfortunately, in TX the older games do not sell in many stores and I have to drive all over town to find them!  After I clean them out, they don't restock them anymore.  So, then I am out of luck and I don't have time to go all over the place to find it.  Worst, the website said they carry them but when I got there, they don't have them!

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #109275
                  April 9, 2011
                  1495 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2014, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

tried PA again and thought I could have alittle Memorial Day weekend fun. Nope. Loser after Loser. Grabbed from a few locations. $30 ticket lost, the new $20 lost, 2- $20 Million Dollar Multiply lost, the last 9 $5 Frenzy won $10. Mix and match other 5's and 10's lost.. PA is BRUTAL. I don't even know why I thought it would change and try again, Gone are the days of getting a ticket with multiple matches(same #, so you know it could be good). Gone are the days of finding great symbols. Symbols suck when they are ticket value or "X" symbols are half ticket value.  Done Done Done for good this time.

philadelphia,pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #138700
                    February 3, 2013
                    374 Posts
                    Posted: May 25, 2014, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

on wednesday i caught a 1000 frenzy for a cool $1000 ticket number 18   since then i think ive spent 1200 chasing another 500 or 1000 hit ..... <snip> i hate scratch offs ..... nothing left to do but to try again ....lol

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: May 25, 2014, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Very cool video indeed! Nice hit!

Problem is, I can almost never do this. There are SO many instant ticket "hawks" in my very small town

that it's almost impossible. The one game I was trying to hit on yesterday ($5 game that just came out)

sold about 15 tickets in the few hours after I played down there. They sold another 10 in between my

second trip and even a few more in between that and my last trip. I really feel I can't chase any decent

wins... I just have to grab a few and hope for the best.

Yes hawks are a problem in my area too at the big stores I play at - the Giants, Wawas, Acmes, etc. Even the beer store seems to sell faster than I would like on opening day of new tickets. Combine that with bad tickets in my area and it's easy to have subpar results. Sorry to hear that omiller - I'm trying to take a break but I just get that itch to buy a few tickets every now and then. At least only bought 2 Fabulous Fortunes today and nothing yesterday - no winner on the Fab. Fortune tickets.

Pittsburgh
                        United States
                        Member #130933
                        July 28, 2012
                        249 Posts
                        Posted: May 25, 2014, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Same here too. Still yet to find any thing good.

Bought maybe 5 - $1000 Frenzy and 10 - $500 Frenzy. Only $5 on the 500 Frenzy,

And still loser after loser on 20x ticket.

Olney, MD
                          United States
                          Member #121536
                          January 11, 2012
                          450 Posts
                          Posted: May 25, 2014, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

$1 Cash King- lost

$5 Great Big Bingo- lost

$5 Deluxe Cash Crossword- won $5

Jacksonville
                            United States
                            Member #153806
                            March 26, 2014
                            345 Posts
                            Posted: May 26, 2014, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

$20 Florida $200,000 a Year for Life win.  Not life changing but I'll take it. 

$200 win

philadelphia,pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #138700
                              February 3, 2013
                              374 Posts
                              Posted: May 26, 2014, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

was just watching scratch off video's on youtube ..... one guy on there has 144 differnt video's , i have never seen so many winning tickets off 500 and 1000 and i believe a couple of 10000 and another of 20000       mike dee is his screen name and hes just over the bridge from me in new jersey

Page 701 of 907