Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mathematics and the Lottery

649 replies. Last post 7 hours ago by wander73.

Page 40 of 44
PrintE-mailLink

Can a winning lottery system be created with existing math formulas?

Yes-It's all in the math books. [ 228 ]  [43.02%]
No-Anew math for will have to be created. [ 78 ]  [14.72%]
Math won't beat the lottery regularly. [ 224 ]  [42.26%]
Total Valid Votes [ 530 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 54 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
LAS VEGAS
United States
Member #47729
November 22, 2006
4501 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2015, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi

I use a math system based on the fact you can win any bet providing all the odds are covered; example in a 10 horse race bet on all 10 the profit however depends on the odds of the winning horse but the bet is won without being lucky!

In a 6 to 49 lottery [U.K] the odds are 14m/1 so the formula would be 14m planned entries x 1 game/14m = 1 win or the odds of a bet x games/odds = wins made without being lucky. However the odds for winning with 3-numbers is 57/1 so 57 planned entries x 1 games/57 = 1 win but not guaranteed only on average and providing certain rules are observed, [1] planned entries; [2] The sum total of each entries Venn diagram; [3] ??????? my copy write;

Even if only part of the odds are covered the system still works but the win is only on average and relative to the gamble, for example;

19 planned entries is a third of  the odds 57/1 so a win on average every third game; 19 x 33 games/57 = 11 wins of £25 [£25 x 1.4 = $35 x 11]

Games played like in every type of bet is important because in a lottery it's multiplied by the amount of entries which assumes the same 6 winning numbers are seldom called twice in one's lifetime therefore it lowers the odds as each game is played but with a win only in proportion to the gamble unless meanwhile you get lucky!

Hi digger, el al-

Thanks for your sharing your well calculated bet coverage plan - well done!

Real Time wagering expectation (here @ ground zero gaming in Las Vegas) is to achieve an average positive R.O.I. long term.

It is possible to predict winning selections without handicapping, however profitability is most important

As a humble example I will provide a pre-race best pic for Santa Anita Park today without any conventional tout cards, Racing forms, computer software, etc (not each & every time, mind you but in the money and often better then odds)

Beyond theory have you actualized your plan by putting bets down on your favorites or have results from back testing>

How was Ascot this year?

Appreciate your earnest interest & participation - do stay in touch, see you Emoji  in the winner's circle!

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Eddessa-Knight  Sun Smiley

cover image of The Knights of the Holy Grail

LAS VEGAS
    United States
    Member #47729
    November 22, 2006
    4501 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2015, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Hi digger, el al-

Thanks for your sharing your well calculated bet coverage plan - well done!

Real Time wagering expectation (here @ ground zero gaming in Las Vegas) is to achieve an average positive R.O.I. long term.

It is possible to predict winning selections without handicapping, however profitability is most important

As a humble example I will provide a pre-race best pic for Santa Anita Park today without any conventional tout cards, Racing forms, computer software, etc (not each & every time, mind you but in the money and often better then odds)

Beyond theory have you actualized your plan by putting bets down on your favorites or have results from back testing>

How was Ascot this year?

Appreciate your earnest interest & participation - do stay in touch, see you Emoji  in the winner's circle!

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Eddessa-Knight  Sun Smiley

cover image of The Knights of the Holy Grail

Mia Cupa Angry

The above fore mentioned track selection (Santa Anita) typo should read DEL MAR

Eddessa_Knight Sun Smiley

LAS VEGAS
      United States
      Member #47729
      November 22, 2006
      4501 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2015, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Hello digger, et al interested in out of the box number prediction concepts that are profitable & not only theoretical, here are the track posted results for the above advance projections of yesterday's postings:

WINNING R.O.I. #3-#5 Exacta

PgmHorseJockeyWinPlaceShow
      Jens de VilleMartin Garcia10.804.202.80
      MilteeRafael Bejarano  2.602.20

I have also posted advance projections again on the gaming forum for today @ Del Mar; it's all in the numeric vibes Emoji

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Eddessa_KnightSun Smiley

bgonçalves
        Brasil
        Member #92564
        June 9, 2010
        2123 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2015, 9:02 am - IP Logged

hello=Perhaps the best idea is like that of Henryk Zygalski, ie there is a better and different algorithm of pronounced in terms of probability. Perhaps the forecasts for the lottery ought not be based on probability and statistics, but in terms of good and predictable deterministic algorithms. It may be that something is still hidden in the binary universe of these numbers, but determining this algorithm is as cruel as the battle

bgonçalves
          Brasil
          Member #92564
          June 9, 2010
          2123 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2015, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

(Decission Tree [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decision_tree);[/url]

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
            Nova Scotia
            Canada
            Member #9934
            December 27, 2004
            884 Posts
            Posted: October 5, 2015, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Deciding on number's to choose to play, is either fun or frustrating.

I would love to be better at math, to solve the lottery!Wink

LAS VEGAS
              United States
              Member #47729
              November 22, 2006
              4501 Posts
              Posted: October 21, 2015, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Eliz,

Very reasonable goal, Elizabeth,  but the game is designed so as to defeat that any conventional linear math ot as CT says "You are suppose to lose" 

Visualize what would happen to the lotteries if some math wiz kids w/math methodology or software computation program. anywhere in the world, could overcome what Einstein could not...... solve (roulette)

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." ~ Albert Einstein

Not saying it's impossible, mind you it's that not you don't have the mind; what is lacking is in the inherent lack of power of orthodox mathematics , no matter how advanced it seems.

Fortes Fortuna Juvat  Sun Smiley

Eddessa_Knight

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19829 Posts
                Posted: October 21, 2015, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Deciding on number's to choose to play, is either fun or frustrating.

I would love to be better at math, to solve the lottery!Wink

"I would love to be better at math, to solve the lottery!Wink"

I don't think such a thing is possible but even if you could figure a way to always stay ahead of the game it would be changed or eliminated.  Look what happened to Massachusetts' Win Fall game once the general public became aware that someone was doing that by simply buying a lot of tickets during its roll down.

Most people play lotteries because they feel they can be as lucky as the next player and possible win.  If they thought knowledge or lots of money could effect who won then they probablely wouldn't play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                  Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123700
                  February 27, 2012
                  4035 Posts
                  Posted: October 21, 2015, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

You can always get insights with mathematics, even if you don't win. There is a zero in roulette, there are two zeros in the American roulette, and I think that there are millions of zeros in American jackpot games like PB and MM.

bgonçalves
                    Brasil
                    Member #92564
                    June 9, 2010
                    2123 Posts
                    Posted: October 27, 2015, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

"If something happens perhaps once ... this can be considered a fluke. But if something happens TWICE you can prepare because the third is on the way." ie the repetition of an event is secret of probability

ekem6078's avatar - winter
                      TN
                      United States
                      Member #88776
                      March 23, 2010
                      2204 Posts
                      Posted: November 14, 2015, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I'm not too proficient at math so I try to use geography instead.

(To the tune of "I Was In The Right Place But It Musta Been The Wrong Time" by Dr Hook and the Medicine Show)

By being in the right place

And hoping it's the right time.

Buyin' me some Quick Picks

And standin in the right line

Smilin' at the cashier

Tellin' her she looks fine

Gettin' me some cold beer

Over by the beer sign

Askin' if she'd like one

Let 'er know that I'm buyin'

Meet 'er later out back

Let 'er know she's my kind

Get 'er in the pickup

Let 'er know that I'm tryin'

To win a big ol' jackpot

Bigger than a gold mine

Sittin' in the backwoods

Sippin' on some moonshine

Thinkin bout the powerball

Thinkin' that we'll do fine

She pulls out some Midol...

The End

I love it. I love it. No Pity! You need to finish it thou.  Put some music to it, and you might not have to play the lottery again.  Good Job.

ekem6078's avatar - winter
                        TN
                        United States
                        Member #88776
                        March 23, 2010
                        2204 Posts
                        Posted: November 14, 2015, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Uncertainty principle of game theory

The uncertainty principle of game theory was formulated by Szekely and Rizzo in 2007.[28] This principle is a lower bound for the entropy of optimal strategies of players in terms of the commutator of two nonlinear operators: minimum and maximum. If the payoff matrix (aij) of an arbitrary zero-sum game is normalized (i.e. the smallest number in this matrix is 0, the biggest number is 1) and the commutator

minj maxi (aij) − maxi minj (aij) = h

then the entropy of the optimal strategy of any of the players cannot be smaller than the entropy of the two-point distribution [1/(1+h), h/(1+h)] and this is the best lower bound. (This is zero if and only if h = 0 i.e. if min and max are commutable in which case the game has pure nonrandom optimal strategies). As an application, one could optimize between these two-point strategies via considering the distribution [1/(1+h), h/(1+h)] on all pairs of pure strategies. In many practical cases we do not lose much by neglecting more complex strategies.

What?CrazyWhat you smoking dude, it must be some killerHit With StickLOL

TheseStars's avatar - 1729376 png?99
                          Austintown, Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #125139
                          March 25, 2012
                          5 Posts
                          Posted: November 28, 2015, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

... singing along to that read was just way too much fun ....

great Dr. Hook tune

It's in the Stars!

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                            The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                            Elgin, IL
                            United States
                            Member #68867
                            January 1, 2009
                            1221 Posts
                            Posted: December 1, 2015, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I say yes...............  Let's look at the ILLINOIS LOTTO 6-52 game.

Odds of winning 6 out of 52 (without the Extra Ball) 1 in 20,358,520

Odds of winning 5 out of 52 (without the Extra Ball) 1 in 2,598,960

Odds of winning 4 out of 52 (without the Extra Ball) 1 in 270,725

These odds are based on everything being truly Random.  (Odds of Winning are the same as Chances of Winning in Quick Picks only - you cannot change the odds of a game, but you sure in hell can change & improve your Chances of Winning in a GAME).

Here are some facts: From 01/17/1998 thru 11/30/2015 - there have been a total of 2,422 drawings.  Of these 2,422 drawings, 2,049 have matched 4 out of 52 more than once, or simply put 84.60% of the total drawings. Also, within these 2,049 drawings 68 of them have matched 5 out of 52 more than once (or a total of 34 sets of drawings). How did I come up with these figures, using good old basic math, excel, & formulas.  I compare each drawing against all the other previous drawings looking for matches of (4 or more) of 6 numbers........  Simple math..........  I came up with 518 Groups which are made up of the 2,049 drawings.  To view my results go to -  https://app.box.com/s/wvt9v2mgdgzh7s4kyg4b3fkya19hg931

Good Luck & Best Wishes...........................................

P.S. With only 2,422 drawings, compare my chances of winning within the 518 Groups compared to the posted Odds shown above.

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                              The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                              Elgin, IL
                              United States
                              Member #68867
                              January 1, 2009
                              1221 Posts
                              Posted: December 4, 2015, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Last night drawing for the IL Lotto 12/03/15 was 18 29 32 37 39 41.  I had two options here - I could either placed this drawing in one of 2 Groups (GRP) 399 or 450.  I chose to put in GRP 450; this was my personal preference.  Here are the 2 GRoups listed below:    I highlighted the cells in purple so you can see where I am coming from.  You will also note I cross reference the two Groups (GRP) 450 with a related Group of 399.  And Group 399 with a related Group of 450.

Date#1#2#3#4#5#6GRPRelated Grps
                              2008-03-109 32 34 40 41 47 450 61 284 423
                              2013-09-0518 32 34 37 40 41 450      
                              2015-12-0318 29 32 37 39 41 450 399    

2000-07-1919 32 35 37 39 48 399      
                              2003-05-1013 18 32 35 37 39 399 151 450  
                              2007-10-2413 18 28 30 35 40 399      
                              2008-10-0419 30 35 37 39 47 399      
                              2012-04-0213 18 35 37 40 45 399 307    

Good Luck & Best Wishes To ALL..................................................

Page 40 of 44