Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post your scratch ticket results

13604 replies. Last post 3 days ago by Chris$.

Page 697 of 907
PrintE-mailLink
United States
Member #146055
August 23, 2013
32 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2014, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

out of curiosity, and tell the truth.

How many of you have cashed in a ticket only to find out it was more than you thought because you missed a number? This just happened to me at for the 2nd time. Thought I hit 4 $10 spots on a GR and the turned out to be 5 for $50.

Makes me want to go thru all my losing tickets in store-age.

Texas
    United States
    Member #154148
    April 5, 2014
    91 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2014, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Wife got this yesterday - $200

Fifty Dollar Ticket - $100

SE PA
      United States
      Member #93582
      July 3, 2010
      1866 Posts
      Posted: May 13, 2014, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Congrats!

Bought one of the new $20 out of my roll winnings to try to add more and won $30. So can add $10 more in.

Now I can quit for a while. I saw that as an extension of my birthday.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #149492
        December 2, 2013
        919 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2014, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

How many of you have cashed in a ticket only to find out it was more than you thought because you missed a number? This just happened to me at for the 2nd time. Thought I hit 4 $10 spots on a GR and the turned out to be 5 for $50.

So far, just once.  I had a symbol win and completely missed a number match until the clerk scanned it for payment.  Nice surprise, though. 

I thought I was a careful player, it kinda put doubt in my accuracy for awhile.

Miami, Florida
          United States
          Member #111795
          June 2, 2011
          581 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2014, 12:09 am - IP Logged

A couple times, honestly. Although I always check the three letter code as well. Interestingly enough, that makes me think of another example: let's say I see the code FTY (fifty) but I only SEE 4 matches at $10 each. I'm standing there looking at the ticket and just flat out can't find that fifth matching number!!!  Finally I see it, but it makes me question if I've ever had a thousand dollar (or more ) winner simply because I saw a losing code and overlooked a single match somewhere... Either scenario is a strong case for having every ticket scanned.

Douglasville, GA
            United States
            Member #126604
            April 12, 2012
            869 Posts
            Posted: May 14, 2014, 7:24 am - IP Logged

I have done that a few times. I have also found on at least 3 tickets I thought I lost on I won from entering then in second chance drawings online.  Funny thing is they are normally free tickests or $30.

2014 $500+ Wins: 2 - $500 Luck Loot, 2 - $500 Millionaire Jumbo Bucks, 2 - $500 50X the Money, 8 - $500 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $1,000 Monopoly Millionaire, 3 - $1,000 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $500 - $7500 a Week for Life, 1 - $500 100X the Money

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22944 Posts
              Posted: May 14, 2014, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

I miss numbers too...ESPECIALLY on the ones that have TWENTY numbers..and they play games with your eyes too.

They'll do a 1 and a 7 when you have 17 or a 23 and you need 32 or go 10 off on a few like, need 7? 17 is there...it's

all meant to CONFUSE.

So I always scan the ones that have tons of numbers to match, you just never know.

I haven't found a winner that I thought was a loser yet but have found that I won more than what I thought I did, like $40

when I thought it was $20 for example.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1866 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2014, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

I miss numbers too...ESPECIALLY on the ones that have TWENTY numbers..and they play games with your eyes too.

They'll do a 1 and a 7 when you have 17 or a 23 and you need 32 or go 10 off on a few like, need 7? 17 is there...it's

all meant to CONFUSE.

So I always scan the ones that have tons of numbers to match, you just never know.

I haven't found a winner that I thought was a loser yet but have found that I won more than what I thought I did, like $40

when I thought it was $20 for example.

Happened to me a few times. Biggest miss was a $100 match that I missed on one of those old $  tickets ( was a $5 ticket). Thought it was $150 instead of $250.

Miami, Florida
                  United States
                  Member #111795
                  June 2, 2011
                  581 Posts
                  Posted: May 14, 2014, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Hey Dr, you are right--- it is all meant to CONFUSE, but the lottery would say it is designed to EXCITE...what snakes they are!

Here's one I'm noticing lately: you have the row of winning numbers up top, and then "your numbers" in rows below that-- I'm noticing that if I have for example winning numbers of 3, 8, 20, 6, 4, 13... I can almost guarantee that the top row of Your Numbers right underneath those winning numbers will have a 5 or 11 right under the 3 and 8, or a 26 or 14 under the 20 and 6, etc... This is happening on losing tickets. The sum (either adding or subtracting) will be one of the Your Numbers. Hard td to explain, I may have to post a losing ticket as example.

But yes, the 1 and 7 next to each other when you need a 17 is a classic example, along with the mirror image (32 for 23) etc...

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                    Happyland
                    United States
                    Member #146344
                    September 1, 2013
                    1129 Posts
                    Posted: May 14, 2014, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Interesting....won 10x the cost on the $20 ticket but only 2x the cost on the $50 ticket.

What has been you and your wife's experience as far as returns overall? $20 vs $50

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
                    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Olney, MD
                      United States
                      Member #121536
                      January 11, 2012
                      450 Posts
                      Posted: May 14, 2014, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

Not often, but it happens once in a while.  There was this $10 scratch off which had like 6 winning numbers you had to match for a win which ranged from like #1-80.  I thought I had won $10 off of 1 match but when I went to redeem it it was for $50.  To be honest there should be no reason for the numbers to have to be 1-80 that is obviously a ploy to confuse the player.

Mamma28z's avatar - phone
                        Lower MI
                        United States
                        Member #94546
                        July 22, 2010
                        247 Posts
                        Posted: May 14, 2014, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Many times !  And other people have also - I have found so many winners in the garbage.

Alot of the clerks keep the losers for me to put in the 2nd chance drawing - I had a clerk hand me the stack of losers and right on top was a $15 winner..

It is so easy to do....

I scan or put in the 2nd chance drawing every ticket..  You never know for sure unless you do it that way.

Our state doesn't have codes- I do not miss em !

Douglasville, GA
                          United States
                          Member #126604
                          April 12, 2012
                          869 Posts
                          Posted: May 14, 2014, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Hey Dr, you are right--- it is all meant to CONFUSE, but the lottery would say it is designed to EXCITE...what snakes they are!

Here's one I'm noticing lately: you have the row of winning numbers up top, and then "your numbers" in rows below that-- I'm noticing that if I have for example winning numbers of 3, 8, 20, 6, 4, 13... I can almost guarantee that the top row of Your Numbers right underneath those winning numbers will have a 5 or 11 right under the 3 and 8, or a 26 or 14 under the 20 and 6, etc... This is happening on losing tickets. The sum (either adding or subtracting) will be one of the Your Numbers. Hard td to explain, I may have to post a losing ticket as example.

But yes, the 1 and 7 next to each other when you need a 17 is a classic example, along with the mirror image (32 for 23) etc...

I know exactly what you mean! I always have the some of my single digit numbers on my losers. Also if you get a 10 you will haveva 20 30 or 40, maybe all 3! I know 9 times out of 10 if my ticket is a loser based on the first row of numbers!

2014 $500+ Wins: 2 - $500 Luck Loot, 2 - $500 Millionaire Jumbo Bucks, 2 - $500 50X the Money, 8 - $500 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $1,000 Monopoly Millionaire, 3 - $1,000 Cash Spectacular, 1 - $500 - $7500 a Week for Life, 1 - $500 100X the Money

Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #109275
                            April 9, 2011
                            1495 Posts
                            Posted: May 14, 2014, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Well I am quitting. This is ridiculous. Got a roll of the X20 $5 game in KoP and got $155 with no winner over $25! This makes 4 rolls total with only the 1st getting anything decent over 50%, and that was just $205. I will feel better not dealing with these horrible odds. There was nothing from #001-008, 031-039, and 041-048. Rolls are obviously forced to be that uneven. Goodbye PA

Funny thing. I decided for one last shot and made it a roll. Store owner told me people have been winning decent on Aces and Eights. Alot of $250's, so I went with Lucky X20(against his judgment) I only played about 20 tickets so far. I got 3 luckys and a 5X symbol on the same ticket. Thought it might be big. Nope all for $5 for a $40 win.  I should know to keep playing the oldest tickets, since the newest ones suck

I have missed #'s all the time. I had a trash pile in my car to scan. Turned out one was a single match $100. Everytime I self scan and start laughing, the owner knows i missed something good.

Happy Birthday matt...

United States
                              Member #146055
                              August 23, 2013
                              32 Posts
                              Posted: May 14, 2014, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

glad im not the only one.

Page 697 of 907