Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 3:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mathematics and the Lottery

682 replies. Last post 20 days ago by Sunglasses.

Page 44 of 46
PrintE-mailLink

Can a winning lottery system be created with existing math formulas?

Yes-It's all in the math books. [ 233 ]  [43.39%]
No-Anew math for will have to be created. [ 78 ]  [14.53%]
Math won't beat the lottery regularly. [ 226 ]  [42.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 537 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 54 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
Zaperlopopotam
Belgium
Member #173932
March 26, 2016
1168 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2016, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Borland Delphi 7

Embarcadero RAD Studio Delphi XE2

Are you advertising for Delphi and for Embarcadero?

Aime les nifles!
    SEA-Pick3's avatar - eeb2feafcf44

United States
    Member #176653
    August 18, 2016
    59 Posts
    Posted: November 12, 2016, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Are you advertising for Delphi and for Embarcadero?

See Ya! by Ukrainian

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
      Member #5599
      July 13, 2004
      1192 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2016, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Fyi,

Math and roulette.

http://phys.org/news/2016-11-maths-roulette.html

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Zaperlopopotam
        Belgium
        Member #173932
        March 26, 2016
        1168 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2016, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Fyi,

Math and roulette.

http://phys.org/news/2016-11-maths-roulette.html

Poor articles.

Aime les nifles!
          wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
          Philadelphia, PA
          United States
          Member #153774
          March 24, 2014
          1196 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2016, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Here is what I found interesting about both big jackpots. Why are some buying software and different programs but yet I have yet to see if it proves to winning especially hitting 4 or 5 numbers.  In fact I have found since upgrading that this site is actually useful from different members.   Anyway.

Lets take the date current for example.

I did this the other day and wow should have played it.

What I do is I add and subtract any numbers that I think .  For ex take 12072016. 

I see 5.  I see 3.  Now of course 4 came out with the others for the powerball.   4 has been interesting number.  What everyone needs to do is look at the pyramid a little bit more and eventually it will work and will set in.

I also hope to have a decent bday next fri.   Prediction for my bday I see a 10 mega coming out.   Who knows.  Gl to everyone.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19904 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2016, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

"Why are some buying software and different programs but yet I have yet to see if it proves to winning especially hitting 4 or 5 numbers."

Some players use software to track their numbers and test their their strategies rather then to predict outcomes of future lotteries.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Zaperlopopotam
              Belgium
              Member #173932
              March 26, 2016
              1168 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2016, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Here is what I found interesting about both big jackpots. Why are some buying software and different programs but yet I have yet to see if it proves to winning especially hitting 4 or 5 numbers.  In fact I have found since upgrading that this site is actually useful from different members.   Anyway.

Lets take the date current for example.

I did this the other day and wow should have played it.

What I do is I add and subtract any numbers that I think .  For ex take 12072016. 

I see 5.  I see 3.  Now of course 4 came out with the others for the powerball.   4 has been interesting number.  What everyone needs to do is look at the pyramid a little bit more and eventually it will work and will set in.

I also hope to have a decent bday next fri.   Prediction for my bday I see a 10 mega coming out.   Who knows.  Gl to everyone.

The usefulness for Americans are the drawings that are mostly correctly and immediately displayed. For the systems and tools it isn't much. The datasource is good and probably complete. Pyramids built just randomly are just good for trying your luck or like picking some of many quickpicks in front of you. If you consult some, you will find the best way to loose money if you are not just lucky by nature. Eventually there is one human being running naked in the bushes of Africa that never played the lottery and would win each jackpot just by picking the right numbers every time. Maybe that one just was killed by some bomb. We will not know. Eventually people in the future might all die of artificial cancer on their 50's birthday. ... Oh, I think that an Afghan raping killer just won the MegZillions jackpot using Lotter or some illegal South American website? Maybe that was an error in the Internet press news from days ago, I don't know. Maybe I just invented a story. That guy from Irak won too. Maybe you want to know his system? What is name of that site again, six minus one dimes dot com? ...

Aime les nifles!
                Catpickednumber's avatar - cat anm.gif
                Santa Cruz, California
                United States
                Member #175784
                July 5, 2016
                122 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2016, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

The usefulness for Americans are the drawings that are mostly correctly and immediately displayed. For the systems and tools it isn't much. The datasource is good and probably complete. Pyramids built just randomly are just good for trying your luck or like picking some of many quickpicks in front of you. If you consult some, you will find the best way to loose money if you are not just lucky by nature. Eventually there is one human being running naked in the bushes of Africa that never played the lottery and would win each jackpot just by picking the right numbers every time. Maybe that one just was killed by some bomb. We will not know. Eventually people in the future might all die of artificial cancer on their 50's birthday. ... Oh, I think that an Afghan raping killer just won the MegZillions jackpot using Lotter or some illegal South American website? Maybe that was an error in the Internet press news from days ago, I don't know. Maybe I just invented a story. That guy from Irak won too. Maybe you want to know his system? What is name of that site again, six minus one dimes dot com? ...

I bet you do not sleep at night. You brain does not shut off.

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #162631
                  January 7, 2015
                  542 Posts
                  Posted: December 23, 2016, 1:23 am - IP Logged

You know, I'm going to put this out there, for everyone to see.  And that is that I'm not and have never been convinced of a system, or that even Mathematics has any role whatsoever in the random set of games known as the lottery.

Some of you are likely Math experts, Phds, whatever (All of whom I have a lot of respect for).

But, the existence of this Math forum does not convince me one bit. I know that a random game is random. It's as simple as that. I'm not going to be sucked into the pool where there are a lot of people wondering if this or that Math expert has some key knowledge or trick to winning the lotto.  And, if a winner of the lotto later claims they had some Math knowledge which helped them win, then it's simply a bad joke.

I know that when birthdays and other dates hit on the lotto, it's just coincidence.

So, as for me, save your sophisticated formulas, and the effort put in them, for the important things in this world, and let us lotto players play.

• Don't chase the numbers you play.
                  • Play only numbers you've already played, plus however many random picks.
                  • But, ALWAYS the regular numbers you play.  This will make you a winner, not a chaser.
                            (so far, though, I've yet to win any significant lotto prize)
                    JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                    Member #5599
                    July 13, 2004
                    1192 Posts
                    Posted: December 30, 2016, 12:18 am - IP Logged

You know, I'm going to put this out there, for everyone to see.  And that is that I'm not and have never been convinced of a system, or that even Mathematics has any role whatsoever in the random set of games known as the lottery.

Some of you are likely Math experts, Phds, whatever (All of whom I have a lot of respect for).

But, the existence of this Math forum does not convince me one bit. I know that a random game is random. It's as simple as that. I'm not going to be sucked into the pool where there are a lot of people wondering if this or that Math expert has some key knowledge or trick to winning the lotto.  And, if a winner of the lotto later claims they had some Math knowledge which helped them win, then it's simply a bad joke.

I know that when birthdays and other dates hit on the lotto, it's just coincidence.

So, as for me, save your sophisticated formulas, and the effort put in them, for the important things in this world, and let us lotto players play.

Hi,

There are a lot of things in this world that once were considered impossible. Beating the lottery with a system may or may not be one of them. If one thing is for sure, if nobody tries, a system solution to beating the lottery can never occur, if there is one. You are wise to look at all systems at the LP with a very critical eye.

On a side note:

Isn't it amazing, with all the analysis tools (hot/cold, skip....etc.) that nobody can triangulate wins in a somewhat consistent manner. That leads me to believe that there are plenty of elements out there (probably twenty or thirty of them) to develop a winning system. The problem everyone is having is one of data handling and analysis of the info they have tracked. Just one persons opinion. *S*

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      Bronx, NY
                      United States
                      Member #164554
                      March 6, 2015
                      1225 Posts
                      Posted: December 30, 2016, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Hi,

There are a lot of things in this world that once were considered impossible. Beating the lottery with a system may or may not be one of them. If one thing is for sure, if nobody tries, a system solution to beating the lottery can never occur, if there is one. You are wise to look at all systems at the LP with a very critical eye.

On a side note:

Isn't it amazing, with all the analysis tools (hot/cold, skip....etc.) that nobody can triangulate wins in a somewhat consistent manner. That leads me to believe that there are plenty of elements out there (probably twenty or thirty of them) to develop a winning system. The problem everyone is having is one of data handling and analysis of the info they have tracked. Just one persons opinion. *S*

I Agree!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19904 Posts
                        Posted: December 30, 2016, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

"So, as for me, save your sophisticated formulas, and the effort put in them, for the important things in this world, and let us lotto players play."

How do some LP members discussions of lottery systems effect how you or anyone else play lotteries?   There are members who think there has to be a better way of picking combinations to play than a random quick pick.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Zaperlopopotam
                          Belgium
                          Member #173932
                          March 26, 2016
                          1168 Posts
                          Posted: December 30, 2016, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I bet you do not sleep at night. You brain does not shut off.

Sleep! :)

Aime les nifles!
                            New York, NY
                            United States
                            Member #140634
                            March 23, 2013
                            3232 Posts
                            Posted: December 31, 2016, 1:20 am - IP Logged

What most people don't undertsand is that even if you find some way to calculate the next number, the intermix of all the numbers past and present make any specific formula not specific because it has to now intermix with the possibility of future numbers, which is not entirely possible because they haven't been drawn yet. So what I'm trying to say is there is no simple 'set in stone' formula that can guess right every single time, because the balls coming up are technically random. The formulas you use must change at given and specific times. However, it is more than possible to use math to get winning numbers. The problem is no formula is set in stone. There are multiple ways to connect numbers. The next winning number depends basically on whether or not you use the right connection at the right time. I have seen a couple of posters here on LP that are more than capable of doing that, to say the least. A step forward first is easier than taking a step back in order to stand right in the middle.

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
                              Vancouver BC
                              Canada
                              Member #96078
                              August 22, 2010
                              115 Posts
                              Posted: December 31, 2016, 3:41 am - IP Logged

Hi,

On a side note:

There are a lot of things in this world that once were considered impossible. Beating the lottery with a system may or may not be one of them.

This may largely depend on the definition of "beating" the lottery. For some it will be jackpot only, for others occasional lesser prizes will do; for me breaking even or above would be a good reason for satisfaction.

Isn't it amazing, with all the analysis tools (hot/cold, skip....etc.) that nobody can triangulate wins in a somewhat consistent manner.

The problem with all numeric random lotteries is that nothing in them is consistent - they fluctuate constantly. Identifying patterns (I call them short term trends) in these fluctuations is, I believe, the only realistic way to win. These patterns will not last for very long. For that very reason you cannot use only one prediction method for picking winners. Apart from your favorite Method A you HAVE to have Methods B, C, and probably several others.

That leads me to believe that there are plenty of elements out there (probably twenty or thirty of them) to develop a winning system.

Actually, I believe, there are only 4 such elements (and they were tested in real play):

1. Statistics based on the past draws, particularly the most recent ones.
                              2. Predictions based on statistics.
                              3. Wheels.
                              4. Backtracks.

All this stuff has to be computerized, there is no room for manual computations for 2 reasons: they are slow and easily subjected to undetected errors which may screw up results for weeks or even months and this cannot be allowed because it may also cost big money. For the same reason spreadsheet workouts must also be excluded.

While most people in LP appreciate the value of backtracks, what amazes me is how little attention is given to wheeling. Wheeling is necessary for all random numeric lotteries and absolutely ESSENTIAL for jackpot lotteries. I won't bother with any lottery if I don't have wheels for it. Either I will get them or develop my own (the latter being my preferred choice). LP has wheels and I wonder how many people use them. Probably not  many.

You are wise to look at all systems at the LP with a very critical eye.

And not only these. If you want to use a commercial package apply the same principle. Particularly to their prediction methods. If the software does nor explain HOW it makes predictions (so you can verify them manually) it's SFFS (Secret Formula For Suckers).

Just one persons opinion. *S*

Just another persons opinion. No *BS*

Page 44 of 46