Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mathematics and the Lottery

652 replies. Last post 18 hours ago by Catpickednumber.

Page 8 of 44
PrintE-mailLink

Can a winning lottery system be created with existing math formulas?

Yes-It's all in the math books. [ 228 ]  [43.02%]
No-Anew math for will have to be created. [ 78 ]  [14.72%]
Math won't beat the lottery regularly. [ 224 ]  [42.26%]
Total Valid Votes [ 530 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 54 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
usa
United States
Member #89197
April 2, 2010
2817 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2011, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

He is in California now...  WHERE HE BELONGS.. Party

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2011, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Now finally, I understand where your agnosticism and spacemonkey nonsense stems from.

"...I religiously watched "Heavy Metal" at the theaters on the weekends with my friends tripping on acid."

Do you realize how much time we could have saved had you divulged this previously?

Your brain is fried.

Art Linkletter's son did acid and jumped off a highrise convinced he could fly (tragically, he couldn't).

You did acid religiously and are convinced Martians came here and made sweet love to some monkeys and created modern man (didn't happen - trust me).

It's all clear now, thank you.

No response necessary, I won't be posting again in this thread.

My brain is less fried than a person who believes in Fairytales written in an old relic as truth...Crazy

One of the definitions, on top of the list...... of being an ignorant fool is someone who thinks that out of 400 billion galaxies, with each galaxy having over 100 billion stars, and trillions of planets, that we are the only ones in the universe. That kind of thinking is solely based on a person who's world would be shattered because then, what was written in Genesis would be null and void. I would hope common sense would tell a person old relics are full of it, but it's even scarier when a person who is shown the vastness of the universe and the multitudes of galaxies, still refutes other life forms other than us. That's a double lack of common sense. 

If anything Ridge, not that you'd ever know, Acid enlightened me more than anything else. It opened doors within my mind that were once closed shut. I saw life through a whole new way.

So go back to your Jack Daniels, because we know how that poison improves your braincells with every drink....Crazy

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2011, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Wow, your wit is so ingenious, I don't know how to respond. You are nothing but a loser who's never contributed anything to this site except letting everyone know what an idiot you are.

Maybe you should go back to where you belong. You know, Las Vegas needs more transvestites.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Chicago
        United States
        Member #70678
        February 8, 2009
        889 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2011, 12:30 am - IP Logged

And he forgot to pick me up along the way : (   Ca is the Golden State! Don't knock it if you've never lived there.

I need to read through this thread but alot of bashing I see.

Just get me thru this so called life......

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7322 Posts
          Posted: August 14, 2011, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Obviously you don't remember the previous page when Stack47 showed Hanover Fiste in a picture.  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/234355/2164502

Maybe YOU should do your homework before you write things that make you look like an idiot. Just saying...Crazy

Maybe it's a sign of the times but lately even the most light hearted remarks are becoming very heated debates. For the record I did post an off topic picture of one of the big eared twins with Hanover Fiste because Jimmy said "I'm all ears" and I thought it would make a nice avatar for him. Had I found a picture of just the big eared twins, this heated debate would not have started.

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5345 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2011, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it's a sign of the times but lately even the most light hearted remarks are becoming very heated debates. For the record I did post an off topic picture of one of the big eared twins with Hanover Fiste because Jimmy said "I'm all ears" and I thought it would make a nice avatar for him. Had I found a picture of just the big eared twins, this heated debate would not have started.

I didn't find RL's remark to me light hearted. Some people think they're the LP police, and can't help themselves.

You'd think this was the first time EVER, that someone wrote something off topic on LP. Looney Tunes.....Crazy

Then of course, Ridge had to put his two cents in, but it's so funny how RL never has a problem with his remarks. I guess you have to be a Christian, then you can write whatever you want without scrutiny from the rigtheous patrol....Puke

martingorgeous's avatar - azural
              Johannesburg
              South Africa
              Member #113589
              July 12, 2011
              48 Posts
              Posted: August 14, 2011, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Hi Joker17. You convey hope and inspiration to others through your work on this site. You have an open mind and are able to receive new ideas and new concepts as well as bring inspiration and encouragement to others at Lottery Post. To reach this level of understanding is to be like a star shining down, radiating light and wisdom to others. Keep up the good work!Wink

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: August 14, 2011, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Hi Joker17. You convey hope and inspiration to others through your work on this site. You have an open mind and are able to receive new ideas and new concepts as well as bring inspiration and encouragement to others at Lottery Post. To reach this level of understanding is to be like a star shining down, radiating light and wisdom to others. Keep up the good work!Wink

You're too kind.

I'm not all that. I'm no shining star either...lol

But thanx for the nice words.

I also want to appoligize to JKING. I didn't mean to interrupt your thread with this bickering. But I will not stand idly by and take crap from people.

I won't be posting in this thread anymore.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                  Member #59354
                  March 13, 2008
                  3985 Posts
                  Posted: August 14, 2011, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

I didn't find RL's remark to me light hearted. Some people think they're the LP police, and can't help themselves.

You'd think this was the first time EVER, that someone wrote something off topic on LP. Looney Tunes.....Crazy

Then of course, Ridge had to put his two cents in, but it's so funny how RL never has a problem with his remarks. I guess you have to be a Christian, then you can write whatever you want without scrutiny from the rigtheous patrol....Puke

JOKER

I am amazed with you.  First you put down anyone who belives in a God and then you admit taking

drugs to open the doors of enlightenment.  Most of the old religious groups started the same way.  I

don't need drugs to open my mind and people here who look up to you as some sort of guru need

to take a second look at you and themselves.   Bible Code for lottery numbers, come on now this is

moving into the twilight zone.  I will try and take a shot at understanding this,  First some misguided

person who belives in a non-existent god comes up with a way to pick numbers that work for any

lottery which you seem to endorse.  But you think that anyone who belives in a higher power is a 

dumbass, "your words not mine" but somehow a writting from one of these dumbasses is note worthy

enough to post as a possible way to win the lotterey.   So if I get this straight, you are taking advice from

a  person whom you label a dumbass to help you win the lottery.   This goes in the same basket with 

someone who loves this country but is unwilling to help fund it, who also has no concerns about taking

illegal drugs while calling eveyone who believes in some sort of god a dumbass because you have evolved

into some sort of advanced human being and to top it all off you think I look stupid.  Somehow I am not

the least bit surprised and even less affected.   God's is letting 20,000 kids die everyday but took the time

to encode lottery numbers into his word.   I think that most people of at least average intellegence would

believe in life on other planets if it was not for people like you.   Your education comes from prople who think

Atlantis never sunk but lifted off,  and that the wheel within a wheel was a spaceship based on expanding

gas technology.   With each telling of these wild unfounded hairbrained explanation the real story becomes

less and less attractive to anyone with a brain that still works.   Let me ask you this,  if as Eric von-wrong again

says that the wheel within a wheel was really a spaceship and the bright light and noise was the exaust from

a rocket then how advanced where these people.  Expanding gas technology could  not be used to traverse the

universe in any time frame that would make it feasible.   Maybe it was just a landing craft but ask yourself why

would a race of beings who could travel at light speed need a rocket powered craft to land.  All your education 

seems to have come from cartoon's and shows like ancient aliens.  There are many unexplained mysteries that

need to be explained but I don't think your acid trip revelations add anything to the answers.  I would think that

any person with a brain would avoid the subject all togeather just so they would not be associated with people

like you.   There are lots of things that Ridge says that I don't agree with and maybe some day we will butt heads.

You should stick to your p-3 methods and stop telling everyone how stupid they are because it makes you look bad.

I would dare to guess that at least 99% of your coments would not hold up to scrutiny any better than someone

who tries to prove a God exist.  The probability of a unknown event regardless of the outcome can be made to fit

nicely no matter the value.  When a series of events ceases to fit then it is no longer probable but certain.   This is

the method the bafflers and bull sh**ers use to try and look smart.  Sorry, I am just not falling for it.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                    Member #5599
                    July 13, 2004
                    1185 Posts
                    Posted: August 14, 2011, 5:58 pm - IP Logged
                    Hello.
                    Randonic, ok, elaborate
                    each statistic has a central stripe of greater probability
                    And exiting in the sweepstakes in 80%
                    of cases, then prepare various statistics, after seeing your larger intervals
                    and use and elaborate filter in this central limit of each statistic
                    Having a use around 80% then 100
                    sweepstakes will hit 80 times
                    Inclível also in Lotus, pareto's law goes in which everything
                    is 80/20, lottery game is not like calculator that has close 100% a system that
                    has a 70% utilization of 80% this very good!!!, we focus on the rule, not the
                    exception (20%) to focus on rule in 80% of cases. because the exception prevents
                    us from close 100%
                    these
                    20% that are random tends to come for the bettor not against!!!
                    Alias haven't seen wheels using
                    statistical criteria of statistical limit games, to mount.

Hi,

Just a follow up to Pareto's law.

Think of the standard model of flipping a coin. I think it is generally accepted that at some point there will be equilibrium. An equal amount of heads occuring as tails.

So, if a lottery is truely random with no sort of bias, shouldn't it reach or tend/trend to reach equilibrium also??? If so, this would be contrary to Pareto's Law for having a preference of using the top 20% of occurring numbers. I would suggest that the 80/20 law be used on some other properties of the lottery numbers.

One last note, if there is 20% error everytime you use Pareto's law, How many times can you use it before you have 100% error and have no chance of picking the winning combination? *S*

Well dr san, as you see I am still in the debate of Pareto's law. I'm not done yet. I'm sure it has value if used with the appropriate filtering element.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

bgonçalves
                      Brasil
                      Member #92564
                      June 9, 2010
                      2125 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2011, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Just a follow up to Pareto's law.

Think of the standard model of flipping a coin. I think it is generally accepted that at some point there will be equilibrium. An equal amount of heads occuring as tails.

So, if a lottery is truely random with no sort of bias, shouldn't it reach or tend/trend to reach equilibrium also??? If so, this would be contrary to Pareto's Law for having a preference of using the top 20% of occurring numbers. I would suggest that the 80/20 law be used on some other properties of the lottery numbers.

One last note, if there is 20% error everytime you use Pareto's law, How many times can you use it before you have 100% error and have no chance of picking the winning combination? *S*

Well dr san, as you see I am still in the debate of Pareto's law. I'm not done yet. I'm sure it has value if used with the appropriate filtering element.

With pareto's law, then we could see patterns, don't try to predict numbers, but yes defaults, the numbers are there or not, understands!!!, perhaps sera must construct a calculator for the 80/20. We will be the first to see this system
                      But will be a day of hard work, analysis, because we have the fact of repetition of numbers as the size of the lottery, jking what intrigues me is the following, example, you make some 200 games in 49/6 will hit 4 numbers (80%) with very often, and also play in 15 to 20 consecutive sweepstakes, has more hits than playing in a single event (single draw)
                      Big Lottery has to play in bolões, look at the example of the formula of teachers from England who won the jacpot
                      Had 17 participants, in all types of draws the largest always repeats more times than the smallest example
                      A lottery 6/49 = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 has the same chances, but when will the draw, has over the other 43 to a row between
                      Si, the size of the lottery shows the frequency of repetitions, because the repetition of an event is the secret of probabidades,
                      If you could see event delays of a lottery. jking open his mao left and you will see two piramedes greater and another smaller
                      If Kingdom, ok! leading to the probabidades games, will have to unite these two piramedes of probabilities, but how? Other members can opine on the significance of these two piramedes!! Don't talk to say that was the inspiration of the King of Egypt
                      I'm talking about the bell curve, greater and lesser odds of each condition of a game
                        Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7322 Posts
                        Posted: August 14, 2011, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

"I didn't find RL's remark to me light hearted. Some people think they're the LP police, and can't help themselves."

The light hearted remark I was referring to was yours after I posted the picture of Hanover Fiste. It was me that went sort of off topic when I posted the picture and you commented. From there I have no idea of how my avatar suggestion evolved into a cultural debate.

"You'd think this was the first time EVER, that someone wrote something off topic on LP."

I Agree!

Considering some people have to go off even farther off topic when they comment, I suppose it's inevitable.

bgonçalves
                          Brasil
                          Member #92564
                          June 9, 2010
                          2125 Posts
                          Posted: August 15, 2011, 9:32 am - IP Logged

hello kjing=

Euler constant
                          Euler's constant is named for and translates the value of the limit, as n tends to infinity, the following expression:
                          = lim (1 + œ + 1/3 + ... + 1/n ln n)
                          n
                          includes all 6 numbers drawn (49/6). the theorist of 6 to 1 paragraph, let's. sequentially each time 27 draws and looking for how many numbers do not remain attracted if I do this kind of analyses, and put it in a graphical way, a curve as the form emerges in relation to how many numbers are not used for the 27últimos draws-going 7-8 numbers, and then decreasing to just a number, and then increase again. When only the number 1 remains unused, i play this number for the next 2 draws

Constante de Euler 

A constante de Euler é denominada por g e traduz o valor do limite, quando n tende para infinito, da seguinte expressão:

g =       lim        (1 + œ + 1/3 + ... + 1/n ? ln n)

n®¥

bgonçalves
                            Brasil
                            Member #92564
                            June 9, 2010
                            2125 Posts
                            Posted: August 15, 2011, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

hello kjing=

Euler constant
                            Euler's constant is named for and translates the value of the limit, as n tends to infinity, the following expression:
                            = lim (1 + œ + 1/3 + ... + 1/n ln n)
                            n
                            includes all 6 numbers drawn (49/6). the theorist of 6 to 1 paragraph, let's. sequentially each time 27 draws and looking for how many numbers do not remain attracted if I do this kind of analyses, and put it in a graphical way, a curve as the form emerges in relation to how many numbers are not used for the 27últimos draws-going 7-8 numbers, and then decreasing to just a number, and then increase again. When only the number 1 remains unused, i play this number for the next 2 draws

Constante de Euler 

A constante de Euler é denominada por g e traduz o valor do limite, quando n tende para infinito, da seguinte expressão:

g =       lim        (1 + œ + 1/3 + ... + 1/n ? ln n)

n®¥

The continued fraction of the Euler-Mascheroni constant is [0, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 4, 3, 13, 5, 1, 1, 8, 1, 2, 4, 1, 1, 40 , ...] (Sloane A002852). The first is a convergent, 1 / 2, 05/03, 07/04, 11/19, 15/26, 71/123, 228/395, 3035/5258, 15403/26685, ... (Sloane A046114 and A046115), which are good for 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 9, 10, ... (Sloane A114541) decimal digits, respectively. The positions in which the digits 1, 2, ... first place in the continued fraction are 2, 4, 9, 8, 11, 69, 24, 14, 139, 52, 22, ... (Sloane A033149). The sequence of the major terms of the continued fraction is 1, 2, 4, 13, 40, 49, 65, 399, 2076, ... (Sloane A033091), which occur in positions 2, 4, 8, 10, 20, 31, 34, 40, 529, ... (Sloane A033092).
                            Let the continued fraction to be given and let the denominators of the convergent be denoted,, ...,. Then plots above show successive values ??of,, which seem to converge to Khinchin's constant (left figure) and that seem to converge to the Khinchin-Lévy constant (right figure), although none of these limits has been rigorously established.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                              Member #5599
                              July 13, 2004
                              1185 Posts
                              Posted: August 16, 2011, 1:29 am - IP Logged

Hi,

You gotta love a devil's advocate.*S*

Do I have mathematical proof...no. However, after years of observation at the LP, #2 should be the correct answer. I've seen members come and go who are much more adept at advanced matmematics than I am. But it doesn't seem to matter, the result is the same repetitively, no winning system has been generated by people who know mathematics inside out. So, my proof whould be...that given the amount manpower, manhours, and talent that has been applied over an extended time, a new approach should be taken. Please note that I am not discounting current mathematics a necessary element to developing a winning system. I would say that current models are inadequate to the task. That would infer that newer models should be generated from mathematics as we know it. Perhaps multi-dimensional distribution analysis and the rules around law of uncertainty might be a good place to start as a new foundation. Even if you don't agree, try a new (really new) path, the old ones aren't working.

Hi dr san,

I've re-posted one of my replies so that you know what my current postion is. It has not changed and will not change until after my task is done. It's one of those finish what you start things. *S*

What your doing is very interesting, however it it not consistent with the approach I am using or will be using for some time. It's sort like we are working the the problem from two different directions....You are using existing formulas hoping the the solution will match...I am using data in a little bit different way hoping for a solution match. The mathematical approach you are attempting with would probably be better discussed with and directed to Jade. He's up to speed in the math world.*S*

I really do enjoy your comments and posts. Don't stop, perhaps another LP member will give you the support you are looking for.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Page 8 of 44